April 29, 2024, 10:25:34 AM

Author Topic: Warner wants equality for women footballers  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner wants equality for women footballers
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:38:45 AM »
Warner wants equality for women footballers
By Nicholas Clarke (T&T Guardian)

Concacaf President Jack Warner has called for equal treatment for women’s football in keeping with what is provided for their male counterparts. Warner was speaking at the launch of the Women’s Football Regional Coaching Course at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya yesterday. Warner urged his membership to increase funding for women’s programmes and initiatives. “We must transform our views on women’s football,” he said.

“We must see it not as a secondary part of our football programme, but we must see it as an essential component. The time has come for us to ensure that the funding given to women’s football is on parity with our male programmes. “My passion for this beautiful game remains undaunted. The future of football is feminine. We must inject life into that statement. I want to encourage all members of this Confederation to strengthen their women’s programmes. We must have leagues, competitions and development programmes orchestrated to improve the quality of the women’s game.

It is only when we show our commitment that change will come. We must use courses such as the one as instruments of change. I know the complaints all too well but we cannot reverse time and start a new beginning, but we can start today and make a new ending. Let us all use the opportunities afforded to us to transform the Women’s Game in the region.” The course will continue until September 10, while the final of the tournament will be played on September 25. The 27 participants from 12 Caribbean countries will be trained by Anna Signeul from Sweden and Andrea Rodebaugh from Mexico.

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner, left, present a token to senior
women’s coach, Jamaal Shabazz, at the launch of the Women’s
Football Regional Coaching Course at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya, yesterday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner wants equality for women footballers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »
That include BLACKLISTTTTTTTTTT.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:23:02 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Coming from Jack it must be meant for a laugh....steups!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:08:23 AM »
It means he want the same kind of corporate sponsorship and government injection of funds as the men get.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »
It means he want the same kind of corporate sponsorship and government injection of funds as the men get.

He lookin 4 peter 2 pay Paul so money he get 4 d women go PAY HE DEBT 2  D MEN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: isn't he in a position to bring about the betterment for women players? or is this jack making a note to himself to exploit  Women's football

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 10:20:41 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: isn't he in a position to bring about the betterment for women players? or is this jack making a note to himself to exploit  Women's football

All of the above

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »

Some times i just don't get it with you people on here,why should there be a difference in treatment between men and women Football,it's the same country they all play for,they play under the same association,we expect the same results,when money is proposed for Football i thought was for all Football (men,women and youth) ,why can't they be paid like the Pros etc etc i don't see where Peter paying for Paul when he is the special advisor for our Football.We have a WC taking place in our country in a couple of days and that must be given priority to any men's Football right now,them fellas have to take what ever warm up games and training they can get and chill,when they start producing they will get all the attention they want,in the mean time let them keep fighting for their money.   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »

Some times i just don't get it with you people on here,why should there be a difference in treatment between men and women Football,it's the same country they all play for,they play under the same association,we expect the same results,when money is proposed for Football i thought was for all Football (men,women and youth) ,why can't they be paid like the Pros etc etc i don't see where Peter paying for Paul when he is the special advisor for our Football.We have a WC taking place in our country in a couple of days and that must be given priority to any men's Football right now,them fellas have to take what ever warm up games and training they can get and chill,when they start producing they will get all the attention they want,in the mean time let them keep fighting for their money.   

RELAX FRIEND I all 4 = treatment but anyting comin out of dat fella mouth will neva b taken seriously by me.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 07:35:25 PM »

Coops you know de kinda treatment footballers have gotten in this country. The only ones who have really benefitted are the ones who got to go out .

It has been exploitation from day 1. many of us played for the love of the game ...only to find out later that Millions $ passed through some  sticky hands .

Is that what you want for the women footballers ? It will be some time before women can make a living from pro football ...just like it was with the men in the early days ...you want them to have to go through the same exploitation  ? how many footballers you know were promised things and never received them ... I have stories ..and I am sure you have as well ..it eh just now happening ...

So when a certain person says something ...we must comment  sarcastically ...not because we hear something sounding nice it means we go swallow hook line and sinker .

For some ..when you hear certain people say stand up ..is to run ...and keep running ..dais all.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »

Coops you know de kinda treatment footballers have gotten in this country. The only ones who have really benefitted are the ones who got to go out .

It has been exploitation from day 1. many of us played for the love of the game ...only to find out later that Millions $ passed through some  sticky hands .

Is that what you want for the women footballers ? It will be some time before women can make a living from pro football ...just like it was with the men in the early days ...you want them to have to go through the same exploitation  ? how many footballers you know were promised things and never received them ... I have stories ..and I am sure you have as well ..it eh just now happening ...

So when a certain person says something ...we must comment  sarcastically ...not because we hear something sounding nice it means we go swallow hook line and sinker .

For some ..when you hear certain people say stand up ..is to run ...and keep running ..dais all.

RUN FOREST RUN

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 05:07:24 AM »
in the mean time let them keep fighting for their money.   

If more players fought, we wouldn't be scratching our heads trying to figure out how to get rid of this yoke around football's neck called Jack/TTFF.....but say wha yuh right, dey too damn greedy these selfish footballers..... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 06:09:29 AM »
in the mean time let them keep fighting for their money.   

If more players fought, we wouldn't be scratching our heads trying to figure out how to get rid of this yoke around football's neck called Jack/TTFF.....but say wha yuh right, dey too damn greedy these selfish footballers..... ::) ::)

FIGHT TILL DEY EH HAVE NO BREATH LEFT.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 06:14:52 AM »
You know something,sometimes when i look at our situation it seems like we are stuck in limbo,because everything we want to do we have to go back before we can go forward,as i've always said i am not disagreeing with what any of you are saying but is just that i want to find a way so that we can move forward.The thing is we can't move the man,we can't move the administration,everything said on here like there are no positive answers,is a set of ifs,buts,i eh sure,we can't do nothing etc etc my question is,why are we only talking and nothing is being done,waiting to catch JW is not going to improve Football,years are going other countries are improving and we have all this garbage hanging over our heads,countries who once respected us are laughing at us(Ja).Nobody could tell me about JW,i left home because of JW,i had to run and leave our Football alone,like LP said there are people involved in our Football who are still there since from my time and i admire them for that,is just that times have changed and they also have to make the necessary adjustments.      

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 06:19:44 AM »
You know something,sometimes when i look at our situation it seems like we are stuck in limbo,because everything we want to do we have to go back before we can go forward,as i've always said i am not disagreeing with what any of you are saying but is just that i want to find a way so that we can move forward.The thing is we can't move the man,we can't move the administration,everything said on here like there are no positive answers,is a set of ifs,buts,i eh sure,we can't do nothing etc etc my question is,why are we only talking and nothing is being done,waiting to catch JW is not going to improve Football,years are going other countries are improving and we have all this garbage hanging over our heads,countries who once respected us are laughing at us(Ja).Nobody could tell me about JW,i left home because of JW,i had to run and leave our Football alone,like LP said there are people involved in our Football who are still there since from my time and i admire them for that,is just that times have changed and they also have to make the necessary adjustments.      

They not willing 2 change so we stuck in a ROT. But Shaka etal said ENUFF and I  :applause: :notworthy: :salute: If it had more like dem we will go places but dem in d small minority.

1]; } ?>