April 19, 2024, 12:48:42 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).  (Read 142840 times)

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2-2...
« Reply #960 on: March 27, 2008, 07:16:20 AM »
I left last nights game with Jamaica comfortably leading 2-0 early second half.

I cannot believe a big man or whatever you are, will come here and lie so bold face and expect people to believe that shit.... So you leave the game and when you reach home, you did not check the tv or even listen to the score on the radio....RF yuh are not only the biggest liar, but the stupidist... At least try and lie good nuh...

Doh worry wid he. Even in Jam they don't allow pothongs in the stadium. Reggae fan tief ah lissen on he hornerman laptop.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The unbiased evaluation thread - Jamaica vs T&T
« Reply #961 on: March 27, 2008, 07:16:44 AM »
As always Touches....the depth and quality of analysis is unparalleled.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 27, 2008, 07:16:48 AM »
Nice read touches...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2008, 07:17:11 AM »
MODERATORS ALLYUH PUT MY THEAD" WHAT DID WE GAIN" IN THE TNT JAMACIA THREAD; AH HOPE THIS  GO THERE TOO

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »
I'm going to be honest with you guys, and I know I might get some pounding for saying this, but here goes.
Now I didnt see the game, but I listened the entire first half and the first 10 minutes or so of the second half.  I pretty much thought the game was over as a contest when the first half came to an end. Apart from that goal that was ruled offside, I cant recall T&T challenging the Jamaicans much in the first half..while Jamaica missed about 2-3 clear goal scoring opportunities...while the keeper made another 2-3 excellent saves. Again, this is the impression i got from the Jamaican commentators.

Second half. Both teams started ringing the changes. either T&T totally took over the game at that point, or the Jamaicans saw enough and decided they were better than the Trinidad "fringe" players.

I for one was expecting a 4-0 or 4-1 blowout victory, but Trinidad must have done something right to avoid that after being 2-0 down and totally dominated at the end of the first half.

One poster below made the point that Jamaica never looked smooth during the game. And he is 100% correct. I cant recall the last time I saw a really smooth looking Jamaica side...thats something thats going to take more than 4 games to iron out...hence the need for these friendly games. I thought Jamaica did OK in the previous games they played with El Slavador and Guatemala, dominated les, but played a more solid overall game in both those encounters, and got better results to show for it.

This 2-2 result probably was a fair result...based on the context within which these games were played.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:47:42 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2008, 07:48:57 AM »
I'm going to be honest with you guys, and I know I might get some pounding for saying this, but here goes.
Now I didnt see the game, but I listened the entire first half and the first 10 minutes or so of the second half.
  I pretty much thought the game was over as a contest when the first half came to an end. Apart from that goal that was ruled offside, I cant recall T&T challenging the Jamaicans much in the first half..while Jamaica missed about 2-3 clear goal scoring opportunities...while the keeper made another 2-3 excellent saves. Again, this is the impression i got from the Jamaican commentators.

Second half. Both teams started ringing the changes. either T&T totally took over the game at that point, or the Jamaicans saw enough and decided they were better than the Trinidad "fringe" players.

I for one was expecting a 4-0 or 4-1 blowout victory, but Trinidad must have done something right to avoid that after being 2-0 down and totally dominated at the end of the first half.

One poster below made the point that Jamaica never looked smooth during the game. And he is 100% correct. I cant recall the last time I saw a really smooth looking Jamaica side...thats something thats going to take more than 4 games to iron out...hence the need for these friendly games.

This 2-2 result probably was a fair result...based on the fact that both coaches obviously rang the changes on the night.
These lines serve as a preamble to avoid taking any meaningful consideration to anything else you were about to say.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).
« Reply #966 on: March 27, 2008, 07:52:14 AM »
It was two teams(neither at full strength) experimenting against each other. Trins, I give ur team props for not giving up but at the same time, don't celebrate too much. Simoes took out the players that dominated the Trins in the first half cause we were 2-0 up. He gave the younger players a chance and tried players in different positions, thus giving Trinidad a gateway back into the game. Come on, if Rene was really hungry for the victory, he would've went with the same players and game plan in the second half and ended the game with perhaps a 4-0 slaughtering. Three of our players made their senior team debuts in the match, including Woodbine, 19, who ran circles around the Trini youngsters. Anyways, I must say I was impressed by Roberts. He holds up the ball well. We'll kill u in the rematch. Hopefully on that occassion, both teams will have all their big guns.

Only thing is your team was close to full strength and our team consisted of only 2 starters. Don't play like it was the same. And Woodbine eh run circles around nobody. You don't even know who the ass the younnsters were. Bottom line our C team tied with your close to full strength boyz. Answer an honest question.....are you really happy with this result?

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 27, 2008, 07:53:46 AM »
Touches, great report as always.. Thank you for bringing some unbiased rationality to my day...

RF. You really expect us to believe after all the talk and hype you just conveniently decide to absent yuhself from de game at half time?? come nuh man, better than that..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 27, 2008, 07:59:35 AM »
RF you self...listening to a Jamaican commentator...could your team do anything wrong?

Breds There was one dangerous long ball that one of your fwds missed in the opening 5 min that was a blatant throwaway.

But everything else was dealt with comfortably by the TT back line or the keeper.

TT sat back and allowed Jamaica possession until they reached the half line...then with no support from the midfield, no playmaker and no option upfront...it was a long flank ball. If the fwd got it he would usually be closed down or he would pass it back and it would go out of play or posession regained by TT.

JA is lacking a playmaker of any sort, there were no thru balls, no nice visionary passes and no creative dribbles to open up space or draw players.

I know the era of Tappa and Andy Williams is over but you need players to feed King and Shelton....Shelton for a English based player with speed was very disappointing.

JA did not play football, it was a hit and hope...TT put the ball down and moved it around but were outmuscled on the field.

But RF if you saw the game you would agree that your team needs polish and that credit must be given to TT.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 27, 2008, 08:05:05 AM »
Touches...Thanks man....very well done

and RF...what could I say but  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
even the biased commentators HAD TO ADMIT that the Warriors impressed them in the second half.....put that in ya pipe an smoke it trol
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:32:18 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

Re: Apart from certain Jamaican posters on this site
« Reply #970 on: March 27, 2008, 08:06:16 AM »
Why is there os much hatred of Jamaicans?

Sporting and particular football rivalries, why do some feel the need to cuss out Jamaicans all the time?

I can understand Rf and others who troll and flame here getting dey little cuss out but we sometimes take this into the ridiculous.

you is a yard awa..if yes  f**k OFF

fella sometimes you does lose yuh damn mind or what?

eh-eh...why yuh hate Jamaicans?  What dem do yuh?

dry so?  I eh mind yuh cussing out de trolls who does come here talking shit, hell me eh mind yuh cussing nobody who deserve it...but blind hatred cyar be good fuh someone so young...in fact it ewh good fuh anyone of any age.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 27, 2008, 08:06:45 AM »
What ?????? I know I have been harsh on TNt Team but damn I love this coach ..2-2 against a full Jamaican Squad . I personally feal sey this is a bigger acheivement than beating elsalvador.. I have to see this game . I left to go work only to find out this morning the game was 2-2 .. Hats of to Those young lads and Big up to de coach..   
war..

Not a full JA squad boss. There unnuh go again. JA team was just as young as trinidad's. 2 18, a 19, and bout 3 20 yr old. No Fuller, Gardner, Johnson, Goodison, Campbell-Ryce(even tho I dont rate him). Marlon King was the only "big gun" we played tonight and he only played first half. It was two weakened teams. Stop following TNT media.

Jamaica brought alot more of their overseas players back for the game than T&T did- they were closer to full strength than we were...I think you can admit that No need to split hairs over which team was more understrength though- End of day, a 2 goal comeback away from home for a team T&T team that hasn't been training for very long, and is blooding alot of rookies is a good result for us..and we're pleased with it. I agree with Palos though, we need to play better teams than Jamaica  ;D.... allyuh only good to boost the confidence of our rookes  ;) - to develop our players we need to play against quality  :devil:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #972 on: March 27, 2008, 08:09:18 AM »
doh mind Lionpaw and RF, after Jamaica was leading 2-0 dem was licking dey chops waitng tuh come back here and blast mankind!

Haul allyuh backside.

RF saying it is ah huge ting fuh we...but he forget how serious he say Jakans was taking dis game...and den why dem boo dem team last night?

lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Apart from certain Jamaican posters on this site
« Reply #973 on: March 27, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »
Why is there os much hatred of Jamaicans?

Sporting and particular football rivalries, why do some feel the need to cuss out Jamaicans all the time?

I can understand Rf and others who troll and flame here getting dey little cuss out but we sometimes take this into the ridiculous.

Only a few people iz cuss out RF, LP and JA2099.... I think for the most part we humor them and indulge in a little rivalrous exchange. End of day Jamaica is poor knock off immitation of Trinidad and I think we treat them accordingly  ;D....jokin'  Personally I like meh reggae & jerk chicken and I have family from Jamaica so I cool with our little sisters up north and I'm sure many others on the board are too...iz just a small minority that set a bad tone IMO.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »
What ?????? I know I have been harsh on TNt Team but damn I love this coach ..2-2 against a full Jamaican Squad . I personally feal sey this is a bigger acheivement than beating elsalvador.. I have to see this game . I left to go work only to find out this morning the game was 2-2 .. Hats of to Those young lads and Big up to de coach..   
war..

Lion calm yuself one set a hardstones man Ja Put in there squad and dey shit dung themselves against a School boy team.. If Jamaica play like dat,is a  whole heap beating dem set up for ..
Gave jack he bloodclaut Jacket and Big up de TNT Team.. I said in one of my other post dat the team JA have on paper, I see about 3 to 5 goals TNT getting.. But I was shocked to see the Young TNT lads draw de game.. Gave de yutes dem there props , simple ting dat... There were only about 3 or 4  Ful time players missing on The JA team ..  I dont get caught up in lill boy argument so I aint trying to seek an Argument wid a Juvenile I jest stating my opinion.. JA shit dung themselves . Simple ...
War

Not a full JA squad boss. There unnuh go again. JA team was just as young as trinidad's. 2 18, a 19, and bout 3 20 yr old. No Fuller, Gardner, Johnson, Goodison, Campbell-Ryce(even tho I dont rate him). Marlon King was the only "big gun" we played tonight and he only played first half. It was two weakened teams. Stop following TNT media.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: March 27, 2008, 08:17:11 AM »
war..

Who were they, were they on the pitch whole game?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 27, 2008, 08:19:02 AM »
I left last nights game with Jamaica comfortably leading 2-0 early second half. Then I woke up this morning to see the final scoreline reading 2-2. Now I don't know what transpired in the second half...but it sounds as if the boyz either took their foot off the gas, or T&T somehow managed to find away to stop Jamaica's total dominance...or might be a combination of both.

Sounds like it was one of those games where the substitutions allowed the opposition back in the game.

Congrats Trinis...I know this is a HUGE result for you guys...and a decent sweat for the boyz too.

Ya know reggaefan believe it or not I was one of the posters that respected your comments  on this site because you actually made valid points on occasion and I can't hate on you for supporting your country  but it's painfully obvious that there isn't an impartial bone in your body.  With cynical comments like "I don't know what transpired in the second half...but it sounds as if the boyz either took their foot off the gas, or T&T somehow managed to find away to stop Jamaica's total dominance...or might be a combination of both.
Sounds like it was one of theose games where the substitutions allowed the opposition back in the game.
Congrats Trinis...I know this is a HUGE result for you guys...and a decent sweat for the boyz too."
I've been watching your comments so let me see Jamaica took their foot off the gas after leading 2-0 and allowed us back into the game by giving us a goal back correct and then they were so kind in the office in front of their huge anti soca warriors crowd that they gave us back another goal ....because they love us so much? Or perhaps Rene Simoes told them to relax second half correct ? Our young team could have easily folded after being down 2-0 at the half and rather than do that they chose to come out and fight and score two goals in the half and equalize the game and yet you come at us with that disrespectful tone ...you allowed us back into the game.....I love this game with a passion you will never know but i believe in fair play and credit....don't ever disrespect a genuine effort respect the game...Your cynicism is the low point on what was obviously a good match up..... a HUGE result and a decent sweat.....lol funny guy......if you're gonna be like that truth is you can keep your congratulations to yourself. I always give teams their due because effort and performance demands that kind of impartiality not trying to get back at a forumite who cuss ya. Respect the youths!

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 27, 2008, 08:23:01 AM »
Nice report Touches.......congrats to T&T, both players and coaching. Keep building and working hard fellas.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 27, 2008, 08:23:12 AM »
doh mind Lionpaw and RF, after Jamaica was leading 2-0 dem was licking dey chops waitng tuh come back here and blast mankind!

Haul allyuh backside.

RF saying it is ah huge ting fuh we...but he forget how serious he say Jakans was taking dis game...and den why dem boo dem team last night?

lol

If I wanted to gloat I would have gloated here and in the chat room while the score was 2-0 at half time wouldnt I?
It was a game of two halves, once both teams started making the changes, its obviuos that the complexion of the game changed. Yes, you sent a young team void of your "select" players..and its a decent enough result for your young team...but its obvious that that team has alot of work to do, with our without the 4/5 players that didnt make this trip. Same too for Jamaica...leading at home comfiortably and dominating posession and chances created, and allowing a "fete match" (in your words) team to claw there way back is not going to cut it when the real deal begins in June.  

Now over to Jack Warner to make the return leg happen in T&T. Not sure if that will be feasible though

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 27, 2008, 08:25:51 AM »
Now over to Jack Warner to make the return leg happen in T&T. Not sure if that will be feasible though
If Jack smart he will get a stronger team for our Warriors to play
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 27, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »
Great insight Touches. Whether we play good or bad your review is always honest.

Is high time we get some new Jamaican posters on here who not so biased because some of us want to hear accurate accounts of what transpiring at games or in the NPL and JFF.

But these fellas watless except for the laughs they does draw when men sh*t them up. And it too late for them to have any credibility.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 27, 2008, 08:31:11 AM »
I left last nights game with Jamaica comfortably leading 2-0 early second half. Then I woke up this morning to see the final scoreline reading 2-2. Now I don't know what transpired in the second half...but it sounds as if the boyz either took their foot off the gas, or T&T somehow managed to find away to stop Jamaica's total dominance...or might be a combination of both.

Sounds like it was one of those games where the substitutions allowed the opposition back in the game.

Congrats Trinis...I know this is a HUGE result for you guys...and a decent sweat for the boyz too.

Ya know reggaefan believe it or not I was one of the posters that respected your comments  on this site because you actually made valid points on occasion and I can't hate on you for supporting your country  but it's painfully obvious that there isn't an impartial bone in your body.  With cynical comments like "I don't know what transpired in the second half...but it sounds as if the boyz either took their foot off the gas, or T&T somehow managed to find away to stop Jamaica's total dominance...or might be a combination of both.
Sounds like it was one of theose games where the substitutions allowed the opposition back in the game.
Congrats Trinis...I know this is a HUGE result for you guys...and a decent sweat for the boyz too."
I've been watching your comments so let me see Jamaica took their foot off the gas after leading 2-0 and allowed us back into the game by giving us a goal back correct and then they were so kind in the office in front of their huge anti soca warriors crowd that they gave us back another goal ....because they love us so much? Or perhaps Rene Simoes told them to relax second half correct ? Our young team could have easily folded after being down 2-0 at the half and rather than do that they chose to come out and fight and score two goals in the half and equalize the game and yet you come at us with that disrespectful tone ...you allowed us back into the game.....I love this game with a passion you will never know but i believe in fair play and credit....don't ever disrespect a genuine effort respect the game...Your cynicism is the low point on what was obviously a good match up..... a HUGE result and a decent sweat.....lol funny guy......if you're gonna be like that truth is you can keep your congratulations to yourself. I always give teams their due because effort and performance demands that kind of impartiality not trying to get back at a forumite who cuss ya. Respect the youths!

I left the game around the 60th minute mark...I thought it was going to be an easy victory for my team based on what transpired up to that point(I was wrong!). So, like I said, Jamaica either totally eased up, T&T totally took over, or more likely, a combination of both. I counted 2 missed chances and one save by williams in the first 10/15 mins of the first half...to go along with the string of saves/misses in teh first (and that one off-side effort by T&T).

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 27, 2008, 08:32:23 AM »

OK sir. I agree. Maybe we will be looking for a stronger team ourselves...maybe Haiti! I hear there is something in the works to bring them to the office.

truetrini

« Reply #983 on: March 27, 2008, 08:33:44 AM »
yuh see why man here does cuss yuh modder ass?

Yuh us ah damn liar.

I did warn you dat this is not little boy football is big man ball and if Jamaica eh ready allyuh shoulda call of de game.

Realizing dat we playing ah weak hearted Jamaica. we sent school boys and yet still allyuh shit down de fireld and couldnt pull off ah win in dat cow pasture.

steups
your posts have mre blubber dan ah sperm whale.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 27, 2008, 08:34:15 AM »

OK sir. I agree. Maybe we will be looking for a stronger team ourselves...maybe Haiti! I hear there is something in the works to bring them to the office.
should be a good game if it materialises...... right....good luck then

ya ent even mention that the JAMAICAN linesman tief us bad bad
and if that would have counted it would have been ole mas for allya Ragga Britz :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
man when I heard we had scored SO EARLY the first thing I imagined was the trol slinkin back into his hole ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:40:30 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 27, 2008, 08:34:40 AM »
bring back Wim,  Bring de goat back now!

Oh Yes ! and when we was asking what Wim was doing in T&T man was trying to defend him ...... What Wim do.... anyone,that Maturana has not exceeded in less than two months ?
Now you know that a fool and his money are soon parted and since warner doh leggo money so I wonder how much of Wim's package went to him ?
reminds me of Earnie and burt ..... two for you one for me , one for you three for me, none for you 4 for me .....look how much you have what you worried about ? Wim must have known he could not get a payday like that anywhere else , for doing nothing !..and Warner..well warner always finds a way to make a little more money...tickets anyone ?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 27, 2008, 08:35:18 AM »
Touches! unlike T&T playing teams your analysis of games is truly unbiased. Especially when Jamaica and T&T face off. ;) The only unbiased report that can be trusted is from an outsider with nothing to gain.

I realized this morning that the first 11 had the game totally under controll. And this "hit and hope" worked for a Reggae Boyz side with a few days of preparation that somewhat created an unbalance cohesion of play. When the football leagues end in May then both nations should have their full compliment of players better prepared.l

The first T&T goal should have been given T&T 1- JAM 0.
King's twirl and shoot goal was so cool that he accepted the applause from the spectators JAM 1-T&T 1.
Marshall's first goal was not half-side .

But as  local Caribbean derby with Jamaica still having the edge over T&T.

For the return leg in June Simones should be narrowing down places for his 22 players for qualifiers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:37:11 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

truetrini

« Reply #987 on: March 27, 2008, 08:36:03 AM »
why would Jamaica be looking for aNother team stronger than dem?  Suckers for licks?

eh eh  so try tuh improve by playing against T&T not every team dat is stronger than Jamaica...oh well I gues it cant hurt you playing against a stronger team dan yourselves.

Go for it.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 27, 2008, 08:36:52 AM »

Good post Ngozi- very well said.... in future though refrain from wasting so much energy on RF. I used to as well, and over time I learned better...If you read between the lines enough, you'd realize that he's somewhat of the village idiot (or should I say EEEDYAAT) on the msg board...just humor him because we embrace all kinds...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 27, 2008, 08:38:52 AM »

Ngozi....I used to feel de same way...until last year when we U-17 cut dey arse in de Orifice....dey way dem men carry on....dey is just nasty, stinking, dutty mind Jakans....
IT GOOD FUH DEM!!!.....ah eh know why dey doh hush up and go and lick dey wounds and leave we alone....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>