March 28, 2024, 10:24:57 AM

Author Topic: Christiano Ronaldo Thread  (Read 10988 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Christiano Ronaldo Thread
« on: September 04, 2005, 10:28:32 PM »
Could Christiano Ronaldo make de Brasil Starting 11?

and then ask yourself if Latas could make it. kinda makes you wonder exactly how good de little magician is on de world stage. I think all things considered Latas might have more to offer than C. Ronaldo (Portugal) to a Deep Team like Brasil. I think that in a Robinho, Kaka and Ronaldinho you could find the same qualities that C. Ronaldo excel at however yuh might get a little twist with Latas that might put him over de top.

Perfect example, right now I rating de Argentinian midfielder Messi, as being up dey wid de big boys, Zidane, Ronaldhino. I always thought that the little magician was not too far from dem fellas. Now Im sure Im reaching here a bit but Latas at 37 make man remember why he is de 1 and only Russell Latapy.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:53:59 AM by Flex »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Could Christiano Ronaldo make de Brasil Starting 11?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 07:46:11 AM »
No and no.

The press in Brasil wants Perreira to play a 5 and 5 system.
Which would mean Carlos, Juan, Roque Junior, Cafu, with
Emerson/Gilberto Silva/Ze Roberto playing a holding midfield.
With Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Robinho and Adriano playing
the 5 up top. Pick who you want to play where.
What I saw yesterday was Robinho and Kaka were playing
everywhere.

Quite honestly, the Portugese Ronaldo would not even see the
bench with this Bras team.

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 08:08:30 AM »
ronaldo will make but latapy will not in his current state.

brazil have men with latas skill a dime a dozen by ronaldo have speed and speed can get you on any squad in the world

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 08:32:13 AM »
Dervaig, the press does not pick the Brazilain team and Brazil has never played that formation even in this, their most attacking formation in modern times. Did you watch the Confed Cup or the game yesterday between Brazil and Chile yesterday? They will play with 4 forwards, not 5. Robinho only started yesterday because Ronaldinho was supsended and he started in the Confed Cup because Ronaldo did not play. But Parreira gave an interview where he wasn't eevn sure if 4 was practical when the WC comes around and Robinho is not a definite starter...yet.

The Portugues Ronaldo is good enough to make the Brazilian squad, and he would be in the starting 11 ahead of Robinho. I am not saying that he is a better player, but he developed faster than Ronbinho and they would have brought the same speed skill and flair to the team...except Ronaldo would have gotten there first. He was starring for a top European club before Robinho really started making a name for himself at senior international level. Cristiano Ronaldo is also good looking and white and if he were Brazilian he would have been marketed and hyped in a way reserved for the likes of Kaka and especially Diego. I am not trying to play the race card..Robinho is experiencing the same type of overexposure, but from a marketing point of view it helps to be white. C. Ronaldo would be on the team and it would be hard to displace him once he were playing well. Remember Diego and Kaka made the team before Robinho...Kaka kept his place by playing well (pLus he is just a flicking general)...Diego did not. Ronaldo would have gotten his chance to do the same before Robino.

Latas would never have even made a Brazilian squad, definitely not a starting 11. As magical as he was for us, he would never fit into a real top class team. No disrespect but a country like Brazil produces 10 Latapys every generation and most of them look ordinary at that level. Right now Kaka and Ronaldinho who are still not at their peaks are better than Latapy ever was. Even when Brazil was looking mediocer in the late 80s and early 90s Latas wouldn't ahve made it.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 11:41:35 AM »
Latapy can't make Brazil team
C. Ronaldo might make the bench but not on a regular basis.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 11:44:13 AM »
No and no.

The press in Brasil wants Perreira to play a 5 and 5 system.
Which would mean Carlos, Juan, Roque Junior, Cafu, with
Emerson/Gilberto Silva/Ze Roberto playing a holding midfield.
With Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Robinho and Adriano playing
the 5 up top. Pick who you want to play where.
What I saw yesterday was Robinho and Kaka were playing
everywhere.

Quite honestly, the Portugese Ronaldo would not even see the
bench with this Bras team.

Ditto
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 11:55:58 AM »
DIEGO is d man to hold down d middle for Brazil!!!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 11:57:53 AM »
Diego...????
No room for him on this team....2 years ago he looked on course for big things but he did not develop as expected.

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 12:01:10 PM »
Both will make it.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 12:12:06 PM »
 Christiano Ronaldo not in Robinho class. I used to watch all santos games just to see him play. C. Ronaldo is a decent player but he is over rated for doing absolutely nothing. He is not a very good team player. NO he would not make Brasil's starting lineup. He might not even make the bench cause he can't fit in( CAUSE HE IS NOT A GOOD TEAM PLAYER).

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 12:29:03 PM »
Christiano Ronaldo not in Robinho class. I used to watch all santos games just to see him play. C. Ronaldo is a decent player but he is over rated for doing absolutely nothing. He is not a very good team player. NO he would not make Brasil's starting lineup. He might not even make the bench cause he can't fit in( CAUSE HE IS NOT A GOOD TEAM PLAYER).

Garbage- Christiano Ronaldo and Robinho are in the same class...at least at this point. I'm not saying he is better or worse, but in terms of class- they're right about in the same grouping.

To say that he does nothing is garbage as well. He create opportunities, and scores goals as well (maybe not as much as desired, but a decent amount for a winger). I am in no position to say whether he would make the starting eleven or the bench, because there are many factors that go into that. But based on pure ability, he could make Brazil's team. He plays regularly for Portugal, and for Man U.-Both reputable teams in world football.....He is respected by coaches who know the game..........so to say that he does nothing is very unintelligent, unless you believe that you know more than the host of coaches that I'm sure would love to have him on their team.

About Latapy making the Brazil team- doubtful....At his peak, he may have been given a look, cause I believe that at his peak he could play amongst the worlds best......But now..... ABSOLUTELY NOT !!! GET SERIOUS !!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 12:34:53 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 03:29:25 PM »
There is only one Ronaldo and he aint C Ronaldo.
That C Ronaldo wouldn't C he way in no Brazilian team.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 03:38:26 PM »
He could probably make a squad of 22 for training, but ah cyar see him even getting ah whiff of dat first 11.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 04:02:47 PM »
Chistiano Ronaldo in Brazil starting eleven ==  NO

In no way shape and form.  He is good but he aint that good.  I honestly believe he is more hype than reality.  The only thing he has going for him to make the Brazil team is the last name Ronaldo.

To answer that question, I have a better question and this will shed light on my answer, Who can Christiano Ronaldo replace (put on de bench that is) in the Brazil starting eleven.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 04:14:24 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 04:08:42 PM »
Brasil have about 15 Cristiano Ronaldo.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 04:36:18 PM »
Chistiano Ronaldo in Brazil starting eleven ==  NO

In no way shape and form.  He is good but he aint that good.  I honestly believe he is more hype than reality.  The only thing he has going for him to make the Brazil team is the last name Ronaldo.

To answer that question, I have a better question and this will shed light on my answer, Who can Christiano Ronaldo replace (put on de bench that is) in the Brazil starting eleven.

Perhaps you are right, but if you watch ManU, Euro 2004, or Portugal's WC qualifiers you will realize he is frighteningly skillful and very fast. He can dribble, finishes well with both feet and at 6ft 1 is a suprisingly great header of the ball. He has some rubbish he needs to take out of his game (diving, trying to be too elaborate) but at 22 he is more than just good and he is more than just hype. Whether he makes a starting 11 depends on the coach. I think the best international and club coaches rate him highly.

Just curious, do you think Deco (a real Brazilian) coulda make this Brazil team? Who would he replace?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 04:48:49 PM »
Just curious, do you think Deco (a real Brazilian) coulda make this Brazil team? Who would he replace?

This is exactly my point, in relation to this present Brazilian team, he cannot crack the first eleven.

I agree that my statement were a bit harsh but they were to make a point.  I do realize that he is very young and has played well both at the Club and International level but I don't think he is the complete player yet to be listed with the best of todays game.

Filho - Okay, here is another question is he in the top three at his position in the English Premiership?
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 04:57:54 PM »
Perhaps you are right, but if you watch ManU, Euro 2004, or Portugal's WC qualifiers you will realize he is frighteningly skillful and very fast. He can dribble, finishes well with both feet and at 6ft 1 is a suprisingly great header of the ball. He has some rubbish he needs to take out of his game (diving, trying to be too elaborate) but at 22 he is more than just good and he is more than just hype. Whether he makes a starting 11 depends on the coach. I think the best international and club coaches rate him highly.

Yuh aging the youth man, Ronaldo is only 20.

As for Deco, will not make Brazil for the same reason that they couldn't build a successful team around Rai, too slow. Deco is a traditional type of playmaker who needs the ball to be going through him to be useful and this Brazil team needs skillful men who can run and keep the system fluid as well.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 05:00:26 PM »
Definitely...not sure who would be better in the Premiership. That might sound strange seeing as Park actually starts ahead of him at ManU, but i feel that won't last...and I eh no big C Ronaldo fan so i could care less. I really just think he is that good when he is on form. Who is a better winger than c ronaldo in England?

I hear you though, this Brazilian team is ridiculous. Parreira saying that at least one of these 5 getting drop to the bench by the time the WC come around...Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka and Adriano...jesus.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 05:06:04 PM »

Yuh aging the youth man, Ronaldo is only 20.

As for Deco, will not make Brazil for the same reason that they couldn't build a successful team around Rai, too slow. Deco is a traditional type of playmaker who needs the ball to be going through him to be useful and this Brazil team needs skillful men who can run and keep the system fluid as well.

True dat... but that is how Deco plays for Portugal...but not Barcelona who use Xavi in that position and have a fast and fluid attacking midfield with Deco, Ronaldinho and Giuly behind Eto'o. I think he is more verstaile than you give him credit for.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 05:37:28 PM »
Filho - Okay, here is another question is he in the top three at his position in the English Premiership?

Gave it more thought. Top wingers/wide midfielders in the Premiership, in no particular order is a toss up between Robben (although not playing too well yet this season), Duff, Sean W. Phillips, C Ronaldo and maybe Giggs (#1 in his prime). Honorable mention to Ljungberg, Zoltan Gera and Hleb.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 06:59:52 PM »
how no one aint talk about Messi, allyuh aint rating that fella boy? I see de man run for Barca and look real Fo$%6king good. whats de word on Messi?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 07:04:29 PM »
well start a Messi post den

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 07:36:51 PM »
C. Ronaldo cyan smell the Brazilian first 11.  Too much depth, skill, pace.  Ah don't think he fits that mode of play, even though he is a skillful player.  He is deceptive in space, but i don't think he is a creative genius like Ronaldindo or Robinho.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldo Signs New Contract Until 2012
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 08:11:14 AM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6639152

MANCHESTER, England (AP) - Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo signed a five-year contract Friday to stay at Old Trafford through till 2012.

The 22-year-old Portugal international joined United in August 2003 from Sporting Lisbon for 12.24 million pounds (worth €17.97 million now). He has scored 18 goals for United this season and 45 overall.

"It is fantastic news, it emphasizes the point that Cristiano is happy here and that he is at the right club," United manager Alex Ferguson said. "He has a great relationship with the team, staff and the fans, and he will go on to be one of Manchester United's great players."

Ronaldo's future at the club was uncertain at the beginning of the season after clashing with United teammate Wayne Rooney in the World Cup quarterfinal match between Portugal and England in July.

Rooney was sent off for stomping on the groin of Portugal defender Ricardo Carvalho. Ronaldo had earlier run to the referee to protest Rooney's actions, receiving a shove from the England striker.

Ronaldo, who was seen winking at his bench afterward, went on to score the winning penalty kick.

After Portugal lost to Germany in the third-place playoff, Ronaldo said he wanted to leave United and move to Spain. But he was persuaded to stay and has made vital contributions with the club in contention for the Champions League, Premier League title and FA Cup this season.

"I am delighted," Ronaldo said. "I spoke with Sir Alex and David Gill about my future and everyone knew that I wanted to stay. I am very happy at the club and I want to win trophies, and hopefully we will do that this season."

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Signs New Contract Until 2012
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 08:17:49 AM »
nice news  ;D now man go start hating now
All American

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 08:58:01 AM »
Reasons to sign a new contract:
1. Higher pay
2. Man U will get big transfer $$ when Real bring Ronaldo to his true football home

Player and club both benefit

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 09:27:11 AM »
You beat me to it Cantona

HE PLAYS ON THE LEFT  HE PLAYS ON THE RIGHT
THAT BOY RONALDO MADE (ANY TEAM HE PLAYS) LOOK LIKE SHITE!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 10:06:32 AM »
Reasons to sign a new contract:
1. Higher pay
2. Man U will get big transfer $$ when Real bring Ronaldo to his true football home

Player and club both benefit
...or maybe Ronnie just wants to stay at OT...

Like you does bathe in Haterade  :devil:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 10:16:15 AM »
quaresma better.....and i go continue saying it.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>