April 18, 2024, 09:56:57 PM

Author Topic: Your Kids - What are your plans?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
Your Kids - What are your plans?
« on: June 13, 2008, 09:06:22 AM »
There is a wide age range when it comes to guys on this forum, which only adds to the diverse and educational view points expressed. But this topic can really pertain to all.

Do any of you have Kids yet? What are your plans as far as getting the youngster involved in football? Have you thought about it? Do you think its possible to create a footballer? For the guys who dont have kids, you can chime in too, as to your future plans?

Future Warriors in the making!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Your Kids - What are your plans?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:39:59 AM »
I not sure if my daughter will be a warrior princess nah.............to much games. If she continue going how she going she will be a very good player. I would love for her to play for the Red, White and Black, but it eh looking to promising.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:46:27 AM »
My big son who is 3, does only want to hit bullet.
He doh want to make no soft pass, anytime he kick is VOOP ball bouncin off de tv an ting :-).
The younger one only want to pick up the ball so he might be de keeper.

For sure they will play in childhood, but there are plenty good sports out there and they could do what they want.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 09:52:19 AM »
I not sure if my daughter will be a warrior princess nah.............to much games. If she continue going how she going she will be a very good player. I would love for her to play for the Red, White and Black, but it eh looking to promising.

Elan, with girls its a little more tricky, but by no means is being a girl a barrier for any sport (just needed to say that so I dont get in trouble). I have a sister that I take care of, it was tough trying to figure out what to get her into. After testing out swimming, gymnastics and golf we finally settled in with a golf focus at age 8. She has done well over the years and will be playing for TnT in the caribbean junior golf championships next month. I think if you lay out a plan early, you can find natural ability somewhere and then build on it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:54:26 AM by marcus »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 10:03:20 AM »
He is 9 and rearing to go....who say the next latapy  ;D I am serious though...he have the touch, he is quick and small built...Hopefully the TTFF would have their act together by the time he is ready to wear the RWB....oh and he loves the game, so it's not me pushing him...well not blatantly, just a little nudge  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »

Elan, with girls its a little more tricky, but by no means is being a girl a barrier for any sport (just needed to say that so I dont get in trouble). I have a sister that I take care of, it was tough trying to figure out what to get her into. After testing out swimming, gymnastics and golf we finally settled in with a golf focus at age 8. She has done well over the years and will be playing for TnT in the caribbean junior golf championships next month. I think if you lay out a plan early, you can find natural ability somewhere and then build on it.

My daughter had only one option and it was football  ;D . She have better touches than a lot of the players on the U-17 team. First touch on and beats for days. She is also about 5'6 at 10 years old.
We had a lot of first hand experience with the national women's team so we watching to see how things progress.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 05:13:49 PM »
That is really a great post coz it hit me quite hard all bcoz my son was an exceptional footballer and cricketer.While he was at Primary school he was involved in a football final in London for 11 year olds,on the same day he was also involved in a cricket final.The cricket final was bigger than the football final so he choose the cricket match,the coach warned him that if he chooses the cricket that he would never again play for the school again.It turned out that he never again played for the school and he dropped football,at cricket he was expected to play for England at some stage,cricket clubs in and around London all wanted to have him.The biggest surprise was when he also gave up cricket.I personally feel that if he starts back in any of the sports he could make it at the highest level.I say that as someone who has played at club level in England at both sports.

1]; } ?>