March 28, 2024, 07:58:26 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).  (Read 141858 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).
« Reply #900 on: March 26, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »
As much as I want to insult the Yardies, I have to say... Well done young warriors. I knew Osei was having a hard time before Jamrock... and I am glad to see my boy Whitley doing his thing....

Keep pressing on young warriors, the seniors will be back soon...

Soon Zeppo, Sanchez and company will be looking over dey shoulder, we'll be unstoppable...
 :salute: :salute: :salute:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:13:49 PM by forever trini »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 26, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »

Yuh giving yuh countrymen a bad name. At least say good game nah. Yuh watch the game. It was useful excercise for Jamaica?
Travelling thousands of miles on an airplane and preparing to play a football match in less than 4 days and scoring 2 goals.

I agree it was a good exercise for the hard travelling Jamaican Reggae Boyz against a prepared T&T team. 

Well Jamica was impressive. But in your opinion  did Trinidad play well?
They did and and held their own. As expected whenever both teams play each other.

But my advice to T&T. Don't play this same team against the Reggae Boyz in the return leg. If you do they won't be able to come back from 2 goals down with a month long prepared Reggae Boyz team. And dead-ball freekicks won't always present themselves.  
jjbrown

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #902 on: March 26, 2008, 10:17:30 PM »
what de hell does the name 2099 mean anyways?
Is it the next time Jamrock goes to the WC or
is it when Jamrock will become a developed country or
is it de murder rate of jamrock in a year? 
pick all nuh ;D
Actually it's the year I plan to copy the plans of the Trini & Guyanese terrorists that planned last year to blow up an American airport.

That stale like a ole coehlo bread.

Yuh giving yuh countrymen a bad name. At least say good game nah. Yuh watch the game. It was useful excercise for Jamaica?
Travelling thousands of miles on an airplane and preparing to play a football match in less than 4 days and scoring 2 goals.

I agree it was a good exercise for the hard travelling Jamaican Reggae Boyz against a prepared T&T team. 

You is ah pure bred c@nt ..now prove meh right and continue tuh post!!!! 
Why not. Since you prove my point about certain remarks that would be made by some Trinis.

Yuh think is by coincidence yuh have not one f@cking thing tuh say bout all yuh 'big english imports' and their performance against we E team ? Before de game you and yuh girlfrens posting one setta ignorance. Wey all yuh now ? All you cud talk bout is 'Trini and Guyanese planning tuh blow up de airport ''...stale news,yuh have nuttin tuh say  bout yuh Britz ? Yuh in SHOCK !!!! .Look at yuh now. yuh must be sapping yuh f@cking head wid some limacol  :devil:  Me eh want yuh tuh admit we come to sorry ass Jamaica and play more ball than all yuh pros, I want yuh tuh stay in yuh pig headed ways and suffer in yuh denial,just so ah cud continue tuh f@ck yuh up every time yuh talk yuh jackassness bout Jamaica football... :bringiton: :bringiton:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:23:48 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #903 on: March 26, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »
Hyland  look much better in the 2nd half. Nice fight, vision and skill to boot.  Edwards come on and had a very good shift. I still find Otis to subdued.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 26, 2008, 10:26:39 PM »
I listen to that entire radio broadcast and the impression i get from them biased commentators is that Jamaica run us into the ground in the first half, and then the second half was equal but subdued then we sucker punch them with 2 goals..

Now to hear the real accounts that we were impressive throughout the game??

And with we 'F' team??

Nah boy jamrock if I was allyuh I would be shame.. After all that old talk and in allyuh hoffice, we still draw with allyuh?? Even a 2-0 defeat with this side wouldve been creditable!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 26, 2008, 10:29:08 PM »
pick all nuh ;D
Actually it's the year I plan to copy the plans of the Trini & Guyanese terrorists that planned last year to blow up an American airport.
the way you twist things around, I feel you you learned to speak english from this site
http://www.animatedknots.com/indexscouting.php
I LOVE Cartoons. Especially Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and the Loony Toons. Also X-MEN, Justice League etc.  

jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #906 on: March 26, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
Apart from the fact that Osei scored a goal he was very disappointing.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #907 on: March 26, 2008, 10:32:08 PM »
If yuh see d goal Otis score.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 26, 2008, 10:33:27 PM »
I listen to that entire radio broadcast and the impression i get from them biased commentators is that Jamaica run us into the ground in the first half, and then the second half was equal but subdued then we sucker punch them with 2 goals..

And with we 'F' team??

Nah boy jamrock if I was allyuh I would be shame.. After all that old talk and in allyuh hoffice, we still draw with allyuh?? Even a 2-0 defeat with this side wouldve been creditable!
Sucker punch indeed. ::)

A free kick and a deflected goal. And Jamaica still unbeaten at "The Office" since 2000 by T&T.

So who will still be given the edge in the return leg in June?
jjbrown

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 26, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »
pick all nuh ;D
the way you twist things around, I feel you you learned to speak english from this site
http://www.animatedknots.com/indexscouting.php
I LOVE Cartoons. Especially Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and the Loony Toons. Also X-MEN, Justice League etc.   

Oh shit we make the man revert back to childhood oui  :rotfl:

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 26, 2008, 10:38:07 PM »
ye Aurtis Goal was wet

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 26, 2008, 10:42:45 PM »

And with we 'F' team??

Sucker punch indeed. ::)

A free kick and a deflected goal. And Jamaica still unbeaten at "The Office" since 2000 by T&T.

So who will still be given the edge in the return leg in June?

Asshole if this was a competitive 2 legged fixture, do you understand just how poor a 2-2 result is at your home ground irregardless of the fact that we fielded our G team??

Do you understand the concept of the 'away goals rule'??

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 26, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »
Okay! Just finished watching the match.

I honestly have to say that T&T got 1 lucky goal through Jamaican complacency. And as derby matches go. Heh!

But if the overseas Reggae Boyz can travell thousand of miles and play the way they did without getting complacent then the return leg in T&T will be a cakewalk.

jjbrown

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 26, 2008, 10:46:40 PM »
2 legged fixture? I thought it was an International Friendly? what shite this boy talking bout???

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 26, 2008, 10:50:12 PM »
Went out and wasn't able to listen to the 2nd half- was a little surprised but not at all shocked that we pulled it back... Based on the commentary it sounded like we had to weather a storm in the first 15 mins, and then we found our feet and established a rhythm.....The goals that we conceded appeared to come at a time when we were actually settled into the game......the office will always be a tough place to get a win, but I saw the JA game against CR, and as I posted before- that side is no side to fear.... good coaching and our full roster, and there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to get at least 4 out of 6 points in a home and away.....

Good result T&T....Congrats Francisco!!!!! Doh wanna goat mouth the man, but ah getting a real good vibes from the coach & his staff....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 26, 2008, 10:51:54 PM »
didnt see the whole game..mainly the 2nd half..

lookin for the lineup in this thread is too much headache...
anyone got the starting team....
some players i didnt know at all...
and seein Telesford in d mdidle was a tief head

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 26, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »
Jan-Michael Williams, 5.Keyeno Thomas, 2.Kern Cupid, Makan Hislop, 15.Akeem Adams, 9.Aurtis Whitley (capt), 19.Keon Daniel, 6.Khaleem Hyland, 8.Kerry Baptiste, 10.Darryl Roberts, 11.Randi Patterson.

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 26, 2008, 11:01:56 PM »
i'm so happy that tnt came back and win de game. it that 's the full JA squad. they have problem in the year to come. trinidad would get better if they play stronger teams in de future and i think their talent will show around de world.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 26, 2008, 11:07:18 PM »
NICE NICE NICE young warriors!
Ah just take a hour to read from page 14 to page 30.
That Jamaican team is nothing.
Same old story.
We draw them with none of our top 3 attackers present and the teenagers handlin they scenes nicely.

Ah want us to play more South and Central American teams.
Pacho ah hope yuh linkin us up with a friendly vs Colombia.

Again well done T&T!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #919 on: March 26, 2008, 11:24:14 PM »
i listen the game and the way the commentors was gettin on yuh swear Trinidad was gettin run over which so far from the truth edwards,daniel,hislop and hyland really stepped up.what i am most surprised at is how all yuh unbeaten at home the crowd not intimidating players just free to play football
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 27, 2008, 12:43:11 AM »

Well Jamica was impressive. But in your opinion  did Trinidad play well?
They did and and held their own. As expected whenever both teams play each other.

But my advice to T&T. Don't play this same team against the Reggae Boyz in the return leg. If you do they won't be able to come back from 2 goals down with a month long prepared Reggae Boyz team. And dead-ball freekicks won't always present themselves. 

See that was not so hard.

Anyway can't wait to see the game, sounds like the crowd in the stadium were treated to a real nice display of football by both teams.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #921 on: March 27, 2008, 12:50:26 AM »
wasnt impressed... we made way too many mistakes... were lucky to come away with the draw... but say wuh, the two players that made the least amount of mistakes and showed most intent (aurtis and telesford) were the ones that came through.

Roberts wasnt bad either... Jan had his moments in goal but could be better... the defense was in shambles too often... daniels was good at times, but i found he let up on the intensity of his game.

all i could say about jamaica is a small note on one of the sports max commentators... well...

we thought ruskin mark was bad, this man had the personality, pizazz and variation of a dial tone, i think i've heard TI speak less redundant bullshit than this moron.

people name their children interesting shit these days, it's a shame they didnt name him Monotone.

yuh know the kinda guy that talks only about his countries team and their mediocre players with jokes of fiercly competing mediocrity, of which he himself feels obligated to laugh at.

and dont look tuh cuss meh yardies cuz our teams mediocre play was at just as high a level if not way higher.

my god.

well thanks sports max for your shit coverage.

i'll be hoping for a team that plays with more enthusiasm and less mistakes come next time.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 27, 2008, 12:51:59 AM »
Went out and wasn't able to listen to the 2nd half- was a little surprised but not at all shocked that we pulled it back... Based on the commentary it sounded like we had to weather a storm in the first 15 mins, and then we found our feet and established a rhythm.....The goals that we conceded appeared to come at a time when we were actually settled into the game......the office will always be a tough place to get a win, but I saw the JA game against CR, and as I posted before- that side is no side to fear.... good coaching and our full roster, and there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to get at least 4 out of 6 points in a home and away.....

Good result T&T....Congrats Francisco!!!!! Doh wanna goat mouth the man, but ah getting a real good vibes from the coach & his staff....

Is the employers & work contract I worried bout, dem couldn't find deyself to pay other employees with money them emplees generate for dem, how dey go fool anybody for 3 + years is beyond me....oh ah forget, they fool we (& we goverment)  & Fifa longer than dat....we mite get thru yes

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 27, 2008, 01:05:57 AM »
Ah wonder wha Whim think of all Pancho's Selections now?

(Some of allyuh still calling de man Pacho - Pancho is short for Francisco in Spanish jes like we say Bob short for Robert.)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2-2...
« Reply #924 on: March 27, 2008, 01:58:17 AM »
I left last nights game with Jamaica comfortably leading 2-0 early second half. Then I woke up this morning to see the final scoreline reading 2-2. Now I dont know what transpired in the second half...but it sounds as if the boyz either took their foot off tha gas, or T&T somehow managed to find away to stop Jamaica's total dominance...or might be a combination of both.

Sounds like it was one of theose games where the substitutions allowed the opposition back in the game.

Congrats Trinis...I know this is a HUGE result for you guys...and a decent sweat for the boyz too.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 27, 2008, 02:09:33 AM »
wasnt impressed... we made way too many mistakes... were lucky to come away with the draw... but say wuh, the two players that made the least amount of mistakes and showed most intent (aurtis and telesford) were the ones that came through.

Roberts wasnt bad either... Jan had his moments in goal but could be better... the defense was in shambles too often... daniels was good at times, but i found he let up on the intensity of his game.

all i could say about jamaica is a small note on one of the sports max commentators... well...

we thought ruskin mark was bad, this man had the personality, pizazz and variation of a dial tone, i think i've heard TI speak less redundant bullshit than this moron.

people name their children interesting shit these days, it's a shame they didnt name him Monotone.

yuh know the kinda guy that talks only about his countries team and their mediocre players with jokes of fiercly competing mediocrity, of which he himself feels obligated to laugh at.

and dont look tuh cuss meh yardies cuz our teams mediocre play was at just as high a level if not way higher.

my god.

well thanks sports max for your shit coverage.

i'll be hoping for a team that plays with more enthusiasm and less mistakes come next time.

Jefferz, on a whole, the majority of commentators I have listened to in both Jamaica and Trinidad seem to commentate only for the locals. There are a few out there that keep it balanced, Hugh croskill, Lance Whitakker etc...but the majority of these men commentate for the local fans....in pretty much the same way some of the US commentators show a bias for their American sides...and you really cant blame them much for that, they are catering to their audience. I listened to a game on a T&T online station recently, i believe it was T&T vs El Salvador. Not once did the commentator mention the name of the El Slavador players during teh whole time I was listening...I also find the commentator for last nights game to be very "excitable"...but as a Jamaican, It adds to to the atmosphere i suppose.  ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: 2-2...
« Reply #926 on: March 27, 2008, 02:23:26 AM »
ICongrats Trinis...I know this is a HUGE result for you guys...and a decent sweat for the boyz too.

You might FEEL you know that but to T&T fans.....a 2-2 tie against jamaica in jamaca using a 16 year old and an 18 year old in amongst an average age squad of 21 was about what we would expect.

Even without Brazilian training camps and a plethora of Euro / British based players, our kiddie squad just about fulfilled expectations.

Hopefully our Federation can get their act together soon with at least a training camp in tobago or something and move on to playing tougher opposition.  Playing down to the level of inferior oppposition such as the reggae boyz doesn't do us any good other than getting a work out.  Even St Vincent would have been a tougher game.

That said, I'm sure our kiddies enjoyed the lil sweat and the opportunity to practice coming back to get a result which was apparently coach Maturana's plan all along.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 27, 2008, 02:25:20 AM »
So your thoughts on the game RF? What happened to JA in the 2nd half? Any young standouts for Jamaica?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2-2...
« Reply #928 on: March 27, 2008, 02:45:40 AM »
Oh geez. I just go and ask the man his impression of the game and look what he post here. Steups.

We had a 16 year old and 2 18 year olds on the pitch.

So yes it was a HUGE result for our PFL U-23 squad to overcome a 2-0 defecit to tie with your bomb squad  :devil:

And the way the boyz were huffing and blowing after the game, the "sweat" was more "decent"  than they bargained for.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:49:46 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 27, 2008, 04:53:36 AM »
Jefferz, on a whole, the majority of commentators I have listened to in both Jamaica and Trinidad seem to commentate only for the locals. There are a few out there that keep it balanced, Hugh croskill, Lance Whitakker etc...but the majority of these men commentate for the local fans....in pretty much the same way some of the US commentators show a bias for their American sides...and you really cant blame them much for that, they are catering to their audience. I listened to a game on a T&T online station recently, i believe it was T&T vs El Salvador. Not once did the commentator mention the name of the El Slavador players during teh whole time I was listening...I also find the commentator for last nights game to be very "excitable"...but as a Jamaican, It adds to to the atmosphere i suppose.  ;D

Come nah RF, stop quibbling on the commentary and give us your take on the match. What happen you satellite dish fall down/car stall/boss call you out to work/fill in excuse as needed?

Tell us your unbiased opinion of the game...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>