April 29, 2024, 01:09:34 AM

Author Topic: 4th place for sure ?  (Read 4241 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
4th place for sure ?
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:30:03 AM »
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/poll_results.html?pollID=4118&vote=-1

Either allyuh men flood the voting on that site or people backing us to pip d Guats for that 4th place spot.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: 4th place for sure ?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 11:24:27 AM »
Based on the remaining matches in the schedule, I not surprised to see those results.

Most people would expect Guatemala to lose against US, Mexico & CR..even if 2 of those games are at home.

Most people would expect us to get a result against Panama....hence....the poll results.

The thing is....our destiny is our own hands.  Something which I never really felt comfortable with before (given how many football tournaments we host and big games we fail to win) but maybe, just maybe, saturday's performance and result can reverse that trend.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »
we have to play all remaining matches to win.
this shit where we working with maths and figuring out we need a point here or we could afford to lose there is pure stupidness.
we have to finish third cause whoever we go to play from Asia is going to beat we if we end up in that playoff and im being realistic.
we might have a chance against Uzbekistan cause they play more a Euopean style..with bahrain they going to be erratic,unpredicatble,speedy and full of passion
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 01:05:47 PM »
I agree.......win your games....
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 01:09:19 PM »
Good talk dey Feliz.
We have to aim to come 3rd. If we go into a playoff, I dont trust us one ounce at all. We just transpire to do shit when things matter most. We have won one must win game in the last 16 years, and that was Saturday.
To come third, we need to make sure CR doesnt get 3 pts on Wed. If they do, they will go to 13, which will mean they will just need a draw in either of their 2 remaining games to automatically qualify, as the most we could then make will be 13.
If we draw, we go to 8, them to 11. Then they have 2 harder games than us, so we oculd ketch them if we dont shit up.
Guatemala - They in some trouble. For the US, they dont ever send soft teams to play WCQ's, qualified or not. That is a very strong US team. I dont see Guat beating them. But after following CONCACAF WCQ for 16 years, if its one thing I have learnt, you can never predict how the games will go. We are the most unoredictable confederation in the world. The only sure thing is that the US and Mex are a class above everyone else and will always do well. CR has the ability, but they have a Trini-esque problem of choking sometimes.
Guatemala has 3 hard games left. I feel they good for about 4 pts max again.
I feel we good for 5 at minimum. This will mean a 4th finish. But I doh like that, I will take it over 5th place anyday, but 3rd still up.
We have to avoid CR getting 3 pts and pulling away. That is the key.
It is going to be our hardest game so far. CR is ripping form now, they on a high, playing at home, altitude, new turf that only them could play on, plus they playing a team they regard as weak, just as how we will regard St Vincent as a sure 6pts in WCQ.
The possibilities are endless, in in CONCACAF, the unexpected usually happens.
The only think I know for sure this Wed is that Mex going to trounce Panama and bury them once and for all.
We need to get a point on Wed, its as simple as that. Moreso for keeping CR in check and in striking distance, than us actually moving to 8pts.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 01:11:52 PM by Trini »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 01:30:24 PM »
yeah boy if we end up in that playoff game is real pressure for everybody yes..so if i avoidable the better yest for we supporters too...how much of allyuh willing to make a trip to eastern europe or the middle east?
Feliz

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 01:34:21 PM »
The fourth place in Concacaf better than probably the 2nd or third ..... could even beat the top Asian team.

Against one of those countries ending with the 'TAN on paper it supposed to be an easy win. However is third place we looking for. After we beat CR and Panama we coming to clean up Mexico.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 01:38:05 PM »
Take ah   :beermug: fuh dat Cowen!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 01:54:01 PM »
The fourth place in Concacaf better than probably the 2nd or third ..... could even beat the top Asian team.

Against one of those countries ending with the 'TAN on paper it supposed to be an easy win.

ah have to disagree with yuh on dat one Cowen.

dem 'TAN' countries were all once part of de great  USSR..which means they know bout organisation if they had the right resources available..most of their best players knew their lil independent countries was going nowhere fast so they all jumped ship or took the trains to Russia,Ukraine,Geogia,Lithuania,Latvia and Belarus etc.
dem "TAN' countries only playing in Asia cause Europe was full and they felt they had a better chance against the Asians.

now with the Asians...the top 10 asian teams will beat us easily in a COMPETITIVE game..and i could call Japan, China, South Korea, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iran and of course Bahrain and Uzbekistan.
after them teams then we could consider we better than the rest of Asia.
Feliz

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 02:25:42 PM »
All we need to do is to keep winning and get max points from the remaining games, so we would not have to worry about 4th place

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 02:29:17 PM »

now with the Asians...the top 10 asian teams will beat us easily in a COMPETITIVE game..and i could call Japan, China, South Korea, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iran and of course Bahrain and Uzbekistan.
after them teams then we could consider we better than the rest of Asia.

Steups!! u think that de jamiacans would be saying something like this if they were on the verge of fourth place?

we drew with south korea in korea!

we beat iraq 2-0 in england

we led thailand 2-0 in thailand before conceeding three late goals!!

since when de top ten asian team go beat we easily!!

steups! where alyuh does come out?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 02:42:16 PM »
yuh missing my point fella...ah realize yuh sticking up for yuh pardener but say what..maybe i shouldntve said 'easily' and maybe you never saw any of them so-called minnows from Asia besides Japn and Korea play.
also i said in a 'competitive' game..we only played them in friendlies before to my knowledge.
yuh cant go by friendly results..u feel Denamrk woulda still beat England 4-1 if it was a qualifier or something?

and btw we on the verge of 3rd place not 4th place..yuh setting yuh expectations too low.
Feliz

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 03:00:05 PM »
Andre - u really think we  could match up vs South Korea and Japan and Iran in a 2 leg playoff RIGHT NOW?
I feel we could be very competitive.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 03:33:21 PM »
being competitive is one thing..winning or losing is another..i guess each has its good and bad points.
in the short term i would prefer to win regardless of the brand of football.
in the long term we have to learn to win comprehensively or when we lose we have to do it competitively..not roll over.

and Trini..yes i feel we will lose againt them 3 teams over 2 legs but then again we might see them team as a bunch ah lil indian and chinee and might be able to step it up.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 05:12:40 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 03:48:28 PM »
The good thing about a playoff is that the best team does not necessarily win. It is not about consistantly being better than a team, it is about getting the right results over a very small period. 2 matches-home and away...anything could happen. That being said the top Asian teams will beat us most times. We are not the same caliber of Japan, South Korea, Iran and Saudi Arabia. We would also struggle against China and UAE. Andre Samuel, it is kind of a joke to come with results against a wore-torn Iraq and Thailand? Neither of these teams were on Feliziano's list. And losing to Thailand anywhere is a disgrace. As for the South Korean game...we shoulda hold 'bout 6. Part of the reason we didn't was because it was a frindlly. But that is the beauty of the playoff, we woulda take that 0-0 and try we luck at home, plus we are a better team now. We must remain confident, but if we get into a playoff situation it eh go be easy

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 04:02:44 PM »
U right again Feliz.
I know we will be competitive, but there is no way based on our form over the last 2-3 years I see us beating the top 4 teams from Aisa in a WCQ playoff.
We struggle with St Vincent and St Kitts.
We have a long way to go before we get the respect of the world.
Winning on Sat was a good start.
But we are still regarded as jokey on the world stage.

Ja has much more respect than us and can be more confident, simply because they dont do the shit we do on the field, give up early goals, etc etc. They fight every game to the death and also have better international results than us.

Over to u ASamuel.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »
i really agree with allyuh Trini and Filho.
with a playoff anything could happen with the right circumstances..same like a one-day match.
it really hurts when u have some of them commentators on them analysis programs running we done from the start..is only the older ones who was around for the 90 campaign is remember our pedigree..they all know how backwards we went...but the underdog or shitthong thing will work for me once we winning yes.

But Andre i just realize the results u give me is from last year and up to 3 years ago..Iraq U-23 team woulda blaze we ass too..since u want to mention Iraq.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 05:11:04 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 04:51:44 AM »
Fifa declares World Cup tie void 

Fifa has declared the result of the World Cup qualifying play-off between Uzbekistan and Bahrain void.
The world football governing body ruled Japanese referee Toshimitsu Yoshida made a technical error in disallowing an Uzbekistan penalty.

He then awarded Bahrain a free-kick instead of ordering it to be retaken.

Uzbekistan's 1-0 win has been wiped out and the second leg in Bahrain postponed, with the tie now to be replayed on 8 and 12 October.

BBC Sports.

ah wonder how many times this happened before?

Feliz

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2005, 04:59:39 AM »
WHAT THE... FIFA kinda inconsistant sometimes oui!!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 06:05:49 AM »
What the ass is that? FIFA admtting a referee wrong is one thing, but changing the result of a game?? Never heard of that before...Uzbekistan have oil money or something ? Why the ass they couldna do that for we in 73 against Haiti?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2005, 06:59:04 AM »
Good point dey spidey...yuh know money pass in dat game!
well yes

jusme

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2005, 07:07:12 AM »
well for Uzbekistan sake, I hope they ent get licks in the replay

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2005, 09:48:20 AM »
Remember we draw with S.Korea under BSC. Now everyone will agree that BSC is not the world leader in football tactics. Beenie reputation alone surpasses that with a stroke being performed. Drawing with S.Korea over there was a big games regardless. This was done without the services of Yorke and Latas and Birchall and Scotland...... and the ever improving Jones. I'm not to sure if Sancho was there ....but Avery wasn't. If i left out anyone feel free to correct.

Now add these fellas to the team with a boss like Beenie and them Asian teams in some serious trouble. Serious. If BSC could do it against one of the top teams in Asian. What allyuh really feel beenie could do.... with a chance of carrying a team to the WC for the first time.

Think about it.

Go Warriors Go !!
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline nomad warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2005, 10:04:30 AM »
This was done without the services of Yorke and Latas and Birchall and Scotland...... and the ever improving Jones.

ey i believe Scotland is the man who score the equaliser against S.Korea in that away match. and if memory serves me well it was a bullet to the keeper right and in de vee. I'm not sure if it was a full on 100% S.Korea side but I think we could be competitive with the side we have now against their WC qualified team.

1]; } ?>