April 28, 2024, 08:45:02 PM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors let it slip, Shelton penalty rescue Reggae Boyz.  (Read 14259 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors let it slip, Shelton penalty rescue Reggae Boyz.
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2008, 09:18:13 PM »
[We still haven't found a solution for that left side of midfield IMO. What we doing is putting central midfielders out on the wing and hoping that it will work out and all it really doing is causing an imbalance in midfield cause both Daniel and Hyland constantly drift inside to see the ball. But because we enjoyed more possession this game we got some runs from left back down the flank.

I just liked the level of passion and intensity from this game, it was the closest thing we could get to mirroring a WCQ at this time. With the result well i always like a win and i believe winning is a habit but i don't think we will be any less confident after this game.

We have a solution, but its just that Colin Samuel on the badside of the coach right now. The depth on that side is most worrying. It seems like Keon Daniel finally stamped some auithority on a game, which is bad news for Connell. Also lets see what is developing with Aaron Downing. He most likely eh ready atall, but a few senior games against a small change CONCACAF team like Barbados, Grenada or Jamaica might do him some good.

The thing is eh... Daniel did have a decent game but a central midfielder will always sub conciously drift inside and that is what he does. What that allows is the opposition to close the gaps in the middle where the channels for the passes would need to go. People wonder why Cupid and Farrier had such a difficult game vs England and its because the wide players for England, Beckham and Downing play very wide and they stay wide as long as possible. It stretches out the defense , more space between wing backs and central defense more channels for strikers to run though and passes to go through. But Daniel is still the best we have on the left, Connell was never able to adapt to the pace of the game when he came on and his teammates got frustrated with him a bit.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2008, 09:18:43 PM »
Well since we into preperation we have JA again on AUG 1 dat is what d book say and wehave Panama me cyah remember d date. So we go be well ready 4 d semi final. Y worry wins not impt we gettin ready
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2008, 09:36:41 PM »
[We still haven't found a solution for that left side of midfield IMO. What we doing is putting central midfielders out on the wing and hoping that it will work out and all it really doing is causing an imbalance in midfield cause both Daniel and Hyland constantly drift inside to see the ball. But because we enjoyed more possession this game we got some runs from left back down the flank.

I just liked the level of passion and intensity from this game, it was the closest thing we could get to mirroring a WCQ at this time. With the result well i always like a win and i believe winning is a habit but i don't think we will be any less confident after this game.

We have a solution, but its just that Colin Samuel on the badside of the coach right now. The depth on that side is most worrying. It seems like Keon Daniel finally stamped some auithority on a game, which is bad news for Connell. Also lets see what is developing with Aaron Downing. He most likely eh ready atall, but a few senior games against a small change CONCACAF team like Barbados, Grenada or Jamaica might do him some good.

The thing is eh... Daniel did have a decent game but a central midfielder will always sub conciously drift inside and that is what he does. What that allows is the opposition to close the gaps in the middle where the channels for the passes would need to go. People wonder why Cupid and Farrier had such a difficult game vs England and its because the wide players for England, Beckham and Downing play very wide and they stay wide as long as possible. It stretches out the defense , more space between wing backs and central defense more channels for strikers to run though and passes to go through. But Daniel is still the best we have on the left, Connell was never able to adapt to the pace of the game when he came on and his teammates got frustrated with him a bit.

Nice analysis. Maybe that was why Carlos was drifting inside a lot in the England game, to make sure he did not get isolated on the wide. It eh good when the next best thing to the non-starting starter is a mid who does shy away from tackles, far less stay where the coach put him. But despite that he finally seemed to have a good game.  It was this same Connell who just said he was taken aback at how slow the team play...now what happen.

Who say bring back Evans Wise  :o
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2008, 09:41:37 PM »

Nice analysis. Maybe that was why Carlos was drifting inside a lot in the England game, to make sure he did not get isolated on the wide. It eh good when the next best thing to the non-starting starter is a mid who does shy away from tackles, far less stay where the coach put him. But despite that he finally seemed to have a good game.  It was this same Connell who just said he was taken aback at how slow the team play...now what happen.

Conell ent Impress me yet at all. I still willing to give another shot since is not like we have an abundance of players in that position. I also wouldn't mind taking up Liburd's suggestion of giving Downing a chance. He is inexperienced but has good pace.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »
Inexperience is d new fashion statement so Downing should b a shoe in
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »
There's a shocking lack of perspective afoot on this board.  Men only want victories...at seemingly any cost.  The purpose of friendlies to evaluation...player evaluation and evaluation of tactics and mid-game strategy.  If you lose by playing defensive football, but achieve your aim of evaluating your defensive play (even if they fall down on deyself...at least you know what yuh wukking wid) then you have realized the purpose of the friendly.

Save the collective angst for the games that count.

Bakes you beat me to it. I am reading the posts and asking myself the same thing. One thing very clear - not too many forumites understand this game, or the reason for friendlies.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:40 AM »
Good show Jah Gol... All in all ah guess de performance was good enough that i not hearin no cries for Pacho head as yet. Guess we will have to wait for Bermuda to see if and how we dominate them to test de metal.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2008, 04:46:35 AM »
To all my Yardie fren ,here is some advice fuh yuh bways dem.Tell dem fi learn to play like big man  and we gwine play yuh wid we big man dem.Since allyuh cyar do dat we gwine play wid we likkle bways.Wid all yuh Brits we likkle bways shudah buss unnu rass.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2008, 05:47:34 AM »

Conell ent Impress me yet at all. I still willing to give another shot since is not like we have an abundance of players in that position. I also wouldn't mind taking up Liburd's suggestion of giving Downing a chance. He is inexperienced but has good pace.

sammy is the man for that position .. does tinto play on the left btw?....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2008, 06:54:30 AM »
To all my Yardie fren ,here is some advice fuh yuh bways dem.Tell dem fi learn to play like big man  and we gwine play yuh wid we big man dem.Since allyuh cyar do dat we gwine play wid we likkle bways.Wid all yuh Brits we likkle bways shudah buss unnu rass.

Why are you giving advice to Jamaica when your team was obviously second best on the day? and who are the big boys that you speak about? Lets see:

1) Marvin Andrews. Didnt he go into faith healing full time. Does he still play competitive football?
2) Cyd Gray - hear is is eating curry somewhere in India. Do they play football in India?
3) Chris Birchall. who he playing for? does he een start for them?
4) Cornell Glen - Where is he? have he been scoring goals recently?
5) Avery John. This guy was suppoosed to have signed a bog contract after the world cup. Instead he went from the MLS to the US "A" league.
6) did I miss anyone?

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2008, 07:00:33 AM »

Why are you giving advice to Jamaica when your team was obviously second best on the day? and who are the big boys that you speak about? Lets see:

1) Marvin Andrews. Didnt he go into faith healing full time. Does he still play competitive football?
2) Cyd Gray - hear is is eating curry somewhere in India. Do they play football in India?
3) Chris Birchall. who he playing for? does he een start for them?
4) Cornell Glen - Where is he? have he been scoring goals recently?
5) Avery John. This guy was suppoosed to have signed a bog contract after the world cup. Instead he went from the MLS to the US "A" league.
6) did I miss anyone?

why yuh doh hush unno arse....JA rely on ah Bajan tuh save dem yesterday >:(.....allyuh get out play in d marvin lee

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »

sammy is the man for that position .. does tinto play on the left btw?....
Tinto plays on the right.We also have an U17 graduate from Tobago , Cyrus who is competent on the left side. I think he is with Jabloteh now.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2008, 08:12:55 AM »
Any other pfl player plays on the left?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
RF and Lionpaw allyuh take in Jamaica goal celebration??

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Shelton runs to the byline, another jamaica jumps on his back and rides him and proceeds to simulate whipping him like a donkey.

CHI CHI MAN ah get kick inna faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »
Tinto plays on the right.We also have an U17 graduate from Tobago , Cyrus who is competent on the left side. I think he is with Jabloteh now.

When Cyrus matures he could be a good player for T&T. He is mobile, tracks back well and he played defence in the U-17 world cup, so he not afraid to put in a tackle. Im not sure if he is a natural wing man though. But he still young enough to train that position.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »
I'm glad we didn't win going in to the first real meaningful game in ah year( bermuda).

there are still some kinks to iron out, and if losing or a draw against any team whether JA or other wise can give us a clear prospective of where we are and what we need to work on then fine , but i much rather lose to JA and learn where i'm lacking than to beat them and have a unrealistic assesment of our team's position.

i think ppl expect too much from our players , and of course bragging rights are important to some , but let's not lose prospective, the real issue is to improve and learn from faults and mistakes made in these practice games.

beating bermuda home and away should be our only concern, going back and forth with the like of RF  and 2099  is utter fackry.

our concerns should be with bermuda, BC them boys comming to win, jamdown should be concerned as well BC bahamas has the same ambition.

but in all actuallity, we want to get by bermuda and the semifinal round before we start braggin about who better than who , and we cant do that if KJ is out until God knows when, and stern can't carry the team on his shoulders by him self for ah second time.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »
Not seeing the match a draw is a good result for the Reggae Boyz. For T&T, not so much.
jjbrown

1]; } ?>