April 27, 2024, 10:42:17 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 288585 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the T&T Team
« Reply #2340 on: June 02, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »
Seon Power, your country needs you!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: Well look who man bawling for now eh. It come to dat now Dry So?  :devil:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: June 02, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »
Spidey

Yuh talk sense dey...he give away plenty ball.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2342 on: June 02, 2008, 09:31:40 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: Well look who man bawling for now eh. It come to dat now Dry So?  :devil:
Is like a man drowning, clutching for de cellophane dat float by.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What happen to everybody wearin' black??
« Reply #2343 on: June 02, 2008, 09:32:45 AM »
D black ting go b effective 4 bermuda when d football fans not d limers and posers in HC. So we need 2 let Synergy, I95 know we still in d black buziness.

It take 100 yrs b4 anybody could a win d JWFF and it was 98 yrs b4 d players had d balls 2 do someting so doh expect d black 2 take off d handful ah oui go b d spark it only takes a spark 2 get d fire burnin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: June 02, 2008, 09:35:38 AM »
Well I was there in Black

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: June 02, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
I was in black, but i sat with the Lav Rythm Sec by the clock

Was realy nice, as for about 45 mins after the game, that section was still filled as everyone, even the many English fans were dancing to  the sounds :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: June 02, 2008, 09:53:22 AM »
Question: ah saw some men, bout 4 or 5 wid black jerseys wid 'I support all soca warriors' in d front and 'red, white and blacklist' in d back. dat is u west coast? or forumites in general?

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: June 02, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »
As I viewd the game with other trini men in foreign it was clear to me that our lack of anticpation on defense and in attack led to the majority of the troubles we were having during the game. The combination of our lack of our defensive antipation and their quality movement off the ball resulted in the english players often receiving balls under no ppressure. All three goals had English first attackers finishing with defenders in the vincinity watching or getting there a few seconds too late.

England didn't do us the same favor so we were often under pressure due to their defensve anticipation. So as our players were in the process of recieving the ball their was always an english player on him.

We struggled to maintain possession under these circumtances becusae we were clearly having problems with the pressure they were putting us under. Our lack of offensive antipation contributed to the player on the ball not having real effective options to move the ball forward.
As the game went along and they softened their presure on the ball we were able to move the ball a bit better.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #2348 on: June 02, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »

This blacklist thing.
 What would the team look like if there was no Blacklist ?
Yorke retired
Latas retired
Dog injured and need knee surgery, should not risk it on a nonpaying job.Age is a factor
Cyd Gray playing in India (broken ankle) Aghe is a factor
Bleeder is a man marker as invented by Beenie.
Avery , I don't know what's up with him.
Cornell Glen continuously injured.
Birchall . based on the season he had would you pick him?
Shaka retired.
Jack suffer this season.
Sancho maybe he is being unfairly treated..

Stern, KJ, Edwards, Whitley, Ince, Lawrence play forget the cameo by (Yorke)

Even without the blacklist would the team really have looked too different

Steupppps ...  that shit eh deserve ah response ,go back and do yuh facking home work and den bump yuh gums,right now yuh just blowing wind thru yuh ass.

Maybe you just can't put a coherent response together because yuh head so far up yuh constipated backside.

At least is my 'head' and my 'backside', buh wuz your excuse for yours being permenantly buried deep inside jackass warner own...you prove you is nuttin but ah jackass warner bamcee licker...yuh big facking dunce.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #2349 on: June 02, 2008, 10:02:49 AM »

This blacklist thing.
 What would the team look like if there was no Blacklist ?
Yorke retired
Latas retired
Dog injured and need knee surgery, should not risk it on a nonpaying job.Age is a factor
Cyd Gray playing in India (broken ankle) Aghe is a factor
Bleeder is a man marker as invented by Beenie.
Avery , I don't know what's up with him.
Cornell Glen continuously injured.
Birchall . based on the season he had would you pick him?
Shaka retired.
Jack suffer this season.
Sancho maybe he is being unfairly treated..

Stern, KJ, Edwards, Whitley, Ince, Lawrence play forget the cameo by (Yorke)

Even without the blacklist would the team really have looked too different

Except that they would have been playing together for the last two years and we would have some cohesion. Don't discount the longeraching effects of the blacklist

Well said JDB  :applause: but doh expect any wahbeen type ah fish tuh understand this,becuz  he whole brain residing inside jackass warner kakahole.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: June 02, 2008, 10:10:17 AM »
As I viewd the game with other trini men in foreign it was clear to me that our lack of anticpation on defense and in attack led to the majority of the troubles we were having during the game.

I understand what u saying there but that is one thing I cannot blame the team for. It was not their lack of anticipation but the speed of thought of the english and the off the ball movement.That is what separates us from true professionals.

This is what Beenie was referring to when he kept saying that "the pace of the pro league is too slow and he can't pick players from there". You explain it better by using the word anticipation. they were not prepared for the off the ball movement and switching thought from attack to defense at a moment's notice. I think Mourinho say somewhere that it takes 1 point something secs to turn a successful defence into an attack and that is the key to victory.

That is what Beenie meant regarding the locals, speed of thought, not physical speed.

But the youths not going to learn that without this exposure, so that is why I not blaming the team for that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 10:13:33 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: June 02, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
JDB u from San Juan so I know u iz a smart fella. Everbody after WC was sayin dat Yorke etal go stick around 4 a 2 yrs 2 gel wit d new fellas so it go have a smooth transition from old 2 new. After Germany d only peeps who was gone was Latas, Shaka and Wise because it was not wise he was in Germany on oui dime in d 1st place.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: June 02, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
anyone have the game for download

You does use torrent programs?

Here

or

Here

if we had play good i might of consider download it eh, but nah boy  :(

For me...even doh i was there....i does still watch it over to see the tactical aspect of it. I actually trying to figure out what the plan was for that game.

It had a plan  ??? lol
Yeah, how you mean?
To get the WC in 2018....

arm you mean the TnT plan?
It was to go out there and show England what we players could do.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: June 02, 2008, 10:38:17 AM »
anyone have the game for download

You does use torrent programs?

Here

or

Here

if we had play good i might of consider download it eh, but nah boy  :(

yuh know.  Thats like recording and watching a relatives' death    :-[

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: June 02, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »
Seon Power tings cyah b sooooooooooo badddddddd but den again Cupid on d side

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: June 02, 2008, 10:44:11 AM »
That is pure stupidness.  You protesting and wearing black, after you done buy ticket and money going into TTFF and Jack Warner pocket?   :rotfl:  I will understand if you wear black and protest in front of the stadium instead

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: June 02, 2008, 10:45:01 AM »
JW had on the players top under a plaid type jacket..lol.

Power and wealth really can't buy class or taste fuh real!

Weh... thai ah Lizard with glasses.  :rotfl:   
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:42 AM »
Question: ah saw some men, bout 4 or 5 wid black jerseys wid 'I support all soca warriors' in d front and 'red, white and blacklist' in d back. dat is u west coast? or forumites in general?

bless!!
only in my dreams that would have been me right there in TnT
I siddong here on de canadian westcoast watchin my internet free feed
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: June 02, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »

Look like ah have tuh bring back de blacklist players if ah want tuh get tuh SA2010 and rob dem bold face like before,becuz like dese youths eh go be putting one damn cent in me or meh sons pocket   eh cutting it right now.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2359 on: June 02, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
Scalpers make low $core
By Leiselle Maraj (Newsday)

Monday, June 2 2008

Football fans, disappointed after tickets for the highly anticipated rematch between Trinidad and Tobago and England sold out in less than two days after being issued, were in their glee yesterday as scalpers were out in their numbers prior to the match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain.

Ticket holders quickly called relatives and friends upon arriving at the venue asking if they were still interested in attending the game. Scalpers were seen along Wrightson Road, near Trinidad Automobiles Ltd, and the Audrey Jeffers Highway opposite MovieTowne, selling tickets for as low as $200 for uncovered stands and $400 for covered stands.

When asked why tickets were priced lower than the original prices of $300 for uncovered and $600 for covered seats, one scalper, who refused to give his name, said his tickets were priced according to sales. “People already have their tickets so hardly anybody buying. Right now I’m just trying to get rid of what I have,” he said at about 3 pm.

Another ticket scalper, who gave his name as Selwyn, said while his tickets were selling reasonably well at two tickets for uncovered seats at $500, other scalpers already lowered their prices so he had no choice but to follow suit. “It depends on where you sell your tickets though,” he said as he opted to ply his trade on the outskirts of the crowd entering the stadium rather than in the thick of things.

Nikita Jackson was one of the many fans who made their way to the stadium hoping for some way to enter the venue. “I was so disappointed when I heard tickets were gone before I even had a chance to call my friends to ask if they were going, now I’m relieved that I got a ticket and glad I did not get through in the first place,” she said after purchasing her ticket at $250 for a seat in the uncovered stands.

Despite the scalpers, the traffic, crowds and parking were kept under control by police officers stationed in and around the stadium. Crowds began arriving when gates opened at 1pm and at about 2.30 pm, most of the free space in the vicinity of the venue was already filled with cars. Vehicles also filled the parking lot at MovieTowne. Parked vehicles, however, did not prove to be an interruption of the smooth flow of traffic around the venue.

Fans were seen congregating at the entrance leading up to the ticket collection area at the stadium, getting their flags, bandannas, hats and other paraphernalia as well as getting their faces airbrushed.

English fans, although few and far between, were not intimidated by the Soca Warriors’ support. A few even had their own limes, setting their coolers on the grassy area opposite the stadium to mix drinks and indulge in some small talk before entering the stadium.

The Green Park at the left of MovieTowne was another “English friendly” area. Tents were erected and despite the sounds of soca coming from large speakers, large national flags of England were mounted between tent poles, offering refuge in the sea of white converging on the stadium.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: June 02, 2008, 11:39:55 AM »
WELL WELL!!...All de people in here who was mad over Hyland selection not saying sh*t bout that issue anymore..Now is evident why Maturana has him in  the squad..For a player of his age that does not have much international experience he was impressive...Lawrence was not impressive same for Ince...Makes me wonder if Sancho, Jack, Gray and all of de older fellas allyuh crying bout,were to come back how would they perform with this team!!

I think we getting carried away with Hyland performance. The guy had a decent game. Take the game for instance, if that was a team not involving T&T how much of us would have really sit down and watch that garbage? We giving props generously. Don't get me wrong the first time I see Hyland was the ash Wednesday and I saw the potential that is there. However, a lot of work has to be done. So what if he spanner Gerard? Do you think if Gerard is playing for a Champion league  or Prem title he would be walking around the field (well except for this last season gone here  ;D  )?

We have to keep things in perspective and not get caught up and start congratulating mediocrity. The guys did not look good and if they are the players to take the field for qualifiers, then we have a loooooooooong way to go. Burying your head in the sand so posters here won't call you a waggonist or say you don't know football would not change the fact that we were terrible. We bad talk the US team all how when they played england, but giving our team props. How could that be? We are akin to the TTFF mentality. If the US was clueless and show no kind of creativity, then woe is we.

Lets get real guys, supporting players is not just telling them how good they are or were, but keeping them real too. Many of the guys showed they learnt nothing from the previous games and this should be made known to them. As always guys are comfortable, because they know the politics that is going on in T&T football so they know their chances of playing are really high.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: June 02, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »
anyone know IF and WHEN the game showing on TV again??

if they smart they would show something like that over

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: June 02, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »

tings that bad??!?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: June 02, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »
I think we getting carried away with Hyland performance. The guy had a decent game. Take the game for instance, if that was a team not involving T&T how much of us would have really sit down and watch that garbage? We giving props generously. Don't get me wrong the first time I see Hyland was the ash Wednesday and I saw the potential that is there. However, a lot of work has to be done. So what if he spanner Gerard? Do you think if Gerard is playing for a Champion league  or Prem title he would be walking around the field (well except for this last season gone here  ;D  )?

We have to keep things in perspective and not get caught up and start congratulating mediocrity. The guys did not look good and if they are the players to take the field for qualifiers, then we have a loooooooooong way to go. Burying your head in the sand so posters here won't call you a waggonist or say you don't know football would not change the fact that we were terrible. We bad talk the US team all how when they played england, but giving our team props. How could that be? We are akin to the TTFF mentality. If the US was clueless and show no kind of creativity, then woe is we.

Lets get real guys, supporting players is not just telling them how good they are or were, but keeping them real too. Many of the guys showed they learnt nothing from the previous games and this should be made known to them. As always guys are comfortable, because they know the politics that is going on in T&T football so they know their chances of playing are really high.

Elan,

Lemme tell you what I see in Hyland.

He was up against a world class midfield in Gerrard, Beckham, Barry and Downing.  In the early portions of the game, several times he got the ball with players putting severe pressure on him and he still looked composed and unhussled.. They didnt take the ball off of him and I was impressed by his trapping and first touch.

He wasn't hurrying off the pass.. He was showing heself providing the option for the wing backs and defense to bring the ball out. Sometimes he would keep posssession, if a defender biting he would issue a lil check back and spread the ball to the next flank.. Other times he would string the ball through for Stern to collect with his back to the defense.. He was working hard too and wasn't physically outmatched. And yes the spanner was a nice lil touch too that showed some confidence.

On the flip side there were times when he was trying too hard instead of playing the simple ball and he gave up possession with some bad pass.. Also as the game went on, the central midfield got a bit lost but could be down to fatigue.

Ok hear de magic word now...

HE IS 18 YEARS OLD.

When last have we had an 18 year old player who could hold his own against premiership oppostiion?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: June 02, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »
Seon Power tings cyah b sooooooooooo badddddddd but den again Cupid on d side

Dais like trading a piper for a spranger, or a jalopy for ah lemon.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: June 02, 2008, 12:12:46 PM »
We were simply outclassed. England were bigger, stronger, faster and had much better technique. They played the game at their own walking pace and we did nothing to force the issue.
We did look organized though, and not straggly like I have seen us look before.
Having said that, if England were to push the tempo, I have a feeling that we would have looked much worse.

Sadly Yorkie is still the only player on the team who can make a 30 yard pass with any degree of accuracy. But Hyland was breath of fresh air. And he's only 18, wow.

All a good experience though and we will be better for it. Get well soon Kenwyne!

Nah dread!! you need to get yuh eyes checked pronto. dominated ? bigger stronger ? which game you watch ? i was so bored that i wondered if was really england we were playing. 

to me we played more attacking football than in nuremberg , and we knocked the ball better and held possesion much longer.  give the youths ah chance , they playing much better than the gold cup team, much better.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 02, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »
Seon Power is a very good player.  Kern Cupid too.

Dem jes raw.  Fortunately fuh dem, dey not going to be going up against de calibre of opposition dat dey were exposed to yesterday any time soon.

They will do well against the likes of Bermuda et al which will give them confidence ahead of the battles with the powers in CONCACAF.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: June 02, 2008, 12:31:07 PM »
Elan nobody getting carried away by Hyland..all some man in here saying is his selection in the team was justified based on his performance (did I mention anthything bout a bleddy spanner or did I mention "his performance!!")..Now we see why Maturana is impressed with the 18 year old..He played better than most of de fellas who rep the warriors in de game...so all that writting yuh did still cant erase that de man deserve to be on the team...and all de complaining allyuh fellas was doing about his selection was unjust..

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: June 02, 2008, 12:44:05 PM »

Yeah, ah know ah ugly,  but ah ha more money than u  and i get to see de game free :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

1]; } ?>