March 28, 2024, 05:40:18 AM

Author Topic: Warner: Let's work together for the youth.  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner: Let's work together for the youth.
« on: June 09, 2008, 02:24:50 AM »
Warner: Let's work together for the youth.
By: Mark Pouchet (Express).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser Jack Warner has called on the Ministry of Sport and the Government to work together for the betterment of the country's youth.

The FIFA vice-president made the appeal during his address at the T&TFF's end-of-season awards ceremony and lunch at the ballroom of Hilton Trinidad yesterday.

In detailing his latest initiative to help Trinidad and Tobago's youth, the CFU and CONCACAF president recounted his visit to Dorata Street, Laventille on Saturday when he distributed more than $50,000 worth of football equipment to that community.

"But I cannot do it all by myself," Warner emphasised, before concluding: "My political opponents must understand that to help solve the problem with the youth in the country, they don't need to live with me, they don't need to sleep with me, they don't need to sit down and eat with me, but, God knows, we must work together."

The start of Warner's address was less conciliatory than his conclusion. The UNC Chaguanas West MP described citizens of T&T as "an enigma...puzzle" that was full of contrast.

The controversial and outspoken football official stated that we live in a country where the more money you spend on national security, "the less secure we are".

Warner tied the metaphor to football by saying: "Everybody wants to know how much money you make from football, but not how much money you spend on it."

He added that there was a request for an audit, that would soon be performed by international auditing company KPMG, but that it would be to no avail as critics would claim that the books were cooked.

Warner also stated that the legacy of football for 2008 was the occasion of the T&TFF having to take the Minister of Sport to court and not the upcoming T&TFF Centennial Dinner, which is expected to feature former FIFA president Joao Havelange and football great Pele, as well as current FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

The feature address yesterday was delivered by Father Clyde Harvey, who related the benefits of football to the development of character and life skills.

He also implored the T&TFF to undertake self-reflection if the organisation is to survive.

"After Jack (Warner), what?" he asked rhetorically. "...Can the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation use this period of plenty in shaping itself for whatever comes after Jack? That is a question they must answer."

Harvey demanded that they remember Ghandi's words, "Be the change you want to see", to initiate change now that may only take effect after their lifetime.

On the main reason for yesterday's gathering, Trinidad and Tobago and Sunderland FC striker Kenwyne Jones, who suffered a knee injury in last week Sunday's friendly international against England, was named the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Male Player of the Year.

The 23-year-old, who was named Player of the Year at his club Sunderland for his exploits in the 2007-2008 English Premier League, netted seven goals and provided ten assists last season.

The general improvement in his game led to the former St Anthony's College player, who injured his knee in a collision with England goalkeeper David James, getting the nod for the T&TFF award.

He was also the Football Federation's nominee for the 2007 First Citizens Sportsman of the Year Award

Jones was not at the Hilton yesterday as he had to return to Sunderland to undergo further evaluation

on his knee by the club's medical team.

And the T&TFF's female Player of the Year is Avanell Isaac of Joe Public Football Club.

The 17-year-old Isaac was a member of the Trinidad and Tobago women's Olympic team and was the T&T Women's League MVP for the 2007 season.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: Let's work together for the youth.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:47:08 AM »
"He added that there was a request for an audit, that would soon be performed by international auditing company KPMG, but that it would be to no avail as critics would claim that the books were cooked. "

In his interview on I95 with gary hunt he said the auit had already been done and he could come by an pick it up anytime he wanted.....now he saying soon to be done ??
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:02:42 AM »
Oli, there is a saying in North America that goes like this
"he speaks with a forked tongue"

and to get back to the article........what's he up to now?.....the future of the youth or the future of his pocket book as he will control their signings
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 05:20:21 AM »
"My political opponents must understand that to help solve the problem with the youth in the country, they don't need to live with me, they don't need to sleep with me, they don't need to sit down and eat with me, but, God knows, we must work together."

So I guess FPATT will be getting a call real soon.......... Around the same time that St Kitts make it to the World Cup Finals.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 08:17:45 AM »
Isn't this the same JW who mentioned upon the Warriors return from Bahrain that he was taking the members of the team into Laventille and Morvant to tackle crime head-on? I still waiting!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:27:23 AM »
I am lookin 4 d next set of Latas so dat when dey take oui 2 d next WC I would pay dem d money I promize. Dat and d Farouk Is qualifyin 4 d WC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »
"He added that there was a request for an audit, that would soon be performed by international auditing company KPMG, but that it would be to no avail as critics would claim that the books were cooked. "

In his interview on I95 with gary hunt he said the auit had already been done and he could come by an pick it up anytime he wanted.....now he saying soon to be done ??

this is a different Audit.  This is only for the England game.  But my problem why is Warner friends doing the Audit.  The Ministry and TTFF should work together and choose a Nuetral Audit firm to do it.

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 11:45:29 AM »
help do you youth i all 4 that but waner is a blasted thief STOP theif we dam money.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 01:49:41 PM »

this is a different Audit.  This is only for the England game.  But my problem why is Warner friends doing the Audit.  The Ministry and TTFF should work together and choose a Nuetral Audit firm to do it.

A KPMG audit is as good as gold... I doubt they'd put their name (and international reputation) on something that's false just for Jack's benefit.

that's not to say that the TTFF would provide them good docs to work with to begin with though. 

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 05:06:14 PM »

A KPMG audit is as good as gold... I doubt they'd put their name (and international reputation) on something that's false just for Jack's benefit.

that's not to say that the TTFF would provide them good docs to work with to begin with though. 

kpmg does audit blacklist? ???

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 10:04:55 PM »

keep hearing bout this KPMG audit....anyone word on it???
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 10:28:15 PM »

I have no idea what you talking about.  The audits in question are of the WC money and the post- England monies.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 11:12:33 PM »
Jack really know who to fool wit he chupidness, oui.
$50 Grand in trinkets (wouldn't be surprised if is adidas brands) justifies tens, maybe even hundreds of millions, U$, in stolen money and so many years of football regression. Ha!
I wonder how many regional football acadamies and full time staffs could have been jump started with a mere percentage of all the money jackula and he two baby bats done tief from we? Dem two is de only yutes jack "working....for"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:15:50 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 07:54:14 AM »

I have no idea what you talking about.  The audits in question are of the WC money and the post- England monies.

simple point: financial audits do not cover decisions of management.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:31 AM »

Not sure I see how your point fits into the discussion with regards to accounting for the monies earned...

but yeah, I agree that it's a shame that no one could hold them accountable for that (if that's what yuh meant).

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 08:40:16 AM »
Allyuh studying Jack

This KPMG really stand for Kenneth, Prakash, Maxwell & Gopaul. Is ah local firm...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 08:58:13 AM »

Not sure I see how your point fits into the discussion with regards to accounting for the monies earned...

but yeah, I agree that it's a shame that no one could hold them accountable for that (if that's what yuh meant).

another simple point: doh let jack dictate the terms of debate! in the above article, jack focussing on money instead of things like the lack of transparency in the ttff (decision-making, not just finance). balancing the books is not enough to justify a lack of transparency. but this gets lost when jack starts confining people's attention to money.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 09:04:49 AM »

another simple point: doh let jack dictate the terms of debate! in the above article, jack focussing on money instead of things like the lack of transparency in the ttff (decision-making, not just finance). balancing the books is not enough to justify a lack of transparency. but this gets lost when jack starts confining people's attention to money.

Yeah, but the TTFF is a private entity, we can't force them to be more transparent in their internal dealings (executive decisions etc.).  We can only hold them accountable for what they do with public funds.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
Allyuh studying Jack

This KPMG really stand for Kenneth, Prakash, Maxwell & Gopaul. Is ah local firm...
:rotfl: :rotfl: cLASSIC  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 10:06:34 AM »
I eh go lie all yuh rippin these days if d players could have d same form SA2010 would b a breeze
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
Allyuh studying Jack

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I really eh know where allyuh men does come out, nuh!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
He also implored the T&TFF to undertake self-reflection if the organisation is to survive.

Somebody tell Jack that vampires doh reflect!!
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>