March 28, 2024, 01:30:12 PM

Author Topic: Team formation against Costa Rica  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Team formation against Costa Rica
« on: September 05, 2005, 05:21:47 PM »
Seeing that we have problems defending early into a game, then we should start with 3 central defenders and then later make the adjustment to 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, a tie is good against Costa Rica and we are playing away. I am not being negative, just trying to be logical.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 05:34:20 AM by Tallman »

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How about a 5-4-1 to start
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 05:33:41 PM »
I agree, recentely England played with that formation and still won. They are cussing the england coach sven but hey they won. Whatever it takes to secue a spot.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 05:36:46 PM »
buh coach, the Guat goal come from a free kick, deflection, we had men behind the ball...ah doh think is was the same situation as the USA game...ah really think dis was a fluke, buh it still did happen 2ice....therefore ah do definately think the guys have to be on full concentration for full 90 mins, not the first or last 75 mins. It is tough, but at this juncture, nuthen coming easy, without maximum effort.

We need to score to win, we absolutely need to win, so at least a normal form is in order...but we have to much uncertainties in scoring and require to many chances to go with an overly defensive form....unless we dun up 1 and 3 mins to go....jus my op.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 06:07:22 PM »
Good points Maxg, but we can't afford to falter in this game, just something to think about, as you know we have to view this from all angles.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 06:34:03 PM »
 And Stern Will be the lone striker....lol ha ha ha ha ha hah aha ;D doh make me laff

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 07:04:46 PM »
I agree totally we need to play 4-5-1 at least to start the game.
We are going there with one point with this formation we can keep that point and I really believe that we can win playing that formation could maybe play a lil 4-4-2 according to how the game going.

Go Warriors
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
come fellas...leh we organize this back 4
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 09:37:34 PM »
how we putting it together at the back with avery out??....sancho and dog play center last match and spanner right back.....we have lawrence  back for this game.....do we break up the central defence pairing?...or leave our dennis ??....do we put sancho on the left ??  and stick dennis back in ??....cox on the left ???...noW the two big decisions....drop dog?....or   or...dont freak....wolfe on the left....you all would not believe this...i sat 2 seats from wolfe at the game on sat.....when avery got the yellow card i turned to wolffe and said " well you're in son".....he complexsion turn like birchall.....and he actually left his seat about 2 mins after....im not sure if he came back...i got too caught up in de game....any how....a back 4 with spanner, sancho, lawrence and cox...will probably be the best 4 defenders at passing the ball for tnt......with no avery and dog...the two defenders who constantly give away the ball.....ball possesion or building from the back might become more frequent ( not eaiser).....but tell me this ...WHO IN DEY RIGHT FLIKING MIND COULD LOOK DOG IN HE FACE AND SAY " SORRY SON...YOU HAVE TO SIT OUT THIS ONE".....so leh meh hear what allyuh think???...i going with the spann, dog , lawerence, sancho...god bless....TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: come fellas...leh we organize this back 4
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 09:54:26 PM »

Spann             Lawrence           Sancho               Wolfe

Whitley

Edwards             Yorke            Birchall              Latas

Stern

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 11:07:15 PM »

Spann             Lawrence           Sancho               Wolfe

Whitley

Edwards             Yorke            Birchall              Latas

Stern

Palos,
   I think you are on the ball, except that Costa Rica's air power is similar to ours and has to be neutralized by Dog, especially with the crosses. I understand that he is making some errors but definitely outweighed by his power heading. Tallman can't quite cut it without him as a pair.  Also Dog has a 20% chance of scoring a goal for us during a corner and he has been lurking around the box alot and running back to position.

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 11:09:33 PM »
Jack
Spann

Dog - Lawrence

Wolfe
Cox (Libero)
Edwards
Birchall Yorke
Theobald
Latas
Stern

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 01:11:23 AM »
I ent go lie...ah doh kno... ah guessin sanch left...doh ah like dog out...nah, not against CR...ammmm,,Cox..nah,,nah..Dog left....nah..nahh..
hear wha... ah callin ah Team meeting for this one....without seeing d las game, ah really not sure.....even if avery was available, ah would have he same problem..ah doh know...Sanch, Lawrence, and Dwag......final decision...Sanch off the bench any defensive pos., depending on how the game going...Wolfe start....is time to be ah man

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 02:19:50 AM »
nice post dreamer.

spann ---lawrence---dog-----sancho

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 06:07:15 AM »
nice post dreamer.

spann ---lawrence---dog-----sancho

Well, Bounty and others, that is a very likely possibility. Can somebody give some "scouting" info on Wolfe. His history in the PFL, original school and his strength and weaknesses. Tallman/Flex, help too please
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Team formation against Costa Rica
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 06:16:52 AM »
Palos if Beenie hasn't given Wolfe a sweat yet he is not going to do it for CR.

If is one thing the man is loyal and puts his faith in men playing big club ball. MOre I think about it the more I realize that Sancho will play left back again. Especially as Spann fit in so well at right back. And it is very unlikely that Dog will get drop.

Sancho could do it, he might get pulled out of position but he has tremendous fight and probably has the best recovery of our centrebacks. He will need help on the left though and Whitley would be better than Latas at doing that.

Other than that that side look sound with Yorke and Birchall in the middle, Stern up top and Latas in between Stern and the midfield.

Beenie needs to keep as many men from the last two games as possible because these are the men that are confident and have been gelling together over these two uphill battles.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 06:18:29 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 06:20:43 AM »
Sancho has played left back a few times and that definitely did not work.....he looks like cyd gray when he plays left back.....we need to leave him in the center of defence. So that leaves 2 questions...who playing left back and who is the other defender in the center of defence.  I will go out on a limb and play Wolfe as left back.  Choosing between Lawrence and Andrews will be very tough..Dog is by far the better player but he is in terrible form (or he could be feeling some serious pain in his knee and staying quiet) and Lawrence too slow to deal with dem Costa Ricans.  Leo has kept faith in his players for the most so I expect Andrews to play.

Atiba and Cox are 2 options but Atiba confidence must be shot after Bobby Convey beat him like he stole something and Cox has not been around the team a lot in recent times.

With that in mind, I feel if we play with 4 defenders..it will be Spann, sancho, andrews and wolfe or play sancho at right back and tallest in the center.  If we play with 5 then we play spann, sancho, andrews, lawrence, and wolfe...in the latter case..we can always switch and play spann in midfield if the need arises during the game.

jusme

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 07:01:08 AM »
Dog is by far the better player but he is in terrible form (or he could be feeling some serious pain in his knee and staying quiet) and Lawrence too slow to deal with dem Costa Ricans.  Leo has kept faith in his players for the most so I expect Andrews to play.

Allyuh really feel that Dog have more foot speed than Lawrence?

Anyway I have faith in Beenie to figure something out.  Last time we play Costa Rica (in BSC last game) we use a backline of Lawrence, Atiba, Rojas and Pierre I think.  We definitely have a deeper pool of defenders now.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 07:49:31 AM »
a 4-3-3 will work better than a 4-5-1

Jack                                                                                 

Lawrence         Andrews          Cox                                           

Sancho

Edwards        Birchall             Spann

Yorke
                John                       Latapy 

1]; } ?>