April 27, 2024, 06:22:25 PM

Author Topic: U-20 coach faces uphill task.  (Read 2532 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
U-20 coach faces uphill task.
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:55:03 PM »
Football coach faces uphill task.
By: Joel Bailey (Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 football team coach Zoran Vranes has described the training squad, under his watch, as “promising”. The team is preparing for the staging of the CONCACAF Under-20 Championships in January/February next year, when four teams will earn spots to play at the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt.

But the Yugoslav-born Vranes, who was a former national “senior” team and Under-23 coach, has endured a few hiccups along the way, including player availability and their training habits.

During a recent training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Vranes said: “Approximately, we had three times a week for training. It could be better. We have some problems with some players who are supposed to be part of the team and still I didn’t see some of them. It’s nonsense but that’s true.

“We have to support the Under-20 national team in the right way if we are to get from them what we expect,” Vranes continued. “I can say it’s a very talented and very promising team.

“If we have what we need to develop them, if we organise everything a little bit more professionally, if the players are more professional, if things are going how it’s supposed to be, I expect good results,” said Vranes. “Otherwise, we’ll miss something that’s excellent for us and nobody will get any benefit from (it).

“Generally, I could say Trinidad has a very promising Under-20 team and everything is up to us, from now on,” he added.

Some of the World Cup members who are part of the Under-20 pool of players include captain Leston Paul, Akeem Adams, Sheldon Bateau, Sean De Silva, Daniel Joseph, Marcus Joseph, Stephen Knox, Kevin Molino, Robert Primus, Jean-Luc Rochford, Glenroy Samuel, Aubrey David and Chike Sullivan. Also included in the training squad are national striker Jamaal Gay, Akeem Bailey, Uriah Bentick, Chad De Freitas and Trent Lougheed.

Pertaining to the World Cup players in his ranks, Vranes noted that the players have impressed him, in terms of their work-rate and national experience, but their ages may be a factor.

“They’re still young, by one year, than they’re supposed to be,” he said. “Some were (born) in 1990 or 1991 and Under-20 is supposed to be, at the right age, 1989.

“It’s not a big problem in any way,” he noted. “They’re still promising and I expect good results from them.” Another problem affecting Vranes is the inability to get a full pool of players to work with.

“The majority of them (are) in school still,” he said. “Very soon, school is supposed to be over and I expect to have them here.

“Right now, (another) problem (is) their obligation to club,” he continued. “Some guys are already playing for ‘senior’ Pro (League) team, some of them playing for reserve teams, some of them Under-18 and it’s problem.

Vranes pleaded, “I will like to have them in my team, the Under-20 national team. We’ll work with them as a team and to give them hard work and good experience.

“We have some very nice plans. I hope we’ll get our plans and wait for January and February to see how they’ll perform,” he ended.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 07:46:18 PM by Flex »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 coach faces uphill task
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »
Football coach faces uphill task
By Joel Bailey (Newsday)

Friday, June 6 2008

TRINIDAD AND Tobago Under-20 football team coach Zoran Vranes has described the training squad, under his watch, as “promising”.

The team is preparing for the staging of the CONCACAF Under-20 Championships in January/February next year, when four teams will earn spots to play at the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt.

But the Yugoslav-born Vranes, who was a former national “senior” team and Under-23 coach, has endured a few hiccups along the way, including player availability and their training habits.

During a recent training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Vranes said: “Approximately, we had three times a week for training. It could be better. We have some problems with some players who are supposed to be part of the team and still I didn’t see some of them. It’s nonsense but that’s true.

“We have to support the Under-20 national team in the right way if we are to get from them what we expect,” Vranes continued. “I can say it’s a very talented and very promising team.

“If we have what we need to develop them, if we organise everything a little bit more professionally, if the players are more professional, if things are going how it’s supposed to be, I expect good results,” said Vranes. “Otherwise, we’ll miss something that’s excellent for us and nobody will get any benefit from (it).

“Generally, I could say Trinidad has a very promising Under-20 team and everything is up to us, from now on,” he added.

Some of the World Cup members who are part of the Under-20 pool of players include captain Leston Paul, Akeem Adams, Sheldon Bateau, Sean De Silva, Daniel Joseph, Marcus Joseph, Stephen Knox, Kevin Molino, Robert Primus, Jean-Luc Rochford, Glenroy Samuel, Aubrey David and Chike Sullivan. Also included in the training squad are national striker Jamaal Gay, Akeem Bailey, Uriah Bentick, Chad De Freitas and Trent Lougheed.

Pertaining to the World Cup players in his ranks, Vranes noted that the players have impressed him, in terms of their work-rate and national experience, but their ages may be a factor.

“They’re still young, by one year, than they’re supposed to be,” he said. “Some were (born) in 1990 or 1991 and Under-20 is supposed to be, at the right age, 1989.

“It’s not a big problem in any way,” he noted. “They’re still promising and I expect good results from them.” Another problem affecting Vranes is the inability to get a full pool of players to work with.

“The majority of them (are) in school still,” he said. “Very soon, school is supposed to be over and I expect to have them here.

“Right now, (another) problem (is) their obligation to club,” he continued. “Some guys are already playing for ‘senior’ Pro (League) team, some of them playing for reserve teams, some of them Under-18 and it’s problem.
Vranes pleaded, “I will like to have them in my team, the Under-20 national team. We’ll work with them as a team and to give them hard work and good experience.

“We have some very nice plans. I hope we’ll get our plans and wait for January and February to see how they’ll perform,” he ended.

HOPEFULLY THIS PROBLEM IS RESOLVED SOON!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:14:29 PM »
Plus there a guys in the USA...  hope the under 20  get orgainized soon
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:18:49 PM »
..Another ting too is de U-20 players who are playing for the pro-league teams are being paid to play for their respective clubs for upcoming matches...so not every time Vranes want them to train, their clubs will be willing to let them go...It boils down to the youth coach and Pro league club coaches coming to an agreement about the availabilty of players for national team training

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:27:21 PM »
i know they wanted silas spann to join the team as well as hyland , and hopefully captain to team , but that is a long shot , last time i spoke to him about a month ago. he was supposed to be signing with portsmoth in this summer transfer window.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:31:58 PM by Youth Baller »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:34:54 PM »
i know they wanted silas spann to join the team as well as hyland , and hopefully captain to team , but that is a long shot , last time i spoke to him about a month ago. he was supposed to be signing with portsmoth in this summer transfer window.

So any friendlies lined up ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »
thats why we will always fail at youth level....individually we are good but as a team we have no cohesion...ok hyland is of the age to play...why not let him play...most of the good young players who are playing professionally and play with their countries senior team still have to play their age group no matter what....messi, aguero, dos santos, freddy adu etc... and when they fail we  will blame vranes ....why not use them..is only in trini we does want to walk before we creep....sad times ..

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 02:30:40 PM »
thats why we will always fail at youth level....individually we are good but as a team we have no cohesion...ok hyland is of the age to play...why not let him play...most of the good young players who are playing professionally and play with their countries senior team still have to play their age group no matter what....messi, aguero, dos santos, freddy adu etc... and when they fail we  will blame vranes ....why not use them..is only in trini we does want to walk before we creep....sad times ..
very true thats the view of most of the people who are not invloved in the national set up.

and trini_2010 well they hav been playin games against some pro-league sides and reserve side as well as some sides in the super league. not great opposition. but this year we probably have one of the best teams at the under-20 level now is just up to the football politics.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »
very true thats the view of most of the people who are not invloved in the national set up.

and trini_2010 well they hav been playin games against some pro-league sides and reserve side as well as some sides in the super league. not great opposition. but this year we probably have one of the best teams at the under-20 level now is just up to the football politics.
no doubt they have a good team...realistically are the federation doing what is needed to qualify.....NO THEY ARE NOT.....so good bunch or not it have a certain level of preparation that is needed to compete at the highest level..i am not involved in the national set up.....i was so from my experience nothing has been changed.....i played against the honduras U 20 team earlier in the year those guys also played against the US U20's and beat them..how many international friendlies our U20 play for the year....since then i am pretty sure that both the US and Honduras has played many more internationals....we will never be ready and we will have to start all over again...sad times..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 08:11:23 PM »
..if Hyland and Spann meet the age criteria then they should be part of the team...based on what I heard from my sources they mostly wanna use players from the last U-17 campaign that qualified for South Korea..Lets see what materialises..

1]; } ?>