April 29, 2024, 09:24:00 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).  (Read 143958 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The unbiased evaluation thread - Jamaica vs T&T
« Reply #990 on: March 27, 2008, 08:39:53 AM »
RF you self...listening to a Jamaican commentator...could your team do anything wrong?

Breds There was one dangerous long ball that one of your fwds missed in the opening 5 min that was a blatant throwaway.

But everything else was dealt with comfortably by the TT back line or the keeper.

TT sat back and allowed Jamaica possession until they reached the half line...then with no support from the midfield, no playmaker and no option upfront...it was a long flank ball. If the fwd got it he would usually be closed down or he would pass it back and it would go out of play or posession regained by TT.

JA is lacking a playmaker of any sort, there were no thru balls, no nice visionary passes and no creative dribbles to open up space or draw players.

I know the era of Tappa and Andy Williams is over but you need players to feed King and Shelton....Shelton for a English based player with speed was very disappointing.

JA did not play football, it was a hit and hope...TT put the ball down and moved it around but were outmuscled on the field.

But RF if you saw the game you would agree that your team needs polish and that credit must be given to TT.

I counted about 3 misses by one shelton alone in the first half, and about 4 outstanding saves from the T&T goal-keeper...even so, it was still 2-0 at the half. Then the subs came in.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 27, 2008, 08:42:27 AM »
STALEMATE AT THE OFFICE  
Audley Boyd, Assistant Sports Editor

CAPTAIN AURTIS Whitely rifled a spectacular left-footed goal in the 90th minute to earn Trinidad and Tobago a 2-2 draw against the Reggae Boyz as the Caribbean heavyweighs clashed in a friendly international at the National Stadium last night.

Jamaica's Tyrone Marshall (right) scores the team's second goal against Trinidad and Tobago at the National Stadium last night. The match ended 2-2. - Ian Allen/Staff Photographer

Marlon King (34th) and Tyrone Marshall (40th) scored for Jamaica, while Osei Telesford (74th) and Whitely netted for the Trinidadians.

The Reggae Boyz were totally dominant with their foreign-based cast heavily numbered on the pitch and that level of superiority was mirrored in a 2-0 half-time lead.

But as technical director Rene Simoes rang the changes to create a heavy influx of local-based players in the second half, the balance shifted gradually, then decisively into the visitors' favour as they clawed their way back to a draw that left the crowd vexed, booing the team that had led comfortably until the 74th-minute.

Possession

After a rather nervous start by both sides, the more experienced Jamaicans started exuding a fair amount of composure to dominate possession and pick apart the Trinidadians with dominant midfield play from the skilful Demar Phillips, mixed with the pace of Omar Daley on the right flank which was instrumental in the opening goal.

Jamaica created the first scoring chance in the fifth minute with a nice movement engineered on the right when King lifted a pass over the fullback along the flank and Daley sped to the byline and delivered a pass to the back post. Luton Shelton could not get enough elevation for a comfortable header and nodded the ball over the goal.

Within three minutes, another right-sided movement utilising Daley's speed produced an open opportunity with a square to the other side of the goal for O'brian Woodbine, but the Reno midfielder's first touch spooned the chance to goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams.

The writing was on the wall and the Reggae Boyz duly launched into the lead in the 34th minute when Phillips played a lovely pass down the left side for King. The striker controlled perfectly with a defender Keyeno Thomas goal side and, in almost one movement, turned 90 degrees to face the goal side on. He then curled a beautiful shot, a real striker's goal, beyond the fully-stretched goalkeeper inside the far post to spark wild celebrations.

Second goal

Before they had settled, Tyrone Marshall had the fair-sized crowd on its feet bawling for goal again at the 36th minute following a short corner played to Rudolph Austin. He drifted between defenders then lifted a cross to the six-yard box. Shelton's off target header found Marshall unmarked, and he finished clinically, only for the goal to be waved offside.

With Jamaica maintaining the pressure, Marshall, the Jamaican captain in the absence of the injured Ricardo Gardner, scored for real four minutes later when he took a well-measured diagonal pass from Phillips behind the defence and kept a stride ahead of two defenders while bearing down on goal, before angling a shot across Williams into the side-netting on the far side of the goal.

Like Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago also had a goal disallowed - very marginal - for offside, one which also emanated from a set play.

In the 13th minute, a strike from Makan Hislop was waved off after the striker and central defender Keyeno Thomas raced in front of Jamaica goalie Donovan Ricketts to pick off Keno Daniel's curling left-footed free kick. The custodian blocked Thomas' shot but Hislop turned in the rebound only to have his celebration abbreviated by the linesman's flag.

Trinidadians react

That apart, the lesser experienced Trinidadians again reacted quickly to another Daniel free kick on the left, this one served up to the back post, but Marshall's intervention denied Randi Patterson a clear header.

They would almost concede an-other goal on the stroke of half-time when Phillips was fed a cheeky pass inside the penalty box, but he was called offside after he controlled and put the ball past Michael into the net.

Though Deon Burton, who replaced King at the break, fired an open chance wide of the far post, the local-based squaddies in the Jamaica side - six in total who were introduced during the second half - only served to highlight their inexperience and hurt their cause of winning a place in the team gearing towards World Cup qualification in June by dribbling too much to squander possession easily when passing options were rife.

Trinidad and Tobago, with a largely local-based team as well, took advantage by reducing the deficit when substitute Telesford was left free on the left side facing goal after the ball was nodded down by a cross, and he hit the ball past substitute goalie Duwayne Kerr.

Another substitute, Khaleem Hyland, missed agreat chance to equalise by firing wide but Aurtis, who took a ball headed out from defence, hit a spectacular shot to tie the game.

jjbrown

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Apart from certain Jamaican posters on this site
« Reply #992 on: March 27, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »
I can understand Rf and others who troll and flame here getting dey little cuss out but we sometimes take this into the ridiculous.

But is only those little fools who does get cuss out.
Who besides the trolls does get cuss?

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2-2...
« Reply #993 on: March 27, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
If I wanted to gloat I would have gloated here and in the chat room while the score was 2-0 at half time wouldnt I?

YUH 4 KING lie again.......If you leave the stadium after 60 mins and went home to logon to boast you would have seen the score was not 2-0 anymore. So you woulda never come here to boast...
Die hards never leave a game early win lose or draw... I repeat Die hards never leave a game early win lose or draw... And if by some miracle you had to leave a diehard would check the frigging score before he went to sleep...
So what you want us to believe is that you went pay yuh money leave after 60 mins went home and sleep and did not even listen or check somehow to find out what de final score was before yuh went to bed... RF... I have no respect for blatant 4KING liars like you...
As a man say I doh dislike you for supporting yuh team, but come better than that nuh...YUH LIE !!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:46:45 AM by samo »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 27, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »
Unbiased Here goes...

The game was a poor one, in quality and speed of play.

TT played in a 4-4-2 while Ja lined up in a 3-5-2.

Ja played the simoes game...knock around in the back amongst the three. From the time they arrived at the half the TT fwds moved to hustle the space the midfield..the back 4 and the 4 mids stepped up in a zone and JA played a predictable Long hoof ball to the flank.

If there was anything for the jamaicans to get excited about it was some scruffles in the mid of the park. Imagine the crowd going wild for some basic lil pull back beat, but TT doubled teamed certain players and JA were ineffective.

TT scored a LEGIT...LEGIT goal which was disallowed for who knows what. Had that goal stood the game would have changed dramatically.
A free kick was trapped and scrambled over the line with the attacking player skipping over the keeper...There was no offisde, the keeper was not touched, there was no interference...the referee and the linesman made a complete error and the commentators did not know what to say either. SImply that Ja dodged a bullet.

Now TT were playing sorfee in the 1st half...JA won most of the air balls and the challenges...The lil wing back..the 16 yr old was being exploited by the long ball...he was either too slow to cover the space or he was outmuscled...However he did not make any mistakes and this is a good learning experience...but he was singled out as the weak link and they were running him down.

Marlon King scored a class class goal...top notch, but it could have been avoided. Both defenders closing him down had the opportunity to clear the ball, they clashed, one retreated to cover and King "pongs" off the other defender..turn and hit a wonderful strike. EXCELLENT Goal.

TT played the offside trap but JA scored a goal that looked good. The commentators said it was even but JA did not dominate us for any period.

The second goal came with Marshall running down the flank, it looked like the youthman was on him but he was out pongs...Keon Daniel also tried to get a foot in but he get pong orf too. Then Marshall placed the ball far post past Jan Michael.

I must say that Jamaica with their plethora of stars looked poor. They did not string any passes together, their team had no chemistry, no cohesion, some of their big pros cannot trap or pass a ball and this "Skill" that our JA posters so like to say they possess was not evident. Marlon King is the only player who has a clue.

In the second half TT came out to play ball...we started in the end of the 1st half to put the ball on the ground and spread it around but the second half was a running passing game that JA had trouble dealing with. That said any chance we had was snuffed out by the JA defence as Roberts, Patterson and the rest all came under heavy challenges and were "pongs" off.

Football is a physical game and only Keyno Thomas, Hislop and Whitley dealt with it and handled their scene.

Now Telesford came on in the midfield and looked totally lost....He scored a goal..and a good one too...but the fella touch off, he give away the ball right tru...he bad pass...he hit a man a cap on the line....but he ent look up to std with the rest of players on the field.

Gay came on and try a thing...we scored the second from Whitley going into a challenge..shifting two men. Firing a shot that the referee skip and BOOM Goal...a real good goal...a proper purgers to silence the crowd.

TT nearly won it in the end a number 8 was in the box and he fired high over bar.

As I said vs El salvador...we will not do too bad, we stuck to our plan, played to our limitations and these youngsters put on a good showing. They playing to instructions and with time will only get better. We need for them to go away and bulk up.

As for JA they have plenty work to do. They have to learn to keep the ball..make passes and create space. Hoofing the ball long and relying on the physical prowess of your wingers and fwds will not cut it...they will be found out.

Even if we lost yesterday I found we played decent and it is a good sign...Maturana is a good fit for us and he working well with the players.

Touches I downloading the game right now from Small Mag but as always your reports are gospel appreciate it I wanna ask you soemthing though because I always was concerned about this...In my mind no 16 yr old gonna deal with me as a player so i was always concerned with him coming up against King in your opinion do you think he is ready because in all upcoming games theyre gonna be physical with him screen him and take it to him at pace....can he handle it....unbiased facts needed

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 27, 2008, 08:45:44 AM »
Then the subs came in.
Sorry MidKnight,
 I got carried away
my apologises to the Forum
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:28:36 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 27, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »
If I wanted to gloat I would have gloated here and in the chat room while the score was 2-0 at half time wouldnt I?
YUH 4 KING lie again.......If you leave the stadium after 60 mins and went home to logon to boast you would have seen the score was not 2-0 anymore. So you woulda never come here to boast...
Die hards never leave a game early win lose or draw... I repeat Die hards never leave a game early win lose or draw... And if by some miracle you had to leave a diehard would check the frigging score before he went to sleep...
So what you want us to believe is that you went pay yuh money leave after 60 mins went home and sleep and did not even listen or check somehow to find out what de final score was before yuh went to bed... RF... I have no respect for blatant 4KING liars like you...
As a man say I doh dislike you for supporting yuh team, but come better than that nuh...YUH LIE !!
Samo good one :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 27, 2008, 08:49:25 AM »

If he could lie ,from midknight tread  :rotfl:

I'm going to be honest with you guys, and I know I might get some pounding for saying this, but here goes.
Now I didnt see the game, but I listened the entire first half and the first 10 minutes or so of the second half.  I pretty much thought the game was over as a contest when the first half came to an end.
RF

he wasnt at no game steuppss

truetrini

« Reply #998 on: March 27, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »
come on now, some here hate jamaicans jes because dey born in Jamaica.

I love tuh give dem licks too...but sometimes....it real dotish

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 27, 2008, 08:53:44 AM »
Why is there os much hatred of Jamaicans?

Sporting and particular football rivalries, why do some feel the need to cuss out Jamaicans all the time?

I can understand Rf and others who troll and flame here getting dey little cuss out but we sometimes take this into the ridiculous.

Only a few people iz cuss out RF, LP and JA2099.... I think for the most part we humor them and indulge in a little rivalrous exchange. End of day Jamaica is poor knock off immitation of Trinidad and I think we treat them accordingly  ;D....jokin'  Personally I like meh reggae & jerk chicken and I have family from Jamaica so I cool with our little sisters up north and I'm sure many others on the board are too...iz just a small minority that set a bad tone IMO.

Small Islanders always beefing with their big brothers from up north...and for the most part, the other islands are perhaps fed-up of having to live in the shadow of their bigger brother.  The rivalry is a little more intense between Jakans and Trinis...who are tired of being second fiddle to Jamaicans.

We Jamaicans are not afraid to tell it like it is. We produce beauty Queens, world class Sportsmen, Gnagstas, and beautiful beaches. Our culture and music is embraced in almost every country on the face of this earth. You find alot who absolutely love us (the majority), those who absolutely hate us (most on this board), and others who have mixed reactions to us.

Its llike Canadians and Americans.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:56:24 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 27, 2008, 08:53:57 AM »
I'm going to be honest with you guys, and I know I might get some pounding for saying this, but here goes.
Now I didnt see the game, but I listened the entire first half and the first 10 minutes or so of the second half.  I pretty much thought the game was over as a contest when the first half came to an end.
RF

he wasnt at no game steuppss

See dat... next lie again...ah feel he lie and doh even like friggin reggae.. Just now he will say,  to be honest with you guys, and I know I might get some pounding for saying this, but here goes. I really like soca and hate that dumb reggae

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 27, 2008, 08:55:05 AM »
Now over to Jack Warner to make the return leg happen in T&T. Not sure if that will be feasible though

Fan, one thing I have to tip my hat to you for, is the way you
can mek Trini rise up an start to cuss.

Fete match draw, end of story!!!

I went onto your daily fish wrap online, the Daily Cleaner, to see
if I could read anywhere about last night's attendance. No mention.
Has that been mentioned anywhere?

Now I see you have mentioned a return leg in D Crawfie, but you're
'not sure if that will be feasible'.

When you say 'feasible', what exactly are you talking about?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 27, 2008, 08:56:53 AM »
Audley Boyd, Assistant Sports Editor
Thursday, March 27, 2008
STALEMATE AT THE OFFICE

CAPTAIN AURTIS Whitely rifled a spectacular left-footed goal in the 90th minute to earn Trinidad and Tobago a 2-2 draw against the Reggae Boyz as the Caribbean heavyweighs clashed in a friendly international at the National Stadium last night.

Marlon King (34th) and Tyrone Marshall (40th) scored for Jamaica, while Osei Telesford (74th) and Whitely netted for the Trinidadians.

The Reggae Boyz were totally dominant with their foreign-based cast heavily numbered on the pitch and that level of superiority was mirrored in a 2-0 half-time lead.

But as technical director Rene Simoes rang the changes to create a heavy influx of local-based players in the second half, the balance shifted gradually, then decisively into the visitors' favour as they clawed their way back to a draw that left the crowd vexed, booing the team that had led comfortably until the 74th-minute.

Possession

After a rather nervous start by both sides, the more experienced Jamaicans started exuding a fair amount of composure to dominate possession and pick apart the Trinidadians with dominant midfield play from the skilful Demar Phillips, mixed with the pace of Omar Daley on the right flank which was instrumental in the opening goal.

Jamaica created the first scoring chance in the fifth minute with a nice movement engineered on the right when King lifted a pass over the fullback along the flank and Daley sped to the byline and delivered a pass to the back post. Luton Shelton could not get enough elevation for a comfortable header and nodded the ball over the goal.

Within three minutes, another right-sided movement utilising Daley's speed produced an open opportunity with a square to the other side of the goal for O'brian Woodbine, but the Reno midfielder's first touch spooned the chance to goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams.

The writing was on the wall and the Reggae Boyz duly launched into the lead in the 34th minute when Phillips played a lovely pass down the left side for King. The striker controlled perfectly with a defender Keyeno Thomas goal side and, in almost one movement, turned 90 degrees to face the goal side on. He then curled a beautiful shot, a real striker's goal, beyond the fully-stretched goalkeeper inside the far post to spark wild celebrations.

Second goal

Before they had settled, Tyrone Marshall had the fair-sized crowd on its feet bawling for goal again at the 36th minute following a short corner played to Rudolph Austin. He drifted between defenders then lifted a cross to the six-yard box. Shelton's off target header found Marshall unmarked, and he finished clinically, only for the goal to be waved offside.

With Jamaica maintaining the pressure, Marshall, the Jamaican captain in the absence of the injured Ricardo Gardner, scored for real four minutes later when he took a well-measured diagonal pass from Phillips behind the defence and kept a stride ahead of two defenders while bearing down on goal, before angling a shot across Williams into the side-netting on the far side of the goal.

Like Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago also had a goal disallowed - very marginal - for offside, one which also emanated from a set play.

In the 13th minute, a strike from Makan Hislop was waved off after the striker and central defender Keyeno Thomas raced in front of Jamaica goalie Donovan Ricketts to pick off Keno Daniel's curling left-footed free kick. The custodian blocked Thomas' shot but Hislop turned in the rebound only to have his celebration abbreviated by the linesman's flag.

Trinidadians react

That apart, the lesser experienced Trinidadians again reacted quickly to another Daniel free kick on the left, this one served up to the back post, but Marshall's intervention denied Randi Patterson a clear header.

They would almost concede an-other goal on the stroke of half-time when Phillips was fed a cheeky pass inside the penalty box, but he was called offside after he controlled and put the ball past Michael into the net.

Though Deon Burton, who replaced King at the break, fired an open chance wide of the far post, the local-based squaddies in the Jamaica side - six in total who were introduced during the second half - only served to highlight their inexperience and hurt their cause of winning a place in the team gearing towards World Cup qualification in June by dribbling too much to squander possession easily when passing options were rife

Trinidad and Tobago, with a largely local-based team as well, took advantage by reducing the deficit when substitute Telesford was left free on the left side facing goal after the ball was nodded down by a cross, and he hit the ball past substitute goalie Duwayne Kerr.

Another substitute, Khaleem Hyland, missed agreat chance to equalise by firing wide but Aurtis, who took a ball headed out from defence, hit a spectacular shot to tie the game.

jjbrown

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 27, 2008, 08:57:19 AM »
Gangstas
what about the HATRED allya have for your OWN citizens who are different.
Songs that call for their DEATHS

if allya PROUD of that, allya more screwed up than I thought.

http://action.web.ca/home/lgbt/databank.shtml?x=105644&AA_EX_Session=1d21392405c066db210f9139808e3438
http://asiapacific.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR380022007?open&of=ENG-JAM
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:03:28 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:18 AM »
Unless Jamaicans are GOD they cannot make a beach RF. And as for  beauty queens allyuh not close to T&T league and yuh know dat is a FACT.

But I'll give credit where credit is due, Jamiacan gangsters have given black people a bad name all over the globe.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:54 AM »
Why is there os much hatred of Jamaicans?

Sporting and particular football rivalries, why do some feel the need to cuss out Jamaicans all the time?

Only a few people iz cuss out RF, LP and JA2099.... I think for the most part we humor them and indulge in a little rivalrous exchange. End of day Jamaica is poor knock off immitation of Trinidad and I think we treat them accordingly  ;D....jokin'  Personally I like meh reggae & jerk chicken and I have family from Jamaica so I cool with our little sisters up north and I'm sure many others on the board are too...iz just a small minority that set a bad tone IMO.

Small Islanders always beefing with their big brothers from up north...and for the most part, the other islands are perhaps fed-up of having to live in the shadow of their bigger brother.  The rivalry is a little more intense between Jakans and Trinis...who are tired of being second fiddle to Jamaicans.

We Jamaicans are not afraid to tell it like it is. We produce beauty Queens, world class Sportsmen,Gnagstas, and beautiful beaches. Our culture and music is embraced in almost every country on the face of this earth. You find alot who absolutely love us (the majority), those who absolutely hate us (most on this board), and others who have mixed reactions to us.

Its llike Canadians and Americans.

What's a Gnagsta?  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1006 on: March 27, 2008, 09:00:45 AM »
What is de meaning of Gnagsta?

truetrini

« Reply #1007 on: March 27, 2008, 09:01:15 AM »
listen doh talk about beauty queens nah...steups

allyuh does have ah few good looking i=ones inbetween ah setta ah hard and hairy ones.

I wouldnt be surprised tuh see some ah dem "beauty queens" yuh talking about, bare back with ah bag ah cement on dey shoulder wukking on de foreshore in Port of Spain...we always looking fuh construction labourers.  :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl:

yuh know ah joking RF

oh and ah Gnagsta fuh does who eh know it is ah fella who like tuh eat he own snat!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 27, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »
Then the subs came in.
Man you is an ass or a marble for TODAY ;)

you telling us that the Coach sabotaged allya chances by the subs he did?
man HAUL YA ARMEN here eh
he should be FIRED if you truly believe that.......

you must be red and blue...as you is a REAL Maroon

sorry I meant to say MORON :devil: :devil:

Not at all, but when you take off your best player on the field at half time...you obviously have other things in mind.

Listen...I done extend congrats to T&T ballas...and done acknowledged that Jamaica played a poor second half....not sure what else you want from me brother.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 27, 2008, 09:05:32 AM »
there will always be a lill rivalry and jealosy.

Lets face it, Ja is more well known than us.
But T&T has cheieved a lot as well, so much so that jamaicans see us as somewhat of a threat.
I really  like the sportsmax piece that analyzes T&T vs Ja and who is superior in all facets of life.

I think it was spot on talking about sports, music, culture etc etc.

But the beauty queens dept - You guys have won 3 miss world, but Audley Boyd didnt give us credit for the miss world and 2 miss universes we have won, plus the now almost yearly top 5 or 10 finishes in the last 5 years. I didnt agree with giving Ja the edge on that category.

For the most part, the rivalry is pretty healthy a and interesting, but there will always be extremists and assholes on both sides, but these are the minority.

Allyuh must not take on RF, he is smarter than he appears  :rotfl:

For instance, he knows very well that the 6-1 beating that Ja put on TT "all stars" was not a true international friendly, he admitted this on a few occasions, yet he still throws in this piece every now and then that causes a reaction...

But the rivalry is a big part of what makes topics so interesting on the forum.

talking about RF, I find it interesting that for all the hype leading up to this game, you fell asleep and missed the second half...

Were T&T being overun that badly?  ;D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Match report from a specator(Jakan) in the stadium for the game
« Reply #1010 on: March 27, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »
At half time, most people around me thought the Trinis were going to pick up a 6-0 by the final whistle. That was how Jamaica had run rings around this weak T&T delegation. Yes, T&T had a goal disallowed under strange circumstances, and who knows what would have happened had it been allowed to stand, but certainly, for most of the game, including the last 20 minutes, it was all Jamaica. Trinidad did have some good moments, and their number 10 was a handful for our defenders. Substitute Telford gave them some life and a goal.

The Trinis had no answer for the blinding speed of Shelton, Daley, Phillips and Woodbine, in particular. Had it not been for some poor crossing, some selfish and unintelligent play by some of our players and desperate T&T defending, it could have been 4-1 at halftime. Easy!

Luton did not make a mistake with his first touch, a vast improvement. His passing decisions still need some work.

The goal from King was sheer master class – control, spin, curling shot to the far corner. Worldclass! Held up the ball well and got his teammates into the game.

Phillips was his usual excited self, working well with Woodbine on the left. A sizzling shot from open field that came within inches from the crossbar in the second half was his best moment.

Oneil Thompson was decent in midfield, showing off some unusual skill from time to time. His clumsy challenge on top of the 18 gave away a freekick that I do believe led to the first Trini goal.

Austin was okay in midfield, not his usual dominating self, and misfired on some of his passes. Did not have an opportunity to unleash that cannon ball.

Omar Daley was his usual lively self in midfield, overlapping well and supplying decent crosses from time to time.

Demar Stewart did not inspire confidence in defence. Many thought it was his fault why T&T appeared dangerous in attack as he lost his opponents on a regular basis.

Adrian Reid also appeared a little out of sorts. A comical moment was when he and Stewart simultaneously went for and misjudged a high T&T clearance, almost resulting in a T&T player running unchallenged to goal.

Marshall was his usual solid self. He just might be our leading goalscorer this campaign.

Shrek really had little to do in goal. He cannot be blamed for the two Trini goals and his distribution was calm and sensible all night.

Then there were the changes – off went King for Burton, Thompson for Khari, Daley for Cousins (PMU), Shelton for James Thomas (PMU) and Phillips for Wolfe (PMU). Burton continues to display his absolutely amazing first touch and missed the upright by a foot or so. He holds up the ball well, supports the play, passes to his teammates, but he continues to get a cussing from the fans. I wonder what would have happened had he scored. Khari was solid in midfield, Thomas didn’t get the ball very much and I can’t remember Wolfe’s contribution. I do remember the contribution of Cousins, however, and it was not pretty. What should have been a simple cross into the area from the right channel was turned into some seal-like crap, resulting in a turnover to the Trinis. Then he attempts a spectacular clearance on top of his own 18, missed, fell on his ass as some Trini capitalizes and hits a saveable but deflected shot that ties the score.

I thought the defence appeared bumbling, making up for errors by their raw speed and strength. Then again, how hard is it to push a Trini off a ball?! Midfield was particularly lively, with Red Bull-like energy from Phillips, Austin, Daley and Cousins (hrmph!). Forward line was busy too, but I am not happy with the communication between King and Shelton. I would certainly give it some time to develop, however. For me, Fuller was not missed!

Find of the game – Obrian Woodbine. I recall this young man terrorizing a Munro daCosta Cup team two years ago while playing for Frome. Good to see him develop. He looked comfortable out there and another speed king.

Saw Gardner in the stands. Good to see him walking around comfortably after reports about bruised ribs.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2008, 09:07:53 AM »
Listen...I done extend congrats to T&T ballas...and done acknowledged that Jamaica played a poor second half....not sure what else you want from me brother.
OK cool, but it is all the frivolous stuff ya did bring before that acknowledgement
unlike ya pardna Leroy

Now Leroy is a CLASS act
try and emulate him next time nuh
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:27:58 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Match report from a specator(Jakan) in the stadium for the game
« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2008, 09:09:08 AM »
 I ent even wasting my time reading your drivel
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you like ah 2007 road march choon in 2008
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:12:51 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »
great goal by king, i still believe he was offside initially. team chemistry and technical ability on both sides was very poor. too many errant passes under no pressure and  very poor composure on the ball. tnt settled down in the 2nd half and  strung a few more passes togther. while the ja frontline tried to be john rambo the one man army i remember a 3 on 2 break 4 ja and the man shoot from way out :o greediness squared .

think we can really keep working with this team

and i disagree with yuh touches  re teleford. he made some errant passes  yes but i think he gave tnt dominance in the middle of the park and showed good composure

and i must commend RF cause that sounds like ah genuine response
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2008, 09:14:11 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Of course you wont read it...perhaps because it contains the stuff you dont really want to hear  ;)

by the way, saw the USA vs Poland game yesterday. all I can say is WOW. USA looking like the intend to challenge for the cup come 2010.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 27, 2008, 09:17:09 AM »

Of course you wont read it...perhaps because it contains the stuff you dont really want to hear  ;)
oh gaum
stop nuh
aye allya tell him to stop.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes the USA looking good
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 27, 2008, 09:17:09 AM »

You beyond hope. Jamaica play a poor second half because T&T forced the play. For years now the old heads on this forum been saying you not here because of  football but because of hatred. I now seeing that that with crystal clarity. And yuh comrade Lionpaw is just another carbon-copy hater.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 27, 2008, 09:18:25 AM »
talking about RF, I find it interesting that for all the hype leading up to this game, you fell asleep and missed the second half...
Were T&T being overun that badly?  ;D

Trini, I was in and out of the game..I didnt even catch the 2 goals Jamaica scored in the first half.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #1018 on: March 27, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »
Then the subs came in.
Man you is an ass or a marble for TODAY ;)

you telling us that the Coach sabotaged allya chances by the subs he did?
man HAUL YA ARMEN here eh
he should be FIRED if you truly believe that.......

you must be red and blue...as you is a REAL Maroon

sorry I meant to say MORON :devil: :devil:

Not at all, but when you take off your best player on the field at half time...you obviously have other things in mind.

Now I didnt see the game, but I listened the entire first half and the first 10 minutes or so of the second half.  

why is RF still talking???

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 27, 2008, 09:19:28 AM »
dont u mean 1st half report ???

ppl get tied up with the USA  yeah i like them to lose but if they werent in that hard group last WC who knows, who knows
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

1]; } ?>