April 30, 2024, 03:37:51 PM

Author Topic: Who will make the Hex.  (Read 9515 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Who will make the Hex.
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:32:43 AM »
I know people might say that i looking too far ahead, but i just wondering how competitive the hex might turn out to be WHEN we make it.

In semi final grounp, we should have a fight with USA, CUBA, and GUATEMALA

Jamaica has a tougher time than us with CANADA, HOUNDURAS, and MEXICO.

While the third group will most likely be COSTA RICA, GUYANA, PANAMA and HAITI.

So, with a final round of

Mexico
United States
Costa Rica
Honduras/Jamaica/Canada
Trinidad and Tobago (palos, i improving...lol)
Haiti

How good do u think our chances are?

I feel it for the teams in group B, since each one of them are good enough for the HEX!!

That third spot is going to be really tough!!

The match days for the semi final round are as follows

20 August 2008
6 September 2008
10 September 2008
11 October 2008
15 October 2008
19 November 2008

ah love it!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:52:16 AM by Flex »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

TrinInfinite

Re: The Hex
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:45:05 AM »
i think it will be mexico, usa, tt, haiti, costa rica and canada in my opinion, it will be tough this time around once more, however i see us playing well at home this qualifying and stealing 2 victories on the road in haiti and canada, if we draw in costa rica, it would also be a plus.

God is de BOSS....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 07:46:52 AM »
We will do VERY WELL to make the Hex.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:51:17 AM »
Andre

You being too kind to JA. Nuttin they play on Sat suggests they beating any of the teams they coming up against.

Suazo will do it to them, Canada handling they scene and Mexico will buss up everybody.

I also think Panama will overcome Haiti.

The Hex will look like this.

USA
MEXICO
Costa Rica
TT/Guatemala
Honduras
Panama

If our defense and midfield remains as is we getting two cut arse from the USA. Guatemala looking like 1 point and maybe a win and a loss vs Cuba....we ent sure to make it to the HEX. I could see Guatemala qualifying on their performances vs TT and Cuba.

If anything happen to Lawrence, Ince or Stern we arse is grass. Those are our three key players for this semi final affair.

If we get back the jacklisted players before the semi finals done and get a game or two in. We qualifying for SA outright in the 2nd or 3rd spot and we getting at least one victory over the USA.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:29 AM »
Given our current crop, I expect us to beat Cuba both home and away. If we cant do that we don't deserve to be in the Hex. I think we will lose away to Guatemala and beat them at home (this is a side that want our heads bad).

I expect that we will lose both home and away legs to the USA. The group could turn in Guatemala's favor if they can pull an upset on the USA, or in our favor if Cuba get something off of Guatemala.

I expect the Hex to look like this:

USA
T&T/Guatemala
Costa Rica
Haiti
Mexico
Honduras

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:00:32 AM »
 I like the optimistic thinking BUT 'are we counting our chickens before they hatch'?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:11:03 AM »
My predictions

T&T 3 vs Cuba 1
Cuba 0 vs T&T 1
T&T 1 vs USA 1
USA 2 vs T&T 1
Guatemala 1 vs T&T 1
T&T 2 vs Guatemala 0

T&T and USA goes through.

Jamaica 0 vs Mexico 2
Mexico 5 vs Jamaica 0
Canada 2 vs Jamaica 1
Jamaica 1 vs Canada 1
Honduras 3 vs Jamaica 1
Jamaica 2 vs Honduras 2

Honduras and Mexico goes through.

Haiti 1 vs Costa Rica 2
Costa Rica 3 vs Haiti 0
Haiti 3 vs Guyana 0
Guyana 1 vs Haiti 1
Haiti 2 vs Panama 1
Panama 2 vs Haiti 1

Costa Rica and Haiti goes through.

Hex

T&T
Costa Rica
Haiti
USA
Mexico
Honduras
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:35:54 AM »
Checkin egg in fowl bottom dat being said dat game on d 20th is an away game and I most likely eh go b home so 4 heaven's sake please do not change it 2 home 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
Canada will make the hex this year

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 08:58:20 AM »

Group 1 (USA, T&T, Cuba, Guatemala)
Synopsis

USA wins the group hands down, while Guatemala and T&T battle it out for the second spot.  I expect both T&T and Guatemala to win their head to head home fixture, but in teh end it will come down to who score more goals. Playing in central america is never an easy task for caribbean sides, so the odds favor Guatemala scoring heavily on both T&T and CUBA in The Mateo Flores. If goal difference comes into play between T&T and Guatemala, then this might be where Guatemala edges out T&T. Of course, cuba could spoil the party for either of both teams.
My final picks
USA, Guatemala

Group 2 (Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, Honduras)
Synopsis

Mexico wins the group hands down. Honduras, Jamaica, Canada battle it out for the second spot. Canada has traditionally struggled playing away from home, their chances of advancing will rely heavily on them winning all of their home games, and picking up points on the road. Honduras is playing good football as of late, and will pick up the bulk of its points in its home games. Jamiaca went through the last qualifying undefeated on the road, and will be looking to repeat that performance this time around.Of course they will need to win home games too to have a chance. Basded on my assesment of teh results (see below), Jamaica will finish with 7 points, which should see them advancing ahead of Honduras.

Mexico 4 - 0 Jamaica 0 (Mexico City)
Jamaica 0 - 0 Mexico  (Kingston)

Honduras 3 - 1 Jamaica (Tegucigalpa)
Jamaica 2 - 1 Honduras (Kingston)

Canada 0 - 0 Jamaica  (Winniepeg)
Jamaica 2 - 1 Canada (Kingston)  

My final Pics
Mexico, Jamaica (keeping my fingers crossed, this will be a tough one, but I think Canada are favorites to finish bottom of this group. Number two can go to anyone of Honduras Jamaica)

Group 3 (Costa Rica, Haiti, Guyana, Panama)
Synopsis

Perhaps the easiest of the three groups. Guyana will finish at the bottom of the pile. Panama are favorites to get the better of Haiti, while costa Rica will continue to struggle vs Panama, like they have in recent times.

My Final Picks
Panama, Costa Rica

Hex

Mexico
USA
Guatemala
Panama
Jamaica
Costa Rica

Mexico and USA qualifies automatically, Costa Rica pulls through in te end to take third spot. The playoof spot goes to ... Panama.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:00:56 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 09:11:09 AM »
if Jamaica win 1 game in that group they should consider it a good qualifying campaign  :devil:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »
Cuba should never be underestimated...especially since Raul Castro relaxing some of the laws so defections may slow down.

Hmm...we will have to look at if we playing them before or after they play the USA in the USA. Half their team might leave then...so if they playign Guatemala after that, we might be at a disadvantage regarding goal difference.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 09:43:18 AM »

Synopsis

USA wins the group hands down, while Guatemala and T&T battle it out for the second spot.  I expect both T&T and Guatemala to win their head to head home fixture, but in teh end it will come down to who score more goals. Playing in central america is never an easy task for caribbean sides, so the odds favor Guatemala scoring heavily on both T&T and CUBA in The Mateo Flores. If goal difference comes into play between T&T and Guatemala, then this might be where Guatemala edges out T&T. Of course, cuba could spoil the party for either of both teams.
My final picks
USA, Guatemala

It always amazes me how you does come up on this website and consitently be-little the soca warriors...you should study how the Reggae Britz should beging to formulate a plan for WC 2014 considering that group their in...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:05 AM »
de only ting dat making our group be a showdown between us and Guatemala for dat second spot is that dem Cubans always defecting.They lost some good players after de last Gold Cup.But we still can't under estimate them they put 3 on us in de Digicel Cup.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
de only ting dat making our group be a showdown between us and Guatemala for dat second spot is that dem Cubans always defecting.They lost some good players after de last Gold Cup.But we still can't under estimate them they put 3 on us in de Digicel Cup.

And dat Digicel Cup squad was arguably a better one than we have now.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 10:23:04 AM »
if Jamaica win 1 game in that group they should consider it a good qualifying campaign  :devil:

True. and we will.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 10:25:17 AM »

Synopsis

USA wins the group hands down, while Guatemala and T&T battle it out for the second spot.  I expect both T&T and Guatemala to win their head to head home fixture, but in teh end it will come down to who score more goals. Playing in central america is never an easy task for caribbean sides, so the odds favor Guatemala scoring heavily on both T&T and CUBA in The Mateo Flores. If goal difference comes into play between T&T and Guatemala, then this might be where Guatemala edges out T&T. Of course, cuba could spoil the party for either of both teams.
My final picks
USA, Guatemala

It always amazes me how you does come up on this website and consitently be-little the soca warriors...you should study how the Reggae Britz should beging to formulate a plan for WC 2014 considering that group their in...

So you agree with my assesment of the groups or not bro? I "be-littled" my own side too...I have us finishing outside the top 4 in the Hex, hence missing the world cup.  What are your thoughts by the way, do u have something legitimate to contribute to this discussion, or are you more concerned about crying for my support of ur team?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:36:14 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 10:53:05 AM »

Lemme correct both of alyuh fellas here

Correction....WE put 3 on them.

http://www.socawarriors.net/T&T_squad_line-ups.htm

(DC) T&T  3 vs  1 Cuba,  20, Jan 07: 1.Jan-Michael Williams, 16.Sean Power, 5.Osei Telesford, 3.Makan Hislop, 17.Nigel Daniel, 6.Leslie Fitzpatrick, (8.Kwame Wiltshire 78th), 10.Kerwin Jemmott, 18.Densill Theobald (capt), 14.Kerry Baptiste (13.Hayden Tinto 78th), 11.Darryl Roberts, 12.Gary Glasgow (20.Joel Bailey 86th).

Palos that side is nearly the same. No way was it better, the current crop funny enough have better additions....I feel the coach is the difference  ;D

Watch it

Ince vs Williams
Stern vs Glasgow
Hyland vs Jemmot
Whitley vs Theobold
Carlos vs Baptiste
K. Daniel vs Fitzpatrick
A Edwards/Farrier vs Power
Smith/Cupid vs Daniel

Tinto, Roberts, Telesford and Hislop remaining constant

Lawrence being another player but it would be totally wrong of me to compare him to Dwayne Jack.

This crop of players actually better ... Bring back Daniel....and as for power he cyar make no side for me. I rather take Cupid, Smith, Edwards or Farrier any day.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:55:23 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 11:08:32 AM »

Synopsis

My final picks
USA, Guatemala

So you agree with my assesment of the groups or not bro? I "be-littled" my own side too...I have us finishing outside the top 4 in the Hex, hence missing the world cup.  What are your thoughts by the way, do u have something legitimate to contribute to this discussion, or are you more concerned about crying for my support of ur team?

That's a fair assessment of our group RF....given the present state of our team I think we will do well to make it out of the group.
I would really like to see us get a win over the US but that looks like a pipe dream...We trinis like to think there is some  rivalry between the USA and T&T, but the reality is that's a myth...there is no rivalry...US always wins hands down, and I can't imagine that changing anytime soon...
Guatemala is a team that always gives us problems, and after we knocked them out of contention for Germany '06  I think they will try hard to show us the true meaning of the phrase "score to settle".
Cuba could be the dark-horse coming up on the side , but that all depends on which Cuban team shows up.....nevertheless they should not be underestimated.

I'm hopeful we'll be the team following the USA into the Hex, but we'll have to dig real deep to pull that off.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 11:16:15 AM »

Lemme correct both of alyuh fellas here

Correction....WE put 3 on them.

http://www.socawarriors.net/T&T_squad_line-ups.htm

(DC) T&T 3 vs 1 Cuba, 20, Jan 07: 1.Jan-Michael Williams, 16.Sean Power, 5.Osei Telesford, 3.Makan Hislop, 17.Nigel Daniel, 6.Leslie Fitzpatrick, (8.Kwame Wiltshire 78th), 10.Kerwin Jemmott, 18.Densill Theobald (capt), 14.Kerry Baptiste (13.Hayden Tinto 78th), 11.Darryl Roberts, 12.Gary Glasgow (20.Joel Bailey 86th).

Palos that side is nearly the same. No way was it better, the current crop funny enough have better additions....I feel the coach is the difference ;D

Watch it

Ince vs Williams
Stern vs Glasgow
Hyland vs Jemmot
Whitley vs Theobold
Carlos vs Baptiste
K. Daniel vs Fitzpatrick
A Edwards/Farrier vs Power
Smith/Cupid vs Daniel

Tinto, Roberts, Telesford and Hislop remaining constant

Lawrence being another player but it would be totally wrong of me to compare him to Dwayne Jack.

This crop of players actually better ... Bring back Daniel....and as for power he cyar make no side for me. I rather take Cupid, Smith, Edwards or Farrier any day.

nigel daniel is needed on the left, spann or gray on the right and sancho in the centre, we all know that will be hard pressed to see the dredd, sad 2 say, however we have a better sqaud now than before, except for the mid, no way in hell you could compare hyland creativity with hardest, your insane to even think that, hyland good but is a defensive mid, if you look at the digicel team they created and scored goals, i also remember touches saying they wouldnt win a game and our locals are not up to par, it shows his ability to assess our locals, hence they reached the final. ::)

God is de BOSS....
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:18:17 AM by TI »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »
The difference between either Guatemala and T&T going through may very well rest in who does better vs the USA (ie concede less).

I have a feeling though that Guatemala will struggle with Cuba more than T&T will. Maybe the style of play of both teams...

Ja in a real hard group. But then u never know what you will get with Canada and Honduras. Chances are that one of these 2 teams will flop big time.

Panama and Haiti will be a very good battle for the second spot behind CR. I prefer to meet Panama in the final round though.

My final 6 prediction, 5 months in advance are USA, TT, Mex, Ja, CR and Panama.

leroy

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 11:56:33 AM »
Final Predictions  for Hex .

Group 1 : Favorites, USA & TnT.
Group 2 : Any two Teams am not going to count
Jamaica out, they may get Lucky.
Group 3 : Panama & Costa Rica.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »
Great point about the defections spidey, that was the same thing i was telling my pardner last week..........lol.

Trinidad has an easier passage to the Hex because we have to play Cuba and Guatemala as opposed to playing Canada and Honduras.

Jamaica aint making dat Hex....

The only chance they have is against Canada at the office!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 12:22:09 PM »
Sorry to spell gloom and doom eh, but ah find men talking emotionally and not realistically.

I think we would all like for T&T to be in the Hex, we trying to be objective and saying realistically USA will top the group, but when you look back at the games with this present team and really think about it...I not seeing us making it to the Hex....unless that team change up drastically in two months time.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
did I see right??? No mention of KJ or Scottie in our line ups? Surely we need these players if we are to have any chance of qualifying... ???

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 12:56:57 PM »
Great point about the defections spidey, that was the same thing i was telling my pardner last week..........lol.

Trinidad has an easier passage to the Hex because we have to play Cuba and Guatemala as opposed to playing Canada and Honduras.

ah love it!!

Disclaimer:  The thoughts expressed below are based on one man's opinions and should not be treate as "Gospel":)

In my humble opinion, Canada will struggle to get points on the road in Kingston, Tegucigalpa and Mexico City. Playing in Canada will also be the easiest road game for all the other teams in the group, and everyone will be gunning for them there.  Sadly for Canada it will be 0 points on the road, and 4 droppped at home. Thats enough to leave them in the cellar position in the group.

toss-up between Honduras amd Jam-down for the second spot.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »

ah love it!!

Disclaimer: The thoughts expressed below are based on one man's opinions and should not be treate as "Gospel":)

In my humble opinion, Canada will struggle to get points on the road in Kingston, Tegucigalpa and Mexico City. Playing in Canada will also be the easiest road game for all the other teams in the group, and everyone will be gunning for them there. Sadly for Canada it will be 0 points on the road, and 4 droppped at home. Thats enough to leave them in the cellar position in the group.

Gotta say...ah kinda wanting to go with RF on this one  ::)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 01:05:54 PM »

ah love it!!

Disclaimer:  The thoughts expressed below are based on one man's opinions and should not be taken as "Gospel":)

In my humble opinion, Canada will struggle to get points on the road in Kingston, Tegucigalpa and Mexico City. Playing in Canada will also be the easiest road game for all the other teams in the group.  Sadly for Canada it will be 0 points on the road, and 4 droppped at home. Thats enough to leave them in the cellar position in the group.

As far as T&T is concerned. Like I said, its between you and Guatemala. Last time T&T ventured into That country for a world cup qualifying game, it was an embarassing 5-1 mauling before 45K rabid Guatemalans...and with a "young squad" this time around, it could be deja-vu all over again for the warriors. Without the likes of russel Latapy and an aging Dwight Yorke, + most of the players that took part in the last world cup, your relatively "new" squad will do well to come away from Central America with a decent scoreline. Of course, the likes of Kenwyn Jones etc wikll want to have something to say about that. Having said that, its very hard to judge T&T's readiness for tougher teams, when outside of England, the toughest games you have played under Maturana in the past 6 months is Jamaica (twice).

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:10:32 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 01:14:09 PM »
We are over reactin it has been said dat d purpose of d warm ups iz 2 pick d squad well dey settle wit d squad. D most peeps dem fellas c in a stadium was v England d difference it was not a hostile crowd
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:28 PM »
Unfortunately I'm less optimistic about our chances of qualifying,something does'nt seem right,the enthusiasm and drive from the prior world cup just not there.............

1]; } ?>