April 15, 2024, 10:15:03 PM

Author Topic: Quinn confident Roy Keane will stay at Sunderland  (Read 757 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Quinn confident Roy Keane will stay at Sunderland
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »
ESPNsoccernet

Quinn confident Keane will stay at Sunderland

Updated: May 28, 2008, 11:28 AM UK

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn is confident Roy Keane will be at the club next season despite being linked with the vacant manager's job at Chelsea.

The Irishman has been mentioned as a possible replacement for Avram Grant at Stamford Bridge but Quinn is calm on the matter.

He said: 'I am not overly surprised that Roy has been linked.

'But rather than fret about it, I would take it as a positive that we must be doing something right as a football club.

'And remember, Roy is still under contract at Sunderland for next season and I am pretty happy at this stage that he will be with us for a long time to come.'

Keane took over at the Stadium of Light in August 2006 in his first management post, and has since masterminded the club's return to the Premier League and its consolidation in the top flight.

That has helped to enhance his reputation, but the former Manchester United skipper insists he has much to learn and that no-one at Sunderland made more mistakes than he did last season.

Quinn remains hopeful that Keane will extend his stay on Wearside by signing a new contract, something about which the manager remains relaxed.

However, there is little doubt that a man who was a winner as a player will attract attention as long as he continues to learn his trade at a rapid pace.

Keane invested around £44million in new signings last season and is currently preparing to launch a new recruitment drive as he attempts to establish his club in the Premier League.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:43:04 AM by Jayerson »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Quinn confident Roy =Keane will stay at Sunderland
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »
Chelsea hmmmmmmm if he goin he goin wit KJ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Imagine Kd DJ an Drogba ok weary wake up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>