April 29, 2024, 04:30:40 AM

Author Topic: Marvin Andrews desperate for Euro action  (Read 819 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Andrews desperate for Euro action
« on: September 06, 2005, 08:21:50 AM »
Marvin Andrews desperate for Euro action
By Emma Dodds (Glasgow Rangers FC)

Marvin Andrews is counting down the days until Gers kick off their Champions League campaign and admits he will fulfil a lifetime ambition by playing in the competition.

Although the T&T international didn't feature in the 2-0 won over Anorthosis Famagusta, he was delighted his team-mates finished off the tie to qualify for the group stage, where they will now face Inter Milan, Porto and Artmedia Bratislava.

It will be a dream come true to play in the world greatest club competition and completes an unbelievable rise to stardom for Marvin.

He admitted: "Everything is just a matter of time and I have always believed that.

"A few years ago I was playing with Raith Rovers and now I am looking forward to being involved in the Champions League.

"It's an aspiration I have had for a long time and it will be fantastic to play against these top players from around the world, competing at the highest level with Rangers.

It's a good draw but won't be easy. From this stage on every game is a very tough one. Inter Milan and Porto away are going to be very hard but if we take one match at a time who knows what will happen.

I'm feeling fine. God has been good to me and everything is going really well just now. My knee is great and I am now just looking to continue playing well for Rangers and my country."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>