March 28, 2024, 11:26:17 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 284908 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #2370 on: June 02, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »
Ugly is ah man heart not he face. ah hope yuh talking bout his heart. BC bush and clinton dem far more ugly than jack.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: June 02, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »
I mihself have two horns and favor foot bottom... so I cyah tell Jack nutten bout he looks.

He need ah new stylist doh...de polyester suit jacket over de Special Edition 3M ("Make More Money") Centennial Kit eh really cutting it.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What happen to everybody wearin' black??
« Reply #2372 on: June 02, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »
Vintage Trini's :)

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: June 02, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »
there r group shots...brownsugar,weary an reaper have it
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Grenada hold England C
« Reply #2374 on: June 02, 2008, 01:19:12 PM »
Grenada hold England C
By Mike Appleby in Grenada. (theFA.com)

Sunday, 01 June 2008.

Grenada 1-1 England C

Langaigne 30
Morison 77

International Friendly
The National Stadium, St. George's
Saturday 31 May 2008

England C were held to a 1-1 draw by Grenada on Saturday afternoon at a sun drenched National Stadium in the Island’s capital St George’s in what is the first of two games being played in the Caribbean.

After a quiet opening to the game, the first opportunity fell to the home side when Dennis Rennie was played through on goal but failed to control the ball properly and then shot wide.

England’s first chance came after 15 minutes when Andy Burgess hit a superb shot from 20 yards which Charles in the home goal gathered at the second attempt.

The visitors were by now dominating the game with their slick one and two touch movement, which has become a trademark for the team and caught the home side out on a number of occasions.

Martyn Woolford in particular was having a fine debut and proved to be a constant threat down the left and from one such run and cross in the 17th minute, Steve Morison headed just over and four minutes later the same player headed over again following a long throw from Lewis Chalmers.

On 26 minutes Morison again headed narrowly wide following an excellent cross from Kevin Nicholson.

All of England’s control looked in vain on the half hour mark though, when the home side took the lead against the run of play when a through ball from Grenada’s midfield beat the offside trap, allowing Cassim Langaigne to keep his head and slot the ball past Scott Tynan.

This reverse did not deter England and they continued to push forward. With half time approaching, Mitchell Cole was felled by what appeared to be a punch from the home keeper but to everyone’s amazement, referee Bedeau waved away all appeals for a penalty and gave a corner.

There followed four corners in succession with England going close on each occasion. Firstly Wayne Hatswell powered a header against the bar, then Chalmers saw a volley turned away by Charles, before Morision clipped the angle of post and bar and finally Cole just failed to connect with a knock down from Michael Morrison. England continued to pour forward and twice in the final minute of the half they almost snatched an equaliser through Hatswell and then Burgess.

The second half began with Grenada almost adding a second when Nigel Bishop latched onto a pass from Dennis Rennie and bore down on goal, but Tynan pulled off a superb safe by diving at Bishop’s feet and taking the ball cleanly.

This again spurred on the visitors as they continued to take the game to their hosts, who were visibly surprised by the skill and energy levels of the England team.

Fairclough made two changes after 67 minutes replacing Daniel Gleeson and Woolford with Russell Penn and Shaun Harrad, and it was Penn who almost contributed to the equaliser when he crossed for Morrison to head against the post.

There followed a bizarre incident after 70 minutes when substitute goalkeeper Searls and Cole collided in the six yard area. Cole quickly recovered after treatment, but Searls was eventually carried off. The Grenada bench then tried to replace him with Charles who had been substituted at half-time.  Their error was quickly pointed out to them and an outfield player finally took over in goal.

England finally got the reward their efforts deserved in the 77th minute when Morison climbed above the home defence to head home a John Brayford cross, much to the delight of his team mates and the sprinkling of England fans in the stadium.

The visitors were clearly not content with a draw and continued to press for the winning goal, first Hatswell went close with a header and then on 82 minutes Harrad had a great chance to win the game. Put through by Chalmers he raced clear of the home defence, drew the keeper but his shot clipped the outside of the post.  In between these two efforts, Grenada’s Rennie clipped the top of bar and Bishop hit the side netting after a great run from the half-way line.

A highly competitive game played in a good spirit by two skilful and talented teams eventually ended all square and Fairclough admitted that he was impressed by the energy levels and commitment of his players.

“I was staggered by the way the players coped with the conditions,” he said.

“They actually finished the stronger of the two teams which was testament to their fitness levels and commitment to playing for their country.

“It is probably the most competitive game that the side has played since I took over as manager and I was very proud at the final whistle although a little disappointed by the result.

“We dominated over 90 minutes, hit the woodwork five or six times and played the better football.”

His opposite number Norris Wilson was also impressed by the standard of play show by the England side.

“They played some great stuff which belied the ‘C’ tag to the team name,” he said.

“I was impressed, they were certainly a much higher standard team than we had envisaged.”

England: Scott Tynan (Northwich Victoria) John Brayford (Burton Albion), Michael Morrison, Wayne Hatswell (both Cambridge United), Kevin Nicholson (Torquay United), Andy Burgess (Rushden & Diamonds), Daniel Gleeson (Cambridge United) (Russell Penn (Kidderminster Harriers), 67), Lewis Chalmers (Aldershot Town), Martyn Woolford (York City) (Shaun Harrad (Burton Albion), 67), Steve Morison (Stevenage Borough) (John Shaw (Halifax Town), 82), Mitchell Cole (Stevenage Borough)

Subs not used:Adam Bartlett (Kidderminster Harriers), Smith (Ebbsfleet Utd)

Attendance: 2700

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: June 02, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »
They Strike on that one too !!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: June 02, 2008, 01:37:59 PM »
Pics will come later when I get home....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: June 02, 2008, 01:39:55 PM »
D juzzy say we support all SW dat is y we were in d stadium
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: June 02, 2008, 02:01:18 PM »
They Strike on that one too !!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: June 02, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »
D Strike bus since d GC last yr
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: good luck vs England
« Reply #2380 on: June 02, 2008, 02:05:20 PM »
Even though England have announced a weakened team against TNT, I still expect them to defeat TNT by 3 clear goals.....they should have beaten the USA more comfortably than the 2-0 score indicate.

Hey Fellaz..Good Prediction huh

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: June 02, 2008, 02:18:12 PM »
That is pure stupidness.  You protesting and wearing black, after you done buy ticket and money going into TTFF and Jack Warner pocket?   :rotfl:  I will understand if you wear black and protest in front of the stadium instead

You apparently don't know the difference between a show of solidarity and a boycott/protest.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:03:51 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: June 02, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
Now that Dwight Yorke done get his 20 minutes against England......hardly got a touch......., Might there be a chance he will be ducking out of the less prestigious clash against Jamaica   ??? ??? ???

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the T&T Team
« Reply #2383 on: June 02, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »
Seon Power is a very good player.  Kern Cupid too.

Dem jes raw.  Fortunately fuh dem, dey not going to be going up against de calibre of opposition dat dey were exposed to yesterday any time soon.

They will do well against the likes of Bermuda et al which will give them confidence ahead of the battles with the powers in CONCACAF.

As much as we getting kicks off Seon Powers I have to agree with Palos. Powers have a real good workrate and athletic ability. All he need is more experience against the likes of Gerrard and  Dafoe to learn the deficiencies in his game. In fact he would undoubtedly the right wing back had he been not injured. Look for Powers to be T&T stawart player in that position during the qualifiers once he fit. Once he learn to make an accurate pass he in like Flynn  ;D
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: June 02, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
Any bright light go b ah neon flouresant light

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: June 02, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »

Same ting i was wondering. Since when de uniform is white with black piping? Steups.

Allyuh ent recognize it yet or what?  Dat was de Special Edition 3M ("Make More Money") Centennial shirt Jack and dem break out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: June 02, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »

Same ting i was wondering. Since when de uniform is white with black piping? Steups.

Allyuh ent recognize it yet or what?  Dat was de Special Edition 3M ("Make More Money") Centennial shirt Jack and dem break out.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: June 02, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »
how come nobody aint mention that the players names were not on their backs...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: June 02, 2008, 03:22:09 PM »
how come nobody aint mention that the players names were not on their backs...

that whole uniform look like a last minute thing if yuh ask me
Youtube Channel

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: June 02, 2008, 03:25:15 PM »
Spideybuff doh worry we on the same page antipation is a reflection of your speed of thought or as we say thinking two and three plays ahead. So I was referring to their speed of thought when i talked about their defensive and offensive anticipation
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: June 02, 2008, 03:28:24 PM »
One thing i forgot to ask for the forumites who were there in the stadium from early.

Given that it was a centennial celebration.

Was there any presentation to past players, coaches and administrators throughout the history of the TTFF in trinidad? Any recognition of the 1973 squad, 1989 squad and 2006 teams?

Any plaque share, any speech pass?

let me know thanks..

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: June 02, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »
One thing i forgot to ask for the forumites who were there in the stadium from early.

Given that it was a centennial celebration.

Was there any presentation to past players, coaches and administrators throughout the history of the TTFF in trinidad? Any recognition of the 1973 squad, 1989 squad and 2006 teams?

Any plaque share, any speech pass?

let me know thanks..

at the end of the game both teams were presented with  a centennial medal or something...presentation barely took 15-20 mins...

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: June 02, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »
Hmm...I guess this is why I am an armchair critic and not a coach.

I think Hyland had a horrible game and probably lost whatever contract offers he could have had. I have to watch the game on tv now because in the stadium it looked like he did not make ONE pass to a player in white all game.

Yes he may have hustled and been involved in the game but (to me) he gave the ball away EVERY SINGLE TIME he had it.
I ain't get to see the game, but even on English message boards, they talking bout how good Hyland (and Whitley) play.

Who say club trials fuh we skipper and Hyland. Whitley have some age,but clubs will still sign him to a 2 or 3 years. Good luck guys, watch de ride from here on now. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: June 02, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »
Omar I know dey say d only stupid? is d 1 not ask but is d JWFF u dealin wit. If dey did get a lil medal dat mean dey would a have 2 get ticket does less profit for TTT

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: June 02, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »
This team need Cornell Glen (speed and willingness to take on defenders), Julius James (the most promising defender we have) Chris Birchall (the only man who willing to do the dirty work in the midfield, and occasionally slam a bullet from midfield), and give Sancho a call. It is time to leave Yorke Lawrence, and Latapy and move on.  By 2010, they go be senior citizens.  The coach is fine, unless he play stubborn and refuse to make changes. 

We will be fine. The young ones will learn from their mistakes.  Watch how we go mash up the Reggae Boys on Saturday! 

I blame the coaching staff for allowing the players to be so respectful of the English.  If they wouldn't tackle, haul them off!!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 02, 2008, 03:54:03 PM »
How much trial Autis will go on. Dman get diss in Vietnam. Hre play like Autis from d qualifiers

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: June 02, 2008, 04:22:50 PM »

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: June 02, 2008, 04:27:21 PM »
Yep there some of us were present and accounted 4 others were also present but eh make d pics

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: June 02, 2008, 04:30:14 PM »
we some caption who is who, all i make out is Brownie
Youtube Channel

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: June 02, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »

cowen, nobody's_angel, oconnorg, weary1969, kandi_tt

cowen, nobody's_angel, oconnorg, weary1969, brownsugar, kandi_tt
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 04:33:05 PM by kandi_tt »

1]; } ?>