March 28, 2024, 07:22:02 AM

Author Topic: UEFA Euro Thread.  (Read 241890 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2008 Italy vs Holland
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2008, 05:22:43 PM »
lawd boy, the last time i remember Italy holding more than 2 in a tournament was against Brazil when they get the 4-1 and I cant even remember that cause ah wasn't even born yet.   :-\

Omar ah know yuh hurtin eh but dat funny as hell..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl:
Very.

And if he see hummuch beat pass in dat game ON TOP ah de cutarse dey get, is now he go wish he wasn't even born! ;D  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
wdmc..

i feeling gutted...

italy is a side you don't score more than 1 goal against. full stop.

they go call for donadoni head on a platter.

i eh understand donadoni starting 3 defensive central midfielders with Ambrosini, Gattuso and Pirlo picking up the ball from deep.  The problem was that it had nobody to do what Cassano came on and was doing in that starting lineup; pick up the ball in the midfield in the attacking third and run at the defence to create to make something happen.

in short, he didnt start anyone to replace Totti, yet the system is the same as when Totti was there.

He need to start Cassano or Del Piero in the hole next game.

lawd boy, the last time i remember Italy holding more than 2 in a tournament was against Brazil when they get the 4-1 and I cant even remember that cause ah wasn't even born yet.   :-\

Omar yuh have tuh give up on dem teams in blue cause dey just givin yuh blueeees!

giggsy11

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
A team with a  United player on it will win Euro 08!

Geez Louise!! Talk 'bout spreadin' disease!

Aint no disease is the RED storm! Attack on all fronts! Beware you and yuh fellow hators next!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2008, 05:36:54 PM »
ESPN replaying de game....oh lord ah in heaven....ah going and cock up mih foot and take it een in full from start to end...ah only get to see it in pieces earlier today....

Oh lawd thank yuh Holland....cuz lately mih own National team just giving mih stress.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2008, 05:43:18 PM »
steups... i still sour.

oh feck man, 3-0? Best we go back to de tried and tested catenaccio!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2008, 05:47:00 PM »
steups... i still sour.

oh feck man, 3-0? Best we go back to de tried and tested catenaccio!

this is not yuh season omar, doh study it  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
wdmc..

i feeling gutted...

italy is a side you don't score more than 1 goal against. full stop.

they go call for donadoni head on a platter.

i eh understand donadoni starting 3 defensive central midfielders with Ambrosini, Gattuso and Pirlo picking up the ball from deep.  The problem was that it had nobody to do what Cassano came on and was doing in that starting lineup; pick up the ball in the midfield in the attacking third and run at the defence to create to make something happen.

in short, he didnt start anyone to replace Totti, yet the system is the same as when Totti was there.

He need to start Cassano or Del Piero in the hole next game.

1970 WC final, Brazil beat Italy 4-1, that's the last time I recall them getting a thumping like this, will be surprised if Donadoni survives all the way to the end, filling Lippi's shoes was always going to be tough, how do you top winning a WC
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2008, 07:22:57 PM »
Right...ah see it start to end....and Italy remind mih of Brazil in de last WC....de real Italy never show up!!..Ok ah gone...

Whoo!! hoo!!...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2008, 07:32:04 PM »
if that is the rule it need SERIOUS revision!!

in this case Panucci wasnt intentionally stepping out of bounds...he get clean up by Bufon and was obviously injured
ITaly is alwasy suffer frm these kinda decisions and i still tink they comin out
holland hadda win all their games for we

that rule is going to be investigated for sure after this tournament
all the years i watching football...i never hear suck BS ...The Austrian fella must be jus say that not to cause no uproar at his country's tournament

he mad

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2008, 07:47:44 PM »
a mentally tough team would not have allowed the first goal to de-rail them (off-side or not)

Italy look like a 2nd division team playing a 1st division team .. lol

Let's see if they can recover
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »

in this case Panucci wasnt intentionally stepping out of bounds...he get clean up by Bufon and was obviously injured
ITaly is alwasy suffer frm these kinda decisions and i still tink they comin out

all the years i watching football...i never hear suck BS ...The Austrian fella must be jus say that not to cause no uproar at his country's tournament

he mad

they made sure to stress that aspect of the law when i was doing my certification. the purpose of the law was to stop people from walking off the field to catch people offside. granted the defender get a hard lash from Buffon, and that is a gray area, but that is the rule as it stands. the difficult part to fix it would be how to make an exception for injury and still prevent men from dropping and crawling off ah field or faking ah cramp.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »

he mad

Bear in mind the goal occured almost instantaneous to the injury to Panucci, there was no time to stop and assess whether the injury was legitimate or whether he was faking.  I think under those circumstances it is proper to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team and not to the defender.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2008 France vs Romania
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
and to think i was backing france... Finally i see a coach who plays more defence than Beenhakker.
Please dont bring France coach to these shores...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2008 France vs Romania
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »
France looked horrible but I doh jump ship once yuh is meh team I goin down but lawd
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
People memory short oui! What goes around, comes to hell around. Italy was catapulted into the '06 WC Final in the pocket of a terrible call against poor Australia. If they get one bad call against them (one they still had plenty time and oportunity to recover from) and it end up influencing a major loss, well sobeit.  :p  They ain't quite been eliminated from the tournament just yet. They should get over their issues and play ball. The Dutch were the far better team on this day.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2008, 08:47:27 PM »
Thank u Mango what dey say bout God sleepin plus 2 other goals score 2day
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »
definetly de best game for de whole dam cup... Germany, Holland, portugal so far balling people.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2008, 09:14:37 PM »
It doh seem to matter that he was knocked out of the field by another player.
Once he there he there.
The other defenders should know about that rule and not try to play the stiker offside in such a situation, because he cannot be offside.
If they doh know the rule that is their hard luck.
Even if they know the rule, is a split second ting, nobody had time to think about it and Italy paid the price.

That 2nd goal was a beauty.  Yuh doh get to see Buffon beaten at the near post very often!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2008, 10:24:15 PM »
It doh seem to matter that he was knocked out of the field by another player.
Once he there he there.
The other defenders should know about that rule and not try to play the stiker offside in such a situation, because he cannot be offside.
If they doh know the rule that is their hard luck.
Even if they know the rule, is a split second ting, nobody had time to think about it and Italy paid the price.

That 2nd goal was a beauty.  Yuh doh get to see Buffon beaten at the near post very often!

you know what was the thing that made that goal fuh me?  Van Bronckhorst was de man who clear de ball off the goaline from the Italy corner.  De man made that clearance and sprinted up field full-tilt...collect de pass and headed to goal then paused.  I ready tuh cuss de man fuh pulling up...when he look up and see Kuyt and fed him dat sweet cross, totally ketching de Italy defense sleeping.  Kuyt then knock de ball down perfectly fuh Sneijder tuh put it away.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »
Yeh the defense do real shit.  Zambrotta run across to cover Kuyt and the two in the middle daydream until too late.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2008, 11:37:26 PM »
Yeh the defense do real shit.  Zambrotta run across to cover Kuyt and the two in the middle daydream until too late.

that was italy problem today
materNAZI play shit today
how much times he let men free in the middle? 2 clear breaks for Ruud as well that did not score
they really missed carnivaro, and because of that they will go home early
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:40:34 PM by ricky »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2008, 02:26:40 AM »
‘There was also a great deal of controversy over the opening goal, as Ruud Van Nistelrooy was considered to be onside because Panucci was off the field injured. However, under new laws this is only classified as an active position if the player is standing off the field of play by choice. This situation certainly did not apply to Panucci, who was on the ground in clear pain following a collision with Gigi Buffon.’ Goal.com

but I still glad revenge for what happen to Australia
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2008, 04:29:34 AM »
This is an incredibly important decision.....it could lose me the fantasy league title  :rotfl:

Euro 2008 - Controversy over "legal" Ruud goal
Eurosport - Tue, 10 Jun 09:49:00 2008

Controversy continues to rage over Ruud van Nistelrooy's first goal for Netherlands against Italy, with referees and players arguing over their interpretation of the offside law.

Van Nistelrooy scored in the 26th minute of his team's 3-0 Group C win in Berne, turning a fierce drive from Wesley Sneijder past keeper Gianluigi Buffon from close range.

The Italians protested he was offside and video replays showed him in what looked a blatant offside position. Van Nistelrooy and his team mates looked nervously around expecting the linesman's flag as they celebrated the goal.

But later there was confusion about whether Italy defender Christian Panucci had played the Dutch striker onside.

Panucci fell and went off the field of play behind the byline after clashing with other players in the preceding goalmouth scramble and was lying injured on his back when the ball went into the net.

Austrian referees' commission chairman Gerhard Kapl said the goal was correctly awarded.

"The injured player behind the goal counts as a player on the field and therefore it was not offside," said Kapl.

Predictably, Dutch players said the goal was good and Italian players said it was not.

UEFA were unable to clear up the matter immediately and none of the experts quoted on various TV networks seemed able to point to a rule in FIFA's laws of the game which could clarify the position.

UEFA media official Richard Hurni told Reuters at the stadium: "There won't be anything official tonight. It will probably be at the briefing tomorrow."

Tournament organisers hold a daily media briefing at 0900 GMT. UEFA general secretary David Taylor was due to be at Tuesday's briefing.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2008, 05:09:32 AM »
well yes,
imagine they allow Van Nistelroy goal to stand yesterday and they disallow TT goal vs jamaica, which carter scored after it bounced off a Ja player between him and he got the same return ball.

I still dont understand why they dont have TV replays in what is supposed to be the biggest game in the world.
Steups.
Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2008, 05:17:33 AM »

ALL DAY!!! Ah wuh some French Blood bad too..we thusty..lol
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2008, 05:23:58 AM »
.....and for all de controversy surrounding de first goal, Italy woulda still be crying dis morning....dey get 2 more in de rukung....and get outplayed bad, bad, bad....

Dey is big hard back men....dey goh bounce back....well dey better or else de whole team goh have to seek asylum in another country   :devil:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2008, 05:40:10 AM »
italy wearing blue and like they real blight still boy.

losing 3 nil in the group ah death hmmmmmmm.  going to take alot of work to advance now

France play mess also.... so they might have a chance to beat dem and de Romanians....

Besides the RVN's goal, Italy's defence and mid was shaky.... may be dem was sitting under some florentine palm tree sipping alcho.... before euros...

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2008, 05:47:38 AM »
wha bout the 3rd goal!van bronk pelt he frame straight up the field to score the 3rd goal! talk about an attacking wing back!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2008, 06:44:33 AM »
People memory short oui! What goes around, comes to hell around. Italy was catapulted into the '06 WC Final in the pocket of a terrible call against poor Australia. If they get one bad call against them (one they still had plenty time and oportunity to recover from) and it end up influencing a major loss, well sobeit.  :p  They ain't quite been eliminated from the tournament just yet. They should get over their issues and play ball. The Dutch were the far better team on this day.     
That was only make up for all the shit calls they give we in korea
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

1]; } ?>