April 25, 2024, 04:23:17 AM

Author Topic: UEFA Euro Thread.  (Read 242953 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Thread.
« Reply #1860 on: June 27, 2012, 03:44:50 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 27, 2012, 03:45:04 PM »
WHYYYY did Ronaldo not take the 4th penalty???!!!!!   :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Leave it to Bruno Alves hoss?

Because he is more interested in glory than (real) leadership.

Well, looked like leadership for a second (when he approached Rui Patricio to whisper in his ear) ... buh I really doh want to believe he was on a taking the winning kick scene.

Anchoring the kicks isn't a silly policy, but on the way the kicks (order and results) went ... yuh have to say, he should have at least kicked 4th.

That is why I said "(real) leadership".  Going and whisper in the 'keeper ear is jes talkin' a talk (and makin' sure yuh get as much camera time as yuh could get ::) )  Walkin' a walk is makin' sure you, as the team's supposed bess player and team captain/leader, and supposed (self proclaimed) bess player in the world (that does take all the penalties to keep up with Messi) supposed to make sure that your team, at the very least, keeps pace, kick for kick with the opposing team.  You cannot leave it to "lesser" players on the team to shoulder that responsibility. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 27, 2012, 03:47:45 PM »
WHYYYY did Ronaldo not take the 4th penalty???!!!!!   :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Well, looked like leadership for a second (when he approached Rui Patricio to whisper in his ear) ... buh I really doh want to believe he was on a taking the winning kick scene.

Anchoring the kicks isn't a silly policy, but on the way the kicks (order and results) went ... yuh have to say, he should have at least kicked 4th.

That is why I said "(real) leadership".  Going and whisper in the 'keeper ear is jes talkin' a talk (and makin' sure yuh get as much camera time as yuh could get ::) )  Walkin' a walk is makin' sure you, as the team's supposed bess player and team captain/leader, and supposed (self proclaimed) bess player in the world (that does take all the penalties to keep up with Messi) supposed to make sure that your team, at the very least, keeps pace, kick for kick with the opposing team.  You cannot leave it to "lesser" players on the team to shoulder that responsibility. 

Finally Chow we on the same page.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 27, 2012, 03:52:39 PM »
I was quaking when I see they send up wild man Pepe to kick one...

When he score, i say aight dey lucky....

Next ting i see an even wilder, more outta timing man in Bruno Alves going up... I say naaaah, and was glad when Nani huff him.

Yuh ride yuh luck with Pepe, but sending up Bruno Alves was just asking for problems. That man is a rank hoofer.

I woulda thought man like Varela or Coentrao woulda take something before them but who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 27, 2012, 03:56:24 PM »
Wham fellas how nobody eh talking about Ramos PK
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 27, 2012, 03:56:50 PM »
Where Toppa gone.............     :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 27, 2012, 03:57:36 PM »
Wham fellas how nobody eh talking about Ramos PK

Steups, that fake shit?

We see that already.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 27, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »

Finally Chow we on the same page.

:D  I does be on my own page.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 27, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »
Well, here's an associated issue: Lloris is captain of France by default (incidentally, has this been the major tournament with a record # of keepers captaining squads? ... there seemed to be nuff a dem. Is Ronaldo skipper of Portugal (essentially default and a lil bit of deference? ... coz iz his time?) ... Been considering this for a lil while ... although I frankly cyah see who else could hold the armband on that squad (that could start consistently). In my view the only other option would be Bruno Alves.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 27, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »

Dise true but yuh's still ah hater.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 27, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »

Dise true but yuh's still ah hater.

:laugh: :laugh:  Dize true....but all my hate does be well warranted.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 27, 2012, 04:09:46 PM »

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 27, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
Well, here's an associated issue: Lloris is captain of France by default (incidentally, has this been the major tournament with a record # of keepers captaining squads? ... there seemed to be nuff a dem. Is Ronaldo skipper of Portugal (essentially default and a lil bit of deference? ... coz iz his time?) ... Been considering this for a lil while ... although I frankly cyah see who else could hold the armband on that squad (that could start consistently). In my view the only other option would be Bruno Alves.

In my equally subjective view, I concede, I could see Nani being the captain of this Portugal team.  I really don't know why metro is the captain....yes he is, I guess, their best player, but he is far from being a good leader in my books.  All them antics he does be doing, (the strong man pose on the free-kicks), all the pouting and preening, the "look at me" persona that he exhibits, them things eh leadership.   

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 27, 2012, 04:20:56 PM »
Portugal deserve to go home.  Playing ante-football in extra time.  The better team won.

Anti-football? I think the word you're looking for is 'defending' :) ... presumably, it's easier to score a penalty than to score in the run of open play.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 27, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »

In my equally subjective view, I concede, I could see Nani being the captain of this Portugal team.  I really don't know why metro is the captain....yes he is, I guess, their best player, but he is far from being a good leader in my books.  All them antics he does be doing, (the strong man pose on the free-kicks), all the pouting and preening, the "look at me" persona that he exhibits, them things eh leadership.   

Nani still stuck in Ronaldo's shadow.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: June 27, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »
Is DHW again eh know.

Please don't start supporting Germany. This bandwagon can't hold any goats.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 27, 2012, 04:31:20 PM »
Is DHW again eh know.

Please don't start supporting Germany. This bandwagon can't hold any goats.

I aint think DHW side back one side that win a game in this tournament yet.

That boy sour enough to season a whale.

I just glad he's a man u fan to the bone yes.  :D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »
STUEPS how i turn the scapegoat for this now? Doh vex meh tonight eh  >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
STUEPS how i turn the scapegoat for this now? Doh vex meh tonight eh  >:(

Doh get yuh more vex yuh mean?  :rotfl:

And nice choice of words!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 27, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
Pretty boy gone home.....thank God.

Please Germany and Italy, doh put mih through no penalty drama tomorrow......eh have a side in this but ah giving Germany the edge.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 27, 2012, 05:16:27 PM »

Nani still stuck in Ronaldo's shadow.

I think as far as being recognized as leaders on this team, everybody is living in ronaldo's shadow, but I don't think he is as performances go.  He steps up just like other players do, for the good of the team.   

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 27, 2012, 05:44:16 PM »
Funnily I picked both Germany & Spain to make the final from the day this tournament kicked off and looks like my prediction is coming thru.

One more prediction:

Germany beats Spain in the final 2 - 1, no penalties required.

Now watch the ride!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 27, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Iz only one penalty Cristiano could take, why not take the last one?  I'm also sure he took the last kick vs England in 2006.

This tournament needs some more goals.  Two 0-0 draws in a row.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:58:37 PM by Peong »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 27, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
Iz only one penalty Cristiano could take, why not take the last one?  I'm also sure he took the last kick vs England in 2006.

I'm also sure he wasn't the highly heralded, take-all-the-free-kicks and take-all-the-penalty kicks leader and captain of the team back in '06, either.  So if you have your best penalty-kick takers on the right side and your not-so-best ones on the left side, yuh go let the onse on the left shoot first?  Who yuh want takin' yuh free-throws at the end of the game, Dennis Rodman or Michael Jordan?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 27, 2012, 07:04:13 PM »
Nani done went and huff Bruno Alves before he take his penalty... There would have been a mental effect... Why not send all the best takers ahead of him.

Had to be some kinda disastrous miscalculation went on there.

The order of kicking is handed to the ref before the kicks. Alves just jump the gun & the assistant ref probably informed them as such.
A number of Portugese fans at the bar I watch the game, was pissed at Ronaldo. They saying he wanted to kick last for glory & now shoulders none of the blame. Can't please fans.
I feel for Moutinho and Alves, they has played well all tournament and now all will be forgotten, due to the pk's

On another note DelBosque made excellent subs and moving Iniesta into a more central role as key playmaker almost turned the game. Spain looked more lively, moved the ball better & penetrated.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 27, 2012, 07:31:15 PM »

I'm also sure he wasn't the highly heralded, take-all-the-free-kicks and take-all-the-penalty kicks leader and captain of the team back in '06, either.  So if you have your best penalty-kick takers on the right side and your not-so-best ones on the left side, yuh go let the onse on the left shoot first?  Who yuh want takin' yuh free-throws at the end of the game, Dennis Rodman or Michael Jordan?

You're right, he wasn't the #1 man like now.  So what?  If Alves missed at #5 would they be through?  A team counts on every single kicker to score, and they don't select kickers thinking that they will miss.   Each man has to do his job.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 27, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
"If Pirlo was English would he have made the squad let alone been on the pitch?"

_ Rio Ferdinand

Spot on, Rio.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:37 AM »

You're right, he wasn't the #1 man like now.  So what?  If Alves missed at #5 would they be through?  A team counts on every single kicker to score, and they don't select kickers thinking that they will miss.   Each man has to do his job.

Yes, a team counts on every kicker to score and they are expected to score, I agree.  I totally agree.  I am one of those that thinks a penalty is a sure goal and every professional footballer at this level should be able to score a penalty......but for me, understanding the whole psychological drama involved in a penalty kick shootout, it is important (to me) that my team goes first with the men that are the likeliest to score theirs because if the opposing team miss any or many of theirs as each round of kicks is taken, that pressure mounts more and more on them and is taken more and more off my team's shoulders.  I am no stats-loving fella, but from what I see, most shootouts don't end up 5-5 after the first 5 kicks, so you could toss "expectations" out the window because somebody is going to miss.  When you couple that with the fact that metro takes every single free-kick for Portugal, he is likely to take every single penalty for them like he pretty much does for RM, he has this coach making this team all play to cater to him and give him the ball, then why wouldn't he want the ball when it counts the most?  If Alves had missed # 5 after metro scored any of 1 thru 4, of course Alves would be labeled a goat but no one would be questioning ronaldo's leadership.  He would have done what most people expect of him.  I dunno, maybe the military brainwashed me or something but I cannot identify with "leaders" that step back when the pressure is on, rather than step up or step forward. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 28, 2012, 04:17:42 AM »

Toppa gone unda......
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Thread.
« Reply #1889 on: June 28, 2012, 05:03:35 AM »
"If Pirlo was English would he have made the squad let alone been on the pitch?"

_ Rio Ferdinand

Spot on, Rio.

Reading the comments making me laugh, before they read and understand what the man saying they calling Rio bitter. No wonder they football in shit. Them fellas cah take criticism
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>