April 29, 2024, 01:35:02 AM

Author Topic: New Warriors  (Read 3383 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New Warriors
« on: June 06, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »
It was the first time that I saw our New Warriors and they did not look that bad as I was led to believe.We were up against some of the best players in the EPL and it was understandable that the young ones would be nervous.If we were to play that England team again I am sure you would see a much improved game from our boys.One of the things that was blatantlly obvious was how we were giving the English so much space,we were not closing them down quick enough but even so they could not take advantage.After those two early goals plus  the loss of Kenwynn I felt a real worry that we might be battered,that didn't happen so we should give some credit because it is due.We play Jamaica to-morrow and I can bet that what they have learnt from that historic 90 minute would result in 100% improvement,win,loose or draw,I expect us to beat the Brits just to let them know once again who is de borse.This is all a rebuilding process so winning is not the most important factor in this match, its how we improve on those faults which which was glaring against England.Our passing was not up to standard and we can surely improve on that against inferior opposition(Reggaebritz),I also hope that Mr.Maturana pong it it deh head about closing down people quickly and not too much long hopefull balls.Ah backing we for ah 2-1 win.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Warriors
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »
Frico from your mouth to God Ears.... (if God have ears). All I know is that this game will be even more telling than de England game because we wont be able to say after, that it was a "small country" going against giants and it will be a truer litmus test as to how we stack up against concacaf. Some may talk about de last jamacia game and de fact dat we held them but we were dominated in de first half of that game. Pancho talking about playing teams like Chech repub and things like dat. I want to see him handle Guatemala, Honduras, Panama as confidently as we did in de Gold cup which preceeded the last one. When Cornell score de header, Birchall de rocket and Stern de beamer. Then I'd say we ready for de likes of Jamaca, Costa Rica, Mexico & de US.
In case we forgot... TnT is rated as the 6th best team in concacaf. 6th.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 06:07:56 PM »
Not to be too negative but ... That we weren't beaten more convincingly against England could also be down to England taking their foot off the gas. It's hard to really judge how much credit we should be taking for not getting battered.

That said, I don't think the performance against England was THAT bad. Our defence just doesn't inspire much confidence.

Why do we have a D2 college footballer as our starting left back?

Until tomorrow.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 06:10:21 PM by dwn »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 06:31:08 PM »

Until tomorrow.

So dat he could get a potential contract with some team in Europe thereby earning his agent his transfer fee?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »
Until tomorrow.
So dat he could get a potential contract with some team in Europe thereby earning his agent his transfer fee?
and could someone tell DWN who his agent is :devil:

and he ent looking for chicken feed
is Cornmeal he goin for ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 08:12:07 PM »

Until tomorrow.

palos you and west coast real smart yes so tell me why we continue to have these predators at the highest level of our football when Trinidad success can only be an overflow if it happens to their personal success.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »

Until tomorrow.

palos you and west coast real smart yes so tell me why we continue to have these predators at the highest level of our football when Trinidad success can only be an overflow if it happens to their personal success.

because of smallmindedness...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 03:44:07 AM »
I would like to ask davidephraim if the fact that when we played Jamaica in Kingston we were missing 6 players,Jamaica had all their major players apart from Fuller.We played with a very young in-experienced team and Jamaica was expected to kick our asses ,if you were to believe some of the posts that were made prior to the match.We now have C.Edwards,S.John,C.Ince,J.Scotland,D.Lawrence and A.Edwards,,surely you haven't taken that fact into consideration.Whatever negativity you or the rest want to bring into the equation would not affect the process that is taking place in TT football,building a strong base of home based players should have been happening over the last 10 years.How many times over the years we played internationas without our overseas professionals?We at times were left with a dis-jointed team that is one of the reasons we are not in the top 3 in CONCACAF.When we played Guatemala they had one player in the MLS all the rest were home based,the rest of  CONCACAF basically are the same apart from the US and maybe Mexico.Maybe you have forgotton how many times we have been refused our players in the British leagues and the MLS,if you have then I certainly haven't.
Now sidung and watch de improvement  in dis game to-nite,WIN,LOOSE OR DRAW.
DOH SAY AH DIN TELL YUH.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 06:18:16 AM »

Until tomorrow.

Apart from the fact that he has been the best starting left back i have seen thus far. I havent really seen Akile Edwards so I will appreciate comments/thoughts on his play. BTW we WILL win today. Our matchups are superior.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 09:05:34 AM »
I would like to ask davidephraim if the fact that when we played Jamaica in Kingston we were missing 6 players,Jamaica had all their major players apart from Fuller.We played with a very young in-experienced team and Jamaica was expected to kick our asses ,if you were to believe some of the posts that were made prior to the match.We now have C.Edwards,S.John,C.Ince,J.Scotland,D.Lawrence and A.Edwards,,surely you haven't taken that fact into consideration.Whatever negativity you or the rest want to bring into the equation would not affect the process that is taking place in TT football,building a strong base of home based players should have been happening over the last 10 years.How many times over the years we played internationas without our overseas professionals?We at times were left with a dis-jointed team that is one of the reasons we are not in the top 3 in CONCACAF.When we played Guatemala they had one player in the MLS all the rest were home based,the rest of  CONCACAF basically are the same apart from the US and maybe Mexico.Maybe you have forgotton how many times we have been refused our players in the British leagues and the MLS,if you have then I certainly haven't.
Now sidung and watch de improvement  in dis game to-nite,WIN,LOOSE OR DRAW.
DOH SAY AH DIN TELL YUH.

Sorry mate... I never saw de post.. I will answer. We were lucky that Simeos changed up his  game speed and tried to introduce some different players and tactics. I am afraid that if he didn't we may not have been able to recover..
(yes I know TnT have de recovery ting down pact) but jamaica were running at our defence at a frantic pace first half and destroying 2-3 defenders in their wake. The second half was a stark difference in comparison to the first half. If TnT cannot contain an early onslaught they might not have de mental fortitude to fight back all de time. That time we did but if you remember what Jamaica's faults were in de second half it was, holding de ball too long (cockyness/confidence) not completing passes (because dey only trying to pass after dey almost loss it) = cockyness / overconfidence.  So whilst I like what you have proposed and suggested about local ball and a local team building venture it should not be completely tied into our performance in the jamaica game unless yuh willing to accept also that we were outplayed in de first half.

Today will be a telling game because Pancho actually choose this team as the best that we have so we dont get to talk about who missing and who didnt play for jamaica. (barring jones and Stern injury) and injuries exist in football. For all intensive purposes we have to see this outfit as our WC team unless something else changes.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 09:10:46 AM »
It was the first time that I saw our New Warriors and they did not look that bad as I was led to believe.We were up against some of the best players in the EPL and it was understandable that the young ones would be nervous.If we were to play that England team again I am sure you would see a much improved game from our boys.One of the things that was blatantlly obvious was how we were giving the English so much space,we were not closing them down quick enough but even so they could not take advantage.After those two early goals plus  the loss of Kenwynn I felt a real worry that we might be battered,that didn't happen so we should give some credit because it is due.We play Jamaica to-morrow and I can bet that what they have learnt from that historic 90 minute would result in 100% improvement,win,loose or draw,I expect us to beat the Brits just to let them know once again who is de borse.This is all a rebuilding process so winning is not the most important factor in this match, its how we improve on those faults which which was glaring against England.Our passing was not up to standard and we can surely improve on that against inferior opposition(Reggaebritz),I also hope that Mr.Maturana pong it it deh head about closing down people quickly and not too much long hopefull balls.Ah backing we for ah 2-1 win.

Let me put it like this the England showed us where we need to be
Jamacia game would show us where we ought to be

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
Not to be too negative but ... That we weren't beaten more convincingly against England could also be down to England taking their foot off the gas. It's hard to really judge how much credit we should be taking for not getting battered.

That said, I don't think the performance against England was THAT bad. Our defence just doesn't inspire much confidence.

Until tomorrow.

Whats is the difference between D2 and D1 or D3? NOTHING!!only well D1 schools may have more money So, you do not make any sense. The man is a great player and is definitely a product for the future. The thing is As much as we can criticize the current team and the coaches selection style, (which i do also) this is a renaissance in TT football and the change may not be see immediatley but over time it will be visible. 
All American

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 09:40:22 AM »

Until tomorrow.

Whats is the difference between D2 and D1 or D3? NOTHING!!only well D1 schools may have more money So, you do not make any sense. The man is a great player and is definitely a product for the future. The thing is As much as we can criticize the current team and the coaches selection style, (which i do also) this is a renaissance in TT football and the change may not be see immediatley but over time it will be visible. 
I am not sure if de man is a great player, that might be overstating a bit... and as much as this might be a changing time for tt football you also must admit de differences with de team selection and de seeming unrelated yet related coincidences about de seeming corneal agenda are too many to be just swept under de carpet. 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 09:45:54 AM »
Farrier is not a bad player i think he will do well for us long term.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 09:50:53 AM »

Until tomorrow.

I am not sure if de man is a great player, that might be overstating a bit... and as much as this might be a changing time for tt football you also must admit de differences with de team selection and de seeming unrelated yet related coincidences about de seeming corneal agenda are too many to be just swept under de carpet. 
I am not saying that the coaches does not have an agenda. But that should not take away the ability of this particular player he is just as good as any left footed player that we have right now available. With his age and teh experience he is getting no doubt he will be around for awhile.
PS. i am not a fan of the assistant coach so i have no reason to choose sides.
All American

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »
Also isn't it true that D2 and D3 may have better, more experienced players because they have less scrutiny from the National Association than at D1

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 07:19:01 AM »

Until tomorrow.

There is a significant difference between DI and DII on the one hand, and DIII on the other.  DIII schools cannot give athletic scholarships.  DI and DII schools can.  NAIA can as well.

Plenty big players in DII and NAIA as well as DI.

1]; } ?>