March 28, 2024, 03:41:57 PM

Author Topic: Recalling all players from last WC : S.O.S.  (Read 5917 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Recalling all players from last WC : S.O.S.
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »
 It is with utter amazement that I read all the reports of the  previous games. There appears in some camps to be widespread displacement of blame for our performance; we have in many instances created 'scapegoats' for our team's performance.

What was the purpose of the friendlies?  Are these games not intended to  evaluate and to assess the team's strengths and weakness?  Or are they intended to  build someone's coffers?
 Friendlies are part of a process not the final product. Did our process fail?

It would appear that prior to last WC we had the similar debacles. Last minute arranged friendlies; we started with a coach who for intent  was an experiment; when  we were at the midway point and collect 5 from Guatemala, change of coach!!!!

Now we are roused into a similar frenzy with blame: blame JW; blame TTFF blame the ineptitude of some players; blame the Corneals; blame the system.; blame alleged blacklist..... it's endless scapegoating  for what we believe is unacceptable performances.

We have high expectations for success; this is good.  But what  do we really want  to see ? what  will it take to satisfy this insatiable appetite we have to be dominant? The frustrations that is felt and expressed appears to be with the way in which the powers to be seems to be playing Russian roulette --- a potentially lethal game of chance with our WC drive. It is unnerving to know that for once, we appear to have  depth and quality players to choose from yet, some believe that  it is a given that we could get pass certain teams with less talented players. Are we that complacent? or are  we arrogant enough to think that Bermuda will be a walk in the park?[/u]

Reports of the past games suggest that we  are still not a cohesive and well balanced team in our attack or defensive schemes; our mid fielders are suspect. So why take chances in the early rounds and risk a repeat of last WC qualifiers. Remember it took a while to finally bring 'Tallest' into the squad.

I am advocating that all parties put their collective differences aside, get  BEST  available players and let's get on  with a serious drive in these WC qualifiers.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:32:24 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Time to put all the eggs in one basket
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:20:30 PM »
what u  saying just chill cause when jack realise we gonna get eliminated ,and he will lose millions in gate receipts ,he will bawl up at the corneails and fix everything fast fast .Sounds like a typical jack plan ,ans like u say we have enough talent to maybe pull it off ............of all the teams i back this is the most backwards and unprofessional of them all .

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Time to put all the eggs in one basket
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 10:35:06 PM »
come nah geh me some props of making sense of this post nah jkab

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have what it takes? : Time to put all the eggs in one basket
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:53:20 AM »
At hat point  could a mediator step in and resolve all this nonsense?

There just seems to be this  sense ' that at this time we have the  collective individuals to take us through the qualifiers. Is this a' pipe dream' or  could the coaches be  seeing  untapped potential that has not been realized as yet?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »
A.B. Trini it is a lot of politics taking place with the TTFF.
 1- Exposing young talents so as to get contracts abroad. Not a problem if it is for the good of the youths. However it is pure economics and greed.
2- Jack brief to the coaching staff is to unearth new talent so that most of the blacklisted will never wear a national shirt again.
 3- The Corneals with Jack run the Circus that is T&T football and they will not rock the boat, Lincoln I thought had integrity but he is also part of the old Maple Mafia and dont want to lose out on overseas trips.
 The bottom line is Who pays the piper calls the tune.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
AH FACKING GAIN... same shit different day...STEUUUUUUUUPPPSSS !!

Continue AB.Trini, yuh heading straight for ah park bench in Woodford square.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »
A B Trini i believe everything you say...my pointerview to that is none...i don't know what going on with ttff and players in general...the reason i say that  is because i don't think Trinidad and Tobago is ready for international football until they get their act together  starting from the top....I'm not here to blame anyone...just wanted the shit to stop and really get down to business...it seem that other team with in the concacaf are on the up and up....(Hon) and Haiti...even Jam frighting to get back there...but T&T...i just don't know...thinking and reading about the team and players... is headache

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 10:08:40 AM »
Thats quite ironic berris, cuz i did see AB Woodford Square de udda day.

He was wearing a carboard sign that crudely spelt out, "The end is near."
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 10:27:38 AM »
It is unnerving to know that for once, we appear to have  depth and quality players to choose from yet, some believe that  it is a given that we could get pass certain teams with less talented players.

I have been fortunate to see all of the recent games and not have to rely on reports, and I do not necessarily agree with this statement when discussing going into the World Cup qualifiers.  As in every WC campaign, a coach has to play with the hand he is dealt and optimize the performance of the players by a sound technical approach.  I have not seen a sound technical approach.  What I have seen is sub-par opponents and results to match.

Reports of the past games suggest that we  are still not a cohesive and well balanced team in our attack or defensive schemes; our mid fielders are suspect. So why take chances in the early rounds and risk a repeat of last WC qualifiers. Remember it took a while to finally bring 'Tallest' into the squad.

I am one for trusting in a coach.  If Matu cannot figure it out and Jack is spending "his" money to pay him then Jack has to get rid of him.  The semi-final group will not be easy and if we do not settle on a squad and a sound technical approach to the game utilizing the players available (whether Jacklisted or not) and players knowing and understanding their roles, we will not only get beat but embarassed.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »
When we get embarass go b Hunt fault
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 11:10:23 AM »
i wonder if we not getting ahead of ourselves here a bit ??? ...we want to climb Mount Everest right ? well the journey starts with a single step ! we doh jump from the base to the top !
Our first opponent is Bermuda ...are we ready for dat ? If we are not then folks may have a point ...if we are then folks need to look and learn ...
All dis doom and gloom eh go make de team better !
Like all yuh want Mourinho or what ? If he come all yuh eh tink he go take some time to get to know where the talented players are and what they can do under pressure ?
You dont get that info by Osmosis folks .... give the man a chance ....when we play our next game it will be with the team the coach is convinced will get the job done at this time. That does not mean that this will be the same team for later games.. all yuh forget Pele was a sub in 1958 or that Shaka was a sub for Jack in de last WC ?
Way all yuh want

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »
i wonder if we not getting ahead of ourselves here a bit ??? ...we want to climb Mount Everest right ? well the journey starts with a single step ! we doh jump from the base to the top !
Our first opponent is Bermuda ...are we ready for dat ? If we are not then folks may have a point ...if we are then folks need to look and learn ...
All dis doom and gloom eh go make de team better !
Like all yuh want Mourinho or what ? If he come all yuh eh tink he go take some time to get to know where the talented players are and what they can do under pressure ?
You dont get that info by Osmosis folks .... give the man a chance ....when we play our next game it will be with the team the coach is convinced will get the job done at this time. That does not mean that this will be the same team for later games.. all yuh forget Pele was a sub in 1958 or that Shaka was a sub for Jack in de last WC ?
Way all yuh want
not to be disrespectful but  are u you on crack now is not the time to be experimenting this is  world cup qualifiers  like u forget . do you see mexico , usa costa rica haite experimenting they already have there squad for the qualifiers  right now they just fine tuning them , Right now we still TRYINGGGGG to build a squad.its like u study for a exam tomorrow so u craming .is de same shit we doing every world cup qualifier waiting for the last moment to do what they call experimenting. we lucky last qualifiers because we got a don of a coach benhacker but lighting those not strike the same place twice.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »
Fellas we could get what coach we want, the coach  cannot achieve success with average material to work with. The technical ability of the players will always dictate the tactics employed by the coach. We cannot play 4-5-1 if the forward cannot hold up the ball and the mids cannot provide the support if the forward do hold up the ball. We cannot force play wide if we know our fullbacks are slow and not good at 1v1. The coach can only do so much. Technique (or the lack thereof is) killing us.

Our team is like running windows 95 on a dial up connection with no antivirus. Like entering a brothel with no condoms. Like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Like the USA in Iraq.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 07:49:55 PM »
When we get embarass go b Hunt fault

And we guh BOO him tooo
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 05:51:22 AM »
I will never forget a man with a big Poster walking around the Stadium when Gally was in charge of the Strike Squad. Pressure was placed on Gally to include Nakid in the squad. Gally said he was still experimenting.
 The Poster read-"If Gally at this stage still experimenting he should look for a wuk at CARIRI'= priceless.
 We have to give the Coach the opportunity to coach. My beef is a lot of good players still young are not being seen by this coach.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »
ent are saying this  all along.... I eh think we have the team yet where we could  simply show up and the other team drop dead!!!!!

Nah every flipping  team we play is ah struggle to earn a victory. Right now Ethiopia will give we ah fight.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »
Patience is a vertue.... if we doh look good against Bermuda in the home and away ... time to talk. We have not played a game yet and man done panicing. Allyuh fellas need ah drink to cooldown the nerver yes :beermug:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 11:49:42 AM »
ent are saying this  all along.... I eh think we have the team yet where we could  simply show up and the other team drop dead!!!!!

Nah every flipping  team we play is ah struggle to earn a victory. Right now Ethiopia will give we ah fight.
..Really!..every team or you just referring to one or two?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 11:51:25 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
ent are saying this  all along.... I eh think we have the team yet where we could  simply show up and the other team drop dead!!!!!Nah every flipping  team we play is ah struggle to earn a victory. Right now Ethiopia will give we ah fight.
lol When did we ever had a team where we could just show up and the other team drop dead?..I love my socawarriors but cant remember when we ever had a team that dynamic...Mexico and U.S has that "drop dead" effect on their Concacaf rivals
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 11:58:22 AM by Sando prince »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »
Ent are saying that we should be more decisive with our player selection and approach to these qualifiers especially against these  'so called lesser' teams.

The level of their motivation when playing us must be at at all time high and what we playing? "Russian Roulette' Instead of 'arming we team with al the best we still experimenting!!!

Then the audacity of some men to make light of the  postings. Oh well; who doh feel does suffer'

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
By the sentiments being expressed it appears  to be too late for a major recall of players which took us to the WC?
Imagine what that may have been like if the majority of those players were drafted early  on in the build up to  qualifiers? The core and the foundation was already there. One of two players to replace Marvin Andrews, Yorke and Latapy and you know what..... we would not have had to experiment  so much with youth and inexperience players.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Oops  Marvin is on d road 2 recovery
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Recalling all players from last WC ? : Did the process fail?
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 07:18:38 PM »
 Will this wake up call, result in a review of the players we ought to call up for the next round?

Where is A. John; J.James; C.Birchall? C.Glenn?

Is C.Samuel; Sancho in shape?

Who else ought to be here to answer the bell for round two?

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »
If this jackass coach does not have a look at ALL our availible players, our cutasss BOOKED for this upcoming group stage.. Best believe that,.

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 07:43:42 PM »
If this jackass coach does not have a look at ALL our availible players, our cutasss BOOKED for this upcoming group stage.. Best believe that,.

agreed, 115%
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
Dat obvious we just did not want 2 not make it 2 d semis. Dat team wit dat coach eh winning a game on d road and home go b real difficult. But wait where is home again Giants Stadium

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 07:46:32 PM »
If this jackass coach Special Advisor, and his cohorts, the Cornmeals does not have a look at ALL our availible players, our cutasss BOOKED for this upcoming group stage.. Best believe that,.
had to tidy that up for you ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »
If this jackass coach Special Advisor, and his cohorts, the Cornmeals does not have a look at ALL our availible players, our cutasss BOOKED for this upcoming group stage.. Best believe that,.

Hey thanks bro.  LOL

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 07:51:04 PM »

Hey thanks bro.  LOL
I am of the belief that Mats between a rock harded man and a couple ah yes men oui
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 08:00:17 PM »

Hey thanks bro.  LOL
I am of the belief that Mats between a rock harded man and a couple ah yes men oui

Fawk him still tho.. He hadda go

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>