April 26, 2024, 10:15:23 PM

Author Topic: UEFA Euro Thread.  (Read 243204 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Thread.
« Reply #660 on: June 11, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »
England well park de bus in this game. Boring.

Lalas talkin real tootoo and Ballack want to laugh at him.

lol What Lalas saying allyuh?

No ESPN coverage for me today.

Lalas bawl he very impressed with an excellent performance from England.

They had a plan and they executed well.

Ballack face was like WTF.

Part 1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_DB4LA0tKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/x_DB4LA0tKU</a>

Part 2
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOuiZ3IJIMY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TOuiZ3IJIMY</a>
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:19:28 PM by Peong »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 11, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »
All these ESPN former american soccer players does remind me of  bill O'riley on fox news network.

harks, wonalda , bill lee, julie foudy, and now this waste of ah fack, lal-ass! all ah dem real bulley-ish, super opinionated and dismissive! in other words, crude and rude!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 12, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »
England well park de bus in this game. Boring.

Lalas talkin real tootoo and Ballack want to laugh at him.

lol What Lalas saying allyuh?

No ESPN coverage for me today.

Lalas bawl he very impressed with an excellent performance from England.

They had a plan and they executed well.

Ballack face was like WTF.

Part 1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_DB4LA0tKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/x_DB4LA0tKU</a>

Part 2
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOuiZ3IJIMY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TOuiZ3IJIMY</a>

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 12, 2012, 08:48:41 AM »
 :rotfl: @ that gif.

But allyuh might crucify me, but Lalas had a point...they both had points but I don't think Lalas was talking so much lala.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 12, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
Murphy's law says that now that Sheva has been subbed, Sweden will score and the Ukraine will need a finisher.

goat mouth.......how lucky was that

I guess Murphy doh play football.

Good game.  :applause:

Fete in Kiev tonight! Free bananas for everyone!

:applause:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 12, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »
All these ESPN former american soccer players does remind me of  bill O'riley on fox news network.

harks, wonalda , bill lee, julie foudy, and now this waste of ah fack, lal-ass! all ah dem real bulley-ish, super opinionated and dismissive! in other words, crude and rude!

Yessir ... something so.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 12, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »
Toppa - Lalas bawl: you have to do what it takes to win...

Ballack bawl: but they didn't win...

silence.....................crickets..............................silence.......................crickets

Had me wondering if that was a scheduled commercial break that followed.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 12, 2012, 09:07:29 AM »
Proving to be a tourney of quality decisive headers ... a dep't we lacking in. Although ah hadda smile when I think of Dennis Lawrence as I write that.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 12, 2012, 09:08:44 AM »

But allyuh might crucify me, but Lalas had a point...they both had points but I don't think Lalas was talking so much lala.

Lalas might have a point, but why he must try to gunta he point down people throat.... Man does be interrupting mid sentence, loud and boisterous before Ballack sentence even finish.... And yuh done know Ballack is ah opinionated kinda fellah who doh eat nice.

Them ESPN production staff hadda tell Lalas to take it down a notch to B flat yes.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »

Lalas might have a point, but why he must try to gunta he point down people throat.... Man does be interrupting mid sentence, loud and boisterous before Ballack sentence even finish.... And yuh done know Ballack is ah opinionated kinda fellah who doh eat nice.

Them ESPN production staff hadda tell Lalas to take it down a notch to B flat yes.

I guess that's just his personality, likewise Ballack is just much more blunt and straightforward. But it is awkward though (lol) and it doesn't promote good chemistry. You could tell Ballack is irritated by Lalas and Lalas probably thinks Ballack is just uptight. Maybe it's just a culture clash.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 12, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »

Lalas is right to say England should play to their strengths but what had Ballack puzzled was that Lalas was impressed by them. 
There wasn't anything impressive in what they did.  You expect England to be able to pull off a draw if they park the bus. 
If they were playing more openly and attacking and still drew vs France then maybe that would be impressive. 
Plus Lalas say they have to do what it takes to get the win lol.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 12, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »
Right after all that, a young 30s SWF who doh follow ball, buh was ketching de footage in de vicinity ask meh deadpan curious (in reference to Lalas) ... "What's Ginger's story?"

Ah nearly dead.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 12, 2012, 09:31:51 AM »
Right after all that, a young 30s SWF who doh follow ball, buh was ketching de footage in de vicinity ask meh deadpan curious (in reference to Lalas) ... "What's Ginger's story?"

Ah nearly dead.

bahahaha  :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 12, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »

Just Cool, what you have to understand is that when ESPN looking for football analysts, they have certain criteria..

First and foremost they have to be American.. Secondly they have to be an ex-player/active player the audience can identify with... Thirdly, they have to have a personality that is palatable to an american audience, i.e. wild and excitable...

Example, like a Steven A. Smith, Charles Barkley or Kenny Smith in NBA, them fellahs does resonate with an American audience.

Unfortunately when yuh sift through the candidates and narrow down the pool to fit that profile yuh end up with an Alexi Lalas. For us who accustomed to and interested in football commentary focused on substance, this is a disgrace.. Especially for European analysts who have to sit alongside that and bite dey lip.

But is just that ESPN catering to an audience. Just thank yuh lucky stars them men ent commentating the whole actual games.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 12, 2012, 09:35:31 AM »

Just Cool, what you have to understand is that when ESPN looking for football analysts, they have certain criteria..

First and foremost they have to be American.. Secondly they have to be an ex-player/active player the audience can identify with... Thirdly, they have to have a personality that is palatable to an american audience, i.e. wild and excitable...

Example, like a Steven A. Smith, Charles Barkley or Kenny Smith in NBA, them fellahs does resonate with an American audience.

Unfortunately when yuh sift through the candidates and narrow down the pool to fit that profile yuh end up with an Alexi Lalas. For us who accustomed to and interested in football commentary focused on substance, this is a disgrace.. Especially for European analysts who have to sit alongside that and bite dey lip.

But is just that ESPN catering to an audience. Just thank yuh lucky stars them men ent commentating the whole actual games.

Flashback tot he horror of WC 2006
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 12, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
Poland vs Russia later  :whip:
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 12, 2012, 10:05:13 AM »
Goal CZE!  Pretty through ball.

2-0 wdm!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 12, 2012, 10:06:31 AM »
Greece loss already
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 12, 2012, 10:23:58 AM »
lol @ the Dalai lama gif...

Allyuh fellas real f-ing funny jed. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 12, 2012, 10:41:40 AM »
Greece could play, I don't know why they subscribe to this anti-football philosophy
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 12, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
Greece could play, I don't know why they subscribe to this anti-football philosophy

They probably watched de England game yesterday and heard LaLas comments about how impressed he was by there play.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 12, 2012, 10:53:28 AM »
WHY ARE IS THERE SO MANY YANKS TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL ON MY SCREEN !!!!!!!! .
Youtube Channel

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 12, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »
Yo i feel like Ballack was real close to slapping Lallas dey boy...lol

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 12, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »
Chris Sullivan is a balanced American football commentator, but I have not seen him other than on FSC.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 12, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »
2-1 Greece 53 rd min bad mistake by the keeper

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 12, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »
lol Czech Rep. just messed up 2-1 and they took off Rosicky.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 12, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »

Part 2

Yuh notice they put up Lalas Resume, like that suppose to convince yuh on the shyte he talking. Why did they not put up Ballack Resume? They would have had to cut away from studio and run a highlight reel.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 12, 2012, 11:46:26 AM »
Yuh notice they put up Lalas Resume, like that suppose to convince yuh on the shyte he talking. Why did they not put up Ballack Resume? They would have had to cut away from studio and run a highlight reel.

They need to put up Ballack resume every time they show him on-screen?

----------------------------------------------------

Aside from that, saying that ESPN looking for "wild and exciteable" analysts is as nonsensical as calling Barkley and Kenny Smith "wild and exciteable".  Barkley is in the TNT studio because he's funny and to an extent unpredictable.  He's a great quote machine and has always been throughout his career.  He's no different from Ray Hudson in that regard so to draw up some dichotomy of approach between supposedly "American tastes" and "our" footballing tastes on that point is simply dishonest.

ESPN appears to go after former US players who are "accomplished" and who have personality.  In that regard Lalas fits the bill in his own limited way, perhaps moreso than any other US player current or retired.  The problem with the ESPN approach is that they seem to be treating him (or allowing him to see himself) as some kinda expert, which he isn't.  His resume pales in comparison to most of the other guests they employ (except he lacks the humility to recognize this... or otherwise thinks it insignificant), yet he opines in such a manner as to suggest that he is their equal or better.

All that said, I didn't think the exchange was as significant as men was making it out to be.

-----------------------------------------------

All this talk, and the respective scorelines aside... we are seeing some real quality football at this tournament.  Selassie was good in the first game for the Czech Republic... but he was brilliant tonight.  Same for Jiracek or whatever the first goal scorer name is.  For Greece, Samaras leave everything on the pitch tonight.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:51:39 PM by Bakes »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 12, 2012, 11:48:20 AM »

I agree wid everything yuh said. Unfortunately we doing de same thing in this thread. Doe get meh wrong, ah respect the fact that people have dey opinions. But we focusing more on LaLas and his antics rather than the actual games.
Like you stated, dem fellas only dey for sensationalism and overexuberance.... Leh we just enjoy de football and have we own analyst  :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 12, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »

They need to put up Ballack resume every time they show him on-screen?

I did not see it in that clip...............why did they put Lalas resume up? They don't have to, but if they are catering for US audience, then it may make greater sense to keep Ballacks resume at the forefront, showing him as not just another foreigner who can't speak english and plays soccer.  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>