April 27, 2024, 09:41:37 PM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 288724 times)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mods allyuh overdoing de merging now man
« Reply #2310 on: June 02, 2008, 07:53:51 AM »

Perhaps due to the interest and size of the game, there could have been a sub-board like the 'Destination Germany' or 'WN Logo Competition' one.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Mods allyuh overdoing de merging now man
« Reply #2311 on: June 02, 2008, 07:56:27 AM »
look mods bring it back, i doh care how, if yuh have to mash up the sever to get it  :devil:  :D

but on a serious note, the pics should have been kept in one thread eh
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #2312 on: June 02, 2008, 07:58:16 AM »
and the next thing is, what happen to the uniform that selling, that shit i see them had on yesterday was not the uniform on sale

With all these versions of the kit between 2005 and now, you would think Adidas or the TTFF or SOMEBODY could remove the damn Iraqi flag... :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: June 02, 2008, 08:01:22 AM »
oh gaaad Omar thread get merge quick boy  :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2314 on: June 02, 2008, 08:02:08 AM »
I was looking out for it, but hoping I was wrong. But I told my flatmate that they will attack Kenwyne or whoever they think pose a threat, de english does play dutty. Dat is how they do it in the EPL. She laugh, thinking I'm going over board.

Yet in the first 8 mins of the game, Stern get ramsack twice, one resulting in penalty given to us, and Kenwyne get completely mash up. Coincidence? You tell me.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: June 02, 2008, 08:04:58 AM »
I have come to realize that our football is all hype leading up to the games and have resigned myself to the fact that all we watch and will continue to be watching is mid-level football.  Can someone really tell me why de f**k Dwight played, considering we have a qualifier two weeks away?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: June 02, 2008, 08:05:05 AM »
Yeah thats right...

anything you dont want nobody to see you just have to HIDE IT in here..

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the T&T Team
« Reply #2317 on: June 02, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »
Again I'll say it here,although our defence look like they're the problem and could have done better our real problem is the midfield who make our defence look bad.Is anyone being aggressive in our midfield tackling, running back and helping the defence,making sure their midfielders doh have all that room.........NO.
Four of the 5 defenders used yesterday did'nt have that bad a game.   

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: June 02, 2008, 08:10:17 AM »
PS.

The Coach sucks.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: June 02, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »
PS.

The Coach sucks.

:whistling: wim is laughing
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
Just back from watching the game in jersey, and i have to say the boys played fairly decent, and for all who disagree, well.... that's your prerogative.

i for one enjoyed the game , and to add to that , the youths played with poise controll and confidence, unlike the U.S. game we were not dominated and enjoyed a lion share of the possession. 

i was actually bored in the 2nd half BC i thought england would've turned up the heat, but we kept them subdued for most of the game .
the only difference was that england took advantage of their opportunities and we didn't.

Kern cupid was the exception and i believe with time he will grow into a splendid player. TBH i think those youths played better than the foreign based, Lawrence was caught napping on the 2nd and 3rd goal, hislop had ah monster game , so did telesford , Kareem smith, ancil farrier, keon Daniels, autis whitley.

stern wasn't all that impressive , ince was a total mess, Edwards looked lost at some periods of the game,  Roberts was non existant, so i believe we should give the youths ah chance since this was there first game together with the foreign based.

come on folks .... it's not like we played Canada or finland, it's ENGLAND PPL!!!!

to me they played better attacking football under maturana than that shyte ultra defence we played in Nuremberg under beenhakker!!!

give the youths ah fackin chance!!! they are good enough!!!!! YES they're just as good as the foreign based. all they need is time and more games like this, Win lose or draw. 

allyuh really feel we coulda beat england with this being our first game as a mixed A team . stuueepppss allyuh wake up and smell the coffee nah, allyuh so busy being ashamed of what others might say( 2099 & reggeafan) that it cloud allyuh vision of what was really accomplished today.

STEUPPPPPSSS We kept them what! Man England drop 3 on we and took they foot off the gas and went into a passing and possesion mode, we CHASED SHADOWS MOST OF THE SECOND HALF. IF ANYTHING WE DID NOT GET EMBARRASED FURTHER HAD THEY DECIDED TO KEEP UP THE TEMPO. It was pointless bringing Dwight on when we already down by 3, as for Forbes he  did nothing!!!!

I said this the other day this squad is no where near as prepared as Beenhaker's squad. Scotland, AVERY , CYD GRAY and BIRCHALL were needed

To me in the 2nd half  England was just laying off our players and waiting for us to give them the ball....
Right through they were getting numbers behind the ball in their half and allowing us to pass the ball to each other with no real threat, and when we made the mistake, they were counter attacking at pace.
---------------
As some one put it before, we were missing a leader out on the field. In the d 1st half beckham was dictating things....I see the man get a ball just outside their own 18yd box and then make a pass through the midfield and then the play went up the left wing and when it was crossed to the right wing corner beckham done reach up to recieve it and knock it back for another player to cross it back in. They had  their plays organised and know what to do to complete a play.

When we got the ball.....it was just passed around in the middle and defense until we gave it back to them. So where were the planned runs and plays for us...or were we making it up or looking for ideas as we went along?

The few times a couple  of our players showed some individual skill and really took on the English, it resulted in at least a shot or us reaching in their 18yd box. I dunno, maybe our players discounted their own talents and were intimidated or afraid to play/ tackle...then again....they were probably ordered not to tackle ?

and whats up with Ince real spilling the ball? .....but at least he chest trap a crouch header on goal and give the crowd something to cheer about.... :rotfl: 

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2321 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:31 AM »
Again I'll say it here,although our defence look like they're the problem and could have done better our real problem is the midfield who make our defence look bad.Is anyone being aggressive in our midfield tackling, running back and helping the defence,making sure their midfielders doh have all that room.........NO.
Four of the 5 defenders used yesterday did'nt have that bad a game.   
It have men here still bad talking Beenie for being "too defensive-minded." So they getting the kinda football they want, I guess.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »
didnt i tell alyuh some ah dem old retired men will come back  lol . alyuh blast me now look alyuh wah dem back ince get some shit goal , jan should be on da squad he and marvin ince yuh woulda get 5 in d world cup ..
bajanscout

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: June 02, 2008, 08:27:06 AM »
I dont know if it was asked in the last 75 pages..

But any word on how Connell sneak a sweat when he wasn't even listed in the 18 or on the subs bench?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: June 02, 2008, 08:30:36 AM »
I dont know if it was asked in the last 75 pages..

But any word on how Connell sneak a sweat when he wasn't even listed in the 18 or on the subs bench?

dread i was thinking the same thing i thought he was not on the team
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: What happen to everybody wearin' black??
« Reply #2325 on: June 02, 2008, 08:34:36 AM »
Yeah it was difficult to get everybody together....I spoke to a few people and they mentioned that they did not hear about it and would have been interested in wearing the black....one guy gave me his number and told me to call him if we print more for future games....

....sitting together for future games might not be as hard as yesterday....ah eh expect dat many people against Bermuda for example....

however, I need to mull it over and would love some input into the possibility of doing it for future games and spreading the word a bit wider than just us on here....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: June 02, 2008, 08:39:43 AM »
Without the blacklist coming to an end there is little hope for 2010, which was slim already. The great thing about Beenhakker was the kind of total football he used to coach the team. Now without a strong creative mid look like the coach must emphasize  cohesion and stressing a measure of creativity or at least bravery from every member of the team. Lord I hate to say it but if only Hardest could pull himself together for just two more years, that might be add a spark to the team.

Maturana "experiments" lasting a little too long in my books. Is time to chook in Connell and Samuel on the wing and let them fight it out and see what Keon Daniel or somebody else have in the middle of the field. Time to get Sealy and Scotland in the mix. Time to see if Theobald can offer something. What about Andrei Pacheco?

Time to call Brent Sanch back into this squad so he and Lawrence can mentor the younger players like Cupid and Hislop.

Maturana have to begin trying more players in place of some favourites who really not living up to hype.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: June 02, 2008, 08:40:30 AM »

STEUPPPPPSSS We kept them what! Man England drop 3 on we and took they foot off the gas and went into a passing and possesion mode, we CHASED SHADOWS MOST OF THE SECOND HALF. IF ANYTHING WE DID NOT GET EMBARRASED FURTHER HAD THEY DECIDED TO KEEP UP THE TEMPO. It was pointless bringing Dwight on when we already down by 3, as for Forbes he  did nothing!!!!

I said this the other day this squad is no where near as prepared as Beenhaker's squad. Scotland, AVERY , CYD GRAY and BIRCHALL were needed

You self... doh get carried away nuh, where were de Soca Warriors at the start of qualifying in 2004?  It's kinda silly to try and compare this squad to the Germany squad.

I will give you that, my last statement may have been out of whack, but please don't tell me we kept England at bay.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: June 02, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »
dem wear white for birchall alone to come back d only white list player we hav enough black players on we list so y wear blk :rotfl: :beermug:
bajanscout

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: June 02, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »
....I spoke to a few people and they mentioned that they did not hear about it and would have been interested in wearing the black....one guy gave me his number and told me to call him if we print more for future games....

Doh let him fool you...he just want you to call him in general  :devil:

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: June 02, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »
On another note, both Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer (the BBC football pundits) both wore solid black shirts in the studio, apparently they got the memo

Well you know Shearer is m'boy longtime so u must expect him to back me  ;D ! I mean, when all of allyuh used to say he was shite I stand by him til the end, so is the least i expect in return.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: June 02, 2008, 08:59:59 AM »
My thoughts... we played an very inexperience team.. most of those new guys are still in a spell, they were playing the biggest game of their life. All the England player play in EPL, we actually had jut 1 1/2 EPL players on the pitch yesterday. Have faith, the boys would come around by the time we play the USA.

Last tme out, we didnt look too good when we play Haiti in the friendly before playing the USA, with a few more friendly with some ok team Venezuela, Colombia, Peru etc), the guys would get there.. 
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: June 02, 2008, 09:01:27 AM »
PS.

The Coach sucks.

:whistling: wim is laughing

Weh... like tha one is serious truth deh boi. No tactical advancement towards goal. No plans were really put into play or were effective. ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: June 02, 2008, 09:04:53 AM »
LOL Are you serious?  Is Trinidad dread...if was Columbia or one ah them mad country they would have worn black shirts. Small thing. :)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: June 02, 2008, 09:05:07 AM »
bring back bertille if we paying all da money for a foreighn and d team playing like when bertille was in charge well we might as well bring back bertille wim dam sure aint coming back or invest in a better coach...
bajanscout

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: June 02, 2008, 09:05:43 AM »
Abot 12 of us wore black as discussed.

That is ah serious disappointment........ :-[

Man i eh go lie, i put on d black, came to the stadium and immediately had to take it off... People underestimate sitting in a Hot, humid stadium for 7 hours trying to manage a big ass flag and people not co-operating at all.

Pressah!!!

Boy, men was moving stingy with the flag...it only reach the first few rows and stick.....no one wanted to pass it down to we in the middle of the stand. twice it come out and twice it stick 2 rows before we.

I wonder if the glasses man allyuh tlaking bout is the same fella who didnt want to pass the flag down.......i think i might have a pic with him holding the flag yes...i go look and see
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: June 02, 2008, 09:06:06 AM »
Yeah it was difficult to get everybody together....I spoke to a few people and they mentioned that they did not hear about it and would have been interested in wearing the black....one guy gave me his number and told me to call him if we print more for future games....

....sitting together for future games might not be as hard as yesterday....ah eh expect dat many people against Bermuda for example....

however, I need to mull it over and would love some input into the possibility of doing it for future games and spreading the word a bit wider than just us on here....
Facebook may be a good tool to help spread the word..............start a group...........emails to the media....maybe 1 of them might grab the story and run with it

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: June 02, 2008, 09:12:54 AM »
A group was started....and while mention was made on Andre's show on Thursday night and again on Synergy on Saturday, it wasn't really that widespread in the media...

A group saw Sancho with it and wanted 50 - 100 on Friday night/Saturday but that was too late..

Anyway I'm wearing mine till the boys get their money and/or the ones that could still make the team are given a chance again...Birchall, Sancho, Cyd, Glenn...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: June 02, 2008, 09:15:02 AM »
could u post d group link please

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: June 02, 2008, 09:15:17 AM »

you watch another game boss

Hmm...must have been the angle at which I sat.
Then again, he never impressed me in any of the other games either and he keeps getting rated so I guess I probably looking at the wrong things.

The spanner was nice tho, but Gerrard show him very quickly why we doh see beat sharing so in the EPL. Imagine getting lash on your ankle so every spanner u share, whether is training or game. U bound to do it less and less each month...

1]; } ?>