April 27, 2024, 11:29:57 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).  (Read 143651 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game.
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 03:53:45 PM »
Quote from: Trini _2010 on February 10, 2008, 03:45:24 PM
to bad i cannot find them article on the internet anymore. ... in the final hex  for the 98 wc jamaica was at the bottom after 3 game simones went to england to seek new players  (strikers0.

"Seven of the 22 players on the World Cup roster figure to be Britons whose parents were born in Jamaica.
The use of mercenaries is common in soccer. But the citizenship issue has become a sensitive matter in Jamaica, which is the only Caribbean nation other than Haiti in 1974 and Cuba in 1938 to participate in soccer's world championship.
It is clear, however, that Jamaica would never have qualified for France if not for such imports as forwards Deon Burton and Paul Hall and midfielders Fitzroy Simpson and Robbie Earle. Without the Brits, the Reggae Boyz managed only two goals in their first five qualifying matches. Then Burton, whose shaved-head brilliance has led to comparisons with the Brazilian star Ronaldo, proceeded to score four goals in the next five matches and Jamaica secured its place in the 32-team World Cup field. "
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E6DC1630F931A25756C0A96E958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

"that seven of the team's players were hastily imported from England"
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A00E6DD173BF932A35755C0A96E958260

diz wha ya want 2010? 

setta fu#king shithongs..... and then want to talk about Caribbean bigwigs....allyuh going nowhere

7 britz waaaaaaaaay talk about foreign used
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »
ReggaeFart, with all this big boasting you boasting. If T&T beat the Reggae Toyz what will be your reply/excuse then ?

Just curious.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2008, 08:25:26 PM »
3 pages and d match a mth away.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2008, 09:52:14 PM »
3 pages and and about a month away and I HAVE RETURNED  ;D ;D.

Ahhhhh! It's good to see that the Trinis with an undertone of fear recalling the 1998 Reggae Boyz squad having a number of Jamaican-English born players that helped Jamaica qualify for France '98 World Cup. It seems the Trinis want Simoes to call more English born-Jamaican players to the Reggae Boyz so they can use the same excuse again.

I guess this fear stems from seeing just two English born-Jamaican players mixed with a 90% local Jamaican born Reggae Boyz squad playing and getting the results with no loss. Teams that T&T have loss and drawn against. ;D   
jjbrown

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
Ahhhhh! It's good to see that the Trinis with an undertone of fear
nah not at all
as I told R F in ah next thread
is no undertone, overtone or even ringtone :D
just a mild case of confounded amusement ;D

anyway we hope allya bring allya A game as we trinis say
"Tell dem Boyz, we comin"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:39:42 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2008, 10:27:16 PM »
My brothers is it necessary for our discussion to degenerate,to such unworthy  and demeaning language
We are all brothers who made the trip here on the same ship,to different islands,come on and lets all act like grown men who we profess to be
Lets have a civil discussion on the issues,lets disagree with out calling each other names that
One ugly is ok then you add another and its 2 dam ugly
If my brother is thirsty,I will not give him vinegar to drink

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2008, 03:03:17 AM »
RF why yuh doh haul yuh stinking ass.. you expose yuhself to be ah ignorant ugly-ass hard face troll... and everybody know you for what yu is
How you go tell de man what he mean? Hard face = racist? well yes!!

The good thing is that this sort of thing is not a true reflection of the majority Trinidadian people. Why would anyone want to randomly attack the physical features of women in a derogotory way smack in the middle of a football discussion regarding the eligibility of UK born players is beyond me. I see this is a delicate topic here, so I suppose we best leave it alone. It is what it is.
Eh RF it have some real big p***y gyul on this forum in the form of man who like to dis and gang up on ppl, so yuh best beware and be willing to walk dem out and not stoop to their level. nuff ah dem boy is bujwarzee and they learn to hate ppl from their homes. i does feel real shame to see certain man acting like teenagers , calling big man and women out their names in ah disrespectful manner, but say what i'm just one man who really cant stand that kindah low class behavior. the football rivalry is ok but the disrespect certainly isn't and they should be ashamed of themselves especially when the world is watching.             who vex loss!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2008, 05:29:36 AM »

Ah love it!!!.... ;D (copyright Andre Samuel)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2008, 05:31:20 AM »
My brothers is it necessary for our discussion to degenerate,to such unworthy  and demeaning language
We are all brothers who made the trip here on the same ship,to different islands,come on and lets all act like grown men who we profess to be
Lets have a civil discussion on the issues,lets disagree with out calling each other names that

Yeah I feel that way too.....except when it come to JA2099 and RF.....fuh dem... :flamethrower:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2008, 05:43:26 AM »
Yeah I feel that way too.....except when it come to JA2099 and RF.....fuh dem... :flamethrower:
dais wha I tryin an tell SJahRain.... ;D ;D
dem on here so long we just cyar help it :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2008, 11:16:15 AM »

Ah love it!!!.... ;D (copyright Andre Samuel)

JA VS TNT biggest rival clash in CONCACAF over USA MEXICO   ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2008, 02:16:07 PM »
We just full of excuses,why we just cant just get along
Talk your talk and be respectful,its said if you want respect you have to give it,then it starts with each individual
One must show his maturity,you cannot be a juvenile delinquent forever,some where along the line,you have to start acting your age
We can never agree all the time and each one is entitled to his or her opinion,the other party should respect such
May Jah bless and keep all of my brothers and sisters,in ONE LOVE of our HUMANITY

TALK YOUR TALK AND DISAGREE WITH RESPECT

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »

You should have Puerto Rico & Guadeloupe in that line-up too. :rotfl:
jjbrown

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2008, 03:23:50 PM »
SEND MORE BRITZ.....these players not good  SEND MORE BRITZ

said in a Zombie like voice with a Brazillian accent
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2008, 04:31:31 PM »

:rotfl: Yuh know!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »
alyuh who briniging this game on tv or who will have the rights for it fsc, sportmax or a local station go show it  ???
Youtube Channel

leroy

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2008, 03:02:37 PM »
Bitch Ass my point is we dont go searching for players with Trini heritage to play for us..If a player (not trini born) desires to play for us then he will have to make the first move by making it public of his sentiments to rep T&T..Now JA is the opposite..when its becomes known that a player father's granfather's brother's cousin is jamaican then the JFF ah try everyway possble to convince the man to become another of many UB40s... Maybe I should have said it in patois cause I know yuh c**t still dont get it

I'm still not getting your point dude. Ashley Young indicated an interest in playing for Jamaica long before getting the call to play for england, but the JFF didnt call him. Jermain Pennant's Aunt was on the local sports call in show one tuesday afternoon pleading with the JFF to call her nephew to the under-20 squad...he wasnt called. Nyron Nosworthy recently declared his hand...stated that he wants to play for Jamaica....he still hasnt played yet.

Deon Burton paid his way to Jamaica to try out with the national team, ended up making the squad.

I think your issue is you are having a problem coming to grips with the sheer number of players in the UK eligible to play for Jamaica...not sure why that should surprise you seeing that the Union Jack was once the flag of Jamaica.

Having said all that, you do realise that only Marlon King and Cambell-Ryce were the only non-JAmaican born players on the pitch in the last game vs Costa Rica, right? both these guys have been  playing for Jamaica since 2003.

Now, you didnt answer my question regarding Chris Birchall. U care to give it a shot?

Rene simones was not satisfied with boyd etc etc  and searched for replacement
 young  was at a workout with RB squad when they played england he was waiting on an england call JA was second choice
Pennat had already been in england youth squads  under 17 under 18 under 21 No way he could ahve played for JA
Marlon King had no chance of an english call up so to did birchall

Yet, since his return, Rene has said that he hasn't seen another player in the recent squad training with the flair of Walter Boyd or Theodore Whitmore.

Yes but the point remains that boyd and lowe or who ever was up front could not fo the job back in da 1998 drive

Boss, u on the Jamaican Forum more than me. You probably even know more about JA football than me so stop try tell lie. U know that the reason why Simoes left out Boyd and Lowe was because they had no discipline. What u tryin to prove boss?

Boss no lie boyd could not deliver the goods you think its now i on these forums

You need facts to back it up!, how much goal did boyd score in Jamaica WC Qualifiers for pre-1998
era? hint vs barbados,st vincent,mexico and honduras how much? Boyd is a legend in jamaican
football,same a deon burton but boyd have attitude problems.I ask a Question give me some
answers.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »
Bitch Ass my point is we dont go searching for players with Trini heritage to play for us..If a player (not trini born) desires to play for us then he will have to make the first move by making it public of his sentiments to rep T&T..Now JA is the opposite..when its becomes known that a player father's granfather's brother's cousin is jamaican then the JFF ah try everyway possble to convince the man to become another of many UB40s... Maybe I should have said it in patois cause I know yuh c**t still dont get it

I'm still not getting your point dude. Ashley Young indicated an interest in playing for Jamaica long before getting the call to play for england, but the JFF didnt call him. Jermain Pennant's Aunt was on the local sports call in show one tuesday afternoon pleading with the JFF to call her nephew to the under-20 squad...he wasnt called. Nyron Nosworthy recently declared his hand...stated that he wants to play for Jamaica....he still hasnt played yet.

Deon Burton paid his way to Jamaica to try out with the national team, ended up making the squad.

I think your issue is you are having a problem coming to grips with the sheer number of players in the UK eligible to play for Jamaica...not sure why that should surprise you seeing that the Union Jack was once the flag of Jamaica.

Having said all that, you do realise that only Marlon King and Cambell-Ryce were the only non-JAmaican born players on the pitch in the last game vs Costa Rica, right? both these guys have been  playing for Jamaica since 2003.

Now, you didnt answer my question regarding Chris Birchall. U care to give it a shot?

young  was at a workout with RB squad when they played england he was waiting on an england call JA was second choice
Pennat had already been in england youth squads  under 17 under 18 under 21 No way he could ahve played for JA

Yet, since his return, Rene has said that he hasn't seen another player in the recent squad training with the flair of Walter Boyd or Theodore Whitmore.

Yes but the point remains that boyd and lowe or who ever was up front could not fo the job back in da 1998 drive

Boss, u on the Jamaican Forum more than me. You probably even know more about JA football than me so stop try tell lie. U know that the reason why Simoes left out Boyd and Lowe was because they had no discipline. What u tryin to prove boss?

Boss no lie boyd could not deliver the goods you think its now i on these forums

You need facts to back it up!, how much goal did boyd score in Jamaica WC Qualifiers for pre-1998
era? hint vs barbados,st vincent,mexico and honduras how much? Boyd is a legend in jamaican
football,same a deon burton but boyd have attitude problems.I ask a Question give me some
answers.

I am saying in the final hex dem guys  was doing they job
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

leroy

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »

answers.

so true,there was alot going on with Boyd at the time.I leave it like that.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2008, 03:48:03 PM »

answers.

so true,there was alot going on with Boyd at the time.I leave it like that.

sorry a typo in the fianl hex them gusy was not doing they job of scoring goals .. after 3 games you all was at the botom Ja had a goal scoring porblem
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
alyuh who briniging this game on tv or who will have the rights for it fsc, sportmax or a local station go show it  ???
Sportsmax and FSC Jamaica has exclusive rights to all the Reggae Boyz home football friendlies.
jjbrown

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2008, 02:39:09 PM »
RF ah doh usually encourage dis Trini-Jamrock nonsense, but ah find yuh real outta place on dis one.

Whether talk bout women looks have anything to do with football or not, yuh dun here long enough to know that you will always get some picong as a yard on dis site. I usually respect you because you doh usually follow people down in the gutter they trying to drag you, but if by "Hard face" you pick up something racist, YOU have a serious problem. End of story.

If you like yuh Hard face gyuls and dem just say so. Nothing wrong with that. If yuh doh agree that hard face is a accurate description, beg to disagree, but doh be pulling the race card like that. Things bad enough as it is round here...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) names large squad for Brazil tour
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2008, 07:18:55 AM »
Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) names large squad for Brazil tour
Jamaica Gleaner

A total of 43 local-based players have been invited to a three-week camp in Brazil with national technical director René Simoes in preparation for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers as well as the CONCACAF women's Olympic qualifiers in April.

The squad will comprise 19 women and 24 men who are scheduled to leave the island next week. While the women will leave the island on February 27, and be in Brazil until Wednesday, March 12, the men's team will leave a day later to return on March 18, just days ahead of Jamaica's friendly international against Trinidad and Tobago.

Simoes has been in Brazil for the last week attempting to secure training grounds and opponents for the teams.

All Harbour View players originally called to the squad have been released by Simoes as they are in preparation for the CONCACAF Champions Cup which runs from March 11 to March 18.

Squads: Men: Duwayne Kerr (Port-more), Maurice Evans (Waterhouse), Allien Whittaker (Jamaica Defence Force), Orane Simpson (Tivoli Gardens), Obrien Woodbine (Reno), Irvino English (Waterhouse), Adrian Reid (Portmore), Andre Darby (Naggo Head), Marco McDonald (Waterhouse), Christopher Jackson (Tivoli), Desmond Breakenbridge (Waterhouse), Rudolph Austin (Portmore), Keniel Moodie (Seba), Nicholy Finlayson (Reno), Hugh Howell (Waterhouse), Damion N. Williams (Portmore), Ricardo Cousins (Portmore), Eric Vernon (Portmore), Wolry Wolfe (Portmore), Damian R. Williams (Waterhouse), Navion Boyd (Tivoli), Keammar Daley (Meadhaven), Newton Sterling (Waterhouse), James Thomas (Portmore).

Women: Nikkeshi Thomas (Barbi-can), Peatria Campbell (Portmore Strikers), Nicoda Linton (Waterhouse), Marcilee McBean (Waterhouse), Monique Pryce (Marveley/ wHughenden), Stacy-Ann Johnson (Harbour View), Latoya Panton (Barbican), Janice Rennals (Barbican), Christina Chang (overseas-based), Alecia James (Barbican), Jodi-Ann McGregor (Barbican), Christina Murray (Waterhouse), Nicola Bell (Harbour View), Rochelle Bryan (Portmore Strikers), Iesha Mowatt (Portmore Strikers), Tanesia Vassell (Harbour View), Tashana Vincent (Portmore Strikers), Venecia Reid (Portmore Strikers), Kenesha Reid (Barbican).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2008, 07:52:48 AM »
what how those club let players  go easy easy  in trinidad is a fight down...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:25:34 AM by Trini _2010 »

truetrini

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2008, 08:08:52 AM »
what how those club let players with go easy easy  in trinidad is a fight down...

it depends on how you approach the clubs!  If you approach and have the attitude like Wim, you will get no cooperation!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Testing the Link
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2008, 08:46:43 AM »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Testing the Link
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »
Are you getting video ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2008, 08:59:04 AM »
Ok

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »
Are you getting video ?

can't get it to work with either wmp or vlc
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>