March 28, 2024, 08:57:44 AM

Author Topic: Fransico Maturana !!  (Read 5354 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fransico Maturana !!
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »
Yeah we struggle wit lower level teams but dat was pre WCQ. So 4give me 4 being naive dat after d WC we wouldd progress and play teams in Concacaf and not d CFU
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »
Nah Bakes, coaching today is a lot more about getting your ideas across to the players. No one operating inside of a bubble, PR is a major part of being an international coach. You also have to have a relationship with your fans. Players and coaches can get fine thrown (not just in soccer) at them for not making themselves available to the press, especially after a big game.

All I hearing is reasons why it would be nice to have a coach that speaks English...so that he could communicate with the Soca Warrior fan base.  I'm yet to hear how his failure to address fans/media in English impacts his coaching.  Yeah, it's a nice PR move to have him volunteer to read them stories for some lucky child as he tucks them into bed at night.  Maybe he could host a sports day for school chirren and give all ah dem ice cream...nice PR move too.  How does any of that impact the performance/achievement of the team?

Allyuh get feed so much bullshit coming out ah Europe with some ah these managers who never see ah camera that they didn't like...to the point that allyuh get spoilt and losing sight of the big picture.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 08:12:18 PM »
Yeah we struggle wit lower level teams but dat was pre WCQ. So 4give me 4 being naive dat after d WC we wouldd progress and play teams in Concacaf and not d CFU

ah think people forget we was beating Mexico, and having good outing against Costa Rica... dispelling de likes of Guatemala and Honduras... Panama who had good team that year and destroyed Yard.

In de absence of light even a glimmer does seem satisfactory....

Im not truly impressed with Pacho and de Cornmeals and de biggest problem is dat we wont really test de metal until we get a next descent friendly because I dont consider bermuda, Bim, St. Vincent, Grenada, Panama, Cuba as such... I revoke de right to diss Haiti because dem boys have a knack for de sport dey could just never get dey shit right or they players always running away from camp...Lets go play Venezuela, Canada, Chile, Colombia..... I would have more respect for Pacho.  Man give me a dam Paraguay for crying out loud but not impressed so far and I dont give a dam.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »
It doh matter who we play once we win 4 get dat is Bim we win
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 08:38:36 PM »

and weary ah done hearin some of meh fellow forunites saying "easy grasshopper everything takes time"
I woulds be satisfied with this if we totally dominated Jamrock. We was on de back foot for big parts of de game. I'll give credit where credit is due and is long time ah ent see we score first. Dat was like gold.
Dat is de only reason i not saying off with his head but rather Im not fully impressed.

but make no mistake... unless dude have a magic wand to hit dis team with, we not doing USA, Costa Rica, Mexico and Honduras nothing far less for reaching to de big stage and having at least a beenhakker descent showing. (defence)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 08:42:45 PM »
USA, Cuba and Guatemala once we get pass d short pants men. In between we play JA again and Panama while USA playin d full England squad and Argentina

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 08:11:14 AM »

and weary ah done hearin some of meh fellow forunites saying "easy grasshopper everything takes time"
I woulds be satisfied with this if we totally dominated Jamrock. We was on de back foot for big parts of de game. I'll give credit where credit is due and is long time ah ent see we score first. Dat was like gold.
Dat is de only reason i not saying off with his head but rather Im not fully impressed.

but make no mistake... unless dude have a magic wand to hit dis team with, we not doing USA, Costa Rica, Mexico and Honduras nothing far less for reaching to de big stage and having at least a beenhakker descent showing. (defence)

Doh hurry de curry as dey say ..... It takes time. remembeer we were far behind Jamaica just a year ago ! Check the records of our last meetings before Maturana, also check the report on our performance in Jamaica. Yes we drew in Jamaica but that was after they took off their stars . Compare that with our last performance. I agree that we have a long way to go but what I am looking at is whether there has been improvement in the team.
I would say that I can see some of that , although I have not been to many games and rely on the game commentary....
I believe we want the same thing but I am not even looking beyond the next game ...it is game by game for me ...are we prepared for Bermuda I would say yes ... For USA, Mexico or Costa Rica ...at this point a definite no..but it's just like exams .... one month to go who is ready ? ..but come the day if there has been serious effort ...you are ready !
So that is my philosophy .... you must learn to walk before you can run ...critisism ...the team is tooo slow, too naive, especially in defence, too unambitious, lack indivoidual brilliance, still trying to gel as a team .... etc.
but that takes time ...
just my write..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41:51 AM »
Yes but we have noooooooooo time if is 2010 but we ready 4 2014

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 10:58:23 AM »
Yes but we have noooooooooo time if is 2010 but we ready 4 2014

Dont panic..what is important is that we get it right when it matters ...all for now we are still experimenting ...the journey only now start... mexico eh happy wid their coach either...and I dont know if part of his criteria for selection was dat he could speak to the press in spanish.
The mexican coach is swedish and they were trounced 4-1 by argentina a far cry from the result they obtained in their last meeting.
You tink jamaica happy wid dem two draws ?? ..when they were just becoming accustomed to callin we three points in de bag ?
Venezuela beat Brazil, as Dunga was experimenting with new players ...you should read his comments after the game . Maturana is new to T&T football and in fact so are we ! There are new players on the scene some of whom are schoolboys !
We need to test them and we cant do that in WC competition .... that is what the coach is doing.
I eh have no brief for de man ..but he has made a positive start in my books and I am willing to look at what he is willing to show us ...
Dais all

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »
4give me for not being concern bout Mexico etal is just that 4 yrs ago we was at dis pt wit BSC y 4 yrs later we still in dissaray come sun I wherever d game is but if it was not 4 dis site I done 4get bout dis football like I did until Latas un retire. Dat is when I got emotionally involve now I fightin 2 find some emotions and 2yrs ago 2 d day I was in Dortmund proud like a peacock

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »
4give me for not being concern bout Mexico etal is just that 4 yrs ago we was at dis pt wit BSC y 4 yrs later we still in dissaray come sun I wherever d game is but if it was not 4 dis site I done 4get bout dis football like I did until Latas un retire. Dat is when I got emotionally involve now I fightin 2 find some emotions and 2yrs ago 2 d day I was in Dortmund proud like a peacock

Keep the faith bro .. :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »
Is sis c u sun we SJ supporters have 2 stick 2gether

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 11:14:11 AM »

Keep the faith bro .. :beermug:

take care ya ent get ah message like this eh :devil:
Quote from: weary1969
I is ah woman
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 11:17:32 AM »
West yuh 2 idle

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »

In de next thread they arguing about Jack Warner pros and cons...

When 4 years ago we was in de same boat... 4 years before that and 4 years again before that too... we always in de same damn leaky boat

all who want to claim Jack Warner take we to a World Cup... I am here to tell you that a broken clock is right two times a day....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »
We taught we did plug d leaks we were soooooooooo wrong

1]; } ?>