April 26, 2024, 05:43:55 PM

Author Topic: Carlos, what did you guys think??  (Read 3615 times)

Offline hertsmackem

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Starsquad
Carlos, what did you guys think??
« on: June 02, 2008, 07:55:26 AM »
From my point of view and I think Sunderland fans in general Carlos hasn't been the same player this season, although he has had a number of injuries, these have either affected his confidence or he just isnt match fit yet. Would love to see him back to his best and really taking on his man, didnt happen yesterday although I think he had a reasonable game, and probably your best player. I also think that if Kenwyne had stayed fit Carlos would have had something to aim for. Lets all hope that Kenwyne is not too seriously injured. Cheers guys and good luck in the WC qualifiers.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos, what did you guys think??
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:58:34 AM »
From my point of view and I think Sunderland fans in general Carlos hasn't been the same player this season, although he has had a number of injuries, these have either affected his confidence or he just isnt match fit yet. Would love to see him back to his best and really taking on his man, didnt happen yesterday although I think he had a reasonable game, and probably your best player. I also think that if Kenwyne had stayed fit Carlos would have had something to aim for. Lets all hope that Kenwyne is not too seriously injured. Cheers guys and good luck in the WC qualifiers.

Carlos will improve im sure of it, the injury too Kenwyne throw off the whole look of the game  :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:27:51 AM »
Any breakfoot going to affect your confidence when going in to a tackle, but he will improve, he is still not back to 100%. Just don't forget the 40yrd rocket he unleashed against Burnley, or the 50yrd lob when he was at LUTON, nah Carlos will bounce back give him time

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »
He sure pass up on ah rocket shot yesterday that would have probably deter Kenwnye injury. >:(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:15:33 AM »
dem fellas real kill him yesterday with bad passes...and then....no one reading his plays and making the runs to support.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:31:35 AM »
I think Carlos looked decent all things considering. But definitely not the same player he was, YET, I'm sure he's going to rebound once he plays a couple more matches in the row. It's tough having such an up and down season. I'm sure it would be in SAFC fans interest to see him play as much for T&T and rebuild his fitness and passing confidence for the start of the next season.

Hoping KJ is just a bruised knee too...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »
Seein Carlos on dat team remind me when after Dwight sign wit Villa he came 2 play wit d goat Mcommie and dem dey was not in d same zip code
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline hertsmackem

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Starsquad
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »
I think Carlos looked decent all things considering. But definitely not the same player he was, YET, I'm sure he's going to rebound once he plays a couple more matches in the row. It's tough having such an up and down season. I'm sure it would be in SAFC fans interest to see him play as much for T&T and rebuild his fitness and passing confidence for the start of the next season.

Hoping KJ is just a bruised knee too...

yes agree about Carlos, I think a goal or 2 will change everything for him, although he is a supplier of crosses he always has a goal in his locker, on his day he is a classy player, Sunderland fans love him and really hope that he gets back to his best and injury free, as for KJ it's a real worry..Carlos on his day is a real flyer and so good to watch..lets hope he does well for you guys in your upcoming matches..

Offline hertsmackem

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Starsquad
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 11:53:45 AM »
Any breakfoot going to affect your confidence when going in to a tackle, but he will improve, he is still not back to 100%. Just don't forget the 40yrd rocket he unleashed against Burnley, or the 50yrd lob when he was at LUTON, nah Carlos will bounce back give him time

believe me we know what he is capable of, the goal against Burnley and Southampton will live long in the memory

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 12:05:36 PM »
Carlos is a shadow of the player who shone so brightly during Sunderland's EPL promotion run.

His first instincts now are to play the ball square or back rather than take on his man and he has become Hleb like in his reluctance to shoot the ball.  At least Hleb takes on defenders thus creating space for his teammates by commanding a double team.

Yes, Carlos is coming back after 2 serious injuries but he's not the first player to have done so.  He's been VERY disappointing.  This coming from one of his biggest fans.  And yes...I go get cuss AGAIN fuh sayin it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline hertsmackem

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Starsquad
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »
Carlos is a shadow of the player who shone so brightly during Sunderland's EPL promotion run.

His first instincts now are to play the ball square or back rather than take on his man and he has become Hleb like in his reluctance to shoot the ball.  At least Hleb takes on defenders thus creating space for his teammates by commanding a double team.

Yes, Carlos is coming back after 2 serious injuries but he's not the first player to have done so.  He's been VERY disappointing.  This coming from one of his biggest fans.  And yes...I go get cuss AGAIN fuh sayin it.

Im not gonna cuss you for saying it, your right he is a shadow of himself, but hopefully a good pre-season will do him the world of good, he was as your signature says..the rolls royce  :)

Offline Mackem

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Check out my TnT World Cup Pics
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 02:38:41 PM »
Watching the game on TV, I thought Carlos had a decent game last night and hope he keeps on improving into pre-season.  We played most of last season without a proper right winger and feel sure Roy will be looking to sign one in the transfer window to give Carlos some competition.

Cheers
Check out my T&T photos from the World Cup in Germany:
http://public.fotki.com/mackem/world_cup_-_england/

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 03:08:14 PM »
Yes Palos is not ole Carlos but he still way ahead of d vast majority of d peeps who wore d same shirt he had on
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 06:49:50 PM »
If all things work accordingly, this thread will be absorbed into another previous one entitled " what does Carlos need?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:55:57 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »
If all things work accordingly, this thread will be absorbed into another previous one entitled " what does Carlos need?

hoss, no one cares about your thread, or the fact that you seem to think that any idea's on the subject should be under your oh so original initiative to post an official thread on talking about the matter.

Once Carlos is around the right players and coaches he go figure that shit out fuh heself.

i swear you must go into the stadium with ah white board and markers and does scream out strategy tuh de players wit ah mega phone.

so yuh start ah thread about what Carlos need, big deal.

stewps, yuh come like ah ancient cave man tryin tuh bawl out fuh copyrights on makin de first fire in human history.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 09:49:35 PM »

hoss, no one cares about your thread, or the fact that you seem to think that any idea's on the subject should be under your oh so original initiative to post an official thread on talking about the matter.

Once Carlos is around the right players and coaches he go figure that shit out fuh heself.

i swear you must go into the stadium with ah white board and markers and does scream out strategy tuh de players wit ah mega phone.
so yuh start ah thread about what Carlos need, big deal.

stewps, yuh come like ah ancient cave man tryin tuh bawl out fuh copyrights on makin de first fire in human history.

ah weak  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 09:50:15 PM »
lol funny  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »
 Young man : I am not making a case of anything. I am simply asking a question if you have followed my drift.
Eman in one posting was good enough to  allude to  it as an accident; I ok with that. I am simply inquiring that if threads are going to be merged based on similarity of content, then this must be done for all.
But wait nah what the arse I doing trying to  have this discussion with some  18 year old?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

well nuff respect. Some men does think that the only way to get their kicks is to come in here and degrade others.

Respectfully , just p.m. if yuh want to  make ah point. OR ignore the post and move on. I ok with that too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:19:44 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 07:35:41 AM »
Young man : I am not making a case of anything. I am simply asking a question if you have followed my drift.
Eman in one posting was good enough to  allude to  it as an accident; I ok with that. I am simply inquiring that if threads are going to be merged based on similarity of content, then this must be done for all.
But wait nah what the arse I doing trying to  have this discussion with some  18 year old?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

well nuff respect. Some men does think that the only way to get their kicks is to come in here and degrade others.

Respectfully , just p.m. if yuh want to  make ah point. OR ignore the post and move on. I ok with that too.

an 18 year old, aye?

as if that means im some lesser breed of incompetence.

you're one of the earliest posters, you should know, if yuh talk chupidness, yuh get ah chats.

we have great pm's that we should all be very grateful for, so what if ah thread doesn't get merged because it has similar content, no one cares buddy.

and doh tell me no nuff respect after yuh pitiful little attempt at being antagonistic, cuz here nuh...

im young and thriving, and not at all ashamed of my youth. I think i'm a pretty decent sensible human being aswell...

but yuh hadda come with all this rubbish, could only catch kicks by "degrading others"... oh boo hoo

give the dramatics a rest Chris Crocker, put the kleenex tissues away, grow some balls, and then maybe ill start vybzin wit yuh normal, sight?

oh and honestly... if everyone respectfully ignored the stupid posts on this site, or better yet ignored all the needless shit people said in real life, well the world would be a very boring place.

I've made my point, buck up.

latah.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »
Up to this day, Edwards still can't cross the ball, trinis jumping up in the stands when Carlos doing nothing but cutting back or across and people figure he beating his man but he not making any forward progress. He also never supported the right back in any form or fashion. Cupid needed a talking to by someone on the field and he needed the support of his midfield partner and he got neither. People say Carlos is a shadow of his old self and i say he's just a shadow. A big 30 year old man and still cn't cross a good ball :-[ :-[
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 08:30:33 AM »
FATZ everyone who knows bout Carlos game know he can cross the ball...This game he did not deliver and that's why people saying he is a shadow of himself.....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 08:57:50 AM »
He played like Collin Samuel vs England, running like a no head chicken, up and down and nothing coming out of it. Them runs have to count for something. In Germany Carlos was the best T&T player, or one offf.... he dropped of a bit... but I am sure he will be back once the T&T team gel....

T&T still cant support each other off the ball except for Hyland and Telesford.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>