March 28, 2024, 05:51:10 PM

Author Topic: UEFA Euro Thread.  (Read 241929 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Thread.
« Reply #1980 on: June 28, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »
Real glad for Balo.....The man has been playing well all tournament.

Not sure who happier today. mukumsplau cause he side win or Jus Cool cause Balo score two goals.  ;D

Side note....Nadal just get ah cutarse from an unknown at Wimbledon....

Is the unknown from Italy by any chance?  ;D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 28, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
I shall follow my routine till Sunday.  :devil:

lol Well ah know yuh doh like Spain at all, so ah not frighten...

...But just to be safe, I think the mods should ban DHW from posting until this tournament has ended.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: June 28, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »
... Pirlo skin out several men well today ... effortlessly ... and had his portion of passes to carve out chances on goal. Some months ago, I commented without elaborating (I believe in response to a comment by FF) regarding (abstract) possession being overrated ... @ the end of the day, creating chances is where I put my money.

Yuh memory real good!

de funny ting is I agree with yuh now... I make dat statement at de time, having not seen the game, which was a spain friendly in costa rica. I put it down to a training exercise by Spain. For all the possession you could have yuh need a cutting edge.  :beermug:

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 28, 2012, 03:16:26 PM »
I shall follow my routine till Sunday.  :devil:

lol Well ah know yuh doh like Spain at all, so ah not frighten...

...But just to be safe, I think the mods should ban DHW from posting until this tournament has ended.

???   :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 28, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »
Where d skin head Nazis ? crying like bitches ?  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: June 28, 2012, 03:30:24 PM »
Real glad for Balo.....The man has been playing well all tournament.

Not sure who happier today. mukumsplau cause he side win or Jus Cool cause Balo score two goals.  ;D

Side note....Nadal just get ah cutarse from an unknown at Wimbledon....

happier that italy provin alot of people wrong...now is to drive the point home against spain...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: June 28, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »
Boi, de whole action of Balo takin off he shirt after dat 2nd goal was damn priceless, ah culd imagine de lele in Italy tonight
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 28, 2012, 03:55:16 PM »
Well done Balo... two nice goals... woulda been nice to see a hattrick.  Is he injured for the final?

Pirlo jed!! damn!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: June 28, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
Well done Balo... two nice goals... woulda been nice to see a hattrick.  Is he injured for the final?

Pirlo jed!! damn!

Nah, he jus cramp up, nuttin a lil "rub down" cyar cure
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: June 28, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
"Germany probably thought that they would Kroos to a win but that first half must have been their Loewest point of the tournament. They were Lahms to the slaughter... truly Muellered!
When Balotelli scored his second I thought the German keeper was going to have an aNeuerysm.
To be fair to them, the second half was much Klose but they just couldn’t stop the Reus of the Italians.
Schurlley Italy can’t go on to win it?
If they do I’d say they’ve Gotze score first against the Spanish."

lol Clever...
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: June 28, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »
Ballo only scoring bess goals.
Youtube Channel

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 28, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »
Know of any replays?  Where can I watch my boy's vindication? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: June 28, 2012, 04:35:46 PM »
wonder what dem d Italian press sayin now ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: June 28, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »

Ballotelli thread
Youtube Channel

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 28, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »

Ballotelli thread

Nice
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: June 28, 2012, 10:03:02 PM »

I thought Balotelli played really well but he needs to be a bit more clinical with his finishing. He need to watch some Romario tapes, when you get a flighted ball over the top is one touch to control and then another to slap hard or lob the keeper without thinking it. However he was giving them serious problems whole game, physical presence and coming short or going deep to play it simple. It will come!.

And so it came!!

Best game for the tournament for me. Had all the drama and action that was sorely missing from the last few snoozefests.

I guess everything has already been said about Balotelli. I so happy for the youth i real bawl out when he score. Excellent performance all round and this is just the begging.

For that goal he did what he was supposed to do in the Spain game when he was 1 v 1 with Casillas, which is to unleash hell and fury and kick the *&%$ out of the ball.

Balzaretti and Bonnuci deserve special mention for the job they did in defence, especially Balzaretti coming all the way across the central defense to mop up on numerous occassions.

And Pirlo.. Honestly i didnt expect him to be dominant today because I knew Germany were not going to afford him the kinda space that England did.

On to Spain.. Sincerely hope Itally score first, it will make for an interesting final.

FORZA ITALIA.. FORZA BALO!!!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: June 29, 2012, 01:31:43 AM »
they dont make players like these again...this is the mark of a true captain...he said he was furious that italy almost threw it away against germany..he was even more passionate because the night before he spent over an hour watching the fan reactions back home in italy on youtube and it was sending chills through his spine..he wants to do this especially for the country...

Buffon: "I was angry at the end because we shouldn't have had to suffer towards the end after the game we played."

"This is a serious competition and we need to take our chances. If luck wasn't with us it would been a very different story."

gianni agnelli (god rest his soul) used to 'look at the man, not the player'...right now he's smiling looking at buffon out there...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8tmntmHm7rE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8tmntmHm7rE</a>
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:35:38 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: June 29, 2012, 05:13:26 AM »
So ah real late on de draw.  Watch de game in work, when ah reach back by mih desk to comment ah get locked out of the network and IT done wuk for de day.....lime late, now wake up....so ah now getting to put een mih 2 cents.....

Well ah real glad for the Azzuri crew on here.......good game.  Oh lawd for a neutral like me, ah love it!!!

Ah eh know what else Germany have to do to overcome Italy.  Dem eh beat Italy in upteen years in competitive football......

I wasn't totally surprised that Italy beat Germany.  The German team in this tournament never seem to be the ruthless teams of the last major tournaments starting in 2006.  They just seem like they were not yet in top gear.  So I thought they would have stepped it up a notch against Italy but boy......whey sar!!

So on to the finals and its even more interesting that Italy and Spain will meet for the 2nd time in this tournament.....and dis time no draw.

Ah just hope it eh goh be boring....and dey really go at each other.  As a neutral, dais all I want....good football, end to end action, drama and bacchanal.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: June 29, 2012, 06:42:36 AM »
they dont make players like these again...this is the mark of a true captain...he said he was furious that italy almost threw it away against germany..he was even more passionate because the night before he spent over an hour watching the fan reactions back home in italy on youtube and it was sending chills through his spine..he wants to do this especially for the country...

Buffon: "I was angry at the end because we shouldn't have had to suffer towards the end after the game we played."

"This is a serious competition and we need to take our chances. If luck wasn't with us it would been a very different story."

gianni agnelli (god rest his soul) used to 'look at the man, not the player'...right now he's smiling looking at buffon out there...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8tmntmHm7rE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8tmntmHm7rE</a>

After watching the game on DVR, I agree with Buffon. As well as Italy played, many of the Italian players missed some very easy chances. DiNatale's miss in the second half is the most glaring. I had a feeling that it come to bite Italy in the backside, since these misses kept Germany in the game.

Italy better work on its finishing.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: June 29, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »

Marchisio ran 62.5 km in 5 games, more than any player in the tournament. Yesterday he stopped at 12.5 km. No.1 in both teams

He said “I apologised to Di Natale, as I could barely see any more I was so tired and so had to try a shot."

il principino....defence, attack on the wings..dis fella does relly put down some serious work in midfield for juve and italy....la bandiera! i watched dis fella grow from the youth ranks come up in the club...my candidate for number 10 next season

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: June 29, 2012, 07:04:54 AM »

Big, big frigging player... That is what we talking about!!

No hug for the ugly mascot dread.

Those misses could've come back to haunt Italy, can't be doing that against a side like Germany.

It still have wuk to do.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: June 29, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
Leading by example, ah sure de whole team geh a cuss out in de team quarters afterwards w/Pandrelli watching him and sayin WTF. 

Ah eh guh lie, keeper fuh keeper, still not sure who better as of late between him and casillas, but I biased, if I have to chose one, going wid Buffon

edit: boi, soca labourers could identify wid dis one, tell meh de way buffon take off he gloves doh remind yuh ah tenorsaw  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:01:42 AM by 100% Barataria »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 29, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »
Some post-game analysis:

From Klinsmann's analysis on the BBC:

"Italy have done what most teams have not done so far and that is have a go at the German defence and they caused lots of problems.

"Putting Toni Kroos on Andrea Pirlo didn't work out at all, while Mario Gomez looked static and as a whole they could not match Italy. They lost the battles in midfield, and they couldn't control Pirlo, Riccardo Montolivo and Daniele De Rossi.

"A game like that it needs a special piece, too, and that was Balotelli's finishing but what makes me a bit upset, is we saw Pirlo play like that against England.

"We said you have to step on his toes and take the risk to look bad by getting to him. But no-one from the German team was willing to look bad. The last piece is sacrificing yourself for the team, and our midfield did not want to do that.

"The future lies in this team. They will continue to grow and mature but they were exploited by the Italians. Against Italy you could see they hit the wall."

Euro 2012: Joachim's Löw's Germany condemned to follow famous footsteps

Cesare Prandelli and Italy provide masterclass that means another near miss at a major tournament for Germany
Germany's coach, Joachim Löw, pictured, was outwitted in Warsaw by his Italy counterpart Cesare Prandelli.

Uwe Seeler and Karl-Heinz Schnellinger could not do it. Nor could Franz Beckenbauer and Gerd Müller. Or Paul Breitner and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. Or Matthias Sammer and Jürgen Klinsmann. And last night Bastian Schweinsteiger and Mesut Ozil showed that they, too, could not do it. They could not beat Italy in a competitive fixture.

This result in Warsaw extends the historic sequence to four wins and four draws, going all the way back to the World Cup in Chile exactly 50 years ago, when the two sides drew 0-0 in a group match. Italy's goalkeeper that day was Lorenzo Buffon, a cousin of the grandfather of last night's captain, Gianluigi Buffon, whose hectic saves and punches buttressed a defence that endured typical Italian agonies as they clung to the lead supplied by Mario Balotelli's two goals.

That was quite a side back in 1962: Cesare Maldini, Omar Sívori, Jose Altafini and the 18-year-old Gianni Rivera established a template from which the results such as this are still being stamped out. And Germany, always so full of hope with generation after generation of shiny new-model players assembled in the spotless laboratories of the Bundesliga, are still being stamped on.

Coming into this tournament, Joachim Löw's squad were just about everybody's favourites to put an end to Spain's four-year grip on international football. They are the product of a programme that, in the last three years, had resulted in important victories over Italy at Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 level. Before Thursday night, Löw's seniors had won 15 competitive fixtures in a row, beating a record previously held jointly by Spain, France and Holland. They seemed to be on an upward curve that began in Euro 2008 and continued at the World Cup two years ago. No doubt they and many others were hoping to see if they could reverse the result of the 2010 semi-final in Durban, where they lost to Spain by the only goal.

The style and quality of their football has made them perhaps the most widely admired Germany side since the team of Beckenbauer, Müller and Günther Netzer won the European title on home soil in 1972. With Ozil injecting the level of artistry and spontaneity once embodied by the great Netzer, this is a Germany we can all warm to.

On Thursday night they fought to the end but were not quite good enough to match Cesare Prandelli's remarkable Italy, the product of a man with a vision that involves taking the long-established virtues of Italian football and adding something extra. Just as Löw, right, has added emotion to German's efficiency, so Prandelli has made Italy much more than a brilliant defensive platform from which to mount the occasional counterattack. And, of course, he has Andrea Pirlo.

It took the English an awfully long time to discover Pirlo. And now that they have, everybody wants one. If only Roy Hodgson could unearth an English Pirlo, they are saying, all his problems would disappear. But it takes more than an Andrea Pirlo to make a team world class. The playmaker has to have someone to play with, a group of team-mates attuned to his patient geometry.

It takes a good team to extinguish Pirlo's influence, too, and that was German's priority on Thursday night. "He is the one who directs the game," Löw said, "so we'll have to stop him and get in his radius." Rudi Völler, one of his predecessors as Germany's head coach, added: "They have to isolate Pirlo."

Easier to say than to do, although Pirlo himself seemed to have an idea of how Germany might try to stifle him, comparing what he expected from Ozil to what he had got from Wayne Rooney. "I expect Ozil to be a greater threat in and around the areas where I'm playing," he said, "whereas Rooney stayed further up."

That was not how it worked out. Once again Pirlo sat deep, and once again he was able to find all the space he needed. In the 20th minute he swivelled and surprised the German cover by stroking the ball to the left, to Giorgio Chiellini, who fed Antonio Cassano further up the line, leading to the cross from which Balotelli gave his side the lead.

"We will not let Italy show us how to play football," Löw had said on the eve of the match, but the demonstration was under way.

Now Pirlo sat even further back, letting a younger man, the 27-year-old Riccardo Montolivo, run the show from the classic No10 position behind the two strikers. And in the 36th minute Montolivo collected Buffon's punched clearance, spotted Balotelli's run, and hit a long ball of perfect weight and trajectory for the striker to hammer past the motionless Manuel Neuer.

That wasn't Route One. It was the Via dei Condotti and the Via Veneto: the world of La Dolce Vita and the bella figura. It was the Appian Way, ancient Rome's "queen of the long roads". It was the football lesson Löw had been fearing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/28/euro-2012-germany-italy

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 29, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
in that first spain vs italy group stage match, de rossi was more in a sweeper position. what prandelli go try for de final?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 29, 2012, 11:38:14 AM »
in that first spain vs italy group stage match, de rossi was more in a sweeper position. what prandelli go try for de final?

Wasn't De Rossi filling in for an injured defender? 
Pirlo better be ready to keep the ball with more than 1 man crowding him. It was easy for him to deal with Germany's mids because it was only 1-on-1.  When Spain's midfield swarms to get the ball in the middle they leave space on the wings so maybe Italy could use that.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 29, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
Italy back 4 was very solid throughout the 90.
Buffon kept Italy in the game in the opening 15min & is now so intimidating that strikers afraid to shoot
Pirlo majestic as ever
Cassano & Balo unique understanding and respect for each other

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: June 29, 2012, 01:12:18 PM »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 29, 2012, 04:17:47 PM »
Ah eh guh lie, keeper fuh keeper, still not sure who better as of late between him and casillas,

Casillas.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 29, 2012, 04:36:16 PM »
Ah eh guh lie, keeper fuh keeper, still not sure who better as of late between him and casillas,

Casillas.

himself to himself

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 30, 2012, 04:22:14 AM »
Cyar hear from hater zeppo yet, maybe he waiting for ballo tuh slip, hope he has a lonnnnnngggggg wait
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>