March 28, 2024, 09:46:47 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs Bermuda...Maturana has been found out  (Read 15785 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs Bermuda...Maturana has been found out
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2008, 10:16:52 PM »
How the faack yuh go play ah leage one striker and a championship striker over an eridise striker. utter maddness!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2008, 10:19:59 PM »
Yow lion paw and 2099 , not now dread , please lowwe the forum tonight nah boss, ah really not in the mood to hear allyuh fardder. just cool wid dat seen.

Boss, be mad at your own ppl for not turning out. We, the fans were the reason why Bahamas got clobbered. This was perhaps their first game in a huge, packed stadium. They were booed whenever they touched the ball. The occasion was just too much for them. I'm sure if we didn't show up they would've fared better.
Smoke and Fly

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2008, 10:24:06 PM »
Brudder if u follow TNT football u go know dat d crowd dat was dey is d crowd dat does b ar dem ealy games. D only ting is dat it eh lookin like we go have any late games
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2008, 10:25:20 PM »
How the faack yuh go play ah leage one striker and a championship striker over an eridise striker. utter maddness!!!
all of dem is shit ...it doh matter :devil:

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2008, 10:32:10 PM »
Boss, be mad at your own ppl for not turning out. We, the fans were the reason why Bahamas got clobbered. This was perhaps their first game in a huge, packed stadium. They were booed whenever they touched the ball. The occasion was just too much for them. I'm sure if we didn't show up they would've fared better.

You do have a fair point, Jamaica has enjoyed much better stadium support in at least my lifetime. People only come to T&T games en masse for the big games. Diehards attend the others, and you're lucky we get a couple thousand. Our record of attendance has been poor in my lifetime at least. Digicel cup, Shell Cup, virtually all early WCQ games have half empty stadiums. As much as the price is high for tickets, it is not solely the ticket cost to blame. People pay $200 easy for a fete, if people were passionate enough they would push hard to attend the game.

But I won't blame a single person for not showing up, especially under current conditions. On the field performances and the off the field antics are really hurting the most staunch supporters and patriots.

This has been a terrible weekend for Trinidad and Tobago. 7 murders (not including sunday) and this performance to top it off. I wonder if people realise what sport can really do for a country.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2008, 10:56:47 PM »
Trinis does support party. It had more peeps at d JA game because Machel was dey. Is d party deh went 2 doh get tie up like some crab
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »
Contrary to most I still say the sky is not falling... the universe will be restored to it's proper balance next Sunday.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2008, 11:21:59 PM »
i was saddened today to hear of the bullshit score line. however, i am elated that we lost this game. it finally prove to me that we not trying to qualify for the south african world cup but the one after that. no way can we qualify for a world cup in four years time playing the players we are. we ketching we ass to beat caribbean teams...usa just put 8 on barbados!!! i hope jack and the ttff is happy with whats going on. we have proven players who want to represent the country and cant because of nonsense. i am sick and tired of the nonsense!!! i hope we lose in bermuda and end this fiasco quickly, instead of prolonging the agony. people talking about stern missing, and yes he shud of bury the chances he getting...but we have much more bigger problems than stern! NO MIDFIELD!!! no one is willing to step up in de middle and help support the strikers when they have the ball. is like they not fit enough to run in the attack and run back to defend!! defense is even more shit. im sorry but our PFL and college players are not ready for this level. it has been proven game in and game out!! so i really hope we end this nonsense in bermuda...that way we can fulfil jacks plan of missing this world cup and focusing on the next!!!  :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
Hello sayin is 2014 is my tag line like ah luv it by u know who. It was so unbelievable we back d midfield with 5 men but like is netball dey was playin dey could not move from d centre line

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2008, 05:03:42 AM »
Touches - Your take on Kareem Smith at right back?

He seems to feed on confidence and looks willing to overlap at times, but his pace dread...

I feel sorry for that rastaman yesterday afternoon at times, but he did have some good moments.

Hyland - U really find he was that ineffective on the wing? During the warm ups, I was wondering if we would ever see Carlos switching to the left wing as Beenhakker did a couple years ago.Hyland had a couple enterprising runs on both wings man. You could see this yute's class though.

On a slightly material and unrelated event, u see the cap Scottie hit the man in the box with his back to the defender and the ball rolling toward him?? But I was so demoralised at that point all I do was a quiet clap.

You are spot on about Bermuda being a bunch of big belly red men. It is almost scandalous that we lost to them yesterday.

I am confident that natural order will return on Sunday and the better team prevail.

We know that chances will come. I just hope Stern and Scottie and Roberts dont have another off day.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2008, 07:15:12 AM »
Contrary to most I still say the sky is not falling... the universe will be restored to it's proper balance next Sunday.

I echo your sentiments man. 

It seemed to me from the comments that we created much more scoring opportunities.  If that is correct, then we should prevail in Bermuda.

For the fellas that saw the game, did we in fact create more scoring opportunities?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2008, 08:02:56 AM »
This is why I loved Wim....he at least stood up for what was right. He wasnt going to let Jack and his cronies get in the way of doing the best job possible. He would fight for every bit of space to perform his job properly.

This fool Maturana is a puppet for Corneal and Warner

Thanks for the report, Touches
Hart for president

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2008, 08:17:30 AM »
What i didnt get today was...

1) Why try a 3-5-2 in a WCQ? when you had 6 friendlies before and never tried it..

My guess would be to tailor the side to Carlos' strengths and the fact that we don't have a left back. Obviously Carlos wasn't around for the six games so they now decide to try it.

Honestly we should be looking to strengthen the defence and Carlos should be playing at right back with somebody in front of him in midfield. Also whoever is the best TnT left back in the pro-league should be playing, full-stop.

why should they select the best left back in the pro league instead of the simply the best left back?

why ppl keep insisiting that carlos should play in defence?  carlos simply need to come back and defend like any other sensible midfielder when his team does not have the ball.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2008, 08:22:59 AM »
Play Carlos in d defence because dat is d weakest part of we game although u eh go feel so because d coach play 3 5 2. All d men who sure we eh go score in Bermuda please give me d lotto numbers it eh go b gambling it go b a sure ting.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2008, 08:27:43 AM »
I just glad i didn't spend my money and go the game again. If i only knew that shit was going on in there, i would have stayed from home and pelt some big stone on the field and buss a few heads. Father's day keep me home and my son was crying for no reason that i could see a lot of the day but i'm sure it was a better spent day than if i had gone that mess of a game. The worst thing though is that anthem thing, if that is real, boy oh boy we're in more shit than anybody would have thought. Right now it looks like the players will be at home in T&T watching Africa on tv.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2008, 08:54:35 AM »
Morning all

I still depressed about yesterday...Imagine I couldnt even drink a beer to cool down meh frustrations as all the beer sell out....before half-time.

Is one thing to know in yuh head yuh team ent ready as yet. But to see the la la unfold live and direct in front yuh eye is a bitter thing indeed.

We have 4 short comings....1) The players on the field not up to scratch....even Hyland. Hyland is simply potential right now....great potential....world class even...but the potential has not been nurtured, honed, released or I am sure even realised by himself. I dont think he himself know how good he is or what he is capable of and he will never know playing at the level he currently operating in. Also too I not sure of his football brain, he have skill but I find at times he does operate duncy in regards to his decision making on the field. But in time he will develop into a great player. He has not passed thru the Wars or played in any big games yet to be battle hardened and have the required experience.

Daniel need to get a rest. Telesford tries hard and plays with heart but he ent up to scratch. All the defence except tallest ent ready. Hislop and Smith is the best of the lot but they are not World Cup Standard.

2) The system is not one that creating opportunities. We controlling the ball in the back under no pressure and not going forward. Any time we try to move fwd we are completly shut down by opposing forwards or midfielders. Also there is no midfield to win the ball or create opportunities.

3) Attitude of players.....You could see it have real ego issues and disharmony in this squad. Especially between the pros and the locals. The pros not pulling their weight and doing the correct things and they actually cussing and abusing the local players when they making errors. I find the cuss is deserved in most instances but they not playing for each other...nobody trying to make a man pass look better, nobody willing to give the extra fight or run, is a stand up and shake head.

I see a few instances when Ince give a ball to a man and when he mess up just hold his head in disbelief. Carlos and Smith like they ent the best of Friends, Stern and the middle ent no friends neither. Telesford and Hislop get the world of cuss from Ince and boy it just have no kinda comraderie or spirit in this squad. There is no trust.

4) Finally leadership...no body stepping up and being vocal on the field, standing up for his teammates, issuing instructions and finally leading by example and let his playing do the talking. Whitley trying his best and I must applaud him for all his effort, but he doesnt have the respect it seems of the foreign based pros on the team.
Also he is not a vocal player and does not communicate much with those around him.

I would give Lawrence the armband in the next match.

I think the entire team needs to have a good thrash out session. Let man cuss one another, fight, get all the bad feelings out. Then put it aside and focus on the task at hand.

We are Trinis...we like to do things the hard way and give people heart attack..... We will score 2 in the last 5 minutes iand win 3-1.

Then it will be joy and celebration.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:56:07 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2008, 09:03:15 AM »
We are Trinis...we like to do things the hard way and give people heart attack..... We will score 2 in the last 5 minutes iand win 3-1.

I hope so.... Nice insight as usual...
Not really shocked by what happened, based on your reports from the last few games, I felt that this was in the making, but did not want to believe it...
I have a few Bermudan friends I went to school with and before the game they wanted to make a friendly wager, I declined saying I did not want to take their money, but deep down was not sure if we would pull it off...

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04:01 AM »
We trinis are the biggest jokers in the world, touches preaching for the past few games that the team playing extreme shit, men fighting him down and saying he negative and then they bigging up men like cupid, hyland, daniel, etc. based on performances against mediocre teams, man bawling maturana have real pedigree because he coach colombia in world cup and he is ah million times better than Wim because he giving the locals ah chance...scotland is ah boss although it appeared from all reports that he eh do anything worthwhile today.
now fast forward to the life after the cutarse from bermuda...maturana must go and the players eh ready...
just now ppl will start calling for yorke and latas to come out of retirement and then there will be idiots who will say that if hardest play we woulda beat bermuda.
I still think this current shit squad could get past bermuda but after that we have endless licks to get if jack warner continue with his blacklist.

Maturana is not even rated in his own country...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »
Off the ball running and work rate is what is killing us. You can't play through balls if everyone standing up in one spot behind their marker. Therefore we can't create chances. We always depend on a moment of brilliance. Notice how Latas is always free to get the ball... this is because he always moves to put himself in space.

That is what Beenie brought us, organization and work rate.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2008, 09:25:38 AM »
Yuh had to be blind to see that the team is fractured.  After the warm ups, Carlos, Whitley, Tallest and Stern stay on the field just kicking around the ball.  Nothing special.  Someone from the administration had to come out and call them in and them men just stay kicking and then saunter into the dressing room.  Ten minutes later they on the field, so that in itself tell yuh that they did not want to hear any coaches last minute talk or bond with the team in the dressing room.

My two cents, is that all the work done by Beenie Man (and Wim) in at least making our defense decent and capable of good showings on a big stage has gone down the drain in less than 6-8 months. That is inexcusable noting that Anton has been a constant.

I made the statement since the Jamaica game that Hyland needs to stop reading the papers, he definitely has talent but he is far from a finish product.  Folks on this forum don't help the situation since man still wanting to see a rusty broken spanner that Hyland try against an attacking midfield player as Gerard.  Pleeeease.

Could we win by two goals in Bermuda - Without a doubt.  That big belly red man fete match team deserved to win yesterday because we diod not play to win but let us get serious they really did not do anything to warrant us not believing that we cannot travel to Bermuda and get the result.  They won on Sunday and that is all.  I am more concerned with what will happen after Sunday regardless of the result.

I will make a statement that some will get upset with but say what...  If Carlos is no longer interested in playing for the national team, simply say so and not tarnish the good memories he has created so far.  Carlos appeared totally uninterested for major portions of the game.  And has been constantly exposing the wing back by the amount of space between the two.  England killed us down his side, Jamaica did the same and it appeared that Bermuda scouted us well since they did the same in the first half and scored within six minutes.  Not to mention the amount of ta ta he supplied from set plays.  None of the plays threatened Bermuda.  None.  Dreadful.  Only Carlos alone is to blame in that department.

There is hoope since I am sure we can get a decent score on the road against this team. But what's next......

Blessing
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:28:05 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2008, 09:26:28 AM »

It seemed to me from the comments that we created much more scoring opportunities.  If that is correct, then we should prevail in Bermuda.

For the fellas that saw the game, did we in fact create more scoring opportunities?

At the end of  de day goals win games.....as it stands the record will show T&T 1 Bermuda 2.... nobody eh go care about no scoring opportunities....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »

I agree with that prognosis. Over two legs we should beat Bermuda, even with this bunch of players but in my mind this particular tie is immaterial.

Any team could have a bad performance but if we had our best squad developing as it should have been a bad result probably would not have resulted in a home loss to Bermuda.

What the result shows, for those who did not want to see, is that WC qualification is a fairy tale that will not end nicely this time around.

And to think just last week men was posting about TnT chances in the Hex.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2008, 09:36:05 AM »
After reading all dem comments, ah hadda talk meh mind too....

Firstly, ah disagree wid de men who want to start blaming Ince for de loss......Ince has been doing an exceptional job.  Is not now Ince screaming at men....and he does scream at even de biggest ah players when dey doing shit.....Everybody does get dat......And how yuh goh blame ah goal on ah man who get knock out unconscious.....all yuh good we!

Finally, I doh know what all yuh worrying up yuhself so for.....We going to beat Bermuda by de 2 clear goals.....Same Uncle Jack all yuh bad talking, goh make it happen........Is nutting for Jack to buy de island ah Bermuda, far less de football team.....Come on peeps.  Stop worrying.  It have no way after all dah stadium comotion, that Jack go make de campaigne end so soon.  Even if it mean to make up a rule where de losing team could enter a qualification lottery heading straight to de final.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2008, 09:38:45 AM »

I think the entire team needs to have a good thrash out session. Let man cuss one another, fight, get all the bad feelings out. Then put it aside and focus on the task at hand.

Then it will be joy and celebration.

Touches,

If only it were that easy eh, well I hope yuh right wee... I honestly think if it ent bermuda it will be at the hands of someone else.  Players who we were supposed to build up from the last campaign have been shutout and some have taken back steps by themselves. Some individuals who play the game have not grasped the opportunity and moved forward, getting caught up in tra-la-la (i.e. theobald).... opportunities in life dont come by often, yuh make yuh own luck, these guys need to get hungry!

Also its easy and warrants little merit in me being a monday morning quarterback, and lambasting the coaching staff about using a 3-5-2 formation, but I am going do it anyway... what the hell were they thinking, it is clear that they underestimated Bermuda's team and figured they throw any 11 out there and get a favorable result. WE SHOULD NEVER PLAY 3-5-2. We don't have the personell, technical ability, experience and speed in defence for us to run 3-5-2.

Honestly I thnk the most important thing for our players now, is to try and get abroad as soon as possible, because development is not happening at home. Go to North America, Central America, South America... just go if yuh could make side, doh worry about money right now... go for two years get that much needed experience...

Touches, Thanks once again for the match report, if only our play were as clever as your report.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:41:02 AM by marcus »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2008, 09:43:55 AM »
Touches thanks for yuh report...much appreciated...both you and stevie wonder have been predicting this downward spiral  much to the chagrin of others...
I can only hope that the team can rebound from this defeat  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2008, 10:13:43 AM »

At the end of  de day goals win games.....as it stands the record will show T&T 1 Bermuda 2.... nobody eh go care about no scoring opportunities....

I agree but you missed my point.  Any coach in a loss would look to see if the team created scoring opportunities.  You cannot win if you do not shoot and you also cannot win if you do not create opportunities.  My point was that given the opportunities we created we will score.  Yes, we did not score yesterday but we will score.

Who want to bet Bermuda getting at least 3 on Sunday?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 10:21:23 AM »
Then another comedy...the game was stopped as the net for one of the goal posts was loose in the back. Stern John then tries to climb up and fix the net. The crowd shouting "that is not your wuk" Then eventually the groundsman Ralphie appears and Whitley has to lift him up and put him on his shoulders to help tie the net....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh my gawwwd.....yuh hadda laugh oui or else you will sob like ah widow

ONLEEEE IN SWEET T&T[/size]
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »
[quote author=Touches link=topic=36766.msg441439#msg441439 date=1213581660

Then another comedy...the game was stopped as the net for one of the goal posts was loose in the back. Stern John then tries to climb up and fix the net. The crowd shouting "that is not your wuk" Then eventually the groundsman Ralphie appears and Whitley has to lift him up and put him on his shoulders to help tie the net.....( You ever see shit so)

Our own players chasing a goal hadda give man boost and help groundsman tie up goal post net with 10 minutes left to play.

This real jokey-Is Ralphie yuh call dey.  Long me ain't hear that man name-he about 60 years old by now

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »

true. allyuh doh panic. this was just a fluke.

and if we doh make it, then we doh deserve to be in the next round.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:15 AM »
Brudder Ralphie d number 1 lacky is around still

1]; } ?>