April 25, 2024, 09:02:49 AM

Author Topic: UEFA Euro Thread.  (Read 242983 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Thread.
« Reply #840 on: June 13, 2012, 03:37:42 PM »
Mario Gomez with a fine example..... for all the naysayers that was tryin' to tell meh ah was talkin' shit about Balotelli shooting the ball last post from that angle. 

I know yuh coming with that.....but I will leave it alone.  :beermug:

....and I know yuh would leave it alone because there is nothing you (or anybody else) could say.  Gomez proved the point I was making, plain as day.   :beermug:

There are many points I can show, but Toppa will get mad at meh.   ;D       Take win if yuh want, but as seeker say, Gomes was more dynamic and we can look at the circumstances as to what allowed him to be so decisive, but not Ballotelli. Should and could are different things.

:beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 13, 2012, 03:42:20 PM »
Steups. Spirit over letter.

Which spirits de ones yuh seeing... or de ones yuh drinking?

I'll leave yuh alone because ah realize yuh had to respond with something profound ... and even detached.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 13, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »
Never see a team fall flat like this after looking so good

It come like takin' a chick home from de club and findin' out she's a tra.......train wreck, eh?  :devil:

Boy I feel deceived. I mean what really went on there dread?

Is de long dress and high-heel shoes he had on did fool yuh.....yuh must look fuh de adam's apple, de hands and 5 o'clock shadow.  :laugh:
dat songin like d product of experience ;D ;)

Yuh right!  :laugh: yuh does see dem all over this city.

Mango - Gomez angle was different...

Nice try, Kicker, but, "eehhhp! Wrong answer!"  With how much ever of a difference in angle you found with your protractor, it changes nothing of what I said: All Balo had to do was blast the ball high or low last post and he was getting the same result. 

Mario Gomez with a fine example..... for all the naysayers that was tryin' to tell meh ah was talkin' shit about Balotelli shooting the ball last post from that angle. 

....and I know yuh would leave it alone because there is nothing you (or anybody else) could say.  Gomez proved the point I was making, plain as day.   :beermug:

There are many points I can show, but Toppa will get mad at meh.   ;D       Take win if yuh want, but as seeker say, Gomes was more dynamic and we can look at the circumstances as to what allowed him to be so decisive, but not Ballotelli. Should and could are different things.

Yuh really takin' dat life line seeker trow fuh yuh eh.....and hiding behind Toppa on top (no pun intended) ah dat?!  :laugh:

Seeker is kicks, oui! But seriously thogh, elan, yuh have no argument again.  The point I made has nothing to do with "being more dynamic". Balotelli is a professional footballer of a very high standard with the same ability to have done with the ball what Gomez did today.  It is simple fundamentals. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 13, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »
Never see a team fall flat like this after looking so good

It come like takin' a chick home from de club and findin' out she's a tra.......train wreck, eh?  :devil:

Boy I feel deceived. I mean what really went on there dread?

Is de long dress and high-heel shoes he had on did fool yuh.....yuh must look fuh de adam's apple, de hands and 5 o'clock shadow.  :laugh:
dat songin like d product of experience ;D ;)

Yuh right!  :laugh: yuh does see dem all over this city.

Nice try, Kicker, but, "eehhhp! Wrong answer!"  With how much ever of a difference in angle you found with your protractor, it changes nothing of what I said: All Balo had to do was blast the ball high or low last post and he was getting the same result. 

Yuh really takin' dat life line seeker trow fuh yuh eh.....and hiding behind Toppa on top (no pun intended) ah dat?!  :laugh:

Seeker is kicks, oui! But seriously thogh, elan, yuh have no argument again.  The point I made has nothing to do with "being more dynamic". Balotelli is a professional footballer of a very high standard with the same ability to have done with the ball what Gomez did today.  It is simple fundamentals. 

Chow yuh on about nothing, look at the difference in goalkeepers, Casillas assume positioned quickly and held his ground well, this dude for Holland never got position (actually he was defending his 1st post hard), he was never set. The ball went over him as he flopped.

Gomez hit the ball and that is the difference, there is no right here. Some players hit anything at the goal and hope for the best and sometimes it works out, like in this situation.

Gomez got played in, Mario ran his defender down won the bal and then had to drive into the box, Gomez had 1 thing to do, shoot.

Gomes is on fire and things like that will happen for such a player, not so much for Ballotelli.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 13, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »
Allyuh start back agaaaaaain!

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 13, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »
Yuh grabbing at straws now elan.  "things like that" coulda happen fuh Balotelli, too, had he pulled the trigger.  All the work he did has nothing to do with anything.  The fact remains, he ended up in the same position as Gomez did and was indecisive about what to do.  THAT is what denied him his chance more than anything and also....Stekelenburg wasn't marking his first post any "harder" than Casillas and it is downright........silly to try and use Casillas' "pedigree" as a notion that Balotelli couldn'ta score on him from there because, as I said, goals does score on Casillas, to.  Even on the goal he conceded he coulda done better (but I don't want to  get into that)  Come on, Jed, You really cyah be that..........stubborn.  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 13, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
Allyuh start back agaaaaaain!

Yes Mammy.  :-[

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 13, 2012, 04:08:35 PM »
Elan...ah reading your last post again and from the content of it I come to realize.....yuh need to take some coaching coursess, jed....you will see some training methods and drills that would really enlighten you.  Serious talk dey.  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 13, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

The opportunities on goal were not the same... they simply were not.  The angles were different, the way Gomez ran onto the ball was different, the way the ball was played into him was different -it was just a different opportunity on goal... so I dunno how you know what the result woudla been?  All a bunch of coulda woulda shoulda....Look I not saying Balo sholud not have gone for the far post...If you could see that from your TV, then we all know that's the right conclusion  ;D..... but to assume that he would have had success based on Gomez's goal is very speculative. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 13, 2012, 04:36:46 PM »

The opportunities on goal were not the same... they simply were not.  The angles were different, the way Gomez ran onto the ball was different, the way the ball was played into him was different -it was just a different opportunity on goal... so I dunno how you know what the result woudla been?  All a bunch of coulda woulda shoulda....Look I not saying Balo sholud not have gone for the far post...If you could see that from your TV, then we all know that's the right conclusion  ;D..... but to assume that he would have had success based on Gomez's goal is very speculative. 

I don't think 'success' is the point but rather it was a goal-scoring opportunity that he didn't capitalise on...?

But anyway!

D.H.W. you ok son?  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 13, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Well he said:

"All Balo had to do was blast the ball high or low last post and he was getting the same result."

That sound to me like he was assuming Balo woulda score...

Anyhow....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 13, 2012, 04:49:34 PM »

Kicker yuh does always come with the same "argument" about people being "speculative" and it doesn't work as often as you think it does.  Of COURSE I am being "speculative" on Balo's possible "success" but no more than any one was on Milner's miss.  All that stuff you talking about how the two players arrived their point in secondary to the fact that they ended up at the same place: an opportunity to shoot the ball to goal from an angle where you have a whole last post to shoot at.  You cyah tell me that you have all this football knowledge you does project on this forum here and doh know about shooting drills or one v one drill against the defence and/or the 'keeper from ALL angles and ALL situations to understand (or NOT understand) the "dynamics" of shooting from different angles and how difficult it is for 'keepers when you shoot last post in certain situations. 
  My original point in all of this was that Balotelli, however different he ARRIVED at the point he could have taken a shot, basically had the SAME shot to take against Casillas that Gomez had against Stekelenburg.  So what if the wind was blowing in a different direction and the crowd noise was louder....Gomez showed that you can put the ball last post (accurately) and the 'keeper won't stand a chance.  Balo showed that he still needed more time and space to decide.  He had the same opportunity and he blew it.     

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 13, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
Well he said:

"All Balo had to do was blast the ball high or low last post and he was getting the same result."

Anyhow....

Yes I did, Kicker and it shoulda been obvious to you that I meant his shot being on target with enough pace to fly past Casillas.  DUH!!
Do I need to remind you of the gaol Josimar scored for Brazil against Pat Jennings in the '86 World Cup?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 13, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
real sad today.. wuss Dutch team in years! Almost look as bad as Brazil

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 13, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »
I'm back after mourning... Ah shame to call the Dutch meh team.

Thank god I'm also a Portuguese fan.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 13, 2012, 06:29:54 PM »
Or hor so dais how he end up in dey.....but Van Marwijck (sp?) couldn't find another defender with more experience??

• Could do better: Jetro Willems It's a bit harsh on the 18-year-old, but in truth he was chasing shadows and at fault for both of Germany's goals. The loss of Erik Pieters to injury pre-tournament is looking a greater blow with every game.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=334195&cc=3888
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 13, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
Or hor so dais how he end up in dey.....but Van Marwijck (sp?) couldn't find another defender with more experience??

• Could do better: Jetro Willems It's a bit harsh on the 18-year-old, but in truth he was chasing shadows and at fault for both of Germany's goals. The loss of Erik Pieters to injury pre-tournament is looking a greater blow with every game.

Typical wit de dutch.  Dem always find a way to blame black players fuh dey failings

When it was Kluivert, Davids, Seedorf etc in de team...dem was too disruptive

Now it have a token black player in de team and dey still find a way to pin de blame on he

Meanwhile....not a peep bout Robben, Van Persie, Snjeider, Van Bommell etc

Typical :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 13, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »
Well he said:

Anyhow....

And there in lies my argument.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:39 PM »
Elan...ah reading your last post again and from the content of it I come to realize.....yuh need to take some coaching coursess, jed....you will see some training methods and drills that would really enlighten you.  Serious talk dey.  :beermug:

lol...how that go help? If me eh know nutten me eh know. What is drills  :devil:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 13, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »
Yuh grabbing at straws now elan.  "things like that" coulda happen fuh Balotelli, too, had he pulled the trigger.  All the work he did has nothing to do with anything.  The fact remains, he ended up in the same position as Gomez did and was indecisive about what to do.  THAT is what denied him his chance more than anything and also....Stekelenburg wasn't marking his first post any "harder" than Casillas and it is downright........silly to try and use Casillas' "pedigree" as a notion that Balotelli couldn'ta score on him from there because, as I said, goals does score on Casillas, to.  Even on the goal he conceded he coulda done better (but I don't want to  get into that)  Come on, Jed, You really cyah be that..........stubborn.  :beermug:

Look at the two goals Cryonaldo miss today, he took your advice on both of them........must shoot on sight/site (pick one) and shoot for the back post. How'd that work out for him.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 14, 2012, 04:55:58 AM »

Typical wit de dutch.  Dem always find a way to blame black players fuh dey failings

When it was Kluivert, Davids, Seedorf etc in de team...dem was too disruptive

Now it have a token black player in de team and dey still find a way to pin de blame on he

Meanwhile....not a peep bout Robben, Van Persie, Snjeider, Van Bommell etc

Typical :devil:

I know yuh just being damn mischievious.   I cuss Van Persie last week and yesterday.  He finally score but I woulda prefer if he score the other ones he miss to.  Robben too damn selfish, cyar say nutten bout Snjedier,I eh know whey de hell De Jong was when Schweinstiger had acres of space in mid field to pick out Gomez for the first goal.  I eh know why the coach insisted on the same 11 to start yesterday's game after Saturday's fiasco so he must be deserve some cuss too.

Now ah single out the token black player because its clear the boy eh have the experience.  And ah cyar believe in the whole of Holland dey couldn't find another player to replace the injured one other than this lil fella.....dais mih only reason for singling him out.

Now leff mih!!!.... :notlistening:  :notlistening:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:57:50 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 14, 2012, 05:33:39 AM »

Look at the two goals Cryonaldo miss today, he took your advice on both of them........must shoot on sight/site (pick one) and shoot for the back post. How'd that work out for him.

He also missed first post, too, so what's your point?  But since yuh want to use him as an example, how did it work out for him the many times he has taken free kicks from all different angles to goal and put it last post?  How did it work out for steven gerrard when he slap the ball to the far post against Trinidad? Again, I will bring up the Brazilian Josimar and the goal he scored against Poland in the '86 World Cup....from an even more acute angle than the one he scored against Northern Ireland in the same tournament....and since this whole thread is about European Championships anyway, where you think van Basten had put that stunner he scored against the Soviet Union in '88?  Find it and take a look.  There are hundreds of other examples to choose from but I don't have the time, but before ah ride out and ketch some zzz's, lemmeh arkse yuh dis, how it work out for Mario Gomez yesterday?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 14, 2012, 08:12:43 AM »

So he should have trotted with the ball, staring at the keeper until somebody tackled him?

Look from 11 seconds.  That is what elan is defending.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lv3E7nGYeMY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lv3E7nGYeMY</a>

Elan it was funny at first but unless yuh trolling, then it is just sad.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:27:36 AM by Peong »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 14, 2012, 08:57:16 AM »
I eh saying that Balo eh mess up. Yes he should have blast the ball. But for some reason he hesitated. I think he was in 2 minds. Shoot or pass the ball square. I think he was waiting for his other forward to come up. By that time he was stripped of the ball. Allyuh real hate Balotelli. Jeez. We have seen  more experienced players throw way easier efforts in this very said tournament. Next time I hope he blast it and missed and then allyuh go say, " he too f--king selfish, he shoulda pass the ball right dey to the other man". And now everyone singing Gomez praises. But I have seen him go thru his funk this year. Today you is a hero, tomorrow you could be the goat. Imagine if Portugal game had tied, you think Madrid fans will say they don't want CR.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »
I eh saying that Balo eh mess up. Yes he should have blast the ball. But for some reason he hesitated. I think he was in 2 minds. Shoot or pass the ball square. I think he was waiting for his other forward to come up. By that time he was stripped of the ball. Allyuh real hate Balotelli. Jeez. We have seen  more experienced players throw way easier efforts in this very said tournament. Next time I hope he blast it and missed and then allyuh go say, " he too f--king selfish, he shoulda pass the ball right dey to the other man". And now everyone singing Gomez praises. But I have seen him go thru his funk this year. Today you is a hero, tomorrow you could be the goat. Imagine if Portugal game had tied, you think Madrid fans will say they don't want CR.

To be honest, I really doh know and doh want to speculate what was goin' through his mind....I just disappointed that he didn't take the golden opportunity that he earned for himself.  I have a lot of faith in this young man's ability and had the most extreme confidence that, had he taken the shot I woulda like to see him take, it woulda end up in the back of the net.  I want to see him do well for himself.  My confidence is what kicker is calling me being "speculative".   ::)  I just kinda amazed and amused to see that there are people on this forum that seem to purport a higher knowledge of the game that could be so backward to make the goal I was seeing for balotelli seem so impossible.  Yesterday Gomez come and score just the goal in just the manner I described was so easy to score and men who watch de goal with they own two eye still wanna talk shit.   

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 14, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »
Im neutral for this game
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 14, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »
anybody have ah direct stream? atdhenet giving trouble in work
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 14, 2012, 10:15:36 AM »
anybody have ah direct stream? atdhenet giving trouble in work

http://www.ilive.to/view/30660/www.luchoquiroz.com spanish

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 14, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
Im neutral for this game

especially since yuh 2 side get PUT in neutral!  :devil:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 14, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »
Why de hell Webb go do this game  :frustrated: :frustrated:

1]; } ?>