April 19, 2024, 11:48:55 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland chairman Quinn backs Nosworthy for England  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sunderland chairman Quinn backs Nosworthy for England
« on: June 08, 2008, 03:01:10 PM »
June 08, 2008

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn believes Nyron Nosworthy is an outside bet for an England call.

"Nyron's got to look and think one or two of Boro's players have had a sniff of the England set-up; they have been named in squads," Quinn told the Sunderland Echo.

"Nyron is playing in the same position and he should be looking at that next year.

"He's been a top player in The Championship and he's had a good, steady year in The Premier League.

"It's time for him to kick on. He can do it - it's there for him."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland chairman Quinn backs Nosworthy for England
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 03:08:20 PM »
June 08, 2008

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn believes Nyron Nosworthy is an outside bet for an England call.

"Nyron's got to look and think one or two of Boro's players have had a sniff of the England set-up; they have been named in squads," Quinn told the Sunderland Echo.

"Nyron is playing in the same position and he should be looking at that next year.

"He's been a top player in The Championship and he's had a good, steady year in The Premier League.

England A or England Z?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 03:20:22 PM »
June 08, 2008

England A or England Z?

A? Z? ...it nuh even in d english alphabet

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 04:41:06 PM »
I couldve sworn that Jamaica capped him not too long ago...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »
I couldve sworn that Jamaica capped him not too long ago...
yes sir
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=31236.msg359337#msg359337
"Sunderland defender Nyron Nosworthy has received a surprise call-up to the Jamaica squad for the Caribbean nation's forthcoming friendlies with Ghana and Honduras."
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 04:48:09 PM »
He never play for Jamaica. The Saturday before he was supposed to join the team, he get a hamstring injury playing against Newcastle, I think.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 05:18:09 PM »
Nosworthy must be have ties to de corneals too because either everybody need glasses or somebody making money off dat deal...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
Whatever the situation, Nosebag will be the first ever Gillingham produced player to play for England!

I can't remember if Steve Bruce ever got capped, but I seem to recall him being described as the best centre back never to get capped. He was always kept out by Adams, Pallister and, I think, Terry Fenwick.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »
come and take ah sweat in de marvin lee nah bwoi...f**king shithong
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
if Nosworthy had any Trini lineage allyuh wouldn't be cussin him so.....he's a defender we could use now....

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 09:01:40 PM »
if Nosworthy had any Trini lineage allyuh wouldn't be cussin him so.....he's a defender we could use now....
yeah, is true MEP :-[
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 09:07:03 PM »

Not really... Sancho and Avery ready to pelt blade.... we do need anyone like him...  all we need is Jack 2 stop playing de arse..

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
Sancho and Avery???? yuh sure dey coming back? are they jacklisted? hmmm let's see Cupid or Nosworthy....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »

Not really... Sancho and Avery ready to pelt blade.... we do need anyone like him...  all we need is Jack 2 stop playing de arse..
Ahm... Nosworthy keep some of de best strikers in de Premiership in check. We very much need somebody like him.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sunderland's Nosworthy shrugs off England talk
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 02:54:33 AM »
Sunderland's Nosworthy shrugs off England talk
June 08, 2008

Nyron Nosworthy has played down claims by Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn he's a chance for an England call.

He said: "It's nice to be thought of that way.

"I just try to do well for myself, the club and my family and it is nice to be recognised as a good defender.

"I like working hard and I'm going to keep doing that next season.

"What will be, will be, as they say.

"I've not heard any more from Jamaica for a while so I don't know what's going to happen on that side of things.

"I'll just look to try and perform well in games next season and it would be very nice if people think I'm worthy of a call-up."

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland's Nosworthy shrugs off England talk
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 02:58:20 AM »
Great job at Sunderland
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland's Nosworthy shrugs off England talk
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 03:16:07 AM »
Great job at Sunderland

Nyron's old man lives in Jamaica, he vists the island from time to time. I am not sure why Simoes is yet to give him a look, but its clear from his reference to Jamaica in the article that he is still interested in becoming a reggae boy. But I'm not sure Simoes have plans for him, at least not for now.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 05:58:35 AM »
Ah next Ready Make.... lard fadda......

Ah sorry for them players who play in the NPL....

Simoes seems to be trying to be protecting his reputation. No long term and core isn't being build but only short term and quick fix....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:24 AM »

Simoes seems to be trying to be protecting his reputation. No long term and core isn't being build but only short term and quick fix....

Sam, dont worry about the NPL players...the best of them will rise to the top like others have in the past. Ricardo Gardener etc were NPL player who managed to rise to the top and earn a decent living for himself playing in the English top flight for over 7 years.  What you guys dont realise is that there are more Jamaicans living outside of the country than those living on the island. The true population of Jamaicans all around the world is something closer to 5 million, 2.3 of us are living outside in the diaspora. We have 3 times the number of players outside who are ready and willing to be associated with Jamaica than you have.  You talking about ready-made players, like I said before, no league in the caribbean can truely prepare our players like the english leagues, so who are we to be snuffing at players who have been exposed to football at the highest level? You think Dwight York  or stern John would be the players they are today if they had not been exposed to professional football in England?

And Sam, you dont know much about simoes to make those wild comments.  You sound like you are a worried man.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 06:34:57 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 06:39:18 AM »

Sam, dont worry about the NPL players...the best of them will rise to the top like others have in the past. Ricardo Gardener etc were NPL player who managed to rise to the top and earn a decent living for himself playing in the English top flight for over 7 years.  What you guys dont realise is that there are more Jamaicans living outside of the country than those living on the island. The true population of Jamaicans all around the world is something closer to 5 million, 2.3 of us are living outside in the diaspora. We have 3 times the number of players outside who are ready and willing to be associated with Jamaica than you have.  You talking about ready-made players, like I said before, no league in the caribbean can truely prepare our players like the english leagues, so who are we to be snuffing at players who have been exposed to football at the highest level? You think Dwight York  or stern John would be the players they are today if they had not been exposed to professional football in England?

And Sam, you dont know much about simoes to make those wild comments.  You sound like you are a worried man.

So what's your take on the T&T Strike Squad (1990) and the 1973 T&T teams ??

Both of them fully local, by the way... we didn't even have a Pro League at the time and we were beating big teams in CONCACAF like Mexico, we thrash them 4-0...

Dwight Yorke and Stern John had to be good in the first place in order to gain a foreign contract. Club and Country football is two different things, dont matter how much club experience you have at international level you could be zero... a foreign club will help no doubt, but its all up to the heart of the players in the end...

Why would I be worried about Jamaica, who with all or let me give you the benefit of the doubt, 96% of their star players couldn't beat a local T&T team with the exception of 4 foreign players. TWICE !!!! and in Jamaica we have one foreign player and we still managed to rally back and tie the game 2-2. Get real bra.... I am sure if you had a choice to pick, 1) play bad but win, 2) or play good and lose,,,,, you will pick option 1.... so what level is King and the others foreign born brining ? or are they on the same level as the T&T locals... ?

Stop with the dam excuse and continue building you foreign born 11..... by the time you meet Mexico you will be doomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way, you said you have 3 times the number of players outside who are ready and willing to be associated with Jamaica than you have. ? who are they ? We have 43 current foreign base professional players who were born and bread in T&T and even if you have more I am still glad because we have the most foreign players if you exclude foreign born... I still cant understand why you would want to take credit for a team who cant even sing de Jamaican Anthem...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:02:03 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 06:58:08 AM »
de "Classic SQUAD" was de BESS
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>