April 29, 2024, 05:17:28 PM

Author Topic: Even Chambers was better than Manning.  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Even Chambers was better than Manning.
« on: June 11, 2008, 02:45:47 AM »
Criminals running rampant
By NEWSDAY REPORTER.

Between 2002-2007, 106,683 crimes were committed of which 80,000 remain unsolved to this day. The country also has a detection rate for murder of less than ten percent and a conviction rate of less than one percent.

These statistics were provided by Senate Minority Leader Wade Mark during the Opposition UNC’s Monday Night Forum held this week in Bagatelle, Diego Martin at the Merrytones Pan complex. He gave these figures to illustrate what he termed as Government’s incompetence in dealing with crime. Mark said of the crimes committed over the five-year period, only 26,694 were solved.

For general larceny, he said, in 2005, there were 2,752 cases of which 353 were detected. In 2006, 3,064 cases with a detection rate of 363 and in 2007, 3,494 cases with 392 cases detected. Larceny of motor vehicles also had a very low detection rate, he claimed.

Mark presented data over several years showing the low detection rate for kidnappings. He said that in 2006, there were 17 kidnapping with eight cases solved and for last year, there were 14 kidnapping with two solved. These statistics came from the police, he said.

Quoting from another source of information, Mark said the homicide rate had tripled from 9.2 per 100,000 persons in 2000 to 28.2 per 100,000 at the end of 2006. This was the highest in the region, Mark said, with the exception of Jamaica. “TT is fast becoming the murder capital of the region.”

He said Minister of National Security Minister Martin Joseph was shameless when he asked the nation for three more years to solve crime. “He must go!” Mark declared.

UNC deputy Political Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar also called for Joseph to go since, “the country gone through,” with things reaching the stage where babies are being slaughtered.

She expressed outrage at the murder of five-month-old Zion Jones.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Even Chambers was better than Manning.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:37:40 AM »
So we replace Joseph and u put who and police continue 2 b short staff because nuff ah dem eh reportin 4 wuk. All d yrs dey promote dem idiots on seniority iz only now meritocracy is being used.

All yuh 4get dat Panday was d Min of Nat Sec when he throw he hand in d air dat was under he watch when tings start 2 go hey wire when he ex partner Baksh turn URP into d gang warfare dat it is.

So fire Joseph it eh go make a difference unless u stop d flow of guns and drugs
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 02:12:35 PM »
chambers was ah good PM

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 07:28:17 AM »
chambers was ah good PM

He was probably the bess we ever had,   in reflection.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »
But allyuh use to sing the Chambers Done see. Some people cried crocodile tears when he died.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »
Yep nuff crocodile tears dey refuse he 6% then Robbie take 10%
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
TT ... in retrospect? or dahis yuh feeling long time now?

'cause Sam's use of "even" suggesting a negative ... educate me. No BS.

Fishs saying in retrospect ... buh he also saying he was prolly de best ...

crime or no crime ...

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 09:18:13 PM »
I hope that I am not being to pushy, but allow me if you will to expound on how good T&T's BEST ever PM was.

His name was george Michael Chambers.

He faced an almost impossible task of diversifying T&T's post oil boom economy, his policies were very unpopular but ultimately laid the foundation for T&T's future economic boom and boon.

respected T&T economist Llyod Best referred to Chambers as a "BETTER Minister of finance than even Eric Williams."

Best furhter went on to say that Chambers: "Always knew his material and had a great sweep of the large strategic concerns of the country.''

he easily won his first election after succeeding Eric but lost by a huge margin the following election largely due to his unpopular but greaty needed economic reform policies and his attempts to divserify the economy.  I believe that was in 86'    he evn ost his own seat in that election.

he would later die of a heart attack while getting treatment for prostate cancer.

He served in many ministeries, a quiet man, but a man of great knowledge and a willingness to listen to others.

when the US came attempting to put pressure on T&T to join invading Grenada, Chambers stood up to them and rightly kept T&T out of that nonsense.  he was often portrayed as being a dunce, but the truth was far from that, he was a highly intelligent and resourceful man.

It is MY personal beleif that this was the undoing of his political career as the US retaliated with severe and draconian measures to disrupt the T&T economy thru the IMF.  T&T needed a 100million loan and the IMF said ok, but you have to impose certain measures.  (can't remember them all so i looked it up)

1.  10% cut in salares on all pub;lic servants
2.  slash all government subsidies to public utilities
3.  elimination of personal tax reliefs
4.  reducing the corporate tax rate from 49 1/2% to 45%
5. before this UWI was free, after this loan all students had to pay 10% of tuition costs

there were more measures that were forced upon T&T, this caused Chambers to lose the election badly, men like Panday had a field day.

It was clear case of US interference in the politics and policies of T&T, retaliation for saying hell no to the Grenadian invasion.

The rest is history, but he was a good PM, the best really.

PS Ellis Clarke, then President appointed Chambers over Kamal and Errol Mahabir....no one really knows why, the Pres himself said he changed his mind the night before the appointment...he did not say why though.

In 1973, Eric said he was resigning as political leader of the PNM, there was supposed to be a run off election between Kamal Mohammed and Karl hudson Phillips for political leader of the PNM, but williams reversed his decision and came back, this led to a rift between him and Karl....a calypso named Ah fraid karl by sparrow made the rounds.  lol

Please also read:

http://www.nalis.gov.tt/Biography/bio_GeorgeChambers.html

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 09:21:57 PM »
Newie u doin well u battin a 100 d man run d coutry when oil was bout $9

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 09:41:45 PM »
Yes oil fell below 10 a barrelwhen he was PM.

That said prior to OPEC was was selling at around 3 dollars a barrel too.

lol

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »
and things was better than now ....yeah in retropect he  was a quite fellar and use to take real blows and just smile .yeah
He famous line was the Treasury empty lol he and PNM lost from they ..then Vat .
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:50:08 PM by Quagmire »

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »
and things was better than now ....yeah in retropect he  was a quite fellar and use to take real blows and just smile .yeah
He famous line was the Treasury empty lol he and PNM lost from they ..then Vat .

The treasury was indeed empty...it was emptied by Johnny O and his cohorts and by eric's indulgences to the civil service.

to this day members of the civil service in trinidad and Tobago don't do a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Thank Eric Williams for that.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 10:43:39 PM »
I hope that I am not being to pushy, but allow me if you will to expound on how good T&T's BEST ever PM was.

His name was george Michael Chambers.

He faced an almost impossible task of diversifying T&T's post oil boom economy, his policies were very unpopular but ultimately laid the foundation for T&T's future economic boom and boon.

respected T&T economist Llyod Best referred to Chambers as a "BETTER Minister of finance than even Eric Williams."

Best furhter went on to say that Chambers: "Always knew his material and had a great sweep of the large strategic concerns of the country.''

he easily won his first election after succeeding Eric but lost by a huge margin the following election largely due to his unpopular but greaty needed economic reform policies and his attempts to divserify the economy.  I believe that was in 86'    he evn ost his own seat in that election.

he would later die of a heart attack while getting treatment for prostate cancer.

He served in many ministeries, a quiet man, but a man of great knowledge and a willingness to listen to others.

when the US came attempting to put pressure on T&T to join invading Grenada, Chambers stood up to them and rightly kept T&T out of that nonsense.  he was often portrayed as being a dunce, but the truth was far from that, he was a highly intelligent and resourceful man.

It is MY personal beleif that this was the undoing of his political career as the US retaliated with severe and draconian measures to disrupt the T&T economy thru the IMF.  T&T needed a 100million loan and the IMF said ok, but you have to impose certain measures.  (can't remember them all so i looked it up)

1.  10% cut in salares on all pub;lic servants
2.  slash all government subsidies to public utilities
3.  elimination of personal tax reliefs
4.  reducing the corporate tax rate from 49 1/2% to 45%
5. before this UWI was free, after this loan all students had to pay 10% of tuition costs

there were more measures that were forced upon T&T, this caused Chambers to lose the election badly, men like Panday had a field day.

It was clear case of US interference in the politics and policies of T&T, retaliation for saying hell no to the Grenadian invasion.

The rest is history, but he was a good PM, the best really.

PS Ellis Clarke, then President appointed Chambers over Kamal and Errol Mahabir....no one really knows why, the Pres himself said he changed his mind the night before the appointment...he did not say why though.

In 1973, Eric said he was resigning as political leader of the PNM, there was supposed to be a run off election between Kamal Mohammed and Karl hudson Phillips for political leader of the PNM, but williams reversed his decision and came back, this led to a rift between him and Karl....a calypso named Ah fraid karl by sparrow made the rounds.  lol

Please also read:

http://www.nalis.gov.tt/Biography/bio_GeorgeChambers.html
I cant wait for TT response cause on one hand u big up a PNM leader but on the other ,u sullying the states ,that should be a dilemma .

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 11:27:28 PM »
The truth is what it is.

I am sure truetrini knows that his party has a history that is great but one that is also tarnished by greed, corruption and graft.

As for the USA, they were truely complicit in destroying the PNM....indirectly as their intent was simply punishing T&T for ignoring their call for an illegal attack on Grenada.

Chambers stood his ground and paid the price for what was just and right.

Reagan lied to the world about Grenada.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 08:32:19 AM »
A lying US president like dat is d criteria 2 get d wuk. My proudest moment was when he tell Regan invade Grenada witout me.

Me eh vex in 86 dey were humilated at d polls after all ah we tief statement by Desmond Cartey was d end d last straw.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 08:39:36 AM »
In the not too distant past our dear PM Patrick The Rook Mnning did stand up to the US over gas..he stated that he would find another market for our natural gas if they didn't cool off on some thing or the other,,,,seems like the US capitulated to Rook.

:)

ps I call him Rook as he lives in a castle, has a Bishop or prophetess, a court ah jokers acting as ministers, a few pawns, and a Queen who cooks great breakfasses,he is also 4 King haughty.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:41:12 AM by assrancid »

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 09:25:56 AM »
it's said. A bird shit on chambers head, as he pass his hand on it, he  bawl out.. oh gosh meh head buss!

he came onto the scene and left very quiet. Thanks for the link rancid.

"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »
Welcome to the board assrancid. I like your contribution so far, keep it up please. You look like you go fall in nice in the General Discussion section.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 09:42:51 PM »
We need one like he now. Seriously.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 11:02:38 PM »

1]; } ?>