April 25, 2024, 01:57:14 PM

Author Topic: UEFA Euro Thread.  (Read 243011 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: EURO 2012 Final Draw
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »
In World Cup 2010 qualifying, we drew with Italy in Bari (last minute Robbie Keane equaliser) 1-1, drew with them in Dublin 2-2 after they scored in the last minute (it didn't really matter as we knew we were only going to playoffs anyway), and beat them 2-0 in a friendly in Belgium in June, not to mention Ray Houghton's winner over them in World Cup 1994...I'm not afraid of any greasy Italians (or Spaniards).

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Thread.
« Reply #271 on: December 03, 2011, 09:46:11 AM »
...I'm not afraid of any greasy Italians (or Spaniards).

Whoa! We Spaniards not greasy  ???

And BTW, we taking the Cup again... Like duh

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 03, 2011, 10:29:19 AM »
Tougher competition in the opening round than the World Cup.
It will be a very interesting opening competition
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »
Predictions:

Group A: Russia and Poland
Group B: Germany and Holland
Group C: Spain and Ireland
Group D: England and France

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 03, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »
Look at group B, wow, that is actually crazy.  :o :o

Stark raving mad
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 03, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »
Predictions:

You love your Brit teams eh  ;D
Rep Ireland! Seriously!!
Ukraine playing at home will not be easy at all. Teams in that group don't count
your chickens at all. France for example struggling to score goals.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 03, 2011, 03:58:33 PM »
italy takin at least 7pts from that group

Trapattoni go do it to dem  ;D
Like Shabbazz?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »
Looks like Germany is going green once again:

new away kit

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 09, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »
love that new germany kit!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »
Predictions:

You love your Brit teams eh  ;D
Rep Ireland! Seriously!!
Ukraine playing at home will not be easy at all. Teams in that group don't count
your chickens at all. France for example struggling to score goals.
Am saving this post Observer so I can rub in your face in June  ;)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
This thread eh really start until I post.....

GO ORANJE!!!!!

Bring it..... :bringiton: :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »
This thread eh really start until I post.....

GO ORANJE!!!!!

Bring it..... :bringiton: :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

;D ;D

Ah tink ah drinkin d juice wit yuh dis rounds. France does b meh 1st team in Europe then d Dutch but ah doin d reverse dis time around.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Euro 2012 Thread
« Reply #282 on: May 16, 2012, 08:56:11 AM »
England going and get sooo much licks with this side they call up here eh..

No Rio Ferdinand, Micah Richards, Carrick or Adam Johnson.. And Rooney out for the first 2 games. Plus Hodgson gone and pick Stewart Downing  ???

England Euro 2012 squad: Ruddy, Carroll & Defoe in, Ferdinand out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18081125

Liverpool striker Andy Carroll has been included in England's 23-man squad for Euro 2012, but there is no place for Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand.

The 33-year-old is a surprise omission but Chelsea's John Terry has been named in a squad captained by Steven Gerrard.

There are call-ups for uncapped Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy.

Liverpool winger Stewart Downing and Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck have also been picked.

"It's not been an easy squad to put together," said boss Roy Hodgson. "But I'm pleased with the squad I've put together and I think it's a well-balanced squad."

Gerrard, who captained Liverpool during Hodgson's time as manager at Anfield, also led England at the 2010 World Cup.

"I know him as a player and a person and how committed he is to the England cause," explained Hodgson.

"He will help me build the team unity and environment we need to thrive in a tournament."

As expected, Wayne Rooney is selected despite being suspended for the first two games of England's Group D campaign, against France on 11 June and Sweden four days later.
Ian Dennis BBC Radio 5 live senior football reporter

"After the debacle in South Africa, everyone was clamouring for youth. I'm slightly surprised Roy Hodgson has only named four forwards considering he will be without Wayne Rooney for a couple of games."

In addition to Carroll, Welbeck and Rooney, Hodgson will take Jermain Defoe - who has not played a competitive match for England since September 2010 - as a striking option.

Birmingham goalkeeper Jack Butland is among the list of five standby players, which also comprises Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge, Phil Jagielka and Jordan Henderson.

Barring injury, Johnson will miss out on a major tournament for a second time, having been axed from Fabio Capello's provisional World Cup squad in 2010.

Hodgson's wide players are Ashley Young, Theo Walcott, James Milner, Downing and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

There is no place for Manchester United's Michael Carrick as Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Scott Parker - who is struggling with an Achilles injury - take the central midfield berths.

Manchester City right-back Micah Richards also misses out as Hodgson names only seven orthodox defenders, including Phil Jones and Joleon Lescott, who are both capable of filling more than one position.
Did you know?

John Ruddy is getting married to fiancee Laura when England play their final warm up game before Euro 2012 against Belgium at Wembley on 2 June

Tottenham right-back Kyle Walker was ruled out with a toe injury.

Ruddy joins Joe Hart and Robert Green in the goalkeeping contingent.

"It's a real honour for me and hopefully it's an indication as to how far I have developed as a player," said Ruddy.

"Playing for my country has been a dream of mine, of course it has.

"I'm under no illusions as to the quality of Joe Hart and Rob Green and that I will be number three keeper. But I'm really looking forward to training with them and getting down to some hard work."

The Football Association's planned training camp in Spain has been cancelled.

Instead, England will meet up in Manchester on Wednesday before flying to Norway on Friday for their friendly in Oslo on 26 May.

Seven days later, they face Belgium at Wembley - although Ruddy will be missing having been given special dispensation to leave the squad for his wedding on 2 June.
England squad:

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Robert Green, John Ruddy.

Defenders - Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry.

Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.

Strikers - Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck.

Standby - Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2012 Thread
« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »
Andy Carroll and Jermaine Defoe before Sturridge is crap. Micah Richards should have been included as he can play central defense.
nuff cut-arse for this team

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
i scratching mih head about some of these selections...ox? defoe? carroll? no rio or walker?

anyhow roy is more expert than me.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
Hmmm, the Micah omission (if we only looking at RB/ RWB) I can understand with G. Johnson there.  But Micah can also play centrally and to be real I don't feel like Terry has had a good enough season to be included, I think Jagaelka should be in that spot.  Phil Jones is coming along well but he shouldn't be ahead of Micah at all.  The Downing pick makes no sense and no way Milner should be picked in front of Adam Johnson.  Sturridge if only for how much of a threat he is up front and his ability to evade players on the wing should be on the squad (especially with no Rooney those first two games).  IDK nah, to me no matter who they run out I really can't see them beating the likes of Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal and Russia

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »
Imo, Micah Richards is the best English right back especially defensively.. Then its Kyle Walker, then Glen Johnson third.. Glen Johnson good going forward but he is a defensive liability.

I don't understand how you go into a tournament with one recognized right back and Phil Jones to cover. Picture a Robben running up against Phil Jones, i'd feel alot better about Micah Richards dealing with him.

I think the Carroll pick is a good one, but why not a 5th forward given that Rooney is suspended for 2 games? Wellbeck and Defoe is not men enough cover up top, coulda pick Sturridge.

How is Milner on that side in front of Carrick and how is Downing on that side is a mystery to me. How is Cahill there over Jagielka?

Anyway, no difference is licks all the same for this shitty Hengland squad.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:39:24 AM by dinho »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »
They should nickname the English FA the moonwalkers cause they only giving the appearance of moving forward.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 16, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »
A thread bout Euro 2012 descend into a England thread.

I'll check back when peeps start to discuss proper teams
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 16, 2012, 10:12:08 AM »
Imo, Micah Richards is the best English right back especially defensively.. Then its Kyle Walker, then Glen Johnson third.. Glen Johnson good going forward but he is a defensive liability.

I don't understand how you go into a tournament with one recognized right back and Phil Jones to cover. Picture a Robben running up against Phil Jones, i'd feel alot better about Micah Richards dealing with him.

I think the Carroll pick is a good one, but why not a 5th forward given that Rooney is suspended for 2 games? Wellbeck and Defoe is not men enough cover up top, coulda pick Sturridge.

How is Milner on that side in front of Carrick and how is Downing on that side is a mystery to me. How is Cahill there over Jagielka?

Anyway, no difference is licks all the same for this shitty Hengland squad.

I can agree Micah is the best defensive option at RB but you know England always want to have the full backs going forward which is where Johson has the advantage.  To me Johnson come a bit like Sergio Ramos because neither of them are much more than average defenders but very good going forward.  Phil certainly eh belong there because he will get slice and diced by the likes oh Robben, Ronaldo, Mata, et al.  Jagaelka certainly deserves a spot but I wouldn't leave out Cahill doh.  Cahill does work hard at the back and brings a lot to set pieces.  I initially said Terry could have been omitted but looking at it again that would leave them without true leadership at the back that you have in veterans like him and Rio.  Looking at the forwards I am even more convinced that Sturrige should have been included because despite having a few good showings recently I don't know that I would start Carol with either Welbeck or Defoe.  I like Defoe but he does come up lame in crucial times.  I totally missed that Carrick was omitted and that is a major ommission.  In de end is de same khaki pants oui cause is lix all de same lol

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 16, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »

:rotfl:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 16, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
ok. look a better side here.

Provisional Germany squad for Euro 2012

Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen), Ron Robert Zieler (Hannover), Marc-André ter Stegen (Borussia Mönchengladbach); Holger Badstuber, Jérôme Boateng, Philipp Lahm (all Bayern Munich), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer (both Borussia Dortmund), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal); Sven Bender, Mario Götze, Ilkay Gundogan (all Borussia Dortmund), Lars Bender, Andre Schürrle (both Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Schalke), Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Bastian Schweinsteiger (all Bayern Munich), Sami Khedira, Mesut Ozil (both Real Madrid), Marco Reus (Borussia Monchengladbach); Lukas Podolski (Cologne), Cacau (Stuttgart), Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich), Miroslav Klose (Lazio).

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2012, 10:52:16 AM »

oh shit :rotfl:
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 16, 2012, 11:18:42 AM »

Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen), Ron Robert Zieler (Hannover), Marc-André ter Stegen (Borussia Mönchengladbach); Holger Badstuber, Jérôme Boateng, Philipp Lahm (all Bayern Munich), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer (both Borussia Dortmund), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal); Sven Bender, Mario Götze, Ilkay Gundogan (all Borussia Dortmund), Lars Bender, Andre Schürrle (both Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Schalke), Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Bastian Schweinsteiger (all Bayern Munich), Sami Khedira, Mesut Ozil (both Real Madrid), Marco Reus (Borussia Monchengladbach); Lukas Podolski (Cologne), Cacau (Stuttgart), Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich), Miroslav Klose (Lazio).

This squad can cause some serious damage., especially going forward Gomez in fine form and he is an in the box striker, a player type Germans like, add Rueus & look out. Only one selection surprise me , its Mertesacker. Did not play well with Arsenal, was exposed for pace and he has been injured.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 16, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »

So true eh.. lol

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 16, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »

This squad can cause some serious damage., especially going forward Gomez in fine form and he is an in the box striker, a player type Germans like, add Rueus & look out. Only one selection surprise me , its Mertesacker. Did not play well with Arsenal, was exposed for pace and he has been injured.

This side have all kinda depth too... Spain better watch out.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 16, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »

Yuh look at that squad and is pace through and through...

Big, big keeper in Neuer.. A solid defence with Lahm, Hummels, Boateng and Holger...  Then a midfield with the usual suspects, add in the Dortmund men like Sven Bender and Gotze.. Then a proven finisher in Gomez up top, with Podolski and Klose in the mix..

I have Germany down as my favourites to win it all..

I feel Spain will fall off this tournament with no fit or in form striker (Torres/Villa/Pedro), Puyol out injured and Pique tootoolbay on Shakira off form...

I looking for the Germans and the Dutch to go far.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 16, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »

On the international stage, Per Pertesacker has been a stalwart for Germany and has usually been one of their best players. 

I kinda surprised, but knowing Low's loyalty to certain players, not completely surprised that Klose & Cacau in the squad.  I thought that one of Harnik or Keibling would be in with a shout.

Their midfield looks formidable sah.  Wheyyyyyysssss.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 16, 2012, 01:00:47 PM »
I have a feeling about France....

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille), Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux).

Defenders: Gael Clichy (Manchester City), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Philippe Mexes (AC Milan), Adil Rami (Valencia), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Anthony Reveillere (Olympique Lyon), Mapou Yanga Mbiwa (Montpellier).

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Samir Nasri (Manchester City), Alou Diarra (Olympique Marseille), Yann Mvila (Stade Rennes), Yoann Gourcuff (Olympique Lyon), Marvin Martin (Sochaux), Blaise Matuidi (Paris St Germain).

Forwards: Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Olivier Giroud (Montpellier), Jeremy Menez (Paris St Germain), Loic Remy (Olympique Marseille), Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique Marseille).

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 16, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »
Even France will buss England ass wide open lol

1]; } ?>