April 26, 2024, 08:11:26 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 288147 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ticketing information for the T&T vs England June 1.
« Reply #390 on: May 05, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »
Should have done it while I was getting through earlier...now the website giving problems.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 05, 2008, 09:08:03 AM »
how surprising...the website down! and d phone busy for days!
lol

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are Warrior Nation members getting tickets to the England game?
« Reply #392 on: May 05, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »
We made two requests and both were denied.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 05, 2008, 09:10:43 AM »
Well sorry you guys not getting through now....it was giving trouble early then it apparently was working fine (although yuh have to redial like crazy all the time to get through via phone)....so it must be gone back down with all the pressure...

Keep trying....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 05, 2008, 09:12:04 AM »
alyuh what time the game is on Match day?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 05, 2008, 09:16:35 AM »
guys try ttffonline.com/shop
it takes u stright to the page. i got my tickets.. :P
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 05, 2008, 09:25:52 AM »
Check out TTFFONLINE PURCHASE POLICY

Our goal at TTFFONLINE.com is to make your purchasing experience easy, efficient and equitable, so we can get you on your way to live events as quickly as possible. The following purchase policies are designed to ensure your satisfaction and understanding of the purchase process on TTTFFONLINE.com. If you have any questions about the information below, please contact us at (868) 623-7312 or (800) FANS. This Purchase Policy is subject to, and incorporates by this reference, the terms of use. Each ticket that you purchase is a license to attend a particular event of TTFF, and is subject to the additional terms set forth on that ticket.

Currency
All ticket prices for events that occur are stated in Trinidad and Tobago Dollars. All ticket prices for events that occur outside of Trinidad and Tobago are stated in the respective currency of the home country.

Payment Methods
TTFFONLINE.com accepts several methods of payment to accommodate your needs. If the event for which you are buying tickets is located in Trinidad and Tobago, TTFFONLINE.com  accepts Cash payment, Visa, and MasterCard.

Pricing and Availability
TTFFONLINE.com  sells tickets on behalf of promoters, teams, bands and venues, which means TTFFONLINE.com  does not set the ticket prices or determine seating locations, except under limited circumstances.. Tickets are generally sold through several distribution points, including online, Phone Centers, Retail Locations and box offices. Most distribution points generally access the same ticketing system and inventory. Therefore, tickets for popular events may sell out quickly. Occasionally, additional tickets may be available prior to the event. However, TTFFONLINE.com  does not control this inventory or its availability..

Order Confirmation

If you do not receive a confirmation number (in the form of a confirmation page or email) after submitting payment information, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to confirm with your Customer Service Department whether or not your order has been placed. Only you may be aware of any problems that may occur during the purchase process. Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) will not be responsible for losses (monetary or otherwise) if you assume that an order was not placed because you failed to receive confirmation.

Convenience Charges and Order Processing Fees
Tickets purchased on TTFFONLINE.com  and via 800 (FANS) hotline are typically subject to a per ticket convenience charge and a non-refundable per order processing fee. In many cases, delivery prices will also be owed.

Amount of Tickets Per Customer or "Ticket Limits"
When purchasing tickets on TTFFONLINE.com , you are limited to a specified number of tickets for each event (also known as a "ticket limit"). This amount is included on the unique event page and is verified with every transaction. This policy is in effect to discourage unfair ticket buying practices.

Opening Acts

Opening acts or guests may sometimes tour with headlining performers. Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) is not always made aware of opening acts or the length of their performances. These opening acts are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice. No refund will be owed if an opening act is changed or canceled.

Refunds and Exchanges
Before purchasing tickets, carefully review your event and seat selection. Policies set forth by our clients, including venues, teams and theaters, generally prohibit Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) from issuing exchanges or refunds after a ticket has been purchased or for lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets.

If you purchase tickets through TTFFONLINE.com to an event located outside of Trinidad and Tobago, you will receive a refund of the amount you paid for that ticket if: (a) the ticketed event is canceled (in which case you will not receive a refund of any delivery fees), (b) that ticket does not allow you to enter the ticketed event for reasons that may include, without limitation, that the ticket is counterfeit or that the ticket has been canceled by the issuer due to non-payment, unless the ticket is canceled due to an act or omission by you, (c) that ticket fails to conform to its description on this web site, or (d) you failed to receive that ticket.

If you purchase a ticket through TTFFONLINE.com to an event located in Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) will provide to you a full refund of that amount you paid for that ticket if: (a) the ticketed event is canceled, provided that if the ticketed event is canceled then the order processing and delivery fees will not be refunded; (b) that ticket does not grant you admission to the ticketed event, unless the ticket is canceled due to an act or omission by you; or (c) that ticket fails to conform to its description on this webs site, or (d) you failed to receive that ticket.

Cancellation
If an event is canceled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. Contact us for exact instructions.

Please make sure to include/provide your account number so we can expedite your refund if applicable.

If you purchase a ticket through TTTFFONLINE.com and via 800 (FANS), and a refund is issued, then the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) will most likely give you a refund by issuing a credit to the credit card that you used or the payment option that you used to purchase that ticket unless that ticket the holder of the ticket will not be able to physically present it for a refund. If a ticket is purchased through a TTFF Retail Location and a refund is to be issued for it, then you may only be able to receive the refund by presenting the ticket yourself to the Retail Location where it was purchased.

TTFFONLINE.com typically only offers refunds and/or exchanges based on the promoter's, team's or venue's instructions. In order to receive a refund or an exchange that may be offered, you will have to comply with the promoter's, team's or venue's instructions or deadlines, which, along with the decision about whether or not to issue a refund or an exchange, may be at the promoter's, team's or venue's discretion.

When TTFFONLINE.com and 800 (FANS) issues you a refund for a ticket, it will issue a refund of the ticket's face value paid (or, if a discounted ticket, then instead the discounted ticket price paid), the facility fee and the convenience charge, unless the ticket was sold through a retail outlet in which case TTFF will issue a refund of the ticket price you paid at the retail outlet and the convenience charge (if any) you paid.

If a refund is issued, it will be issued using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets. If a credit card was used to make the refunded purchase, then only that actual credit card will receive the credit for the refund. TTFF will not be liable for travel or any other expenses that you or anyone else incurs in connection with a canceled or postponed event.

Billing Information Verification
Orders are processed only after a billing address, and other billing information, has been verified. Occasionally, we receive incorrect billing or credit card account information for a ticket order that can delay processing and delivery. In these cases, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) customer service will attempt to contact you, using the information provided at the time of purchase. If Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) is unable to reach you after its initial attempt, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) may cancel your order and may sell your tickets to another customer without further notice.

Delivery Options

TTPOST, FEDEX, DHL and UPS

Pricing and Other Errors

If the amount you pay for a ticket is incorrect regardless of whether because of an error in a price posted on this web site or otherwise communicated to you, or you are able to order a ticket before its scheduled on-sale or presale date or you are able to order a ticket that was not supposed to have been released for sale, then: Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) will have the right to cancel that ticket (or the order for that ticket) and refund to you the amount that you paid. This will apply regardless of whether because of human error or a transactional malfunction of this web site or other Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) operated system.

Multiple Browser Windows

When ordering tickets online with Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), please ensure you are looking for tickets and placing an order using only one browser window. Looking up tickets using multiple browser windows could result in losing your tickets or timer expiration.

Limitation of Liability

Balls and other objects may fly into the spectator area during an event. Despite spectator shielding, injury can occur. Stay alert at all times before, during and after play or performance. If struck, immediately ask usher for directions to a medical station. By purchasing a ticket through Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), you agree to the terms of this Purchase Policy on behalf of yourself and any accompanying minor. You assume all risks incidental to the event for which a ticket is issued, whether before, during or after play or performance.

License; Ejection and Cancellation; No Redemption Value

Event Providers reserve the right, without refund of any amount paid, to refuse admission to, or eject, any person whose conduct management deems disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language or who fails to comply with Event Provider rules. Breach of terms or rules will terminate your license to attend the event without refund. A ticket is a revocable license and admission may be refused upon refunding the ticket's face amount. A ticket is not redeemable for cash.

Recording, Transmission and Exhibition
You agree not to record or transmit, or aid in recording or transmitting, any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the event. You grant permission to utilize your image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the event (regardless of whether before, during or after play or performance) in any medium or context without further authorization or compensation.

You Are Subject to Search
You and your belongings may be searched on entry. You consent to such searches and waive any related claims that may arise. If you elect not to consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the event without refund or other compensation. Under certain facility rules, certain items may not be brought into the premises, including without limitation, alcohol, drugs, controlled substances, cameras, recording devices, bundles and containers.

Unlawful Re-Sale of Tickets; Commercial Purposes
Unlawful resale of tickets (or attempt) is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. A ticket shall not be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweepstakes, unless formal written authorization is given by the Event Provider, provided that even if such consent is obtained, use of Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) trademarks and other intellectual property is subject to Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) consent.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:28:45 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 05, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
alyuh what time the game is on Match day?

Date: Sunday 1st June 2008 - 5:30 PM
Venue: Hasely Crawford Stadium - Port of Spain
Doors open at 1:00 PM

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »
i going inside real early on that day...once they have cold stag on de inside, there is no need for me to lime anywhere else before
Back in Trini...

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
Re: What if everyone boycotted the T&T vs England game??
« Reply #399 on: May 05, 2008, 09:46:49 AM »
You study Jack bro. Stay home and read the England Vs T&T thread . It will be updated from men using their blackberry in the stadium. Hold tight.

What exactly do you mean? Are you just another no balls trini or are you even a trini??
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2008, 09:47:53 AM »
ah place my order i get email and stuff, was i suppose to get a confirmation number right away?
Youtube Channel

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2008, 09:48:58 AM »
Thanks Tallman. Can someone put an order in for me? I cannot conect to the TTFF website!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 05, 2008, 09:49:56 AM »
Thanks Tallman. Can someone put an order in for me? I cannot conect to the TTFF website!

try this http://ttffonline.com/shop/
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 05, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »
ah place my order i get email and stuff, was i suppose to get a confirmation number right away?

I got an Order Number.

What's the scene with the delivery service? Is there really going to be one or do we have to go in?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #404 on: May 05, 2008, 09:54:01 AM »
i done start to spread d word. as a female supporter who backin dis team for years. it hurtin meh heart to see d shite Jacko doin. so even if ah not able to get a ticket , ill be wearin black d days leadin up to d game and on d day of d game. ah doh appreciate something so precious bein taken from me

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 05, 2008, 09:57:41 AM »
toppa, ah tink u have to go in to collect. not too sure. jus my luck, d website down an d phone busy like hell. only in trini.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 05, 2008, 09:58:31 AM »
toppa, ah tink u have to go in to collect. not too sure. jus my luck, d website down an d phone busy like hell. only in trini.

bless!!

Keep on refreshing, it'll come back on in ah timing.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 05, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »
These ppl doh even have ah beef, they still spending, they team mighten make it (well now we know dey didn't), yet they tail happy, and they organize deyself to suit..and ppl who have real reason, it more important to see the other Team ....oh well....so it go...  ::) :devil:
maybe if only we used to play basketball  :-\

Yellow

Red

ps: oops, ah doh know how to make the pics come-out....Is pics from NBA games where the crowd wearin Yellow & Red to back dey team, of their own free will...'gotta love dis game'  :D
MaxG, it is a very common practice for all who goin to a game to wear the same colour shirt, especially during the playoffs.
What is expected at the game in TnT, is that wearing "Black", will turn heads so to speak, to bring the fans frustration concerning the TTFF to the forefront.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:21:52 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 05, 2008, 10:24:16 AM »
Thanks a mil breds!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: What if everyone boycotted the T&T vs England game??
« Reply #409 on: May 05, 2008, 11:16:31 AM »
Fatz.....hell will freeze over before yuh get a boycott of this game en masse....dat is de reality...so I had decided a while back to go to de game and wear a jersey with some message on it....

Even if is I alone in de stadium wid de jersey and people watching mih funny....fine....den Spidey came up wid de idea of wearing black which I don't mind doing....like yuh say to get de point across we goh have to organise sitting together and (because is Jackula we dealing wid) we might have to find a way to sneak de damn jersey in de stadium if it comes to that...

So I understand what yuh trying to do but we eh have de gumption for it not in TnT...at least not now... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 05, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »
way the vip $1600 ticket option gone, like it sell out
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 05, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »

$1200 actually... and yeah looks like its sold out...surprising really...

I expect this game to be sold out by wednesday

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 05, 2008, 11:58:41 AM »

$1200 actually... and yeah looks like its sold out...surprising really...

I expect this game to be sold out by wednesday

like my memory gone bad i thought it was $1600 yes  ::). people rel moving fast.

yuh know if we playing in the new Kit?
Youtube Channel

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 05, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
All the no balls trinis, just keep bending over and taking it from the back, we do that in everything and it seems there will be a gay pride parade just now. KFC gone up, they quarreling while in the line then smile with the cashier and make they order. Chicken prices cut in half is a headline in the papers today, yuh think KFC price going and drop, NO and not one man jack will breathe a word, just continue to fatten prestige pockets. The same goes for the football all the money they made for the cup, they try to hide it, the government blow the whistle on them and they still trying to hide, ease we up and give the fans a bligh. Warner throwing dollar party for carnival, why doesn't he throw a TT$100.00 football game as a show of appreciation for the fans. Boycott of the game will be the biggest statement we could make as a people. The wear black thing is just a sugar coating of sh1t and the end when yuh lick the sugar off, all you'll be left with is sh1t. I'm tempted as the days go by to buy a ticket but i'm holding my resolve so i'll go outside the stadium in a black jersey but i'll not go in and i challenge all the people to do the same. Also someone should try to contact Lasana Liburd, i think he will definitely be interested in writing something about the black day as i call it, he may even get Jenkins to write something in the English press.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 05, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »
just like with WASA
if we keep up de pressure de pipe will eventually buss
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 05, 2008, 12:37:02 PM »
All the no balls trinis, just keep bending over and taking it from the back, we do that in everything and it seems there will be a gay pride parade just now. KFC gone up, they quarreling while in the line then smile with the cashier and make they order. Chicken prices cut in half is a headline in the papers today, yuh think KFC price going and drop, NO and not one man jack will breathe a word, just continue to fatten prestige pockets. The same goes for the football all the money they made for the cup, they try to hide it, the government blow the whistle on them and they still trying to hide, ease we up and give the fans a bligh. Warner throwing dollar party for carnival, why doesn't he throw a TT$100.00 football game as a show of appreciation for the fans. Boycott of the game will be the biggest statement we could make as a people. The wear black thing is just a sugar coating of sh1t and the end when yuh lick the sugar off, all you'll be left with is sh1t. I'm tempted as the days go by to buy a ticket but i'm holding my resolve so i'll go outside the stadium in a black jersey but i'll not go in and i challenge all the people to do the same. Also someone should try to contact Lasana Liburd, i think he will definitely be interested in writing something about the black day as i call it, he may even get Jenkins to write something in the English press.

I personally disagree with the boycott because while we may succeed in embarrassing Jack it will do him very little measurable harm as he can easily recoup whatever financial losses elsewhere.  Your suggestion is premised somehow on the notion that Jack intends to profit from the gate receipts...when in fact that is peanuts compared to the income to be received from sponsorship fees.  If anything you hurt yourself by not being at the game, and we stand to hurt our football in the longer run as other 'big name' teams may hesitate to play TnT in Trinidad for fear that they are put in a position of embarrassment, being an unwitting party to the spectacle....or at minimum, showing up for a game in TnT that is sparsely attended.  Which international side would want that?

However you personally feel like protesting is entirely within your right, I'm not trying to dissuade you...just providing an alternate perspective.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 05, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
MaxG, it is a very common practice for all who goin to a game to wear the same colour shirt, especially during the playoffs.
What is expected at the game in TnT, is that wearing "Black", will turn heads so to speak, to bring the fans frustration concerning the TTFF to the forefront.

Exactly my point..them does do that regular & common just to back they team...some ppl questioning why, if it worth it, sun hot, wha we go say if confronted, how it go look, wha bout me 3 lion shrt, if ah ha one in the cupboard, would we be protesting, or not protesting...daa...daa.daa....long as we see England everything is everything.....I know for ah fact ah wida wear the Black or Pink or whatever, and LIME OUTSIDE THE STADIUM...once in ah lifetime event meh arse...ppl takin licks for ah lifetime, plenty more than once...I considered flying home for the game, till ah talk to meh mom - who has been around football since A Suite days, and now Warner, an at eighty + she still opening meh eyes & brain now and then, though sometimes ppl eyes wide open, we brain does be wide shut....dat is just me, buh me not vex with nobody else for seeing it differently and going to the game, cause that is why I get post away in the 1st place, ah chupidee so

ps: as a was goin and post, ah see yuh Bakes, and ah don't disagree with yuh eh..but the intention again is not to hurt Jack or anybody, but more than other Team wouldn't want to play we, cause they don't anyway, England probably doing this to get Jack votes. More importantly, the Federation would have to start getting themselves and stop taking our football and us as a play ting..again jus my op. Otherwise they have no reason to change cause we complaining(they obviously not hearing) and taking it (so everything cool, them jus like to complain).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 05, 2008, 12:56:18 PM »
ps: as a was goin and post, ah see yuh Bakes, and ah don't disagree with yuh eh..but the intention again is not to hurt Jack or anybody, but more than other Team wouldn't want to play we, cause they don't anyway, England probably doing this to get Jack votes. More importantly, the Federation would have to start getting themselves and stop taking our football and us as a play ting..again jus my op. Otherwise they have no reason to change cause we complaining(they obviously not hearing) and taking it (so everything cool, them jus like to complain).

Okay so if the intention of the proposed boycott isn't to hurt Jack then how is that better than wearing black in unison?  Also yuh say the intent isn't to hurt Jack or anybody else but then yuh turn around and suggest that it would be a way of getting the Federation's attention?  Kinda contradictory, no?

As for England only playing we to get Jack votes...maybe.  Note I never addressed England though, I spoke about "other big name teams"... seeing England come and play us and (hopefully) benefit from the experience, that would be encouraging for other big teams in the future to similarly come play us on our home field.

At least that's how I see it.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 05, 2008, 01:35:55 PM »

Okay so if the intention of the proposed boycott isn't to hurt Jack then how is that better than wearing black in unison?  Also yuh say the intent isn't to hurt Jack or anybody else but then yuh turn around and suggest that it would be a way of getting the Federation's attention?  Kinda contradictory, no?

As for England only playing we to get Jack votes...maybe.  Note I never addressed England though, I spoke about "other big name teams"... seeing England come and play us and (hopefully) benefit from the experience, that would be encouraging for other big teams in the future to similarly come play us on our home field.

At least that's how I see it.

Nah, ah doh think yuh have to hurt somebody to get dey attention, more like, by adopting a passive agressive stance to Encourage them to do their job or fulfil their mandate...cause we can't fire or remove them therefore we have to educate ourselves on what are the other alternatives, and let them know we are considering them...they may or may not work, but it seems what we do, wheter supporting, blindly or knowlegably just hasn't been working over the last few years, regardless of who we play or where we have been, historically or within the unpredictable future.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 05, 2008, 01:39:59 PM »

Nah, ah doh think yuh have to hurt somebody to get dey attention, more like, by adopting a passive agressive stance to Encourage them to do their job or fulfil their mandate...cause we can't fire or remove them therefore we have to educate ourselves on what are the other alternatives, and let them know we are considering them...they may or may not work, but it seems what we do, wheter supporting, blindly or knowlegably just hasn't been working over the last few years, regardless of who we play or where we have been, historically or within the unpredictable future.

...by taking a stance that is likely to bring international shame/pressure on them, while having a minimal possibility of hurting our football in the long run.

1]; } ?>