April 27, 2024, 10:53:53 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 288589 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
Look out for news conference tomorrow at 2:00pm when ticket details will be released.

Did the press conference happen?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »
Eman I will have 2 check and see if it happened.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2008, 02:11:45 PM »
Like I said in another post.....go to the stadium and stand outside the stadium. Let the player know they have the support, but none for the ttff. I does see the shite Lampard, and Gerrad, and Rooney playing every weekend. So what if if we don't see them live? Men like pips too much. I must be able to say I was there... :bs:    Stand outside and support the players, let the TTFF know we fed up.

Dread, I know where you coming from but no matter what team Jack + co put out there stadium go sell out. This ent El Salvador or Guatemala we playing. De few local based who actuallyon dis forum go never get close enough to tell the players nothing. And seeing how the Hasely will be full, the only way you can have any kind of impact is if you get non forumites involved. And you not going to get the waggonist to boycott the only game they likely to attend for the year.

There is a french proverb...the absent are always wrong. In this case, it right on spot.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
Yes d press conference happned from May 5th u can book your tickets on d TTFF site. A maximum of 5 tickets per person. I eh get d info on d price will post that when I get it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2008, 02:14:13 PM »
thanks weary for de update
Back in Trini...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »
Yes d press conference happned from May 5th u can book your tickets on d TTFF site. A maximum of 5 tickets per person. I eh get d info on d price will post that when I get it.

That's going to be fun. They've never done anything like registration on their site before - nice match to pick for a trial run.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »
Right going and note dat date in mih diary.......

That's going to be fun. They've never done anything like registration on their site before - nice match to pick for a trial run.

.....yuh take de words right off mih keyboard...cuz mih next thought was.....TTFF website??....dat exist??....it up and running??...dem capable of dis kinda book ticket and pay after??

Dey couldn't manage ah simple pay through de bank, fax yuh receipt and collect tickets for de WC dey go manage dis??....laaaawwwddd fadder....ah hope dey prove mih wrong...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2008, 02:23:38 PM »
300 uncovered

600 covered

1200 VIP

LET D GAMES BEGIN

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
D site up but dey own press conference eh make latest news. Let me see how ong it will take 4 d site 2 b updated.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2008, 02:42:56 PM »
D site up but dey own press conference eh make latest news. Let me see how ong it will take 4 d site 2 b updated.

thaz exactly wah i checking now...i wonder if they server go be able to handle de load wen the tickets go on sale..
this going to be very interesting to say the least
Back in Trini...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2008, 03:06:50 PM »
Like I said in another post.....go to the stadium and stand outside the stadium. Let the player know they have the support, but none for the ttff. I does see the shite Lampard, and Gerrad, and Rooney playing every weekend. So what if if we don't see them live? Men like pips too much. I must be able to say I was there... :bs:    Stand outside and support the players, let the TTFF know we fed up.

With all due respect Elan it real easy to tell others to boycott when you have no intention of going to the game yourself.

We went through that last year with the Gold Cup where plenty people based in TnT and elsewhere was talking about boycotting when they had no real expectation of traveling to see the games anyway.

All the while the WN trying to get some credibility as a supporters group. At the end of the day people who was talking about boycotting find reasons to attend the warm-up games in Trini and watch every game on TV like everybody else. Not surprisingly nobody in TnT talking about boycotting this rounds even though this would probably hurt jack pocket more if it was to come through.

Now you, based in the US, talking about how people should boycott. Very easy to say when yuh up in the cold. Don’t be surprised if people don’t take yuh on.

Just as I said JDB, it's about what the next man doing. Excuses, excuses, excuses.....I in the states so I can say anything. If that's how you all want it all well and good. When ever JW do anythingis all kind of buss upmouth talk, look at us now.....bloody.
I don't care who we playing something has to be done. Do we not have any will power?

Kind off sheep mentally behavior.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2008, 03:17:26 PM »
Just as I said JDB, it's about what the next man doing. Excuses, excuses, excuses.....I in the states so I can say anything. If that's how you all want it all well and good. When ever JW do anythingis all kind of buss upmouth talk, look at us now.....bloody.
I don't care who we playing something has to be done. Do we not have any will power?

Kind off sheep mentally behavior.

Well what I was getting at is that yuh don't want to pass judgement on the fans who choose not to boycott or go outside the stadium and stand up. Yuh certainly don't want to belittle their attendace as "being on pips" because they could justifiably ask "what you doing" to show your defience or support the players.

Yuh jumping on a plane to stand up next to them, writing letters to the papers, the playrs the TTFF.

Again, easy to say that you have willpower and  to pass judgement on others for having a sheep mentality when you don't have to do anything to exhibit it yourself.

If the locals decide to boycott or not go to the game that really is up to them. The foreign-based really not in a position to criticize if they don't.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »
D load on dat site who takin bets 2 see how long it take b4 it crash. At 12:01 on monday I goin and book meh ticket

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »
D load on dat site who takin bets 2 see how long it take b4 it crash. At 12:01 on monday I goin and book meh ticket

Make sure you print out every page of the registration process with a time stamp. Otherwise they won't find you once you go to collect your ticket.  :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2008, 04:31:34 PM »
If I was in TnT and could afford to go to the game I probably would go...I think a boycott is taking it too far, fans should not be criticized for attending the game.  I also don't know what sort of message we'll be sending 'big teams' (and by the standards of our opposition, England is as big as we've had in quite some time) if they come to Trinidad to play and then the match isn't well supported...indeed we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot as fans.

This is why I like the idea of attending and showing the silent protest instead.

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2008, 05:26:05 PM »
If I was in TnT and could afford to go to the game I probably would go...I think a boycott is taking it too far, fans should not be criticized for attending the game.  I also don't know what sort of message we'll be sending 'big teams' (and by the standards of our opposition, England is as big as we've had in quite some time) if they come to Trinidad to play and then the match isn't well supported...indeed we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot as fans.

This is why I like the idea of attending and showing the silent protest instead.

That's the exact reason a boycott would be effective, the bigger the team, the bigger the occasion, the more impact it will have on the TTFF and the media (world and local) to raise awareness that the fans just are not happy. I've been hoping for a long time that the forumites/WN would try to make a stand for the good of T&T football and footballers but seeing some of the responses here, where people are generally more educated with regards to what the TTFF and Mr. Warner does, I can't see where the support will come from.

If you guys are not willing to sacrifice seeing the England team play or even try to make a real effort at bringing attention to the issues that concern the fans then every time there is another blacklist, another TV rights issue or another "ticket or leave it" then all of us needs to just STFU and bend over.

To all the guys who said that they would not join in any kind of action because trini people does only talk and never do nothing, well then i guess that by just making that statement you just made it true. Why not try to make an effort at changing the mentality rather than encouraging it.

I for one will not be attending the game unless there is some sort of effort at expressing our displeasure about what the TTFF stands for, so if we are wearing black (even in de damn hot sun) i'll be there and make sure everyone I know is sweating in de black also. The goal should be to educate people about the problem and even if participation is small this time, at least some more people may come to understand what the protest is about

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
I just saw the press conference on CNC3

T&T will be wearing WHITE! and England their Red shirts

1000 tickets available in the VIP cat  ($1200)
about 22,000 total ($300, $600 covered)

Purchase on-line or by phone from May 5
Max you can purchase per category is 5 tickets. So you could supposedly get 15 total, 5 in each category.

Marketing Tagline: A Score To Settle

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:51:05 PM by E-man »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2008, 05:30:30 PM »
jack say we wearing white for the game, so he tell the crowd to wear white, black go fit in nice now, stueps facking lottery to get tickets look thing
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:33:08 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ticketing information for the T&T vs England June 1.
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »
Ticketing information for the T&T vs England June 1.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The following is a detailed outline of the sales of tickets for the June 1 Centennial Clash between Trinidad and Tobago and England at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, revealed at a media conference hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at the Regency Ballroom, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Port of Spain on Tuesday April 29, 2008.

Revealing the details was Special Advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Jack Warner with Geoffrey Wharton Lake also explaining the process for the ordering and collection of tickets for the encounter.

Key Points

* Tickets will be priced at $1200 TTD Special reserved (includes parking, reserved seating, refreshments, and centennial memorabilia), $600 TTD Covered stands, and $300 TTD Uncovered stands. These charges apply to adults, children & differently abled persons.

* There are 1,000 special reserved tickets 4,150 covered stands and 18,040 uncovered stands seat allotments. Total tickets amounts to 23,190.

* 750 tickets (uncovered stands) for the English “away” fans shall also be collected on May 01, 2008 and shipped to the English FA prior to the deadline date of May 10, 2008.

Distribution of tickets Ticketing.

We have put in place one of the easiest and most efficient means possible of acquiring tickets for the match. It is a system that is used universally with great success and will alleviate the past challenges we have faced.

And it could not have come at a better time. Given the heightened interest in this historic match, we anticipate a huge response to the event. The official launch of the new ticketing arrangement will be made available to the public on May 5th 2008. This was the date carded for the sale of tickets and it is the date which will be used for introduction of the new system for making tickets available to the public.

The ticketing system is as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. A fan desirous of purchasing a ticket will be required to go on-line to the official T.T.F.F. website www.ttffonline.com or by calling a prescribed number 800-FANS.

2. The fan will be given a confirmation code which will direct him or her to the next steps for collection of the ticket.

3. The fan arrives at the assigned Ticket Redemption point to pay and receive his or her ticket or tickets based upon a confirmation code and identification.

Tickets are priced as follows:-

$1,200.00 TTD (Covered) Special Reserve. Includes parking in the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Reserved Seating, Memorabilia.

$600.00 TTD (Covered Stands.)

$300.00 TTD (Uncovered Stands.)

Four thousand six hundred tickets have been requested by the English Football Association for traveling fans. And this request is currently being considered by the T.T.F.F. Warner did add though that those numbers may be cut to between 700-1000 to allow more locals the chance to obtain tickets.

Timeline of ticketing system:

* May 1,2008 - Press and Radio ads commences

* May 5, 2008 - Commencement of online ticket reservations and telephone bookings

* May 15, 2008 - Last day of online ticket reservations and telephone bookings

* May 17-18,2008 - Collation of successful ticket applicants and their respective ticket allotments for the match

* May 18, 2008 - Ticket packages are to be collected by successful ticket applicants at the Hasley Crawford Stadium from 9am-4pm. Online ticket applicants that were successful can get their tickets prior to May 18, 2008 as long as their credit card payment is processed prior to May 18, 2008

* May 19-20, 2008 - Uncollected tickets from May 18, 2008 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium by successful ticket applicants will be collated for re-sale.
Special adviser rationalises England friendly prices.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

Warner: People will pay

Jack Warner, the special adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF), reckons that people will pay the relatively steep prices to see what has been branded a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the England national football team play Trinidad and Tobago from 5.30 p.m. on June 1 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The cheapest ticket for the match is valued at $300 for uncovered stand patrons, while covered stand patrons will pay $600, and an additional one thousand special reserved tickets will be sold at the maximum $1,200 price.

A total of 23,190 local tickets and an additional 750 for English fans are available for the match. One thousand local tickets are special reserved; 4,150 are for covered stand fans and 18,040 will goes to those in the uncovered section of the stadium.

Local fans can access tickets first on the TTFF website (www.ttffonline.com) or by calling 800-fans. Warner said that the price structure was formulated after careful study.

"We have made a careful study of two things," Warner said. "First of all, the price that people pay for other events which have less importance...and the ease with which they pay for these events. And the price for football in the Caribbean, particularly in Jamaica."

The FIFA vice-president claimed that in Jamaica, the cost of entrance to a match of this standard is twice what the people of T&T are being asked to pay.

Warner added that the England match was a special occasion for the Federation because very few organisations can boast of being in existence for 100 years.

"We looked at the reason, the occasion...a centennial match against England and the budget of TT15 millions dollars. And we felt that anybody who has the means to help to make this a reality should do so. And that was how the prices were arrived at," Warner said.

Meanwhile, Warner revealed that the English Football Association have requested just over 4,000 tickets for travelling fans, but instead the English have been given just 750 uncovered stand tickets.

Tickets for English fans will be collected on May 1 and shipped to the English FA. Warner also revealed that the English fans have gotten a small discount.

"I think it is $50 less," Warner revealed. "Because they pay airfare to come here and they pay for their hotel. So, we gave them an incentive to come here."

In addition to travelling fans, Warner revealed that approximately 200 British journalists will descend on the country for the match. Dave Lamy, liaison officer for the foreign media said few events have ever seen such an invasion of journalists.

"Trinidad and Tobago is a World Cup national now," Lamy said. "And a lot of people are interested in this match," which he said will be broadcast live to England and throughout Europe.

The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) have acquired the rights for the match and will be taking charge of the production. They have already made plans to have between 15 -20 cameras covering the event.

Lamy said the game will be covered from all angles, making it an unprecedented feat in T&T.

As a result of the media invasion Warner said , the T&TFF will be hosting the mother of all media functions to give the English a taste of local culture.

Warner also explained the reason why the Soca Warriors were conceding their traditional red strip to the English.

"One of the ground rules was to have a playing facility that was first class," Warner said.

"Another was that they would play in red and we would play in an alternative colour, so, we chose white," he said.
$15 million for Soca Warriors vs England.
By: Nicolas Clarke (Guardian).

The T&T Football Federation will spend a total of T&T $15 million on the international friendly between T&T and England which takes place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on June 1. This was announced at a press conference for the match, entitled A Score to Settle, at the Hyatt Hotel on Wrightson Road yesterday. In attendance were Special Advisor to the T&TFF, Jack Warner, President of the TTFF, Oliver Camps and Vice-president of the T&TFF Lennox Watson.

Warner insisted that the sum was a fitting one for a centennial celebration and said that the T&TFF had no regrets about the cost. The monies will cover all expenses associated for the event.

It was also disclosed that tickets would go on sale online for $300 (Uncovered Stands), $600 (Covered Stands) and $1200 (Special Reserved) beginning on May 5 (see box). There are 18,040 uncovered stands, 4,150 covered stands and 1000 special reserve seat allotments. 750 tickets for the uncovered stands have been reserved for English “away” fans.

Surprisingly, it was announced that T&T would take the field in white uniforms since negotiations had specified that England would play in red. As a result, fans are being asked to don white apparel.

Warner encouraged Corporate T&T to get on board in supporting the event, advising that there would be three sponsorship packages available (Platinum, Gold and Silver).

He also promised that the pre-match cultural show, to be produced by Band of the Year 2008 winner Brian Mc Farlane, would be beamed throughout the world as “the mother of all cultural shows.”

The English team will arrive in T&T via private jet on May 29 following their match against the United States at Wembley Stadium, London the day before. On May 30 they will take part in a training session open to school children and the media at the Hasely Crawford Stadium beginning at 9 am.

Later that day at 6 pm, a coaching clinic conducted by coach Fabio Capello and two England players will take place at the Marvin Lee Stadium. The clinic will feature 60-70 selected young local players and will be open to the public.

That night, a media reception featuring approximately 200 invited BBC journalists will take place in Movie Towne.

On May 31, a media conference will be hosted at the Hyatt Hotel featuring coach Fabio Capello and captain John Terry followed by a dinner for the two teams which will be hosted at the President’s home in St Ann’s.

Ticket System

May 5—Commencement of online ticket reservations (www.ttffonline.com) and telephone bookings (800-FANS (3267)). Limit of five tickets per person.

May 15—Reservations and Bookings close

May 17-18—Collation of successful ticket applicants and their respective ticket allotments for the match

May 18—Ticket packages to be collected at Hasely Crawford Stadium from 9am - 4pm. Online applicants that paid with credit card can get their tickets prior to May 18.

May 19-20—Uncollected tickets will be collated for resale.
Pricey England tickets under fire.
T&T Newsday Reports.

The Trinidad and Tobago public reacted with surprise at the high cost of tickets for the upcoming friendly football international between Trinidad and Tobago and England.

Several former top footballers were among those who felt that the tickets for the 26,000 plus seats in the Hasely Crawford Stadium at Mucurapo were overpriced for the June 1 match.

The match between 2006 World Cup team Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors and England is organised by the TT Football Federation to celebrate their 100th anniversary. But fans will have to fork out hefty sums for tickets.

Jack Warner, Special Advisor to the TTFF announced on Tuesday that All Inclusive tickets will cost $1,200; with $600 for the Covered Stands; and $300 for the terraces.

Football enthusiast Tansley Thompson, a professional boxing promoter and manager was among those adding his voice to the chorus describing the prices of the tickets as “ridiculous”.

Yesterday Haynes, a former national captain and prolific striker criticised the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) for charging a price that he considers outside of the range of the average local football fan.

“It is the poor man who would normally be the ones to attend and support the sport,” Haynes said.“By charging that amount of money you are asking people not to attend the game.”

He called on the TTFF to put out their own money if they want to celebrate their 100th anniversary by staging the match expected to cost in excess of $15 million.

Haynes also slammed the football federation for what he described as “indiscriminate pricing”, saying they are hiking up their cost at a time when already food prices are out of the reach of some sectors of the population.

And in giving a breakdown of the price for which tickets should be offered Haynes said, “For the most, the game should be $600 or $700 for VIP and broken down for Covered and Uncovered Stands.

Thompson told Newsday that the prices being charged are discouraging to young budding footballers who may want to see their heroes in action.

“To attend a match with such a price you should be getting dinner, lunch and punch,” Thompson said disappointingly.

He expressed the view that he was willing to attend the game and pay for about three young men, but said with the prices, it seems now that not even him would be able to attend.

Thompson questioned how could one attend a football game with such prices comparing it to the spiralling food prices which has reached crisis proportion.

Meanwhile Brian Williams, a former national defender in the Strike Squad of 1989 said he does not know about the prices charged for top international games such as this one, but feels that the amount being asked to attend may be too high for the average football fan.
Paying the piper.
By: Fazeer Mohammed (Express).
[/size]

I know many of us are upset about the price, but is the anger really directed at the man who is justifying it?

There is no question that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) suffers from a serious credibility problem, much of it having to do with the domineering presence of the Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West. Still, you have to give Jack his jacket for, as he implied on Tuesday, if people rush to pay a whole heap of money for coonoomoonoo events, there should be no problem filling up the Hasely Crawford Stadium on June 1 for the first-ever full international played by England in this country.

Whatever opinions we may have about Jack Warner as a football official and a politician, the inescapable reality is that it is only because of the considerable status and influence of the FIFA vice-president that the English are coming here, ostensibly to mark the centenary of the TTFF, but really to keep currying favour with a man who, as the undisputed head of CONCACAF, holds 35 votes in the palm of his hand, votes that the English authorities are desperate will go their way in determining the hosts of the 2018 World Cup finals.

Whatever our indifference to the apparent status of the England national team as a superpower in the game, you cannot avoid the almost magnetic attraction we seem to have towards their football. It is partially a legacy of colonialism, an almost automatic recognition that anything they do must be just about the best and therefore worthy of admiration and emulation. But it is also about exposure (most of us grew up watching English football on TV every weekend and know more about Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool than the Pro League teams right here) and effective global marketing to the extent that a top-of-the-table clash in the English Premier League can attract a television audience equivalent to almost one-sixth of the entire population of the planet.

So we're talking top drawer here in terms of the global marketplace. And top drawer means top dollar, so it isn't even a calculated risk to establish prices which are considerably higher than what would have normally applied, even for a critical World Cup qualifier just over two years ago.

Apart from the fact that a lot of people don't like Jack for whatever reason and remain suspicious of the accountability of the TTFF (how many times have we heard of the Federation incurring losses despite a ram-crammed stadium?), one of the other criticisms about ticket prices ranging from $300 to $1,200 is that the poor man, who might actually be the most loyal supporter of Trinidad and Tobago football, is priced out of the historic experience.

Well, and I know this may sound extremely harsh, that's just the way it is. Remember, this is not a gift to the nation but in many respects a business transaction, and people don't go into business to lose the shirts off their backs. So often we talk about sport not just being about Sunday morning recreation and healthy activity, but hard-nosed professionalism that requires a businesslike attitude if it is to survive and prosper in the modern environment.

This fixture between Trinidad and Tobago and England is a case in point, and the business people associated with the exercise are not in it purely for the love of the game or the generosity of their hearts, but for the profits to be made from it. They would have factored in already the negative publicity about the ticket prices, the occasional cussing they might get personally from some irate fan, and have calculated the value of the game based on what they perceive to be the appetite of the public to pay for it.

As for the true, true supporters complaining that they will be left outside, this situation is really no different from playing mas. The same grassroots people who grumble and get on about bandleaders digging out their eyes every year, yet somehow find the money because Carniva l just cannot pass them by, will also put together the three blue notes one way or the other, if they value what some may consider to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience to the extent that they are prepared to make sacrifices in other areas so as not to miss out.

It's the same as with food prices. If it's ridiculously expensive and not really essential, just don't buy it. If you do, even grudgingly, you are essentially validating the market price because there is enough of a demand to keep it at that level.

Would I pay $300 to be at the game on June 1? No, but then again I'm not only cheap and stingy, but don't value seeing the England national football team in action to that extent (not to mention that it will also be the third day of the second cricket Test between the West Indies and Australia in Antigua).

However, my older daughter, who should be focusing on the first stage of her CAPE exams right now, is already harassing my soul about getting a ticket for her.

If she somehow manages to extricate the money despite the scorpions guarding my wallet, then Jack and the others associated with this financial beanstalk of a football game will be vindicated. Time will tell.

Anyone out there knows where I can get scorpion vitamins?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 05:30:11 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »

That's the exact reason a boycott would be effective, the bigger the team, the bigger the occasion, the more impact it will have on the TTFF and the media (world and local) to raise awareness that the fans just are not happy. I've been hoping for a long time that the forumites/WN would try to make a stand for the good of T&T football and footballers but seeing some of the responses here, where people are generally more educated with regards to what the TTFF and Mr. Warner does, I can't see where the support will come from.

If you guys are not willing to sacrifice seeing the England team play or even try to make a real effort at bringing attention to the issues that concern the fans then every time there is another blacklist, another TV rights issue or another "ticket or leave it" then all of us needs to just STFU and bend over.

To all the guys who said that they would not join in any kind of action because trini people does only talk and never do nothing, well then i guess that by just making that statement you just made it true. Why not try to make an effort at changing the mentality rather than encouraging it.

I for one will not be attending the game unless there is some sort of effort at expressing our displeasure about what the TTFF stands for, so if we are wearing black (even in de damn hot sun) i'll be there and make sure everyone I know is sweating in de black also. The goal should be to educate people about the problem and even if participation is small this time, at least some more people may come to understand what the protest is about

Gothic whatever method folks choose to voice their displeasure is okay by me personally, as long as it is unified and organized.  I just think it harder to tell a man/woman "come show up in Mucurapo leh we organize ah protest" than to say..."come leh we go to the game and show a sign of solidarity against everything the TTFF doing.  If there is enough interest it can be done since people can purchase their tix thru the WN, therefore everyone can sit together in their black tees...people sure to say "who dem people siddung dey in black?...Why black, somebody dead?"

If anything it may put WN in a tenous situation with the TTFF, since ideally WN should be neutral in this and we don't want to give the TTFF any excuse for blacklisting WN from getting tix.  But I'll leave that up to the WN leadership to decide.

Bottom line is that there are many ways to skin the cat...boycott isn't the only way, and doing nothing sure as hell isn't.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Ticketing information for the Trinidad and Tobago vs England June 1
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2008, 05:39:56 PM »
nobody ent saying nutten about de prices.

i actually find these are fair prices for the tickets.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »
Great Thinking .... Hope everything works out well

A step forward...

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »
I just saw the press conference on CNC3

T&T will be wearing WHITE! and England their Red shirts

1000 tickets available in the VIP cat  ($1200)
about 22,000 total ($300, $600 covered)

Purchase on-line or by phone from May 5
Max you can purchase per category is 5 tickets. So you could supposedly get 15 total, 5 in each category.

Marketing Tagline: A Score To Settle

hmmmm, why the switch ent our home colour is RED, why England cya play in dey home colours too which is White...not making sense to me... ??? Maybe that was in the arrangements....

PS: I support the wear black at the game, but everyone who wears black should sit together. The ideal would have been a total boycott, but we all know realistically speaking it won't happen in TnT.

Big Up!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:45:56 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »
ok so what about those like myself that would be purchasing it online before coming home but won't be back till after May 18th?
I assume once it paid for I can get someone to pick it up for me with my confirmation code etc?
Back in Trini...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
ok so what about those like myself that would be purchasing it online before coming home but won't be back till after May 18th?
I assume once it paid for I can get someone to pick it up for me with my confirmation code etc?

Jack re$elling yours  :devil: Good luck. Make sure your credit card has a good international fraud policy. What's in your wallet?  :devil:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2008, 05:51:23 PM »
By the Way

Due to request from the FA ... England will play in Red(promoting their new away kit) while we will play in White

Jack urged the Public to wear White...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2008, 06:03:05 PM »
By the Way

Due to request from the FA ... England will play in Red(promoting their new away kit) while we will play in White

Jack urged the Public to wear White...

I wearing black!!!

....and de English FA damn farse...is we "celebration" dem dictating to we what dem want to wear....why de eh bully de US??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2008, 06:31:40 PM »
    Why only one day (May 18th.) in which to collect tickets!? That is so lame. The pandomonium and uproar that occured to get the previous T&T tix when they were qualifying for the 2006 WC will restart all over again as thousands of patrons will be fighting with their code at the HC stadium on that day. At least have it for 2 days self oh shits man! One day is the same bacchannal for tix all over again.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2008, 07:08:30 PM »
uncovered thank you very much.

wuh i payin an extra 300 dollars to go under a stand that doh really actually cover yuh.

and an extra 900 for memorabilia and parkin!?

reserved seatin?

first off i doh trust men reservin my seat, secondly i got plenty memorabilia durin the world cup, unless dey givin me de national team uniform, de red on red wit long sleeves dey used in germany den i eh interested.

if ah need flag or rag tuh wave ah go buy it from de vendors outside for ah single digits... radder give dem money than scamps or by ultimate extension warner.

and parkin... stewps... please i goin tuh take ein ah late lunch by movie towne before dat, alittle skip across the highway gets the blood pumpin before ah match.

all dese moments are my memorabilia.

tuh hell wit them special package tickets.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 07:15:58 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2008, 07:08:39 PM »
    Why only one day (May 18th.) in which to collect tickets!? That is so lame. The pandomonium and uproar that occured to get the previous T&T tix when they were qualifying for the 2006 WC will restart all over again as thousands of patrons will be fighting with their code at the HC stadium on that day. At least have it for 2 days self oh shits man! One day is the same bacchannal for tix all over again.

J.

It says you can pick them up earlier as long as you're paid up.
Online ticket applicants that were successful can get their tickets prior to May 18, 2008 as long as their credit card payment is processed prior to May 18, 2008

1]; } ?>