April 25, 2024, 11:25:13 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).  (Read 143263 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:08:44 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Jamaica (Mar, 26, 8pm TT Time) will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

1. SW Online Forum.

2. Chat Room.

Possible Online Streams.

Radio Jamaica.

Jamaican Radio - Power 106 FM

Possible TV Station.

Fox Soccer Channel.

T&T Team:

Darryl Roberts (Sparta Rotterdam), Osei Telesford (Un-attached), Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Jan-Michael Williams (Royal White Star), Kern Cupid (W Connection), Akile Edwards (Defence Force), Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin), Aurtis Whitley (W Connection), Akeem Adams (U-20), Jamaal Gay (U-20), Khaleem Hyland (Un-attached), Makan Hislop (United Petrotrin), Randi Patterson (Charleston Battery), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public).

Jamaica Team:

Allien Whittaker (JDF), Duwayne Kerr (Portmore United), Christopher Harvey (Harbour View), Christopher Jackson (Tivoli Gardens), Obrian Woodbine (Reno), Adrian Reid (Portmore United), Wolry Wolfe (Portmore United), Rudolph Austin (Portmore United), Ricardo Cousins (Portmore United), James Thomas (Portmore United), Keniel Moodie (Seba), Hugh Howell (Waterhouse), Kaemmar Daley (Meadhaven), Donovan Ricketts (Bradford City), Demar Phillips (Stoke City), Omar Daley (Bradford City), Tyrone Marshall (Toronto FC), Demar Stewart (Royal White Star), Oneil Thompson (Nottoden, Norway), Khari Stephenson (AIK of Allsvenskan), Marlon King (Wigan Athletic), Luton Shelton (Sheffield United), Deon Burton (Sheffield Wednesday).

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 05:50:54 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:11:06 AM »
is this game in Trini or Jca?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »
is this game in Trini or Jca?

In the Yard...   the return fixture is June 7th

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:10:15 AM »
Flex you early.

I saw JA play yesterday vs Costa Rica, like T&T they took looked scrappy. Goodison is a goat. Marshall played good, Gardener shouldn't be captain, Byce running without a clue but then again no one followed up for a pass, he not good enough to run the midfield, maybe they should bring back Kelly (?) King looked lost and got no service, he work hard but nothing like the player he is in England, Fuller is full of shit and Nelson (Joe Public) should have been on the field at half time. Wolfe should retire, he miss two good chances, no chemistry at all. Jason Morrison who plays for the same team as T&T's Matthew Bartholomew and Aarong Downing looked decent.

T&T vs Jamaica will definitely be a good clash.

Mexico and USA is definitely a cut above the rest in CONCACAF.

Good luck Soca Warriors.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:17:57 AM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »
Reallllllllllllllll early
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »
Reallllllllllllllll early

Believe me, this will be a big game in Jamaica. Expect another bumber crowd. should be live in North america via FSC too.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 12:37:26 PM »
Flex you early.

I saw JA play yesterday vs Costa Rica, like T&T they took looked scrappy. Goodison is a goat. Marshall played good, Gardener shouldn't be captain, Byce running without a clue but then again no one followed up for a pass, he not good enough to run the midfield, maybe they should bring back Kelly (?) King looked lost and got no service, he work hard but nothing like the player he is in England, Fuller is full of shit and Nelson (Joe Public) should have been on the field at half time. Wolfe should retire, he miss two good chances, no chemistry at all. Jason Morrison who plays for the same team as T&T's Matthew Bartholomew and Aarong Downing looked decent.

T&T vs Jamaica will definitely be a good clash.

Mexico and USA is definitely a cut above the rest in CONCACAF.

Good luck Soca Warriors.

Good to see you were taking note of the Jamaican players. did yuo see the T&T guadeloupe game? How would you compare the quality of Jamaica's opponents to the quality of Guadeloupe? I do agree with you that the Jamaica vs costa Rica game was a bit scrappy at times, and that the game wasnt smooth flowing....but it was not at all a very bad game. Costa Rica played their full deck of players....just coming off a 1-1 tie with Iran in Iran.

What about that bicycle kick by the Jamaican agaianst the post?  Nelson, yes, he could have bene given a longer run...However, I made very little impact on the game in time he was in the field...Might not get a look in for the Ja vs T&T game.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »
how much fuh shin pads ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 03:20:01 PM »
from Reggaefan
 How would you compare the quality of Jamaica's opponents to the quality of Guadeloupe?

Well they met in the gold cup last year and costa rica won 1-0 in a very evenly matched and physical game....
Not much between them from that encounter.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 03:22:29 PM by Trini »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 03:27:02 PM »
from Reggaefan
 How would you compare the quality of Jamaica's opponents to the quality of Guadeloupe?

Well they met in the gold cup last year and costa rica won 1-0 in a very evenly matched and physical game....
Not much between them from that encounter.

with all due respect Trini, I think Costa Rica is way better than guadeloupe. Yes, guadeloupe had a good run in teh gold cup...but have they ever even won a caribbean title? Its really hard to judge their quality based on eone good showing at the gold cup.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
RF -i think most of the costa ricans thought the same thing as you just before they met the french caribbeans in that game last year as well...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 04:28:27 AM »
RF -i think most of the costa ricans thought the same thing as you just before they met the french caribbeans in that game last year as well...

And chances are if Guadeloupe should play say a world cup qualifier in Costa Rica or Mexico city, they would get slaughtered. I do agree that they(guadeloupe) have some good players and thing....but I honestly dont think they can be looked at as a top CONCACAF team based on the fact that they reached far in the last Gold cup....I  still think caribbean teams such as Cuba, Haiti...are far better than them over the long run.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 05:31:58 AM »
And chances are if Guadeloupe should play say a world cup qualifier in Costa Rica or Mexico city,

RF, Guadeloupe can't take part in FIFA tournaments on dey own....FYI....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 07:58:22 AM »
I ALSO THINK we could get the game on sportsmax as well

march 26th right dey too
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 08:47:38 AM »
And chances are if Guadeloupe should play say a world cup qualifier in Costa Rica or Mexico city,

RF, Guadeloupe can't take part in FIFA tournaments on dey own....FYI....

right, I am aware of that fact....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 05:08:07 PM »
My team for training if I was the coach or more so the TTFF

Lets beat those stinking Jamaicans.

Ince, K.Jack, C.Gray, Telesford, Lawrence, Avery (if fit), C.Edwards (if fit), Hyland, Whitley, N.Daniel, John, Jones, Roberts, Scotland, Baptiste, K.Daniel, Marcano, G.Wolfe, Pacheco, A.Edwards, Theobald, K.Williams, S.Power, R.Aguillera, D.Jack, M.Andrews, McFarlane, Noel, Peltier, Guerra, Samuel, James, Bartholomew, Sealy, Glen, Birchall, Boucaud, Thomas, Shakes, Toussaint, Downing, Oliver, Jorsling, Phillip, Spann, Connell, Murray, Legall, Leon, Abu Bakr, F.Lewis, Teesdale, H.Hector, Calderon, Sancho, McKnight, A.Warner and Tinto.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:10:02 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »
Guys dont underestimated Martinique or Quadeloupe. They have good palyers. Some play in the lower divisions, which are better than most primier division in the Caribbean.  Of course the best will play for France because they are a dept of France. But on the whole, the JA squad are playing better than TT because they resolved their bachannal early O'clock and started preparing for the WC. WC qualifying is not so much about pretty football. Just win baby, just win.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »
avery (if fit)          EDIT: avery( if found)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 08:24:46 PM »

Ince, K.Jack, C.Gray, Telesford, Lawrence, Avery (if fit), C.Edwards (if fit), Hyland, Whitley, N.Daniel, John, Jones, Roberts, Scotland, Baptiste, K.Daniel, Marcano, G.Wolfe, Pacheco, A.Edwards, Theobald, K.Williams, S.Power, R.Aguillera, D.Jack, M.Andrews, McFarlane, Noel, Peltier, Guerra, Samuel, James, Bartholomew, Sealy, Glen, Birchall, Boucaud, Thomas, Shakes, Toussaint, Downing, Oliver, Jorsling, Phillip, Spann, Connell, Murray, Legall, Leon, Abu Bakr, F.Lewis, Teesdale, H.Hector, Calderon, Sancho, McKnight, A.Warner and Tinto.

you might need all those 58 players on the field at once to stand a chance Sam...:)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 08:46:56 PM »

you might need all those 58 players on the field at once to stand a chance Sam...:)
RF  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
NOT!!!!
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 09:16:41 AM »

Suck me sideways.........
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »

Suck me sideways.........

Keep your nasty batty-man desires to yourself dude.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 12:03:06 PM »
RF go away nah...Yuh always comin here talking alot of shit like JA is some type ah football power in Concacaf..JA failed in their last campaign to even qualify for Gold Cup...and  allyuh always be searching for black european players who have like 1% of jamaican blood to convince them to play on allyuh team...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 02:22:49 PM »
RF go away nah...Yuh always comin here talking alot of shit like JA is some type ah football power in Concacaf..JA failed in their last campaign to even qualify for Gold Cup...and  allyuh always be searching for black european players who have like 1% of jamaican blood to convince them to play on allyuh team...

I dont get your point Sando...Next time you write a post, take a minute to think about what you want to say in your post before you start typing. Yes, there are many many Jamaican players playing in Europe, some we send there, others are eligible for us by heritage. Do you think Chris Birchal is less/more Trini than yourself? Take a minute to think clearly before you respond...otherwise you might make a jack-ass out of yourself.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »

I dont get your point Sando...Next time you write a post, take a minute to think about what you want to say in your post before you start typing. Yes, there are many many Jamaican players playing in Europe, some we send there, others are eligible for us by heritage. Do you think Chris Birchal is less/more Trini than yourself? Take a minute to think clearly before you respond...otherwise you might make a jack-ass out of yourself.

Bitch Ass my point is we dont go searching for players with Trini heritage to play for us..If a player (not trini born) desires to play for us then he will have to make the first move by making it public of his sentiments to rep T&T..Now JA is the opposite..when its becomes known that a player father's granfather's brother's cousin is jamaican then the JFF ah try everyway possble to convince the man to become another of many UB40s... Maybe I should have said it in patois cause I know yuh c**t still dont get it
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 04:54:51 PM by Sando prince »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

Bitch Ass my point is we dont go searching for players with Trini heritage to play for us..If a player (not trini born) desires to play for us then he will have to make the first move by making it public of his sentiments to rep T&T..Now JA is the opposite..when its becomes known that a player father's granfather's brother's cousin is jamaican then the JFF ah try everyway possble to convince the man to become another of many UB40s... Maybe I should have said it in patois cause I know yuh c**t still dont get it

:rotfl:   :D , anyway lol , i just heard on news how Jack had to apologize to we coach about how the team play Wednesday, he say we lucky is Guadeloupe we play and not Jamaica, he also say he hope the players improve between now and the time we have to play Jamaica
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »
Allyuh stat thread six weeks in advance??  ::)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 07:33:04 PM »

Do you have to stoop so low to get your point accross! sstuueeppss! have a little class nah fardder, not BC the bredder ain't one of us yuh go disrespect him like that.    who vex loss.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 09:53:16 PM »

I'm still not getting your point dude. Ashley Young indicated an interest in playing for Jamaica long before getting the call to play for england, but the JFF didnt call him. Jermain Pennant's Aunt was on the local sports call in show one tuesday afternoon pleading with the JFF to call her nephew to the under-20 squad...he wasnt called. Nyron Nosworthy recently declared his hand...stated that he wants to play for Jamaica....he still hasnt played yet.

Deon Burton paid his way to Jamaica to try out with the national team, ended up making the squad.

I think your issue is you are having a problem coming to grips with the sheer number of players in the UK eligible to play for Jamaica...not sure why that should surprise you seeing that the Union Jack was once the flag of Jamaica.

Having said all that, you do realise that only Marlon King and Cambell-Ryce were the only non-JAmaican born players on the pitch in the last game vs Costa Rica, right? both these guys have been  playing for Jamaica since 2003.

Now, you didnt answer my question regarding Chris Birchall. U care to give it a shot?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 10:58:09 AM »
RF the TTFF didnt try to persuade Birchall to play for us...Birchall made his desire and availability to play for Trinidad before any contact with him and the TTFF..and what is it that make you think he is less or more Trini than me?

1]; } ?>