March 29, 2024, 08:05:47 AM

Author Topic: UEFA Euro Thread.  (Read 241984 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Thread.
« Reply #1080 on: June 15, 2012, 11:00:25 PM »
best game so far

Men does hate on the EPL, but yuh gotta admit, it damn exciting.  Forget bout technical quality; the frantic pace is real exciting.  Not really an England selection fan, but good to see Steveie G play two in a row and come through unscathed, as well as to see Carroll score.  Quandry for Hodgson: Carroll or Welbeck to partner Rooney?  Or, does Rooney come off the bench for a 35-40 min run?

Where was the EPL when they met Ligue 1   :devil:

Dan, they finish 1-1, right?

His point was that it wasn't that exciting against France....as you say it is. 

I doh hate on EPL eh but it annoying to hear ppl who talk like that's the only football it have going on in the world...And there are alot of those people. 

btw Nice goal by Wellbeck jed! England deserved the win today - not a great performance but probably very close to as good as you'll get from this England line-up and a last minute manager installment.... and def the better side on the night.  I expect them to beat Ukraine too.... in a heart-breaker as the home side will leave everything on the pitch...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:08:32 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 15, 2012, 11:50:26 PM »
His point was that it wasn't that exciting against France....as you say it is. 

I doh hate on EPL eh but it annoying to hear ppl who talk like that's the only football it have going on in the world...And there are alot of those people. 

btw Nice goal by Wellbeck jed! England deserved the win today - not a great performance but probably very close to as good as you'll get from this England line-up and a last minute manager installment.... and def the better side on the night.  I expect them to beat Ukraine too.... in a heart-breaker as the home side will leave everything on the pitch...

You singing this same blasted song fuh de past 5 years... change yuh tune arready nah?  Dat sound like ah real insecurity complex.  We get it, allyuh like 101 5 yard passes with man stopping fuh siesta in de middle of the match.  Nice. 

The France match couldn't be played this way because Roy decided to play things more cautiously a) because the French midfield and attack deadly, b) because it was the opening match.  Silly to be comparing the two matches when England decidedly did not play an EPL type of game, unless you believe Stoke football is representative of EPL football.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 16, 2012, 02:16:56 AM »
Does anyone here support england?

I right here too.  Ah even wearing a English Jersey.
That makes the three of us. france and england are my two euro teams, not now, but since gerres, tigana and tresaeu played for them, england bc of garth crooks, my all time favorite, plus i just love the EPL, the league with the best atmosphere.

too bad they was in the same group.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 16, 2012, 02:24:04 AM »
Really didn't think shitty Wellbeck had that in him... Great goal!

watch your mouth  >:(

Disappointed in Sweden

Ibra could not rely on his teammates today at all....too many bad passes and poor tackles (losing the ball) and England didn't relent.  Every time Ibra touch the ball yuh expect something positive to happen and every time one of the others have the ball, is the opposite effect.  Credit to England, though, they played well.  This time.
You have a disappointment to waste. any european team that could struggle against trinbago is ah goat team! sweden is the same team that let sh!t snake lawrence and CO put a grip on them, yes england struggled too, but england has since improved while sweden remained the same ole same ole.   

even when sweden took the lead i knew england would mount a come back. these results was very predictable.

BTW, ibra have everything to be a big big player, but he's ah throw away come close artist, in other word, an awful finisher.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1084 on: June 16, 2012, 04:01:15 AM »
alyuh aint see that sweet forking goal from wellbeck  :o

He learn dat from Drogba!  ::)

The celebration maybe.

Welbeck has a little bit of everything. In youth teams his goal scoring record was phenomenal, but hat net really unique.

He is not a goal poaching number 9 but he makes good runs and could finish. He is not a number 10 but he has a lot of flicks and tricks and can link the play well. He is not a big physical presence but he could hold up the ball with the best of them. And he have a habit of scoring spectacular goals. The goal against Belgium was a beauty too, he has good instincts. And he is only 21.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 16, 2012, 06:24:03 AM »

The celebration maybe.

eh-eh, doh try dat! Yuh fuget de pirouette back heel Drogba score a couple seasons back against (ah tink it was) arsenal ah wha?!  Allyuh manu fans is some rel tief boy!   :D  Dize awright, tho....ah know somebody have it on Youtube.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 16, 2012, 07:34:43 AM »
As everyone knows, us English tend to have over inflated expectations, and that seems to be portrayed as some kind of undeserved arrogance. The point is, like any other bunch of supporters, we are passionate, and passion has no connection with logic! I mean, for 30 years I followed Gillingham to virtually every far flung outpost in England...and they are sh*t. I remember for two years running, our first away game of the season was vs York City. That meant leaving home at 7 a.m.and reaching back home after midnight to visit a ground that would make Ojoe Rd look impressive. And we lost both times. But we went, and we kept going.

So, yes, the English always believe we are the gonna win. But this time, that vibes not there. This time we just hope we don't get embarrassed. Uncle Woy wasn't the first choice. In fact, he's a true representation of English football.... a little grey and dull, not exciting to look at, no style, no flair. But he's a solid, stand up guy you could depend on.

In the past, we've been trying to impress with a trophy manager who couldn't fit the square English football into a round hole.

The fact that Uncle Woy has played two different formations in two games tells you he is not interested in impressing people or trying to play sexy football. He doesn't want to lose. He won't ask players to do things they can't do. He's playing simple old fashioned sunday league football.

I'm concerned that we let in 3 goals, as our defence has to be our strength. I am worried about Ukraine as we have to get at least a draw and we've leaked some goals. I'm excited about Rooney coming back and I feel Defoe should be used more for 20 minute stretches.

We can all appreciate the passing and movement of Spain etc, but traditionally these competitions were created to show the world the different styles of football being played and comparing those techniques.

30 years ago we wanted to see the flair and flamboyance of the South Americans and Latin teams and see if the no nonsense workmanlike approach of European teams could beat them. Then we tried to copy them. But Uncle Woy has never been a possession coach. He has two rules: Don't let them score and Get the ball in their box as much as possible.

Can England win the Euros? Of course not.
Will they win the Euros? Everyone can dream....look at Denmark 92 and Greece 04!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1087 on: June 16, 2012, 08:02:56 AM »

The celebration maybe.

eh-eh, doh try dat! Yuh fuget de pirouette back heel Drogba score a couple seasons back against (ah tink it was) arsenal ah wha?!  Allyuh manu fans is some rel tief boy!   :D  Dize awright, tho....ah know somebody have it on Youtube.

Is Arsenal-Chelsea yuh say

I mustbe have nothing to do.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 16, 2012, 09:47:42 AM »

You singing this same blasted song fuh de past 5 years... change yuh tune arready nah?  Dat sound like ah real insecurity complex.  We get it, allyuh like 101 5 yard passes with man stopping fuh siesta in de middle of the match.  Nice. 

The France match couldn't be played this way because Roy decided to play things more cautiously a) because the French midfield and attack deadly, b) because it was the opening match.  Silly to be comparing the two matches when England decidedly did not play an EPL type of game, unless you believe Stoke football is representative of EPL football.

I don't follow you about the insecurity complex... what is there to be insecure about?  I watch and enjoy all good football and I personally try to be objective and appreciate it wherever it originates, with a little bias based on personal preference like everybody else, so I don't follow you.  I support a team, not a league.  I'm not one of them men who blindly backing a team from a particular league...

As for the England - France game, I wasn't calling for England to play any one way or the other - they played for a result and got it.  Who eh like how they do it (even if that includes me), that's not England problem - them men there to do a job...

I was just giving my interpretation of what Elan was implying by responding to tenorsaw.  England played an exciting game against Sweden and the plaudits of EPL's excitement factor came showering down... Elan reasonably (to me) asked "where was all that excitement the France game?"  I doh see what the fuss is all about. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:50:40 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »

The celebration maybe.

Is Arsenal-Chelsea yuh say

I mustbe have nothing to do.

Lol, thats ok... More than happy to do the honors...

See minute 2:25....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bP0CERcd8UE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bP0CERcd8UE</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 16, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
I don't follow you about the insecurity complex... what is there to be insecure about?  I watch and enjoy all good football and I personally try to be objective and appreciate it wherever it originates, with a little bias based on personal preference like everybody else, so I don't follow you.  I support a team, not a league.  I'm not one of them men who blindly backing a team from a particular league...

As for the England - France game, I wasn't calling for England to play any one way or the other - they played for a result and got it.  Who eh like how they do it (even if that includes me), that's not England problem - them men there to do a job...

I was just giving my interpretation of what Elan was implying by responding to tenorsaw.  England played an exciting game against Sweden and the plaudits of EPL's excitement factor came showering down... Elan reasonably (to me) asked "where was all that excitement the France game?"  I doh see what the fuss is all about. 

I similarly doh see what the fuss is about Tenorsaw's comment either... he said you have to like the EPL brand of football, it's not always pretty, but it's exciting.  Elan countered by mentioning the France game. My point is that England didn't play a typical "EPL game" versus France, but more a boring defensive, cautious game, hoping for the counter, ala Stoke City.  So since this particular style isn't typical of the EPL game, you cannot use the France game to counter Tenor's point about the excitement of the EPL brand.

As for the "insecurity" comment... seems that every time a comment is made referencing the EPL as the best, most exciting etc.  you are one of the first men to comment about bias towards the English game and it eh all dat and Spain better... I eh quoting yuh verbatim so leh we eh argue about what yuh actually say on those occasions.  For me, fuh ah man to be doing that year after year says he still feels insecure about his preferred league... if you confident in your heart that La Liga is better then you wouldn't have to be defending it at every slight, real or imagined.  Not saying this is what yuh doing, but just how I see it.  Tenor want tuh praise he EPL woman... rock so with yuh bo-bo foot La Liga gyul and 'low de man nah  ;D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 16, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
Poland playing rel good!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 16, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Russia real knocking too

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 16, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
Poland playing with so much heart it's great to watch. Czech cah ketch deyself and come into the match at all.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 16, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »
19 min: "The referee looks suspiciously like Lewandowski," says Matt Dony. "I smell a stitch up!" That's racist. Expect a strongly worded letter from Uefa to arrive shortly.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 16, 2012, 01:36:09 PM »
I have a greek padna i know he happy with that goal. Greece go b rea hard to breakdown now

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1096 on: June 16, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »
These permutations is something else with the head to head tiebreaker. Greece leading means that the Czechs have to beat Poland now, unless Greece really beat up Russia (not happening).

If the Czechs take the lead Russia will be going out.

Poland still need to just win.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 16, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
I am loving this Greek number 7,carving up the russian left hand side

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 16, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »
it is looking like russia is fighting not to be embarrassed tonight

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 16, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »
robbed :cursing:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 16, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »
I am loving this Greek number 7,carving up the russian left hand side
dais samaras..he out a while now...the man have a real languid style

Dat was a penalty

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 16, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »
De worst ting is to see a player in ur fantasy side play an awful game...zhirkov smh

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 16, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »
De worst ting is to see a player in ur fantasy side play an awful game...zhirkov smh

Yuh look fuh dat!  :devil: All de shit he play fuh Chelsea and yuh go pick HEEE?!  :D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 16, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »
Russia better score of dey know what good fuh dem.  :o
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »
Russia better score of dey know what good fuh dem.  :o

well i think first they need a compass and protractor to find the goal first and then line it up correctly. They have been fortunate to have not conceded any more thus far. Also greece is going a great job with interrupting those passing lanes in that final third

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1105 on: June 16, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »
What is Advocaat scene?

He sticking with Kershakov right thru, as soon as he need a goal he bring on Pavluchenko.

Why not just star with Pavluchenko if that is yuh route to goal

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1106 on: June 16, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »
Greece time wasting. If I was the ref I not letting him come back on for a good 5 minutes

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 16, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »
Greece is thru and Russia is out. Did Poland score?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 16, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
How lalas lookin' so subdued and soft-spoken today, like dem posts on he fb page gett ohim wah wha?  Or is it he have to subdue he self and not be too happy (and loud and excited) that Greece advanced?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 16, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »
GREECE AGAIN SMHHHHHHH
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>