March 28, 2024, 06:43:52 PM

Author Topic: Artificial surface in Costa Rica?  (Read 2859 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Artificial surface in Costa Rica?
« on: September 05, 2005, 01:10:54 AM »
What phu*uing bullsh!t is that? 

How the hell could Fifa allow that?

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports4.html

"The match against Costa Rica will not be an easy task, said Warner.

“It will be played on an artificial surface and this will be a first for the T&T team.
"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 06:18:41 AM by Tallman »

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial surface in Costa Rica?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 08:03:57 AM »
they have been playing all there games there.

this is an experimental thing by Fifa they have one if these fields in mexico.

it is they new grass-like turf

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 08:09:03 AM »
I hope is not like the artificial turf in these indoor stadiums because that is where i hurt my hamstring the other night its tough adapting to it and you can easily turn ankles and pull muscles on it you have to constantly be on your toes and aware of how you're moving.......

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 09:11:16 AM »
Nah Ngozi.. It is not the same thing.  I tore both my knees on that surface.. I doubt fifa would allow that kinda ting...It is supposedly a better experimental surface...

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 09:17:30 AM »
If thar happen that feild go be fast fast......We better not start with that slow thing.....or is trouble
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 09:24:50 AM »
http://www.fieldturf.com/product/overview.cfm

This is the company that FIFA using for the installations. Here is an overview of the field structure.

FieldTurf is dramatically different from traditional synthetic turf. The most striking difference is immediately obvious. Instead of a dense, abrasive rug, FieldTurf’s fiber surface is soft, silky - like new blades of grass in a spring meadow. Players can slide, tackle and tumble on FieldTurf’s unique blend of specially treated Polyethylene fibers without fear of abrasions. Rug burns are a thing of the past. The old hatred of “turf” - voiced so loudly by players, trainers, coaches, the media, even parents and doctors - simply vanishes, a distant memory from the rough “carpet age.”

But FieldTurf is much more than just the absence of abrasions. Unlike traditional turf, FieldTurf does not rely on an underlying shock pad for safety, resilience and player comfort. Rather, like its natural grass cousin, FieldTurf’s grass fibers are surrounded and stabilized by a special blend of “synthetic earth” - FieldTurf’s patented mixture of smooth, rounded silica sand, rubber granules, and NIKE GRIND made of re-ground athletic shoe material.

The rubber granules are a key component. Tire rubber is cryogenically frozen, shattered into smooth, clean, rounded particles, sized and shaped to stay “in suspension” with the sand, which is of a similar size, shape and weight. The sand and rubber are precision layered to guarantee uniformity, with an installation process that is also patented.

The result: A stable, resilient, uniform, shock-absorbing surface. FieldTurf is the original and only system emulating natural grass, ideal not only for athletes at the elite level but for everyday athletes.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 10:09:04 AM »
http://www.fieldturf.com/product/overview.cfm

This is the company that FIFA using for the installations. Here is an overview of the field structure.

FieldTurf is dramatically different from traditional synthetic turf. The most striking difference is immediately obvious. Instead of a dense, abrasive rug, FieldTurf’s fiber surface is soft, silky - like new blades of grass in a spring meadow. Players can slide, tackle and tumble on FieldTurf’s unique blend of specially treated Polyethylene fibers without fear of abrasions. Rug burns are a thing of the past. The old hatred of “turf” - voiced so loudly by players, trainers, coaches, the media, even parents and doctors - simply vanishes, a distant memory from the rough “carpet age.”

But FieldTurf is much more than just the absence of abrasions. Unlike traditional turf, FieldTurf does not rely on an underlying shock pad for safety, resilience and player comfort. Rather, like its natural grass cousin, FieldTurf’s grass fibers are surrounded and stabilized by a special blend of “synthetic earth” - FieldTurf’s patented mixture of smooth, rounded silica sand, rubber granules, and NIKE GRIND made of re-ground athletic shoe material.

The rubber granules are a key component. Tire rubber is cryogenically frozen, shattered into smooth, clean, rounded particles, sized and shaped to stay “in suspension” with the sand, which is of a similar size, shape and weight. The sand and rubber are precision layered to guarantee uniformity, with an installation process that is also patented.

The result: A stable, resilient, uniform, shock-absorbing surface. FieldTurf is the original and only system emulating natural grass, ideal not only for athletes at the elite level but for everyday athletes.

I just hope that George Joseph, who flew out ahead of the team, has ensured that we secured 2 bookings at least to practice on the turf. Not tolerating any less than that. A doh trust those Costa Ricans at all.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 11:57:41 AM »
Waaayyy too much of an advantage for Costa Rica who has played on the new turf many times.  Anyone who has played on artificial turf, it's a different bounce, feel, and yuh could even get tired quicker depending on the turf and it could also be like playing on concrete, I say we request three sessions on that pitch before game time.  CR would still have a great advantage though.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 11:59:38 AM »
ALMOST ALL STADIUMS ABROAD HAVE ARTIFICIAL TURF NOW....SO WHATS THE PROBLEM ???
THE FOREIGN BASED PLAYER WILL BE ABLE TO COPE...ITS JUST THE LOCAL PLAYERS...BUT THE ONLY LOCAL PLAYER PLAYING IS WHITLEY
 ??? ???

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 12:02:43 PM »
That is news to me faddah....  So artificial turf running things abroad?  I thought is only American Football use dat sh!t....

ALMOST ALL STADIUMS ABROAD HAVE ARTIFICIAL TURF NOW....SO WHATS THE PROBLEM ???
THE FOREIGN BASED PLAYER WILL BE ABLE TO COPE...ITS JUST THE LOCAL PLAYERS...BUT THE ONLY LOCAL PLAYER PLAYING IS WHITLEY
 ??? ???

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 05:31:38 PM »
them field does be the same as grass. Trust me fellas its real godd I dont think we have nothing to worry about when it comes to the field. Here in Canada and the US I play plenty American football games and it real nice, it's like real grass

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 05:43:40 PM »
it is not turf like allya used to, it is like fake grass. even have soil like substance in it. real high tech. I have played on it and it is better than many grass fields in central america and the caribbean. same feel as grass and you can wear cleats. the surface is not fast and there no possibility of a bad bounce. Good soil like substance so you doh get grate up when you pass you blade...serious fellas. If you watched the Costa Rica/Mexico game you woulda see it. real nice...FIFA thinking of switching to it beacsue it is cheap to maintain...grass doh dry out, surface always even, cyah get muddy or waterlogged. it is to help developing nations have a immaculate surface without spending dinero on the upkeep.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 05:44:28 PM »
them field does be the same as grass. Trust me fellas its real godd I dont think we have nothing to worry about when it comes to the field. Here in Canada and the US I play plenty American football games and it real nice, it's like real grass

I think it is a different game entirely, it is very similar to grass but not quite, cause even every grass field different, but this is always the same..the ball is not as fast, it may even be faster on grass, this has a kinda hold up bounce,...had to describe...it is better for control and passing, as well as reduction in injuries, compared to the old Artificial...is obviously better than an average grass field...but not more than a well kept world class one..buh that is my preference....

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 07:41:36 PM »
Fellas.  The new artificial turf is almost like grass.  Is not that carpet thing we used to see.  Some turfs have blades like real grass and yuh don't really get turf burns.  As a goalie, yuh could play without long sleeves and padding and the ball plays true to the bounce.  Depending on the length of the "grass" the ball plays fast or slow.  Fifa has been very strict in making teams that adopt this playing surface conform to specifications and stick to only "Fifa approved" surface manufacturers and installers. 

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »
Even Beenieman say he worried, I tell allyuh, too much advantage to be playing on new pitch when de home team accustomed to it.....

1]; } ?>