April 26, 2024, 01:34:23 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs JA  (Read 8374 times)

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs JA
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 01:38:52 PM »
Thanks for the report  :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 01:43:06 PM »
Question:

Were Hayden Tinto or Atullah Guerra on de bench?  If not, why not?
Tinto was supposed to be on the bench against England. I don' know what happened. Perhaps he Guerra went to sign for an unnamed club in Europe as well.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 01:43:55 PM »
touches dis report was CORK...yes ah said it..CORK

until i see maturana start bein ah man he name is matthewrana (allyuh rememba matthew?)..y dont u want a full list of players to chose from...when dis friggin experimentin goin an done?...from all that went by in all those past games our concacaf rivals wid f**k us wit a cold hard prick...why dont they bring back into the fold men like Guerra, Sealey, Patterson, Jamil James, Tinto, an d countless Soca Warriors allyuh wanna leff out in d cold?...carter and connell are keepers imho... hyland much was expected from him but i think we can stick wit him hopin his game matures..rememba he young..my boy whitley boss as usual...scottie hard worker but no support...edwards poor crossin...defense belky belky...allyuh see hondurous or costa rica lately? or mexico or panama or usa?...they will run rings around dis side...daz bout 5 side i call dey an only 3 makin it to WC..hmm...look at dat maths

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
Excellent report, but I disagree with your Carlos assessment!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 02:05:06 PM »
Question:

Were Hayden Tinto or Atullah Guerra on de bench?  If not, why not?
Better question! where in the hek was daryl Roberts ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
Rf  for both you and Lionpaw

Both teams played poorly.

Both teams had periods of the game where they maintained possession but it usually was at the back and meaningless. Both teams are poor offensively and no real clear cut chances were made by either team.

You could see the gulf in class between foreign and local based players on both teams in terms of fitness, touch composure etc. King was the best for you on the night but he has no supporting cast. He on another level and the passes, plays he doing etc not being read by some of the other players.

The wildman brand exhibited by your team would be punished by a competent referee.

I find your team has a better willingness to shoot to goal. However all your corners and free kicks were easily dealt with, unimaginative or poorly executed.

Your team was fourtunate to get a penalty but I would say the draw is a fair result.

I expected more from JA and the performance in Kingston was better. You should be worried if this is your strongest team. Work plenty work to do by Simoes.

I am not neccesarily concerned about Jamaica. For the time being, what we are seeing here is good enough to get us by the bahamas. I expect us to intensify training (better opponents for friendly games) as we progress. This is only Simoes 3rd game back in charge, he is still feeling his way around with formations etc. I believe he stwitche formations twice in the game last night.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 02:09:40 PM »
Andre no scene...

But what did he do different from the England game? It was the same case of him getting the ball, beating one or two and then no end product.

He play the same way as he did vs England.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 02:22:06 PM »
Andre no scene...

But what did he do different from the England game? It was the same case of him getting the ball, beating one or two and then no end product.

He play the same way as he did vs England.

Jes admit yuh is a foreign based lover jes like Wim & Beenie and done de ole talk nah man... ;D

BTW...any word yet from dem people?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »
Thanks Touches Eman great in sight bout d seats. A rumour is dat d game sun go b at Marvin Lee anybody could confirm b4 I seek out a flight 2 bgo
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 02:33:19 PM »
i dunno why it hav a forign vs local debate..fact is foreign based were once local based and through hard work grit and professionalism on and off d field got to where they are and maintainin their status out there...unlike jamaica who flash ah ganja leaf in d nightsky like batman symbol and ah setta britz who like jerk chicken come runnin out d woodwork

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 02:36:27 PM »
i dunno why it hav a forign vs local debate..fact is foreign based were once local based and through hard work grit and professionalism on and off d field got to where they are and maintainin their status out there...unlike jamaica who flash ah ganja leaf in d nightsky like batman symbol and ah setta britz who like jerk chicken come runnin out d woodwork

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 03:04:12 PM »
i agree wid touches assessment on carlos tho..i heard eveyone saying he played poorly on the board b4 i saw the game..but to me based on what i saw he was getting the ball and looking for options that never came..most times he only had scotland to aim at wen he got the ball wide...
as for the not pulling into an acceptable position that is a concern tho..buh i doh think carlos just develop starboy mentality jus so..i think men reaching on this board...

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »
Touches...nice...but damn your report alway give me a headache......its seem that the standard of play by our players keep droping with some of them....and either local or foreign coach the problem the same...damn what next..

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2008, 07:06:20 PM »
Ince - Is a boss and we have no problems in the goal keeping area.

Tallest - Still the best and sometimes underated

Hislop - Learning from playing with Tallest

Adams(left bacl) Have tallent but shaky bad.

Smith - Have talant but no head for the game

Ince trying real hard to teach them the game...me real ball at them
Smith get a throw to take, the ref distracted so Hislop telling the youth...move up the line...let the ref tell you to move back if he have to...my boy ent read the play. We in the stands have to ball on him to move up.

Keon Daniel have talent but he way too small. Only getting bounced off the ball.
Hyland have talent size skill but no speed. Could not undwerstand why he was switching out on the wing total waste

CARLOS EDWARDS NEEDS A PURGE As an experienced player he have to support the wing back. It is the same thing he did to Cyd in the Iceland game(I was at field side to witness it myself so this is not hearsay). A girl next to me saying he playing like he tired. Everybody was glad when they take him off.

Whitley - Captain Marvel.

Scotland - Probably not our No. 1 striker but he needs to be on the team all the time.

Maturana -??? What the heck was that formation.Why the hell are we playing so defensive....against Jamaica.... Everybody holding behind the ball giving the Jakans much too much respect.

The Media - Why no news team I saw tonight showed Carter's disallowed goal(which by the way was a good goal) I don't even think it was in any of the news papers either..... What the @#$%^???

No. 17 was Connel right ??? Played tata, could not trap or pass the ball. everyone in my section wanted him taken back off. Hard luck bout the injury though.

Carter right now should be keeping Carlos off the side. Could be a bit taller though.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2008, 07:17:15 PM »
Hislop learning 2 play wit Tallest who else think dat d seniors and d youngsters playin 2gether is a good idea
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2008, 07:21:27 PM »
Ah nearly forget Telesford.....what they used to call Cyd Gray.........WILD MAN
man only flying in and them Jakans only side stepping him and watching him slide by

Somebody please tell him to stay on his feet !!!!!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2008, 08:16:17 PM »
touches....carols was rubbish.... maybe there was a reason...who knows
good report... but yuh know opinions are like assholes.... everybody got one
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »
You cannot be that stupid.
What did T&T promise Brazilian-reject Seabra and England-reject Birchell?
jjbrown

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 08:44:39 AM »

Sorry bro, we got over those players now, time to move on. And if Birchall do come back, we will only have one on the squad as to your team who have about 20....Seabra has never played for T&T in a world cup game and is a full Trini now but cannot make the team.... and will never.... so you point in invalid...

I guess you need all the help you can get, if you cant win, then buy de blasted cup....

I prefer we go out as Warriors than we have to field 11 foreign born players for T&T... we ave to much talent in T&T.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:46:17 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 08:48:23 AM »
Boyz starting to gell
TD impressed with team spirit
Sean Williams
Monday, June 09, 2008

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad - Technical director of Jamaica's football, Brazilian Rene Simoes, said he was delighted with the spirit exhibited by the Reggae Boyz in their 1-1 draw with fierce rivals the Soca Warriors of Trinidad and Tobago in a friendly international near here on Saturday.

"Firstly, our group is starting to get together and this is very important.the players are now happy with whoever goes in and comes out. I hope one day they will be a family. Today (Saturday), the World Cup spirit was there and I like that," he said.

He said that spirit which fuelled a rallying effort from the Boyz as they tied the game against the Soca Warriors in the dying moments, was well represented, especially by the second half substitutes.

"I also liked the spirit of the players who came into the game like Omar Daley, Jermaine Johnson, Luton Shelton, Deon Burton. The spirit is so important because sometimes when you put a player on the bench and he comes into the game he thinks he's not important, so he does not give everything," said Simoes.

Trinidad took the lead in Saturday's game in the 30th minute through Khaleem Hyland, but Jamaica fought back and evened the account through Shelton, who scored from the penalty spot in the 90th minute after he was cut down by goalkeeper Clayton Ince as he charged the opponents' goal.

The tied result did not truly reflect Jamaica's offensive superiority, having got numerous opportunities to embarrass an otherwise solid-looking Trinidad team stacked with a number of their overseas-based professionals.[/color]

But what is conclusive is that players and supporters of both countries left the Marvin Lee Stadium relieved that they had not lost the game, the second in a two-match friendly series with the first also ending in a draw (2-2) in Kingston on March 26.

Simoes, who partnered with the Jamaican people to see the country to its first World Cup Finals back in France 1998, said Saturday's game was one he wanted to win.

"I think we more than deserved to draw the game...we did create more chances to score than they did, so I am pleased for that. It's a Caribbean derby and we were really going for the win," he said.

The Brazilian, six months into his new stint in charge of Jamaica's technical football programme, faced bitter criticism from the Jamaican football fans when the Boyz squandered a comfortable 2-0 lead against the Warriors in Kingston in the first leg when the team was reduced in strength after wholesale changes were made to allow local and inexperienced talent to come to the fore.

Simoes was not prepared to repeat that mistake in the second game and fielded a strong team with eight foreign-based pros answering the referee's first whistle.

"I think generally this team is being born and this is good.the shape of the team, the movement, the co-ordination, the beautiful set plays. It's all good," he said.

Simoes said he intends to stay with the 3-5-2 formation as long as it suits the team, but expressed concern with that holding midfield position which Oneil Thompson played until he was substituted at half-time by Daley after an atrocious back pass gave Trinidad their go-ahead goal.

"I like this system (3-5-2) because it gives Bibi (Ricardo Gardner) more freedom, but (Rudolph) Austin needs a little time to adjust to that position. But my concern now is, where is Peter Cargill?" Simoes was making reference to the late World Cup veteran who ruled as king in that midfield role for Jamaica for a lengthy spell before retiring.

When Thompson was replaced, 17-year-old Evon Taylor, who started the game in a more attacking midfield role, was reverted in the defensive midfield slot and did a decent job there.

"We have Evon Taylor, who has come into the team and the way he has played is amazing, he does not care if he plays at the National Stadium or he plays here (Trinidad) or whether it is on grass or artificial turf, he's so good," said Simoes in praise of the Reno FC player.

Simoes' 21-man squad arrived in Grenada yesterday for another friendly against that nation's team tomorrow at the Grenada National Stadium in the capital St George's starting at 4:00 pm (3:00 pm local time).

And he said he will be going for nothing short of a win.

"We will go for the same team because they will have to get to know each other, they have to get along. Maybe what I will do is to make the changes earlier...we need a result, we need to win this game to preserve our reputation and to improve our FIFA ranking," he noted.

Toronto FC's defender Tyrone Marshall is due to join the group in Grenada.

After the Grenada game, the Boyz will turn their attention to Sunday's CONCACAF World Cup qualifying tie against The Bahamas in Jamaica.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:50:41 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2008, 09:01:34 AM »
Wha allyuh think bout putting Carlos in de middle?
we despertae ah wha

Yeah...we are actually
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »
jamaica209,,,,,,, Simoes fraid de Jamaican public he will say anything. I dont expect him to bad talk de team with 1 week left before the qualifiers start. Remember what happened when we tied you guys in JAM, they almost kill him...

Gel, my ass..... he beat St Vincent and talk about de team gelling... STEUPS !!!!

Jamaica had no flow in the T&T game, they were good in sputs. T&T team looked more solid. Jamaica might not be a bad team, but they need more work and yes, same with T&T, but we further ahead because we have a local core..... once the English league starts back your team will be grasping for straws..

You guys continue trying to convience yourself...... de only gel allyuh gelling is hair gel...

De Reggae Pussies new logo...

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:08:10 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »
1) Carlos not back to his best yet...I will give him a good pre-season before I write him off. I wouldn't say he play shite but I don't agree with Touches saying he beat one or two men. He collect the ball and do some twistign and turning  while looking for the pass...but he didn get past nobody (IMO).

2) Jamaica have many more positives from this game because they CREATED chances, and they managed a draw. In Jamaica, we have to admit we get lucky because only after they made subs did we come back into the game. This rounds, they were in it for the whole 90 even if they lucky to get a draw in the end. So from a coaching point of view, they have more to be pleased with after this game while we have more to worry about.

3) Hyland/ Whitley : the major problem is probably the Gerrard/Lampard problem we seem to be developing with Whitley and Hyland. I have to agree with Alvin Corneal's assessment after the England game(which upsets me to remember that the man really could contribute to the country's advancement if he would get past his own agenda). Basically, Hyland and Whitley doh have their roles clearly defined which is why they get in each other's way as Touches pointed out. Neither are entirely creative or defensive so they both try to do everything.

4) Telesford: I doh mind Telesford being there because Cyd was a wild man before he learn to the game under Beenie. And the best place to have a wild man is in the middle of the field rather than in the defence to give away penalties. He have the hustle , the heart and the fight. And it was our biggest problem against England, too much time on the ball and nobody tackling. So I glad to see they addressed that, or at least trying to. He could develop in that role throughout the campaign.

5) Defence: Hislop will develop next to Tallest, hopefully we have Julius James in the mix too once he start to make too much news in MLS to ignore him.
The wingbacks...change of personnel. But then again, I will have to scour all the pro-league teams to see what on offer first because since Brian Williams and Marvin faustin I think we cry down every wing back that was on the national team since. and once they were gone and the new ones came, we miss them. Remember how nobody rate Cyd Gray? Remember nobody rate Nigel Daniel? Now I hearing calls for them like if they are our saviours. Avery John used to get fight down too...but his was more 50/50 with ppl agreeing he could defend but that was all he could do, passing and overlapping out of the question.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2008, 09:28:45 AM »

Sorry bro, we got over those players now, time to move on. And if Birchall do come back, we will only have one on the squad as to your team who have about 20....Seabra has never played for T&T in a world cup game and is a full Trini now but cannot make the team.... and will never.... so you point in invalid...

I guess you need all the help you can get, if you cant win, then buy de blasted cup....

I prefer we go out as Warriors than we have to field 11 foreign born players for T&T... we ave to much talent in T&T.
That spin won't work. And since your statement is obviously aimed at calling even the  100% naturally born Jamaicans foreign players alongside the 6 or 7 English-Jamaican born Reggae Boyz that is a venture I support 100%.
The US has benefitted from this by naturalising football players for their programme e.g. Freddy Adu and Altidore are just 2 that comes to mind. T&T did the same with Seabras and failed. And now other smaller Caribbean nations are following suit.
So please stop being a total hypocrite and face the truth: T&T is failing where Jamaica and other nations succeed.
PS. In case you forgot, Chris Birchell was the foreign-born player who scored the equalising goal in T&T against Bahrain during the 1st playoff qualifier.    
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »
jamaica209,,,,,,, Simoes fraid de Jamaican public he will say anything. I dont expect him to bad talk de team with 1 week left before the qualifiers start. Remember what happened when we tied you guys in JAM, they almost kill him...

Gel, my ass..... he beat St Vincent and talk about de team gelling... STEUPS !!!!

Jamaica had no flow in the T&T game, they were good in sputs. T&T team looked more solid. Jamaica might not be a bad team, but they need more work and yes, same with T&T, but we further ahead because we have a local core..... once the English league starts back your team will be grasping for straws..

You guys continue trying to convience yourself...... de only gel allyuh gelling is hair gel...

De Reggae Pussies new logo...

You do realize how stupid you sound, right. You spelling and speech reads like someone frothing at the mouth as if in an asylum.
Take a breather and return with better manners. 
jjbrown

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2008, 12:00:36 PM »
Dear Forumites,

Maturana my dear readers is simply “forming track for gouti to run” and with each passing game the tracks getting not only deeper, but resembling a carriageway, asphalt and shoulder included.

As mentioned before, it only takes so long before a player is found out. The bag of magic dust finishing if you will and Smith, Daniel, Telesford, A Edwards and to a lesser extent Hyland and Hislop all seem to be running on “E”

It is no fault of their own, they simply are not up to international World Cup standards as yet and our TT team is not a collection of the best XI in the nation but rather a training exercise, with the purpose of auditioning players for contracts overseas, providing comic relief for opponents and heart attack moments for nationals, whilst providing a hole in the pocket for the die hards of TT.

This hadda be the quote of the year-so-far for me.  Them few line had Tony Cozier written all over it dey sah  ;D

I think if we stick to this present team, then I have no chioce but to give up the dream.  I hearing talk about give them time, they young they will learn, they wil be ready by 2010 etc., but my fears are that THEY DON;T HAVE UNTIL 2010 !

Their time is NOW, the qualifiers start next week and if they don't show form now, there will be no tomorrow and so we might as well forget about 2009, by which time we done take we exit.  If we maintain the stance with the locals making up the core team, where are they going to improve their skills...in the PFL ?

We already seeing what standard the PFL have to offer if indeed these guys are the "best", and NT training is just 1 or 2 days a week during the season, so where they going to improve ?  Maybe we could continue to pay $300 a game to see them play Grenada, Guyana and Suriname et al, to boost their spirits and gain experience.  Not my frigging money again so easy nah.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
Great overall assesment touches. The road to South Africa is looking to be a very hard one, we need to do alot of work especially with our local based pros. As touches said it is not their fault they are not up to international standard but the mare fact they play in a league that is of a very poor quality only experince at international level can make them better as we are seeing with whitley. Keep working hard guys :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
How u go say d Pro League eh good blasphemy

1]; } ?>