March 28, 2024, 03:18:28 PM

Author Topic: We will not get past second round unless...  (Read 3020 times)

Offline TriniFootballFan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
We will not get past second round unless...
« on: June 10, 2008, 02:58:36 PM »
I haven't posted in a while, and I know we still have to get past Bermuda, however, after watching the US vs Arg game the other night and some of the games with the current team, I feel a separate thread is needed to state plainly what many others have said. We will not earn the required points from USA, Guatemala, (and prob even Cuba, i.e., 6 pts) to qualify for the Hex...don't even think about qualifying from the Hex....if the following players are not re-called:

Keepers

Kevin Jack

Defenders
Brent Sancho
Avery John
Cyd Gray
[Julius James]

Midfielders
Chris Birchall
Colin Samuels

Forwards
Cornell Glen

I tried to limit the names to the CRITICALLY needed players as some of the local based have show an ability to step up. Some other guys like Theobald and Spann can hopefully earn a call-up between now and the 2nd round because you cannot discount the experience these guys gained from going through the last qualifiers and playing abroad in hostile conditions etc. I know there are several other players that have displayed some qualities in the past like Glasgow, Jemmot etc but I am talking about CRITICALLY needed based on the deficiencies in the current team from a player capabilities and experience standpoint.

Yes - I know we have to beat Bermuda but.....

TrinInfinite

Re: We will not get past second round unless...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »
your forgetting one ting, the main reason we made the world cup was bc latas came back into the team, without a creative mid we cannot beat our regional opponents the way we did with latas.

God is de BOSS....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »
your forgetting one ting, the main reason we made the world cup was bc latas came back into the team, without a creative mid we cannot beat our regional opponents the way we did with latas.

God is de BOSS....

breds, is not every WC-qualification cycle bound to turn out the same, like a seinfeld rerun. new team, new opposition, new analysis required.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
Yes we need creative midfielders and another defensive mid to complement Autis.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 05:16:15 PM »

warning, long post ahead..

I would not normally post on a thread thats spews  negativity if only for de sake of de players. (poster ah not dissin yuh thread) I'm just talking about me... The reason that I feel it necessary to post on this thread is because of an earlier post where Anton seemed to tell Trinidad and her fans that this is allyuh Team we go be wokking with. As in we not adding nothing, or taking nothing away. After such an extensive player search / evaluation of locals and foreign minus some glaring choices , i.e Sancho, Birchall, Cyd Gray, Avery John etc..I too am a little apprehensive about the fact that Anton seems to be sealing the deal with what we saw in de England and Jamaica games. Anton also went as far as to say that even without the services of Kenwayne, Stern and Connell, we seem to have enough depth on de team. Depth? what depth is it Anton referring too? I dont see no dam depth. Roberts seems to have fallen out of grace and if there weren't any misgivings in de Team selection I would be gungho and say well is de best dat we can do so lets go TnT but quite frankly its a spiteful and total disregard for public sentiment to just try to ram dis down we throat.

On a seperate note... de corneals seem to have a... dis is who we like or willing to play approach and "we'll just let de chips fall where they may" thing about them ,man... some real lackluster shit. If you fail to prepare then you are preparing to fail. In blasted primary school dey teach we dat.
I fear we in trouble and forget de soothsayers who go say Maturana have it under control because win loss or draw he gets paid and walks away, de corneals get to say we try... like trying is a prerequisite of success and de country and de fans go be left up shit creek deciding which concacaf country other than we own to support in de blasted WC.   Im truly disgruntled.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 05:23:43 PM »
We still have not learned.  The problem with Trinbago football is that we always playing catch-up.  From our last campaign we had a certain momentum, with battle tested warriors who experienced what it took to succeed at the highest level.  Instead of relying on this "investment" the powers that may be decided to stroke their egos by blacklisting people because they tried to compromise people's intelligence (both players and indeed the citizens of Trinbago) and compromised their integrity with their petty, evil, and greedy ways.

It is much harder to start back from scratch in order to be competitive.  Instead of letting better heads prevail, and in the interim, come to some level of understanding while continuing with the advancement of T&Ts football, they decided to show who is boss by abandoning our successes in the hope that they can replace the invaluable.  Instead of complimenting the core of the unit with replacements that can learn a thing or two from the experience of seasoned campaigners, they throwing our young players into battle where they have a minimal chance to succeed.

Again we way behind in preparations than where we need to be, or could have been.  The sad part about this entire affair is that AGAIN they taking players and supporters for granted.  To be honest, we have good young players that, along with supporters, will be sorely disappointed, and disoriented if the powers that may be don't come together for the betterment of the country.

This time around, we will not have enough time to recover from the obvious debacle that is going to happen.  Sure we get Bennie the last time, and with more experienced players was fortunate to pull it off. 

Being the eternal optimist, I think it is still not too late but pettiness must not prevail,  Solutions come a plenty, but two options that need to be addressed immediately include:

1)  All BLACKLISTED players MUST be reinstated with immediate effect.

2)  Jack Warner and company must provide the government of T&T with the elusive audit.

The longer it takes to make these adjustments, the further away our chances of going to AFRICA will be.  Being the eternal optimist, I hope that the administration can see the error of their ways.  They must do what is necessary.  If not, crapaud smoke we pipe.

I we don't correct our course, in due course it will be just another dream that we imagined. 

Written in the annals of the history of our country...it will be said....what a waste!

If you can't do it for your ego and pocket, do it for your country!

And yes...you will get the Trinity Cross.  We go nail yuh to it!

LUV U T&T

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »
Yep we always startin from ground zero and we all know dat d semis go b hard and a miracle needed 4 d hex. I like d trainin squad dat SM did come up wit
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 05:31:11 PM »
Sentinel I think that your post, Start to finish, really strikes at de heart of de problem and yuh did a great job in presenting de ideas. Well done..

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »
Same old- same  old- Ask Italy/. The Commentators made the point it was not last European nor Word cup. Time waits for no man.
 Bring back Yorke- Bring back latapy= Why not Nakhid.
 Lets face it fellas- Apart from Birchall, that is our team.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »
Very much welcome posts starting from the first one right dong to the second to last. (Sorry injunchile  :'( ) Good itemization of the players that must be recalled.

We playin' wit' fire wit' this blacklist BS. Bermuda must not be taken lightly, far less the teams to come after. Shaka, Clayton, FPATT wha' goin' orn? Time fuh some news updates on the international networking feedback with respect to this blatant persecution under the full glare of the international spotlight

Enough is enough.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 03:44:26 PM »
Agree completely w/the core of this message. If only this was enough to get the PTB to recognize the error(s) in their ways and amend them quickly.  Alas this is not the case, JW is so bad minded and well off, if we crashed out of the semi-final round miserably (which can readily happen BTW) he would find a sacpe goat (likely Maturana) and move right onto his next venture.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 05:54:53 PM »
Agree completely w/the core of this message. If only this was enough to get the PTB to recognize the error(s) in their ways and amend them quickly.  Alas this is not the case, JW is so bad minded and well off, if we crashed out of the semi-final round miserably (which can readily happen BTW) he would find a sacpe goat (likely Maturana) and move right onto his next venture.
[/b]
 :applause:

In a way, when yuh step back an' reflec' I eh really worried in de long run, as once yuh have a core so of people who really get it, nutten cyah stop de eventual wave of action beginnin' out dey....
This message board has people wit' dey head ORN! dread.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »
it's true that de players that brought us to de promise land (world cup 2006). it doesn't means that r able to do it again. we need to work on the young players to bridge the gap for the future of your youths in trinidad. the government and the people need to play major role in the development of the country.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:20:18 PM »
Same old- same  old- Ask Italy/. The Commentators made the point it was not last European nor Word cup. Time waits for no man.
 Bring back Yorke- Bring back latapy= Why not Nakhid.
 Lets face it fellas- Apart from Birchall, that is our team.

:salute:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »
......we stop trying to be experts in areas where we have little or no experience.

I swear I have not seen so many doomsday warriors before we have started a WC campaign. Men callin de coach " goat " .... under dis coach we only lost one game to england yet he is ah " Goat ' ?
I doh care who we play a win is ah win wid dis bunch of inexperienced players.
Some ah dese fellas only now makin dey debut for the senior team yet they eh doing too bad in de warm ups ...
Give de man a chance !
Football eh like long time anybody could beat anybody. Dont take our wins against lower opposition as nothing !!! Venezuela beat Brazil ...Italy, The world champions got creamed by the dutch in an official competition..dey eh even have de luxury to cry " warm Up " .
Wha allyuh want ??

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »
......we stop trying to be experts in areas where we have little or no experience.

I swear I have not seen so many doomsday warriors before we have started a WC campaign. Men callin de coach " goat " .... under dis coach we only lost one game to england yet he is ah " Goat ' ?
I doh care who we play a win is ah win wid dis bunch of inexperienced players.
Some ah dese fellas only now makin dey debut for the senior team yet they eh doing too bad in de warm ups ...
Give de man a chance !
Football eh like long time anybody could beat anybody. Dont take our wins against lower opposition as nothing !!! Venezuela beat Brazil ...Italy, The world champions got creamed by the dutch in an official competition..dey eh even have de luxury to cry " warm Up " .
Wha allyuh want ??

That there is gospel..

I see men talking bout we should be giving Barbados 5 and beat Jamaica handsomely and what not...

CONCACAF football is not like back in the days of Shell Caribbean Cup and on a global level the playing surface has become flat.

I thought men would understand this looking at some of the results over the past couple years.. specifically:

- Cuba's performances in the Digicel Cup
- Guadeloupe getting to the semi finals of the Gold Cup
- Haiti winning the Digicel Cup and beating or matching opponents who have been perennially stronger.
- Bahamas beat somebody
- Grenada beat Jamaica

This could be the most competitive CONCACAF qualifying campaign in the history of our region.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
[/b]
 :applause:

In a way, when yuh step back an' reflec' I eh really worried in de long run, as once yuh have a core so of people who really get it, nutten cyah stop de eventual wave of action beginnin' out dey....This message board has people wit' dey head ORN! dread.

True, but is positive change ever forthcoming, our history in TT specficially doesn't necessarily reflect that in its entirety
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 07:23:06 PM »
That there is gospel..

I see men talking bout we should be giving Barbados 5 and beat Jamaica handsomely and what not...

CONCACAF football is not like back in the days of Shell Caribbean Cup and on a global level the playing surface has become flat.

I thought men would understand this looking at some of the results over the past couple years.. specifically:

- Cuba's performances in the Digicel Cup
- Guadeloupe getting to the semi finals of the Gold Cup
- Haiti winning the Digicel Cup and beating or matching opponents who have been perennially stronger.
- Bahamas beat somebody
- Grenada beat Jamaica

This could be the most competitive CONCACAF qualifying campaign in the history of our region.

Ah see yuh slowly changin yuh tune when ah see yuh singin de refrain to de new football road march...

"Who de hell is Michael Edwards??!!"... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 09:54:35 PM »
Michael Edwards a bad guitarist in meh church. Dey playin brand tub with dat team dey dippin in a tub and just pickin players. Sometime u get someting u want but most time u get grap
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>