April 28, 2024, 09:54:10 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).  (Read 143714 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »
RF the TTFF didnt try to persuade Birchall to play for us...Birchall made his desire and availability to play for Trinidad before any contact with him and the TTFF..and what is it that make you think he is less or more Trini than me?
I thought is Dennis Lawrence tell the TTFF bout Birchall and they contact him.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »
RF the TTFF didnt try to persuade Birchall to play for us...Birchall made his desire and availability to play for Trinidad before any contact with him and the TTFF..and what is it that make you think he is less or more Trini than me?
I thought is Dennis Lawrence tell the TTFF bout Birchall and they contact him.

True but he had made his trini heritage public before that..Just saying that we did not run down Birchall...He was chosen because he wanted to play for us not because we persuaded him
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:06:41 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »
Bitch Ass my point is we dont go searching for players with Trini heritage to play for us..If a player (not trini born) desires to play for us then he will have to make the first move by making it public of his sentiments to rep T&T..Now JA is the opposite..when its becomes known that a player father's granfather's brother's cousin is jamaican then the JFF ah try everyway possble to convince the man to become another of many UB40s... Maybe I should have said it in patois cause I know yuh c**t still dont get it

I'm still not getting your point dude. Ashley Young indicated an interest in playing for Jamaica long before getting the call to play for england, but the JFF didnt call him. Jermain Pennant's Aunt was on the local sports call in show one tuesday afternoon pleading with the JFF to call her nephew to the under-20 squad...he wasnt called. Nyron Nosworthy recently declared his hand...stated that he wants to play for Jamaica....he still hasnt played yet.

Deon Burton paid his way to Jamaica to try out with the national team, ended up making the squad.

I think your issue is you are having a problem coming to grips with the sheer number of players in the UK eligible to play for Jamaica...not sure why that should surprise you seeing that the Union Jack was once the flag of Jamaica.

Having said all that, you do realise that only Marlon King and Cambell-Ryce were the only non-JAmaican born players on the pitch in the last game vs Costa Rica, right? both these guys have been  playing for Jamaica since 2003.

Now, you didnt answer my question regarding Chris Birchall. U care to give it a shot?

Rene simones was not satisfied with boyd etc etc  and searched for replacement
 young  was at a workout with RB squad when they played england he was waiting on an england call JA was second choice
Pennat had already been in england youth squads  under 17 under 18 under 21 No way he could ahve played for JA
Marlon King had no chance of an english call up so to did birchall
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 11:52:12 AM »
Bitch Ass my point is we dont go searching for players with Trini heritage to play for us..If a player (not trini born) desires to play for us then he will have to make the first move by making it public of his sentiments to rep T&T..Now JA is the opposite..when its becomes known that a player father's granfather's brother's cousin is jamaican then the JFF ah try everyway possble to convince the man to become another of many UB40s... Maybe I should have said it in patois cause I know yuh c**t still dont get it

I'm still not getting your point dude. Ashley Young indicated an interest in playing for Jamaica long before getting the call to play for england, but the JFF didnt call him. Jermain Pennant's Aunt was on the local sports call in show one tuesday afternoon pleading with the JFF to call her nephew to the under-20 squad...he wasnt called. Nyron Nosworthy recently declared his hand...stated that he wants to play for Jamaica....he still hasnt played yet.

Deon Burton paid his way to Jamaica to try out with the national team, ended up making the squad.

I think your issue is you are having a problem coming to grips with the sheer number of players in the UK eligible to play for Jamaica...not sure why that should surprise you seeing that the Union Jack was once the flag of Jamaica.

Having said all that, you do realise that only Marlon King and Cambell-Ryce were the only non-JAmaican born players on the pitch in the last game vs Costa Rica, right? both these guys have been  playing for Jamaica since 2003.

Now, you didnt answer my question regarding Chris Birchall. U care to give it a shot?

Rene simones was not satisfied with boyd etc etc  and searched for replacement
 young  was at a workout with RB squad when they played england he was waiting on an england call JA was second choice
Pennat had already been in england youth squads  under 17 under 18 under 21 No way he could ahve played for JA

Yet, since his return, Rene has said that he hasn't seen another player in the recent squad training with the flair of Walter Boyd or Theodore Whitmore.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 11:56:33 AM »

young  was at a workout with RB squad when they played england he was waiting on an england call JA was second choice
Pennat had already been in england youth squads  under 17 under 18 under 21 No way he could ahve played for JA

Yet, since his return, Rene has said that he hasn't seen another player in the recent squad training with the flair of Walter Boyd or Theodore Whitmore.

Yes but the point remains that boyd and lowe or who ever was up front could not fo the job back in da 1998 drive
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 01:11:30 PM »

Yes but the point remains that boyd and lowe or who ever was up front could not fo the job back in da 1998 drive

Boss, u on the Jamaican Forum more than me. You probably even know more about JA football than me so stop try tell lie. U know that the reason why Simoes left out Boyd and Lowe was because they had no discipline. What u tryin to prove boss?
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2008, 01:17:55 PM »

Boss, u on the Jamaican Forum more than me. You probably even know more about JA football than me so stop try tell lie. U know that the reason why Simoes left out Boyd and Lowe was because they had no discipline. What u tryin to prove boss?

Boss no lie boyd could not deliver the goods you think its now i on these forums

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 02:30:15 PM »

Sando, you just made a jack-ass of yourself like I thought you would. Next time you want to make a point...make sure you think about what you want to get accross to the forum before you start typing. Save yourself the embarassment. Again I leave you with some facts: Sunderlands Nyron Nosworthy indicated his willingness to play for Jamaica late last year....new sof this first broke in the UK Media. he is yet to represent Jamaica....and I believe he is a quality defender. We have played at least 4 international games since then.  Remeber  Jose Luis Seabra? Would you rate him as a quality player or just an average one? Just some things for you to think about Sando!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »

Sando, you just made a jack-ass of yourself like I thought you would. Next time you want to make a point...make sure you think about what you want to get accross to the forum before you start typing. Save yourself the embarassment. Again I leave you with some facts: Sunderlands Nyron Nosworthy indicated his willingness to play for Jamaica late last year....new sof this first broke in the UK Media. he is yet to represent Jamaica....and I believe he is a quality defender. We have played at least 4 international games since then.  Remeber  Jose Luis Seabra? Would you rate him as a quality player or just an average one? Just some things for you to think about Sando!

Bitch Ass ..Nosworthy is one player..Discuss the whole clan of UB40s JA persuaded to play for them....yeh and I came back to re-edit my post to remind you how much UB40s played for JA in France 1998...(Something for yuh dumbass to think about)...Now go away and find one of dem hard faced yardies (like Cecile or Lady saw) to chat with
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:47:35 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »

Boss no lie boyd could not deliver the goods you think its now i on these forums

Well, Latapy could not deliver the goods, that's why the coach only play him against Paraguay right?
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »

Well, Latapy could not deliver the goods, that's why the coach only play him against Paraguay right?

to bad i cannot find them article on the internet anymore. ... in the final hex  for the 98 wc jamaica was at the bottom after 3 game simones went to england to seek new players  (strikers0.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 03:10:26 PM »
to bad i cannot find them article on the internet anymore. ... in the final hex  for the 98 wc jamaica was at the bottom after 3 game simones went to england to seek new players  (strikers0.
"Seven of the 22 players on the World Cup roster figure to be Britons whose parents were born in Jamaica.
The use of mercenaries is common in soccer. But the citizenship issue has become a sensitive matter in Jamaica, which is the only Caribbean nation other than Haiti in 1974 and Cuba in 1938 to participate in soccer's world championship.
It is clear, however, that Jamaica would never have qualified for France if not for such imports as forwards Deon Burton and Paul Hall and midfielders Fitzroy Simpson and Robbie Earle. Without the Brits, the Reggae Boyz managed only two goals in their first five qualifying matches. Then Burton, whose shaved-head brilliance has led to comparisons with the Brazilian star Ronaldo, proceeded to score four goals in the next five matches and Jamaica secured its place in the 32-team World Cup field. "
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E6DC1630F931A25756C0A96E958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

"that seven of the team's players were hastily imported from England"
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A00E6DD173BF932A35755C0A96E958260

diz wha ya want 2010? ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:15:40 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2008, 03:24:53 PM »
"Seven of the 22 players on the World Cup roster figure to be Britons whose parents were born in Jamaica.
The use of mercenaries is common in soccer. But the citizenship issue has become a sensitive matter in Jamaica, which is the only Caribbean nation other than Haiti in 1974 and Cuba in 1938 to participate in soccer's world championship.
It is clear, however, that Jamaica would never have qualified for France if not for such imports as forwards Deon Burton and Paul Hall and midfielders Fitzroy Simpson and Robbie Earle. Without the Brits, the Reggae Boyz managed only two goals in their first five qualifying matches. Then Burton, whose shaved-head brilliance has led to comparisons with the Brazilian star Ronaldo, proceeded to score four goals in the next five matches and Jamaica secured its place in the 32-team World Cup field. "
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E6DC1630F931A25756C0A96E958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A00E6DD173BF932A35755C0A96E958260

diz wha ya want 2010? ;D ;D

Not even!! west coast  there was an article that stated simoes  convinced the jff that he should start looking for replacments...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:40:42 PM by Trini _2010 »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »

Bitch Ass ..Nosworthy is one player..Discuss the whole clan of UB40s JA persuaded to play for them....yeh and I came back to re-edit my post to remind you how much UB40s played for JA in France 1998...(Something for yuh dumbass to think about)...Now go away and find one of dem hard faced yardies (like Cecile or Lady saw) to chat with

Care to respond to the Seabra reference? Anyway Guess what? GET USED TO IT! there are many many more out there that might get a look downthe road. Still trying to figure out what Cecile and Lady Saw has to do with a football discussion. Like i said before, stick to the point...you are one confused individual.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2008, 03:51:51 PM »
Not even!! west coast  there was an article that stated simoes  convinced the jff that he should start looking for replacments...
seems like he was reluctant at first but gave in....
"Rene Simoes, the Brazilian who has coached Jamaica to the verge of its first World Cup appearance, was reluctant to send out an international S O S last June. He wanted players who were born in Jamaica and who played in Jamaica. But he changed his mind after his team scored only two goals in its first five qualifying games...............
Faced with internal dissent and lapses in determination and organization, Simoes desperately needed to make changes. When Jamaica limped to the midway point of this final qualifying round in June, the coach decided to hold a casting call for players based in Britain.
''I knew there were more than 100 players in the United Kingdom who have parents from Jamaica,'' Simoes said. ''My first attitude was to build a Jamaican product. But we needed more experience, a more professional attitude.'' "
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9907E5D71F3AF931A35753C1A961958260&sec=&spon=

I really enjoyed reading this PDF article
http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/cucr/pdf/back.pdf
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 04:06:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »
...Now go away and find one of dem hard faced yardies (like Cecile or Lady saw) to chat with

I detect some racial undertones. Please forgive me if I am wrong, but what exactly do you mean by "hard face"?

You and Sam have something in common..I'll leave that for you and the other posters on this forum to figure out what it is. There is absolutely no place for racism in football my friend. You are walking a very thin line. Again, you are showing the world how much of a Jack-ass you are.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:16:20 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
Cool dong ah couple MILLION degrees nuh R F
I sure dat "Hard Face" mean dat person real uggry....... ;)
no racial undertone, overtone, OR EVEN Ringtone. ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:41:00 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »
Cool dong ah couple MILLION degrees nuh Ragga Fart

Quit making excuses for the ignorant fool that is Sando Prince. Its people like you who promote the sort of slackness that goes on around here on a daily basis.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »

Quit making excuses for the ignorant fool that is Sando Prince. Its people like you who promote the sort of slackness that goes on around here on a daily basis.
arm....cool bredda man...what ever you say......go back by de ragga boyz site nah
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »

arm....cool bredda man...what ever you say......go back by de ragga boyz site nah

so now you want me to go away? I have been posting here for roughly 6 years....not sure why yuo want me tro suddenly disappear. Looks like you take offence to me highlighting something that apparently is rampant on these message boards.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 10:37:41 AM »

so now you want me to go away? I have been posting here for roughly 6 years....not sure why yuo want me tro suddenly disappear. Looks like you take offence to me highlighting something that apparently is rampant on these message boards.
as I say go back from whence you came if we over here are so Bad to you...why stay...if YOU are so Hurt
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »
no racial undertone, overtone or quiettone

Exactly...RF hard face means ugly...like most jamaican women I met

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 10:43:01 AM »
as I say go back from whence you came if we over here are so Bad to you...why stay...if YOU are so Hurt

This is a football forum isnt it? and the title of the thread has the word Jamaica in it. No? Its sad that we are discussing other matters sisnt it? Shame shame shame.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:47:48 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 10:45:38 AM »
go and buy ah case of Red Stripe and have ah drink on me nuh :beermug: :beermug: I go sen you de money tomorrow ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2008, 10:45:55 AM »

Dont try to win favor with me boss, you have no reason to explain your words. Just know that you have been exposed, and people around here will look at you for who you truely are...this poster definately will.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »
the only thing that is rampant on this message board is the truth....

which is that jamaica have some hard face ugly gyul...

nothing racist about that..

if yuh eh like that crapaud smoke yuh pipe.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »

Dont try to win favor with me boss, you have no reason to explain your words. Just know that you have been exposed, and people around here will look at you for who you truely are...this poster definately will.

RF why yuh doh haul yuh stinking ass.. you expose yuhself to be ah ignorant ugly-ass hard face troll... and everybody know you for what yu is

How you go tell de man what he mean? Hard face = racist? well yes!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »
RF why yuh doh haul yuh stinking ass.. you expose yuhself to be ah ignorant ugly-ass hard face troll... and everybody know you for what yu is
How you go tell de man what he mean? Hard face = racist? well yes!!

The good thing is that this sort of thing is not a true reflection of the majority Trinidadian people. Why would anyone want to randomly attack the physical features of women in a derogotory way smack in the middle of a football discussion regarding the eligibility of UK born players is beyond me. I see this is a delicate topic here, so I suppose we best leave it alone. It is what it is.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:42:07 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2008, 12:44:13 PM »
The good thing is that this sort of thing is not a true reflection of the majority Trinidadian people. Why would anyone want to randomly attack the physical features of women in a derogotory way smack in the middle of a football discussion regarding the eligibility of UK born players is beyond me. I see this is a delicate topic here, so I suppose we best leave it alone. It is what it is.

Back under yuh bridge, Troll !!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
Quote from: Trini _2010 on February 10, 2008, 03:45:24 PM
to bad i cannot find them article on the internet anymore. ... in the final hex  for the 98 wc jamaica was at the bottom after 3 game simones went to england to seek new players  (strikers0.

diz wha ya want 2010? 

setta fu#king shithongs..... and then want to talk about Caribbean bigwigs....allyuh going nowhere
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>