April 24, 2024, 06:49:17 PM

Author Topic: WE WANT GLEN!!  (Read 3669 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WE WANT GLEN!!
« on: August 28, 2005, 11:13:08 PM »
Well there are 2 sides to a story, but Glen if yuh wrong apologize to your coach nah. Beenie if Glen violate your authority then penalize him, but to kick him off the team at a crucial time like this is ludacris.
Glen has officially been kicked off the team and he missed a very important game (T&T vs US), but I also remember the fax stating that it is possible that he may be called in the future. Well de future is now!
If it is a pride ting den beenie yuh do everything yuh said yuh would do in de fax, so yuh en go look bad.
Please Beenie, TTFF, J.W., Yorke open all yuh eye to de situation at hand nah. We need the best come Sept 3rd!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 11:51:48 PM by Fire Brand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WE WANT GLEN!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 11:24:01 PM »
T-man, Flex, Sean Fuentes...is there anyone who can convey the warrior supporters' view on this Glen issue to Leo and de TTFF?

People ah think we have to flood TTFF website with posts, and we need to do it quick.

Send EMAILS to:
Admin: admin@ttff.com
Gen Secretary: rgrodentt@aol.com
sfuentes@ttff.com

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 12:01:04 AM »
hmmm. why dis sounding familiar.!!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 01:11:38 AM »
why we so ready to flood our coaches and ting with who should play? we did with latapy and hes in the squad, but lets let our coaches pick whos best. if we dont agree with a decision, fine.those debates are fun, but why we sending emails and such everytime we feel the coach shouldve picked this man or that man.
Hart for president

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 08:38:19 AM »

Why we can't get the real story on why he not in the team.  Doh bound to have details.

Glenn will burn anybody on that Guatemala side if he play on the left.
He has been switching between forward and winger for Columbus of late and the man is be running like a sprinter even at the end of the game.  Look back at the videos and see how much ball them play on the left for him on isolations.  Players get yellow cards trying to mark him especially after they get burn.
I want to see how many opportunities are created on the left come Saturday.  Whitley not even trying to get past anybody.

The reporters are letting us down with this story....all of dem.  Either they doh know or choose to hold back info till later.  Or is just the truth that Leo doh think he suited to the team....which is madness.  What Scotland do for the Gold Cup?

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 08:42:39 AM »
its a shocking no-brainer that glen should be in this team ahead of scotland. not because he scored one goal in scottish 3rd div means he is match ready and capable of giving something more than stern can give us. at least 4 pro league teams can beat the hell out of scotland's team any day any time so he does not have more competition than nor has he been really tested in that match.

beenhakker is wasting his time here going with scotland instead of glen. i dont really care now mate lets write and petition them all it happens all over the world but when it come to us we are getting cold feet because we do not believe that we have a say. its not like we are on top of the group. we need help from active players who can make a difference. what has glen done that york and latapy and ince have not done already. he's committed and together with sealy york (both of whom are in form) edwards and latapy could do damage against guatemala.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 08:49:52 AM »
According to the reports(or lack of)....Glenn has done nothing wrong.
Nothing has been reported that he did anything wrong and the decision was based solely on Leo's assesment of his play.

THAT IS THE OFFICIAL WORD as of now.  Anything else is just meaningless conjecture.

Reporters on vacation or gone sorf.   :-X

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 09:09:05 AM »
to me is ah open and shut case.. Glen should have been called OVER scottie.. i sorry ..

Buh suppose scottie come down and de authorities arress him rite afta de game.   :-X

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 09:23:21 AM »
why we so ready to flood our coaches and ting with who should play? we did with latapy and hes in the squad, but lets let our coaches pick whos best. if we dont agree with a decision, fine.those debates are fun, but why we sending emails and such everytime we feel the coach shouldve picked this man or that man.

Supporter de ultimate decision to pick players for a game lies with Beenie. I eh trying to take de man job or influence anybody to do so. But I as well as de hundreds of other die hard supporters need to know the truth about Glen and why he has been "kicked off" the team.
It was reported that the fax that they sent him stated that he will no longer be playing for T&T...not he will be missing a game or two. To me that is harsh punishment that deserves an explanation.
Hypocracy reigns at the ttff! If Yorke and Latas can be called back after sabotaging our previous WC campaign, then so should Glen.
Sending an email to de TTFF is not going to do anything but let them know how we feel about the situation.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 09:24:51 AM »
Yeah I can't understand why Fuentes and the rest not giving we any info on this situation?  They were all over the Ince story and published several interviews etc. but nothing about Glen besides Beenie saying he preferred Sealy at the time and that they sent a fax saying we don't need you now but the door is still open?  nah we need better than that.

Just looking at the basic facts Beenie would have to be an absolute madman to pick Scotland over Glen right now.

- Scotland has played a total of 90 minutes of football in two months since the Gold Cup.  He has been without a club up until last week and has not been training regularly.  He cannot be nearly as match fit as Glen.  The only reason he got a full sweat in the last game after just getting approval the day before is because the quailty of his team and level of opposition were so poor.

- With all the turbulence in Scotland's life over the past month he must be mentally exhausted. The man now reach back to Scotland why not give him a chance to ketch himself and settle in with his new team?

- Scotland has been reported as having assaulted his uncle to the point of unconciousness a few weeks ago.  Is this the kind of character that we want in our national team?  that is far worse than anything Glen, Ince, Yorke or Latas do as far as discipline.

- With Jones and Samuel out, the element of speed will be sorely lacking from our game and Scotland is not the man to provide it.  Also the positions that those guys play (striker, left wing) are perfectly suited to Glen who can play either position effectively.  Glen is a logical replacement player if ever there was one.

True Glen has not scored as many goals as Sealy in MLS this year but look at the teams they play for.  Columbus is bottom of the standings and only now starting to play some decent ball and Glen is part of the reason for that.  Glen has not been getting many good chances while Sealy is being served up goals on a platter because of the better quality of his teammates.  

THE ONLY thing I can think of is that Beenie doesn't want Glen on his team because his preferred style is one of patient, possession football and his strikers need to be able to hold up the ball, pass it back and wait for midfield support.  This is also why men like Jones who like to take a more direct approach to goal have not been getting much playing time under Beenie.  Notice that Sealy not Jones was Beenie's first change striker last match.  Glen with his pacey runs has a tendency sometimes to overrun the ball and give away possession which could pressure on our midfield and defense.  But the fact remains Beenie's style is not working as far as scoring goals from the striker position and we need to change it now!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 10:47:36 AM »
well it must be an off field ting....i really thought glenn was going to play a major role in this campaign as he is a player i rate highly...but yuh never know...the movie continues.....by the way remember the gold cup game vs colombia......glenn was virtually invisible on the left flank and subbed at half time....i hope they solve this scene soon.......i will share this with you all.....i once met glenn in the stands at a digicel match ..tnt vs sombody in the group stage at the center of ex....i joked with him that he should be out there...and he stated firmly "NOT ME"...like the game was too small for him...real big player attitude....it stayed with me for a long time....so i hope whatever is keeping him off the team can be solved....cause it doh look like it have no coming back with don leo...ask ince
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 10:55:47 AM »
i once met glenn in the stands at a digicel match ..tnt vs sombody in the group stage at the center of ex....i joked with him that he should be out there...and he stated firmly "NOT ME"...like the game was too small for him...real big player attitude....it stayed with me for a long time....

Dat wasn't last year, right? Because he did score a hat-trick (some wicked goals) against Puerto Rico in de Digicel Cup last November at de COE.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 11:01:26 AM »
tallman....that was the same group stage....the game i talking bout ...he did not play in ( of course)and yes i remember the hattrick...maybe was that trick that had him thinking the games too soft....by the way tallman...everting cool on your end ???...i see prentess in bago last week....keep in touch

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 11:23:26 AM »
At this point, I agree with Firebrand ...we need to put pressure on the coach. In his 6 competitive games so far we have 2 goals from our strikers...1 from Stern against Panama(WCQ) and 1 from Cornell against Panama(GC). If we put in terms of minutes per game (like the english like to do to fight for Michael Owen at Real), the man continues to leave out the striker with best strike rate. Glen has to be on that squad man, once is not a discipline thing, and being in Trinidad, if it was we woulda hear a rumour by now and we haven't.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
What is the political incorrect reason for Glen's omission?
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 05:01:14 PM »
Ah done read heaps of reasons like the amount of strikers we have on the team in dat position. COULD someone shed some light on what is being  touted behind closed doors? ah mean leh we know what is what.

Yuh cyar have all dat flipping potential speed and pace and not on the team. Just like de bloke who  refuse we offer tuh play fuh we; Now we know he eh interested talk done about he. Well leh we get tuh the truth about Glen and put the talk tuh rest too.

We eh go quote nobody; we could just KEEP IT OFF THE RECORD.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 05:06:18 PM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is the political incorrect reason for Glen's omission?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 05:04:34 PM »
Yuh know how long I asking that ???

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
isn't thing like that some ah allyuh chummy with Fuentes for?
is not like we like gossip  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 05:14:03 PM »
all yuh know  we Trinis, we like commess and we like de bacchanal.
based on the news article today. Glen stated that his motivation  is based on a willingness to  make the TNT national team. Dat seems like an open  admission to the fact that he wants to impress the coach based on his play. Could one infer that  his play was not up to t par ? or was it more than that?

I am not questioning the coach's decision nor am I openly advocating at this time for one player over the other, I JUST WANT TUH KNOW THE FLIPPING REASON BEHIND THE OMISSION. I COULD LIVE WITH WHATEVER THE REASON IS AS LONG AS IT IS LEGITIMATE AND DOES NOT HURT OUR CHANCES AT THIS TIME.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 05:18:06 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 05:21:57 PM »
COULD someone shed some light on what is being  touted behind closed doors? ah mean leh we know what is what.

All I could say is dat I heard he was exhibiting a prima donna attitude during de Gold Cup camp. I eh know if it was fuh de whole camp or at de end. It was like he feel he reach. Again, dat is what I heard, it has not been independently verified.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 05:30:17 PM »
Thanks Tallman,
Talk done from me about that now; I hope there is a way for that behaviour to be corrected and a path for him to play  himself back unto the national team. Part of our future lies with our limited talented player resources.

Discipline is one thing; punishment is another. What does it take to rectify and  mend the situation?

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 06:09:22 PM »
Player of the month like Sealy

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 07:42:04 PM »
Nothing will not happen before his time. Once Glen continue on this form. He will earn his place in the team because his transgression will be forgiven and all this spectculation and stuff will be replaced by praise for him when he scores for us in Germany next year.
Cannot wait to see you play for T&T in Germany Glenn.
GO GLENN
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 07:44:16 PM »
if it was bertille and he did drop glen allyuh woulda say he mad.

now de Dutchie do it he mad.

allyuh show allyuh credentials

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 08:45:28 PM »
Its plain and simple to me, if you want the best team to be training and playing day in day out for WCQ then Glenn should be there. Coaches with experience like Beenie must have had so much prima donnas on deh team ( if that is the case) that they know how to handle them. I dont know if Glenn is like dat but I think it is hard to ignore that if we reserve forwards in speedy men like Glenn and Sealy we could definitely expect goals from de bench.

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005, 09:35:39 PM »
yuh doh know what yuh talking about.

until we know why de man eh dey from de coach's mout, all else is speculation.  Could be he jes eh impress de coach during training, could be he asy sumting he shouldn't say, could be he jes not good enuff in de coach's eye.

Me eh know so ah cyar comment, i was one hollering he name during de goal cup.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2005, 09:44:38 PM »
ask ince what happen to cornell.......simoes make walter boyd cry before he take him to france.....fellas this is not the colleges league here....dem coaches make some hardcore gut decisions just to make sure nobody erode the work they putting in.....so let the movie play

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005, 09:51:02 PM »
ask ince what happen to cornell.......simoes make walter boyd cry before he take him to france.....fellas this is not the colleges league here....dem coaches make some hardcore gut decisions just to make sure nobody erode the work they putting in.....so let the movie play

If is Glenn who need to get himself together then so be it....but do it fast.

1]; } ?>