March 28, 2024, 09:09:57 AM

Author Topic: Warrior Nation Flag  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Warrior Nation Flag
« on: June 05, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »
I see in the sports magazine today from the Trinidad express, they have the WN Flag in it. However a caption with the flag saying that the Powder Possee unveil they giant flag for the game.

I get real mad when i see that  >:(. No kinda questions asked ... just assume that the flag is the Powder Possee own. That is some real shit. Have to fix that.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Warrior Nation Flag
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:53:30 PM »
I see in the sports magazine today from the Trinidad express, they have the WN Flag in it. However a caption with the flag saying that the Powder Possee unveil they giant flag for the game.

I get real mad when i see that  >:(. No kinda questions asked ... just assume that the flag is the Powder Possee own. That is some real shit. Have to fix that.

We start talking about it in another thread. One question though? Who the hell is the powder posse ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 01:15:42 PM »

We start talking about it in another thread. One question though? Who the hell is the powder posse ?

we was trying not to post a thread but oh well..this need it's own one...

we are trying to get a retraction/ correction printed...so feel free to bombard them with calls to help d case...

Contact Info...

623 1711 x 3991

Kwame Lawrence - Assistant Editor

MArlon Miller - Editor
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »

we was trying not to post a thread but oh well..this need it's own one...

we are trying to get a retraction/ correction printed...so feel free to bombard them with calls to help d case...

Contact Info...

623 1711 x 3991

Kwame Lawrence - Assistant Editor

MArlon Miller - Editor

Kwame tell he he cyah say if anything gonna be done...call tomm to speak to Marlon Miller...schups...damn attitude i get...schupsssss

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »
see daz why i jus went ahead and wrote a letter to the editor..now is to see if they wud even publish it...i know if tried to talk to anyone is a bunch a runaround
Back in Trini...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 01:38:13 PM »
I talk to some fella named "Barry" who took de information and say he goh pass it on...so I watching to see if anything would be done....

Ah still feel to send them ah email.....and ah letter and ah fax and some more phone calls...steups...after all de stress we put up wid!!!.... >:( >:(

Powder Posse was waving dey flag near to where the WN flag was unveiled so dem just assume was Powder Posse own....steups.... >:(

I shall not rest till justice is done... :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:40:22 PM by brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 04:03:34 PM »
D CCN peeps needs 2 speak 2 each other. TV6 now learn bout d blacklist, express eh know dat is oui flag. D glue is Lisana but d glue very week

NY thanks 4 d letter
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »

Midknight...Powder Posse is one ah dem crews dat does show up in fetes with dey flag...like Two Face Crew....Powder Posse does be most prominent at all Machel's concerts/shows....what happen is that they had dey flag pretty near to where we unveiled ours so the report just assume it was a Powder Posse thing....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
I mean we know dey not into investigative journalism but oh lawd is not d first time we release d flag so no excuse 4 dem not knowin is not d powder posse
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »
I talk to some fella named "Barry" who took de information and say he goh pass it on...so I watching to see if anything would be done....

Ah still feel to send them ah email.....and ah letter and ah fax and some more phone calls...steups...after all de stress we put up wid!!!.... >:( >:(

Powder Posse was waving dey flag near to where the WN flag was unveiled so dem just assume was Powder Posse own....steups.... >:(

Feel free to amend as necessary and pass it on...

Dear Sirs,

I am contacting you with regards to a caption that was appended to the image of the giant flag published in today's Express sports magazine.  The flag was attributed to be the work of the "Powder Posse", when in fact it was actually displayed through the efforts of the collective Warrior Nation membership, but particularly those present at the game on Sunday.  We understand that this is for you a minor issue, one probably not even worthy of correcting, we however respectfully beg to differ.  The Warrior Nation was founded just over two years ago, with a goal of being a unified and vocal presence (at the games, but also beyond) for our national football teams (juniors, men's and women's). 

Part of our vision is to galvanize support behind our footballers and ecourage crowd participation (and team spirit) at the games.  This is where our flag comes in... and this is why we feel it necessary to contact you so that our efforts could be properly attributed.  We want the casual fan to know that support does not have to be an ad hoc affair where you show up at the game give an occasional cheer.  Instead we encourage everyone to join with us and be part of a community of individuals who not only show up at the games and sit together, but we foster community building efforts away from the games as well through a variety of activities as varied as charitable activities to the occasional small goal lime.  Critical to this effort is letting the public know who we are, and to this end we would appreciate your efforts in helping us get the word out in future.  Further information about us can be found online at www.thewarriornation.com, and we thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

The Members of The Warrior Nation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 06:15:09 AM »
Thanks Bakes...I emailed it...and ah feeling to drop off ah hard copy today...ah just cyar take going downtown in dat Friday traffic...*gets instant headache at the thought*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »
Thanks Bakes...I emailed it...and ah feeling to drop off ah hard copy today...ah just cyar take going downtown in dat Friday traffic...*gets instant headache at the thought*

Sweet.

Yuh probably might still want to mail or drop off ah hard copy doh, from mih last visit ah know how things is in POS on ah Friday evening.  Leh we know if yuh get any response, and yuh might want to follow up with ah call to make sure dey cyah say dey never get it.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 03:15:25 PM »
A correction will be made in next week's edition of the Magazine.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 05:18:52 PM »
When T&Ts flag was unveiled for the anthems on the pitch the guy sat next to me said it looked like something you would put in your car...

:rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
A correction will be made in next week's edition of the Magazine.

Don't just get mad...take action  :beermug:

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 07:52:07 PM »
i noticed even at the tnt vs england it had banners with apparently diffrent support groups from england

if i wasnt on this site i would never have know that a group called warrior nation exisits
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 08:17:31 PM »
Ey y'all get the Sunday Mirror over the weekend?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 10:14:34 PM »
What d mirror have Reaper?

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 11:22:41 PM »
big back page insanity from Sunday's friendly against England

Title: TTFF Ticket Scandal

Patriot have a copy of the Sunday Mirror which came out this past Sunday

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 02:29:15 AM »
i noticed even at the tnt vs england it had banners with apparently diffrent support groups from england

if i wasnt on this site i would never have know that a group called warrior nation exisits

When you go to watch England and take a flag, it is traditional to print your teams name onto the flag. That way, you can use your flag for club football and internationls. You usually travel to away games by bus and on saturdays you will see dozens of coaches travelling up and down the motorways with flags in the back window.

Often at service stations you will see several groups of fans, sometimes over 150 from each club. In the bad old days of the 80's they would be accompanied by police because they would fight and cause havoc. That no longer happens. Now fans will talk to one another, particularly if they support league one or two clubs.

Travelling north from Kent, you may meet Doncaster fans travelling to Orient, Southampton fans travelling to Ipswich, MK Dons fans travelling to Chester etc.

Many of the hardcore England fans (equivelent to Warrior Nation) are from smaller clubs. Thats why you see England flags with Rotherham Utd, Barnet, Grimsby Town etc.

I think you guys should get SocaWarriors stitched onto your flag to confirm your identity. Supporters of ProLeague clubs should get their team names put onto Trini flags. You'd be amazed how many times they get shown on TV.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 04:53:56 AM »

My first taste of that was in Germany.....England flags all over de place with different groups on them...it was impressive
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 05:57:12 AM »

When you go to watch England and take a flag, it is traditional to print your teams name onto the flag. That way, you can use your flag for club football and internationls. You usually travel to away games by bus and on saturdays you will see dozens of coaches travelling up and down the motorways with flags in the back window.

Often at service stations you will see several groups of fans, sometimes over 150 from each club. In the bad old days of the 80's they would be accompanied by police because they would fight and cause havoc. That no longer happens. Now fans will talk to one another, particularly if they support league one or two clubs.

Travelling north from Kent, you may meet Doncaster fans travelling to Orient, Southampton fans travelling to Ipswich, MK Dons fans travelling to Chester etc.

Many of the hardcore England fans (equivelent to Warrior Nation) are from smaller clubs. Thats why you see England flags with Rotherham Utd, Barnet, Grimsby Town etc.

I think you guys should get SocaWarriors stitched onto your flag to confirm your identity. Supporters of ProLeague clubs should get their team names put onto Trini flags. You'd be amazed how many times they get shown on TV.

Correct. But not just their teams but sometimes messages or the name of an amateur/district team or supporters club that they belong to.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 07:57:21 AM »

Feel free to amend as necessary and pass it on...

Dear Sirs,

I am contacting you with regards to a caption that was appended to the image of the giant flag published in today's Express sports magazine.  The flag was attributed to be the work of the "Powder Posse", when in fact it was actually displayed through the efforts of the collective Warrior Nation membership, but particularly those present at the game on Sunday.  We understand that this is for you a minor issue, one probably not even worthy of correcting, we however respectfully beg to differ.  The Warrior Nation was founded just over two years ago, with a goal of being a unified and vocal presence (at the games, but also beyond) for our national football teams (juniors, men's and women's). 

Part of our vision is to galvanize support behind our footballers and ecourage crowd participation (and team spirit) at the games.  This is where our flag comes in... and this is why we feel it necessary to contact you so that our efforts could be properly attributed.  We want the casual fan to know that support does not have to be an ad hoc affair where you show up at the game give an occasional cheer.  Instead we encourage everyone to join with us and be part of a community of individuals who not only show up at the games and sit together, but we foster community building efforts away from the games as well through a variety of activities as varied as charitable activities to the occasional small goal lime.  Critical to this effort is letting the public know who we are, and to this end we would appreciate your efforts in helping us get the word out in future.  Further information about us can be found online at www.thewarriornation.com, and we thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

The Members of The Warrior Nation

Well done guys.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 08:12:50 PM »
leh we nah forget to watch out for the correction this week...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 10:42:30 PM »
yep all yuh who does get papers check it out I only readin papers on line these days

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 07:26:01 AM »
anyone skip thru the Adrenaline this week??

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 10:41:45 AM »
i didnt get it in my express this week so i eh see nuttin!
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>