April 28, 2024, 06:43:18 AM

Author Topic: Christiano Ronaldo Thread  (Read 11343 times)

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Signs New Contract Until 2012
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 10:44:54 AM »
quaresma better.....and i go continue saying it.
you is the only man saying that

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 11:15:23 AM »

You must be watching tapes from 5 years ago. Best set yuh "way back" machine to 2007.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 11:25:19 AM »
GREAT news,now to win the treble

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 12:09:43 PM »

Ricky Quaresma is good, but he's not as good as Ronaldo...plus he is about 7 years older. I would like to see him playing for a big club in the Premiership though.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 01:13:36 PM »

Ricky Quaresma is good, but he's not as good as Ronaldo...plus he is about 7 years older. I would like to see him playing for a big club in the Premiership though.

hes 23
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 01:21:20 PM »

Quaresma is 23 turns 24 in September... Christiano is 22 ....... I have christiano , quaresma and Messi as the world´s best young players ..it is hard to pick you must admit. they are all very fast when carrying the ball...they are all predictable ...... they will go past most players with ease and it usually takes more than one to stop them .
In my humble opinion Chriatiano should have won the best young player in te World Cup ...I await the usual ....

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »
i remember quaresma since his barcelona days

i thought he fell off especially when i didnt see him in the wc

saw him the champ league this season though and he looked good second best ting in portugal right now so i dont think any club will go wrong pursuing him

carlos on the right and quarsema on the left ............here come the black cats :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2007, 01:51:10 PM »

saw him the champ league this season though and he looked good second best ting in portugal right now so i dont think any club will go wrong pursuing him

carlos on the right and quarsema on the left ............here come the black cats :beermug:
It's more like C.Ronaldo on the right and Quaresma on the left here comes the red devils

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 02:02:34 PM »

It's more like C.Ronaldo on the right and Quaresma on the left here comes the red devils
Well said trini :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »

Quaresma have my vote too!!! Ah eh tryin tuh fight down C. Ronaldo cuz he's ah player..but men lil bias cuz dey seein Ronaldo day in..day out in de EPL when compared tuh Quaresma in Portugal...cuz if men get tuh see Quaresma on ah regular basis...dey go give him more respect..dah fella rell poisonous....
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2007, 02:59:39 PM »
quaresma is a chelsea target last i heard...but he remains admant at staying at porto ...even turning down a january move to atletico (to fill in for the injiured petrov and maxi rodriguez)..by posting writing a letter saying he wishes to stay at porto for a long while...

i tink jai had d best post so far...
quaresma didnt make the WC squad because felipao said he didnt tink he could fit him in with Cristiano ... figo and simao.....

and if anyone has been watchin portuguese football lately thy would see he has had some part in alot of the goals scored

d advantage cristiano has is in playing in england and alot more exposure i .....his EDGE however is prolly he is a step quicker than quaresma.....

but any man who really knows stats would know that quaresma was doing alot of d moves at Sporting whn he was strting and cristiano on d bench
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:01:27 PM by doublet750 »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »

Quaresma have my vote too!!! Ah eh tryin tuh fight down C. Ronaldo cuz he's ah player..but men lil bias cuz dey seein Ronaldo day in..day out in de EPL when compared tuh Quaresma in Portugal...cuz if men get tuh see Quaresma on ah regular basis...dey go give him more respect..dah fella rell poisonous....
Quaresma´s  ouside of the right foot swerving shot is impossible for any keeper as the ball travels across the face of the goal ouside of the keepers reach. He does it almost at will. Portual have the two best wingers in world football in my view ...seems like they wont miss Figo for long as their tradition in wingers seem to continue.. it is hard yto pick and I agree with whoever feels that with both portuguese in de line up Man u would be stronger...maybe getting to the level of.....BOCA pèrhaps ?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »

but any man who really knows stats would know that quaresma was doing alot of d moves at Sporting whn he was strting and cristiano on d bench

That is the problem with rating Quaresma right now...he is playing in Portugal.

He did not do the business at Barcelona, and he has not been a regular fixture for the national team.

A few Champions league games and the Portuguese league is not enough to assess the man as one of the World's best players no matter how good he looks in Portugal.

Even Ronaldinho was validated as the World's best only after moving from France to Spain. Zidane, from France to Italy.

You have to prove it on the biggest stage and Qauresma has not.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »

A few Champions league games and the Portuguese league is not enough to assess the man as one of the World's best players no matter how good he looks in Portugal.

Even Ronaldinho was validated as the World's best only after moving from France to Spain. Zidane, from France to Italy.

its not that he has not..cuz he did his thing in CL this year....only problem is that he isnt on a BIG stage league

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2007, 03:29:41 PM »

Quaresma´s  ouside of the right foot swerving shot is impossible for any keeper as the ball travels across the face of the goal ouside of the keepers reach. He does it almost at will
. Portual have the two best wingers in world football in my view ...seems like they wont miss Figo for long as their tradition in wingers seem to continue.. it is hard yto pick and I agree with whoever feels that with both portuguese in de line up Man u would be stronger...maybe getting to the level of.....BOCA pèrhaps ?

Yeah tell dem tell dem....de man is ah problem
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2007, 03:31:13 PM »
breeezers doh forget bout d way dat man could SHOOT A RABONA (behind d other leg )...and Put it on target n give d keeper sum wok to do

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2007, 03:42:54 PM »
breeezers doh forget bout d way dat man could SHOOT A RABONA (behind d other leg )...and Put it on target n give d keeper sum wok to do

Educate de board muh boi...cuz like men eh know dat Quaresma eh no joke...de man deserve full ratings.........
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2007, 04:14:37 PM »
i guess he resigned himself to seeing that manu is going to dominate world football in these next few years.
     its about time that manu won back the premiership title!

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2007, 04:45:51 PM »
and i thought i was only one supporting quaresma

Quaresma´s  ouside of the right foot swerving shot is impossible for any keeper as the ball travels across the face of the goal ouside of the keepers reach. He does it almost at will. Portual have the two best wingers in world football in my view ...seems like they wont miss Figo for long as their tradition in wingers seem to continue.. it is hard yto pick and I agree with whoever feels that with both portuguese in de line up Man u would be stronger...maybe getting to the level of.....BOCA pèrhaps ?

and yuh doh see cristiano doing that right foot swerving shot.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

He did not do the business at Barcelona, and he has not been a regular fixture for the national team.

Quaresma's style of play didn't fit Rijkaard's style of coaching and instruction- that was his biggest problem. His "not doing the business" at Barca was not for lack of ability to compete at the highest level (he may have shone in a different system)....just in case you were trying to imply that.

I agree that Ronalo is more of a proven success
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »
and i thought i was only one supporting quaresma

Quaresma´s  ouside of the right foot swerving shot is impossible for any keeper as the ball travels across the face of the goal ouside of the keepers reach. He does it almost at will. Portual have the two best wingers in world football in my view ...seems like they wont miss Figo for long as their tradition in wingers seem to continue.. it is hard yto pick and I agree with whoever feels that with both portuguese in de line up Man u would be stronger...maybe getting to the level of.....BOCA pèrhaps ?

and yuh doh see cristiano doing that right foot swerving shot.

Ricardo Andrade Quaresma Bernardo, born 26 September 1983 in Lisbon, Portugal is a professional footballer; nicknamed "Mustang" by former coach Laszlo Bölöni because, similar to the horses, he possesses boldness, grace, speed, and independence; or Harry Potter, for being a young magician on the field; and also O Cigano due to Quaresma's Roma (Gypsey) decent. He is said to be one of the greatest Portuguese footballers currently, due to his dazzling moves, strength, passing ability, and shooting with the outside of his foot.

Didn´t even know that that fact about his kicking was so noticed that it has been  documented ......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2007, 06:31:48 PM »

Quaresma's style of play didn't fit Rijkaard's style of coaching and instruction- that was his biggest problem. His "not doing the business" at Barca was not for lack of ability to compete at the highest level (he may have shone in a different system)....just in case you were trying to imply that.

I agree that Ronalo is more of a proven success

to add to what you said ....

A Sporting trainee, he debuted as a professional during the 2000-2001 season in the B side, playing 15 games. In the next season he was selected by Laszlo Bölöni to play in the main squad, where he played 28 matches, scored three goals and was a key player in Sporting's title. Quaresma's SuperLiga debut for Sporting came against his current employers, FC Porto.

During the 2002-2003 season he was Sporting's "lone star", coming second in total minutes played (2216), played in 31 matches, and scoring in five occasions. The poor results during the season were partially attributed to Bölöni, who rarely played Cristiano Ronaldo and Quaresma at the same time.

[edit] Barcelona
Quaresma was sold to FC Barcelona for €6,000,000 (approximately £4,100,000 GBP), plus playing rights for Fábio Rochemback, but failed to make his mark with the Catalan side. He first played for FC Barcelona in a friendly in the USA versus AC Milan. In the game he scored his first goal for Barcelona (Ronaldinho did the same). During the season, he started ten times, came off the bench eleven times, and scored only one goal. In the final weeks of the season he injured his right foot badly, missing both the 2004 UEFA U-21 Championship and Euro 2004, although it was highly unlikely that he would have been called up for the latter..

Lets see where he goes next ....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2007, 06:41:09 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFmYhZW63qI

If you want to see what I was describing have a look at the link  ...especially at the moment 3.18 and 3.36 of the video...
If I was managing a club I would buy Quaresma, Arguero and Pepe ..... they are still emerging but are among the best of the next in my humble opinion.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2007, 06:55:18 PM »
Dont want top stray too much furtehr from the topic but I did introduce a name ...so take a look at PEPE ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89saGjZW7YQ

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2007, 06:57:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFmYhZW63qI

If you want to see what I was describing have a look at the link  ...especially at the moment 3.18 and 3.36 of the video...
If I was managing a club I would buy Quaresma, Arguero and Pepe ..... they are still emerging but are among the best of the next in my humble opinion.

need i say more?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »
I see d thread not about ronaldo anymore :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »
Jai...not to disagree with any of the specifics that you quote about Quaresma's career but Wikipedia is not a credible source for bios.

Also a few CL games does not compare to proving yourself in a big league and on the International stage, game in game out.

Kicker... Quaresma's failure might not have been all his fault but it was a failure nonetheless. I believe that he made the move too early and wasn't rated highly enough or wasn't good enough to have the team play to his strengths.

The man has undoubted talent and he has a resurgence of form now but until he make the move to the outside again he is a big fish in a small pond.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2007, 07:17:44 PM »
Jai...not to disagree with any of the specifics that you quote about Quaresma's career but Wikipedia is not a credible source for bios.

Also a few CL games does not compare to proving yourself in a big league and on the International stage, game in game out.

Kicker... Quaresma's failure might not have been all his fault but it was a failure nonetheless. I believe that he made the move too early and wasn't rated highly enough or wasn't good enough to have the team play to his strengths.

The man has undoubted talent and he has a resurgence of form now but until he make the move to the outside again he is a big fish in a small pond.

Ok lets not generalise here ...what about what was quoted about quaresma is not true ? how about the video ? i dont disagree with the point about him needing more exposure that´s why I put him in the next best group. i agree he probably went in too ¨small ¨among the heavies and at the wrong time ..... Rijkard rejected my player too and he got his chance to make him regret that ... wrong place wrong time for both i guess.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2007, 07:18:17 PM »
I see d thread not about ronaldo anymore :D

says a lot eh ?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2007, 08:08:50 PM »
this just means one less player who has transfer rumours bout him for the whole summer  ;D
but I glad he staying though
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>