April 24, 2024, 08:12:16 AM

Author Topic: Who will make the Hex.  (Read 9444 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Hex
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 01:29:36 PM »
As much enthusiasm as WI cricket d only diference I still payin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

leroy

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
ok guys Treat this as Gospel : Group 1 &  Group 3 Teams  should hope and
pray Jamaica finish 2nd. The reason for this is a 1 1/2 slot is more likely from Group 2 ,
plus USA (2 1/2 ) . There will be a remaining one spot to Grab.

As I said before am not going to rule out Jamaica.If you follow there Games
since December you will notice Jamaica(RBZ) are playing a complete game.

They're scoring guys, and thats why I said , they maybe lucky.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 02:49:06 PM »
Great point about the defections spidey, that was the same thing i was telling my pardner last week..........lol.

Trinidad has an easier passage to the Hex because we have to play Cuba and Guatemala as opposed to playing Canada and Honduras.

Jamaica aint making dat Hex....

The only chance they have is against Canada at the office!!

ah love it!!

Disclaimer:  The thoughts expressed below are based on one man's opinions and should not be taken as "Gospel":)

In my humble opinion, Canada will struggle to get points on the road in Kingston, Tegucigalpa and Mexico City. Playing in Canada will also be the easiest road game for all the other teams in the group.  Sadly for Canada it will be 0 points on the road, and 4 droppped at home. Thats enough to leave them in the cellar position in the group.

toss-up between Honduras amd Jam-down for the second spot.

As far as T&T is concerned. Like I said, its between you and Guatemala. Last time T&T ventured into That country for a world cup qualifying game, it was an embarassing 5-1 mauling before 45K rabid Guatemalans...and with a "young squad" this time around, it could be deja-vu all over again for the warriors.

You missed one important point about the 5-1. We had a mechanic posing as coach carrying out our technical duties. So long as we into guatemala with a coach I expect us to win. We will be in the hex RF. I can say this however, if JA make it out ofd their group they will definitely qualify for South Africa.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 02:51:30 PM »
pray Jamaica finish 2nd. The reason for this is a 1 1/2 slot is more likely from Group 2 ,

But they will not win one away game. As such they must win all their home games.

leroy

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »

But they will not win one away game. As such they must win all their home games.
they can win on the road just like any other team.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 05:46:47 PM »
I can say this however, if JA make it out ofd their group they will definitely qualify for South Africa.

I concur.

leroy

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 04:54:16 AM »
Guys, Group 2 is Guarantee two places out of 3 1/2 to Qualify.
Should jamaica finish 2nd , it is reduce to 1 1/2 .

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 06:06:57 AM »
I can say this however, if JA make it out ofd their group they will definitely qualify for South Africa.

I concur.

I disagree..........

Jamaica, El Salvador, United States, Panama.........

Honduras, Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala..........

TnT, Mexico, St Vincent, St Lucia..............

That was another tough group that jamaica was in last time around in 2006 and they didnt make it.

Panama did, however, but that form didnt translate into the final round and they were the whipping boys of the Hex.

Guatemals made it out of the group of death then but they didnt make it either!

My point is that qualifying out a group of death doesnt guarantee anything.  It could simply mean that when things were tough, you just got the good calls, the good bounces and had the extra push at that point in time.

ah love it!!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:14:47 AM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 06:55:56 AM »

I concur.

I disagree..........

That was another tough group that jamaica was in last time around in 2006 and they didnt make it.

Panama did, however, but that form didnt translate into the final round and they were the whipping boys of the Hex.

My point is that qualifying out a group of death doesnt guarantee anything.  It could simply mean that when things were tough, you just got the good calls, the good bounces and had the extra push at that point in time.

ah love it!!

Jamaica was in a very easy group for the 2006 qualifiers, believe it or not. Jamaica went through those qualifiers without losing one single game on the road, including a 3-0 mauling of El Salvador in the Cuscatlan stadium, and tieing both Panama and The USA away. Where Jamaica fell down was losing at home to Panama, and letting the USA off the hook conceding an injury time goal to end the game with one point. We then lost out and let Panama in on the last day when we once again failed to beat El Salvador at home (We hit the post about 3 times in that game).  Jamaica played some good football on the road, but didnt have luck on their side in the crucial home games. Any team collecting 5 points on the road should technically be able to collect at least the same 5 points at home. That didnt happen for Ja, i believe we picked up only 2 points at home that series.

And yes, making the Hex out of The group of death doesnt mean anything, but it is widely acknowledged that the teams from that zone should be coming into the Hex batlle hardened and ready for the other teams from the other groups.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:59:51 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »

I concur.

I disagree..........

ah love it!!

I agree with you there man....qualifying out of a group of death doesn't mean jack.  Just look at what happened to us in the 2002 campaign with Porterfield.....we topped a semi-final group boasting the likes of Mexico, Panama and Canada ! Great things were expected from of us in the hex, but what happened??....we flopped big time! We managed a total of 4 points, and if I recall correctly all 4 points came long after all hope of qualifying was gone.

All this goes to show is that there are no guarantees in football ....one good performance doesn't give you free passage through the next round. The teams that will make it to the hex and beyond will be the teams that never take their foot off the pedal.....lets just hope T&T is one of them...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 10:22:09 AM »
Please doh bring up dat 2002 hex I does still have day mares, afternoon mares, evening mares and night mares and we qualify for Germany
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
My point is that qualifying out a group of death doesnt guarantee anything.
  :beermug: :beermug:

Qualify first though!!!
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »
This is observed gospel over the years and a 100% true fact that Jamaica will claim one of the 2 semi-final spots and qualify for the HEX. Be it first or second.

The Reggae Boyz tend to play mediocre against teams ranked lower than them. But step a level up and more to match the teams ranked above them.

I rest my case.

jjbrown

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
This is observed gospel over the years and a 100% true fact that Jamaica will claim one of the 2 semi-final spots and qualify for the HEX. Be it first or second.

The Reggae Boyz tend to play mediocre against teams ranked lower than them
. But step a level up and more to match the teams ranked above them.

I rest my case.

So therefore your cutarse from the Bahamas is guaranteed.....you said it not me.

Hush nah man, with yuh observed gospel over the years and 100% true. You forget whappen last Hex or what you were not there.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2008, 01:45:35 PM »

The Reggae Boyz tend to play mediocre against teams ranked lower than them
. But step a level up and more to match the teams ranked above them.

I rest my case.

So therefore your cutarse from the Bahamas is guaranteed.....you said it not me.

Hush nah man, with yuh observed gospel over the years and 100% true. You forget whappen last Hex or what you were not there.
Actually, that is how your mind choses to interpret my point.
Welcome to the art that is free will. ;D
jjbrown

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »

Jamaica was in a very easy group for the 2006 qualifiers!!

Easy? Pardner, Trinidad was in an easy group in the 2006 semis, not you guys.

U could not win at home, talk done..........U boasting of the points that u picked up on the road, but other teams got points away at your house, so that effectively cancelled out that boast.

Honestly, i hope jamaica gets thru, cause i rather us face them in the HEX than Honduras, who i feel might challenge the top concacaf teams for their supremecy.

And jam2099, i saw how u guys stepped up when u played England in 2006

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 03:58:33 PM »

Jamaica was in a very easy group for the 2006 qualifiers!!

Easy? Pardner, Trinidad was in an easy group in the 2006 semis, not you guys.

U could not win at home, talk done..........U boasting of the points that u picked up on the road, but other teams got points away at your house, so that effectively cancelled out that boast.

Honestly, i hope jamaica gets thru, cause i rather us face them in the HEX than Honduras, who i feel might challenge the top concacaf teams for their supremecy.

And jam2099, i saw how u guys stepped up when u played England in 2006

ah love it!!
I see that's probably the only result you can find.

Go to www.eloratings.net/.

Now check Jamaica's success rate against European, South American and teams ranked above them compared to T&T. 
jjbrown

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 06:47:25 PM »
Unfortunately I'm less optimistic about our chances of qualifying,something does'nt seem right,the enthusiasm and drive from the prior world cup just not there.............
You remember the level of enthusiasm we had for the 2006 campaign? When we lost 3:1 to mexico in the HCS when Marvin "dog" throw way a goal in d first minute of the game in? Or in our last game in the semifinal round when we barely beat SVG? Getting 5:1 licks from guatemala?

It was only when don leo arrived we gained enthusiasm.

Compare it to 2002.. when we had such a great run.. latapy bullet in the stadium to beat mexico, 6:0 or something on panama at the oval, 4 on canada here and 2 in canada... what happened after that? we fell flat.

I'm more confident if we just struggle through now and find the enthusiasm later when we really need it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 07:13:35 PM »
Dat 2002 team lost because of starr boi mentality d Don brought a level of professionalism dat has not been seen b4 or since

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
since this thread is about looking far ahead, that 1/2 spot playoff with asia looking real tense now that australia in that conference. only 3 making it out of concacaf this cycle.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »
since this thread is about looking far ahead, that 1/2 spot playoff with asia looking real tense now that australia in that conference. only 3 making it out of concacaf this cycle.
the 1/2 spot is now contested by Concacaf and Conmebol.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 08:38:48 PM »
the 1/2 spot is now contested by Concacaf and Conmebol.

thanks boss. even worse ent?

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »
I would say so, most likely whoever clinches 4th spot will be coming up against a team like Chile, Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru or the like (Maybe even our neighbours Venezuela if they keep up their good form!)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 08:43:42 PM »
I think we could get a result home but away a draw would be brilliant.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
CONCACAF 2009 Final Round Draw
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »
 Ah hear on the radio tonight that it will take place on the 22nd , soon after this post. It is confirmed on FIFA. So whoever following can put the results here . I can't wait to see who we playin and when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2009 Final Round Draw
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 12:18:44 AM »
Saturday in addition 2 Trinis in Action have some else 2 look forward 2

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 04:58:23 AM »
I say we gettin El Salvador for the first game in TNT.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 05:48:14 AM »
Ah feel ah making a trip to one of the overseas games.....when the schedule comes out I'll decide...

Also, from re-reading the predictions made earlier in this thread it seems like most people underestimated El Salvador.....hhhhmmmm...

Well the usual suspects are present for the Hex

T&T
USA
Mexico
Costa Rica
Honduras
El Salvador

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:04:37 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:28 AM »
Mexico real shyting on they self, ah hope it cintinues all the way into the hex.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 07:37:55 AM »
Yeah leh we make a lime 2 one ah dem overseas match but wit d news Patos goin and leggo on we 2nite it might just b a pipe dream

1]; } ?>