March 28, 2024, 08:06:52 AM

Author Topic: UEFA Euro Thread.  (Read 241895 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Thread.
« Reply #1530 on: June 23, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »
I fell asleep.  Was watching it with my neighbour and both ah we start to fall asleep so I left and come home and doze off on the couch.  When the commentator start to talk excitedly about the penalty ah wake up.....and promptly fell asleep again.  I eh even think I see or hear when the whistle blow and all the shit Lalas talk analysis after.  Next thing I knew a new programme started to show.....something about Beckham......

Den ah sleep again....now wake up.

Lawd fadder........I never liked France's football team (even with Zizou in it).  Now self ah cyar stomach them......good riddance.

Now on to tomorrow's match.....GO ENGLAND!!!.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 23, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
Thoroughly disappointing game.. Was fighting a bep in the second half.

This France side seem like they gave up on about the 70th minute. Shame!

STEUPS I BEP ON D FIRST HALF spain's football is boring no real cut and thrust to it "D purist" steups..... an dem could talk all dey want dat hit is not entertaining, Spainj have d talent to blow dong ah gate but always trying to cut hole in fence steups

......entertaining my my hairy ass
I pity the fool....

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 23, 2012, 06:08:17 PM »
Real Madrid men have scored 7 goals so far... But who's counting anyway?  ::)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 23, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »

:D  Doh be givin' Toppa no ammo nuh man! Sssssssteuwps!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 23, 2012, 06:24:52 PM »

:D  Doh be givin' Toppa no ammo nuh man! Sssssssteuwps!!
:devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 23, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »
Critics See Flaws in Spain’s Art

By JERÉ LONGMAN
Published: June 23, 2012
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/sports/soccer/euro-2012-critics-point-to-the-flaws-in-spains-art.html?_r=1

A consensus has formed at Euro 2012. Germany is the team to beat. Spain cannot decide on a lineup. It seems unsettled, if hardly unnerved. This is what happens when people are no longer content with beauty and now expect perfection.

Slight exasperation has crept into the voices of the Spanish players. Are we allowed no mistakes? Who is flawless all the time? Trust us, Andrés Iniesta said recently. After all, Spain had reached the quarterfinals by scoring the most goals in the tournament and allowing the fewest.

With a 2-0 victory Saturday over France in Donetsk, Ukraine, Spain advanced to the semifinals to face Portugal on Wednesday. La Furia Roja, as Spain is known, can become the first team to hold two European titles and the World Cup title at the same time. And if it has not always been superior at Euro 2012, it must still be considered the favorite until an opponent, not the pundits, determines otherwise.

“In the past, we suffered and were out,” Iniesta told reporters the other day. “Now, we suffer and we win. We have made the exceptional into something routine, which means winning is the norm.”

Winning has become so routine that only dominance will satisfy Spain’s critics. The slightest lapse becomes magnified into vulnerability. It is unfair, of course, but understandable and perhaps inevitable.

This is what happens when a team achieves such consistent success that it gains consideration as the best ever , with its geometric passing and underappreciated and feverish desire to recover the ball when possession is lost. Everything becomes magnified and overheated. Competence is no longer permitted, only supremacy.

Unlike France, though, whose unity fractured again as it had disastrously at the 2010 World Cup, the team splintering into individual egos after a loss to Sweden last week, Spain has calmly held together. Its lineup is filled with eternal rivals from Barcelona and Real Madrid, but these enemies from La Liga understand when it is time to be professional friends.

“Each of us played our own way during the season, and now we have a different goal,” Madrid defender Sergio Ramos said before the match. “The objective of the team is clear. We want to win.”

Against France, Vicente del Bosque, Spain’s coach, again chose a lineup with six midfielders and no forwards, as he had done in a 1-1 draw with Italy, selecting Cesc Fàbregas over Fernando Torres. And he stayed with his so-called double-pivot approach, using Xabi Alonso, who scored Spain’s goals Saturday, and Sergio Busquets as holding midfielders.

Some have faulted del Bosque as being too conservative, not sufficiently committed to the attack. But Alonso’s two goals on Saturday, in his 100th international appearance, will dampen the skepticism for the moment. Sure, del Bosque has admitted, even he has doubts about his lineup, because he has 23 capable players at his disposal. But he has decided that certainty is overrated.

“It would be bad to be sure of everything,” he said.

Attempting to contain Iniesta’s brilliant passing and movement on Spain’s left flank, France pushed its lines high and moved right back Mathieu Debuchy into midfield. Anthony Réveillère moved into Debuchy’s usual spot. Laurent Blanc, France’s coach, had spoken of the risks of playing to an opponent’s strength instead of playing to Les Bleus’ own advantages, but in this case he apparently felt he had no choice.

“The problem is that Spain have the ball 65 or 70 percent of the time and they won’t give it back to you,” Blanc had said before the match.

The key for France’s defense was to remain focused and compact, especially in the first 15 to 20 minutes, Blanc said. Otherwise, he said ominously and, as it turns out, prophetically, “you risk getting punished.”

Debuchy did not seem comfortable early, and after France clotted the middle of the field, Spain found room on the wings. In the 19th minute, Iniesta alertly and precisely put the ball through to Jordi Alba on an overlapping run down the left flank. Alba eluded Debuchy and made a superb cross to Alonso, who was unmarked and struck a powerful header to give Spain the lead.

“We knew this was the most important match and we played very well,” Alonso told reporters. “Scoring the early goal really made things easier.”

In added time, the substitute Pedro Rodríguez was taken down in the area, and Alonso drove home the penalty kick. Spain had another victory, though there would surely be some nitpicking.

“I’d ask the fans to stay calm,” Iniesta said the other day. “Everyone thinks they know better than the coach, but I think we’ve done pretty well so far."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 23, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »
Spain have to play the way they do, they cannot match the likes of France, Croatia, Germany  or Portugal physically. So they wear you down with their technique by making you chase the ball. However, this Spain lack true penetration, but do have the options on the bench to surprise.

Portugal is the in form team along with Germany. Ronaldo hot like congo pepper, Coentrão is proving himself along with Lahm the most exciting left back in the tournament,  Moutinho the unsong hero is in splendid form pulling the strings and Central Defenders Pepe and Alves biting tack & stingy no ass. I can't wait for this game
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 23, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
That Spain team is over-rated and they are most certainly NOT one of the greatest.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 24, 2012, 07:39:29 AM »
That Spain team is over-rated and they are most certainly NOT one of the greatest.

Toppa you think they overated or they just eh find the right balance yet. If you remember after the opening game of the WC, many pundits did not give them a chance. Alan Shearer was famously quoted after the Swiss game "so much for Spain winning the game, so much for Spain winning the group and so much for Spain winning the WC."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 24, 2012, 08:00:39 AM »
england cutass booked

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 24, 2012, 08:37:22 AM »
england cutass booked

;D....in meh Smokey robinson voice "I second that emotion".....ah cyah WAIT to see rooney face after the game! Ha hope Balo skin dem out like a ripe fig!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: June 24, 2012, 09:28:43 AM »

Toppa you think they overated or they just eh find the right balance yet. If you remember after the opening game of the WC, many pundits did not give them a chance. Alan Shearer was famously quoted after the Swiss game "so much for Spain winning the game, so much for Spain winning the group and so much for Spain winning the WC."

I find they're over-rated and boring. Sorry.

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 24, 2012, 09:36:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0Nkw1IDaSM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R0Nkw1IDaSM</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 24, 2012, 09:42:39 AM »

[/quot Well I respect the overated tag, but the boring argument eludes me. For me boring is France, England, Italy, Greece etc. If teams allow Spain space, park the bus and encourage them to come into the web, why should they fall for it. Its up to the opposition to take the initiative. Even when France were 1-0 down they still defending in numbers and Spain dam right not to fall for it! They winning the game, so come get the ball if you want to beat me ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 24, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »
@ Bourbon.....where all yuh does find dem ting??!!!  ah weeeeaaaakkkkk!!!!!.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: June 24, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »
@ Bourbon.....where all yuh does find dem ting??!!!  ah weeeeaaaakkkkk!!!!!.....

I'm just hoping England really do put in such a strong performance as that!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 24, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »

[/quot Well I respect the overated tag, but the boring argument eludes me. For me boring is France, England, Italy, Greece etc. If teams allow Spain space, park the bus and encourage them to come into the web, why should they fall for it. Its up to the opposition to take the initiative. Even when France were 1-0 down they still defending in numbers and Spain dam right not to fall for it! They winning the game, so come get the ball if you want to beat me ;D

I just don't favour their brand and honestly I've even found Italy more entertaining than Spain in this tournament. I think most people would agree that the France - Spain match was the most boring of the tournament so far. But I'm looking forward to Portugal - Spain because I think Portugal will take it to them.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 24, 2012, 10:11:05 AM »

If they over rated...who do you rate?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 24, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
I think most people would agree that the France - Spain match was the most boring of the tournament so far. But I'm looking forward to Portugal - Spain because I think Portugal will take it to them.

Well if one team...France....doh want to play....what u expect de other team to do?...Especially as they have the lead.

France down a goal and still defendin wit 10 men which suggests a mindset that we rather lorse 1-0 than 3-0...IN A FORKANE KNOCKOUT MATCH!

And is not like Spain score down in de dregs to take de lead needah.  It was early in de first half!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 24, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »

I'm just hoping England really do put in such a strong performance as that!!!

dat shit funny no ass boy!!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: June 24, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: June 24, 2012, 11:50:17 AM »

OFFICIAL: Italy: Buffon; Abate, Barzagli, Bonucci, Balzaretti; Pirlo; De Rossi, Marchisio; Montolivo; Cassano, Balotelli

looks like 4-3-1-2

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 24, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »
Palos, why you toting for Spain so? If ah doh like dem, ah doh like dem. I never say France played well. France played rel shit. And to your question as to who playing well? Germany!!!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1553 on: June 24, 2012, 12:11:39 PM »
Hoping England do well today. Think Hodgson is doing an excellent job. Every decision coming off. Even Neville looking impressive as a coach.

They been lucky too but the shape structure nd cohesion give yuh chance to capitalize on good fortune

Record to brek for England- they have yet to beat a big team in a tournament knockout other than 1966.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 24, 2012, 12:22:22 PM »
Palos, why you toting for Spain so? If ah doh like dem, ah doh like dem. I never say France played well. France played rel shit. And to your question as to who playing well? Germany!!!

I eh totin fuh Spain yuh know.  Ah blasted vex wit France because they have de players to take it to Spain and dey play coward football...right out de chelsea playbook....escept dey didn't have de horseshoes, clover leaf, and sundry other good luck charms stuff up dey ass like Chelsea enjoyed :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 24, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »
Italy!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 24, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »
Forza Azzuri!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 24, 2012, 12:44:14 PM »
Balotill!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: June 24, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »
Buffon would mek a good Dracula sah

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile