April 20, 2024, 01:40:27 AM

Author Topic: We need a WN Press Officer!!!  (Read 2329 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
We need a WN Press Officer!!!
« on: June 16, 2008, 01:34:57 PM »
to go to these press conferences and ask the pertinent questions that are not being asked...

is this possible?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: We need a WN Press Officer!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 01:39:38 PM »
Good idea Omar.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »
This is something that I was thinking about........why this forum with so many resources dont have a real voice......I saw ttcom talk bout putting money wey people mout is an take out a full page ad........we should be doing more than jus bumping gum on here

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »
No. Just like a George Bush press conference, you have to be approved first to be at a Jack Warner or TTFF press conference.  And if you ask a challenging question you will be banned.  

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »
No. Just like a George Bush press conference, you have to be approved first to be at a Jack Warner or TTFF press conference.  And if you ask a challenging question you will be banned. 

I was afraid of that too.  If man get ban from the website, imagine for a press conference.  The man doh even acknowledge FPATT, nor the experienced Lisana.  We go have a serious challenge on we hands dey.

If I didn't have a day job, ah woulda certainly take up the challenge.  I would lobby for the WN photographer position though.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
No. Just like a George Bush press conference, you have to be approved first to be at a Jack Warner or TTFF press conference.  And if you ask a challenging question you will be banned. 

I was afraid of that too.  If man get ban from the website, imagine for a press conference.  The man doh even acknowledge FPATT, nor the experienced Lisana.  We go have a serious challenge on we hands dey.

If I didn't have a day job, ah woulda certainly take up the challenge.  I would lobby for the WN photographer position though.

all you have to do is get credentialed as a bonafide journalist... this "Press Officer" talk is nonsense, they could always exclude yuh... Shaun Fuentes doh even know what de ass his role or title is...he's ah glorified PR man which is why he ass get kick out some months back.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »

all you have to do is get credentialed as a bonafide journalist... this "Press Officer" talk is nonsense, they could always exclude yuh... Shaun Fuentes doh even know what de ass his role or title is...he's ah glorified PR man which is why he ass get kick out some months back.

How yuh going about doing that ?  It a have journalist school or yuh have to get a degree in journalism or something ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 02:02:59 PM »
You can alway approach him with a camera man Andrew Jennings style  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »
You can alway approach him with a camera man Andrew Jennings style  ;D

dias the shit self lol. rile up the bitch  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 02:05:34 PM »
are there any 'credentialed' journalists that can represent the WN at press conferences?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 02:07:15 PM »
are there any 'credentialed' journalists that can represent the WN at press conferences?

Lisana  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »

How yuh going about doing that ?  It a have journalist school or yuh have to get a degree in journalism or something ?

Good question pardners... that I don't know.  I don't believe you need to go journalism school or get degree or nutten like that...there should be a trade group or association that represents journalists in TnT (the same fools who was ready to fight Hunt for kicking out Fido in de earlies).  My guess is that they either would be in charge of credentialing themselves...or could direct you.  You could also just call up one of the newspapers and inquire... since the newspapers would likely be in charge of getting such credentials for their staff.

If anybody really serious, my guess would be to offer one of the major newspapers your services as either a free-lance journalist that would offer occasional insight/feedback from the WN perspective...see if they're willing to bite.  But if not, the trade group (MATT??) might be able to help.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 06:29:10 PM »
Pardners, Omar....why all yuh even bothering....according to some on here...WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO EVEN DENT JACK'S INFLUENCE....so why bother??....

According to these folks it have no hope dred...none... ::)....steups.....here nah, it amazing what taking prick up we anus all dese years have done to us....

If all yuh need mih help in any way....ah here....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »
to go to these press conferences and ask the pertinent questions that are not being asked...

is this possible?
\

Very very good idea

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »

is this possible?

great idea!!!

I don't think it should be hard to get press credentials.... after all this site is a legitimate news medium, we are a democratic nation with civil liberties and freedom of press.

although Lasana might be the obvisous choice, I think it should be someone fresh, impartial, and collected under pressure. Someone who will represent our collected voice and not their own agendas.

there has to be someone on the forum, that can give us advice and the precursors on going about getting press credentials...

this is the suggestion of the year!

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 10:23:05 PM »
There is no real general journalism accreditation in Trinidad. It depends on what you want the press officer to do.

Media Accreditation to matches are done through applications to the TTFF or FIFA (TTFF first, but you can also go directly to FIFA). This is done on an match by match basis, gives the organisation a press pass for the match and usually access to the post game press conferences.

If you're talking about being able to attend JW press conferences, it's about getting invited and knowing where to go. I do believe the Warrior Nation is established enough to gain official accreditation to matches, applications would need to be formal from the WN. This seems the most logical thing, it should allow someone to be there at the post-game press conferences and be able to ask questions directly. If the TTFF denies accreditation, the WN can go like Lasana and go directly to FIFA to push the case for it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 10:26:36 PM »
What journalist school all yuh talkin bout like all yuh 4get a man name Gladiator d man was president of d street vendors association and he wukin 4 more money than me.

If Lisana eh gettin invited how we go get in through d roof like d man in d bible who friends carry him 2 b healed.

What we need 2 do is every time d man talk he crap we call d journalit dem correct it and then send a letter see if we can get d WN column or somthing but doh expect 2 get invited 2 no press conference.

Plus once we go dat way expect dat we go ever get recognition from d JW/TTFF
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>