April 25, 2024, 07:09:04 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 287735 times)

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Yuh have to give Jack his Jacket..
« Reply #540 on: May 06, 2008, 08:15:13 PM »
Welcome back OconnerG...

Thanks guys for the very mature replys

Wham horse, how yuh say dat thanks so, like u thought man wudda cuss yuh for sayin to give Jack he jacket a wha... :rotfl:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 06, 2008, 08:16:37 PM »
Mudder c**t  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :arguing: :arguing: is my fault too .

:'(  :'(  :'(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:21:23 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #542 on: May 06, 2008, 08:18:50 PM »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 06, 2008, 08:21:18 PM »
Soca Warriors, England match sold out in 24 hours

LOCAL football enthusiasts who didn’t get a ticket to witness the centennial friendly international between T&T and England—dubbed the biggest match ever to be played on local soil—will have to make up their mind to watch the high-profile game on television.

After just two days of sales, tickets that were being sold online were completely sold out, in spite of claims that the prices were to exuberant for the average football fan and queries about the new electronic ticketing system.

Special reserved tickets were priced at $1200 (includes parking, reserved seating, refreshments, and centennial memorabilia), covered stands at $600 and uncovered stands at $300.

These charges applied to adults, children and differently-abled persons.

There are seating allotments for 1,000 special reserved ticket holders, 4,150 for covered stands patrons and 18,040 for those in the uncovered stands. Total tickets amounts to 23,190.

Some 750 tickets (uncovered stands) have been allocated for the English “away” fans

Yesterday’s letter to media houses issued by TTFF Special Advisor and Fifa Vice President Jack Warner indicating that all tickets were sold out read:

“On behalf of the TTFF, I wish to formally announce that all tickets for the match T&T versus England have been sold out.

It is at times like this the work I do for the promotion of my country through football and elsewhere inspires me to continue, despite the ridicule and criticism.

I persevere through it all, confident that the results of everything I do will vilify my critics. Here we are on the cusp of our renewed efforts at qualifying for World Cup, South Africa, 2010 and the near impossible is achieved, that is, a final warm-up match between a full strength England national football team and T&T played right here at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

In most parts of the world, pulling that off would have been lauded by all local sports officials and media. Instead, the platform has become a source of the usual criticism, this time about prices and the new electronic ticketing system.

Once again, the results speak for themselves as for the first time in the history of any sports event locally I believe, over 20,000 tickets have been sold out within 24 hours.

This reaffirmation of public support goes against the grain of all the doomsayers and armchair critics. The public has kept the faith. May we all use this event to rekindle that belief in ourselves, to inspire that strong sense of nationalism we encountered during the last World Cup and to move beyond the negativity and disbelief we too often display in ourselves.

May the nation rally as one, once again behind our team. The surge of support is evidently there, let us build the momentum. It is time to settle the score.”

guardian

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 06, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »
Welcome back OconnerG...

Thanks guys for the very mature replys

Wham horse, how yuh say dat thanks so, like u thought man wudda cuss yuh for sayin to give Jack he jacket a wha... :rotfl:

I know allyuh hate de man an all.. but rite now yall acting as ignorant as he and the ttff acts at times... so 2 wrongs doe make things right... 

I just find a lil respect is due for their recent efforts... but i understand allyuh opinions..
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:25:27 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 06, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »
Ah could cry

truetrini

« Reply #546 on: May 06, 2008, 08:29:35 PM »
I find allyuh should rally behind de call and give Jack he f**king Jacket...a strait jacket.

de f**ker should be in ah mad house for de criminally insane!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 06, 2008, 08:43:33 PM »
so what cancel my trip now steupsssssss ,no way I could get ah ticket now

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #548 on: May 06, 2008, 08:50:17 PM »

U cud still get, d tickets that not collected  on the 18th will be put back up for sale the public or if a man on d forum who have extra tickets willing to sell, start a thread u never knw...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 06, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »
thanks thats a hope ,but by the 18 th I will have to be booked for sure rite now I could try for jamiaca oh some other shit team .How much scalpers is sell for ?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 06, 2008, 09:04:12 PM »
thanks thats a hope ,but by the 18 th I will have to be booked for sure rite now I could try for jamiaca oh some other shit team .How much scalpers is sell for ?

Hoss i sure you cud come and get tix...  scalpers in trinidad stupid...  dey will prob offer a uncovered for 400-600   

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 06, 2008, 09:04:19 PM »
We have not forgotten the blacklist. I am not giving him no jacket. He can buy his own.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 06, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »

U cud still get, d tickets that not collected  on the 18th will be put back up for sale the public or if a man on d forum who have extra tickets willing to sell, start a thread u never knw...

Like allyuh eh read de play or wha? Some people go get problems to collect their tickets on the 18th....and as a result....these tickets...and possibly more will be sold again. Notice the press release said 20000 tickets were sold.......but to my memory...the stadium capacity is 30000. Wait and see. De comess with these tickets eh done.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 06, 2008, 09:15:10 PM »

Like allyuh eh read de play or wha? Some people go get problems to collect their tickets on the 18th....and as a result....these tickets...and possibly more will be sold again. Notice the press release said 20000 tickets were sold.......but to my memory...the stadium capacity is 30000. Wait and see. De comess with these tickets eh done.

Capacity is 24000 

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 06, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »

Hoss i sure you cud come and get tix...  scalpers in trinidad stupid...  dey will prob offer a uncovered for 400-600   
Hope starting to return thanks guys  ;D ,they stupid ehh hmmm ok still ah chance ah taking doh .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #555 on: May 06, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
I not putting it past the man but I would LOVE to see ANYBODY tell me I can't go into the Hasely Crawford Stadium because of the colour jersey I choose to wear. I would LOVE to see if that is the country I living in. Because I would make a mint off of that, guaranteed.

My gripe was directed at those who claim to be living in a free, democratic country and ready to allow somebody to dictate those things to them. Somebody who is not even an elected official or head of the armed forces.

Midknight I'll answer you here as well...

My point isn't to argue the merits of the action...i.e. whether Jack would be right to do this or not.  My point isn't to discourage others from wearing black.  All I saying is consider erring on de side of caution. Spidey as you yourself say, the average Joe on the street don't seem to make out Jack for being the bastard that he is.  Forget about whether Jack cares about the protest or not...in the incident that he does, and he decides "who the hell is dem fellas from dat site tuh try and embarrass me on ah day when I bring England tuh TnT?".  He then sends his minions to direct the unsophisticated, low-level grunts working security to bar "the fellas in de black shirts" from coming in.  Dem ent go know is some illegal badmind scene jack on.  Either of you really think them fellas will stop to consider the constitutionality of the directive...or would they say

"aye, de man and dem tell we not tuh let allyuh een...I ent know what dat about but I juss doing my job". 

Far-fetched?  Perhaps.  But stranger things have happened under Jack's watch.

So the choice then is to

a) Walk with something extra and put on yuh black shirt after yuh reach inside.
b) Guff up yuh chest and walk up tuh de gate in yuh black shirt and dare anybody to trod on yuh constitutional rights as a member of the paying public.  Risk ah rough up and you missing de game. 

Later on that month Jack issue ah statement about it being ah "misunderstanding" and tell all ah allyuh who they denied entry to to come down Dundonald St. fuh allyuh refund.  Neat neat story dun.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:25:17 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 06, 2008, 10:35:02 PM »
is dat his signature?

and no... i dont really have to give him a shit... this only proves the patriotism and or band waggonism of our people.

warner could go ahead and haul his ass.

Jack Warner ent have no kinda class or shame at all.. with tha letter right they.... that is de height of low class as far as i concern...

up to this day I still cyah beleive the kinda big balls he have!! at all at all

Gloating when a simple, "it was said that it couldn't be done, but we did it, thank you for your support" would have sufficed.

Jack wouldn't know the high road if he laid down in the middle of it and two semi run over he big ugly shiney face.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 06, 2008, 10:36:39 PM »
I find allyuh should rally behind de call and give Jack he f**king Jacket...a strait jacket.

de f**ker should be in ah mad house for de criminally insane!

How about ah lead jacket...and ah long walk off ah short jetty.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ticketing information for the T&T vs England June 1.
« Reply #558 on: May 06, 2008, 10:46:18 PM »
ah boy...i jus miss out..
site was down ad phones was busy no ass
steups

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 06, 2008, 11:22:25 PM »
Yow !! look how long you should've handle that king. yuh mean to say yuh wait till last minuite to cop tickets, any way you could still get tickets, BC they will have to make concessions for the english fans who making the trip, and there's still the scalpers. i think yuh safe. JMO.                             positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 06, 2008, 11:41:48 PM »
Yeah ah stick just once ,cause I remembered a co worker taking time off last week in may ,so I called by breddren in trini and tell him wait to buy ahhh . But I did good to sense I found out bout this yesterday .Got Tickets for 550 can return inculding airports taxes from my bro inlaw .Get permission from my wife ,get to go head from work all in a few hours .that pretty good man .
Yah think I should still take a shot at this eh .

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
" Who say tickets sell out"
« Reply #561 on: May 07, 2008, 06:27:05 AM »
wehhh only 2 days and ah hear all the tickets them gone. Think all the General tickets though.
Any of yawl made ur orders yet?

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #562 on: May 07, 2008, 06:32:05 AM »
Man ah go say it like dis who scared tuh stand up fuh de rights is ah bunch ah punks. Scared of ah lil ruff up :o

Lets not forget of the main ting here. Is not tuh go see dis team play England that is an added pleasure. It is to protest the treatment of our heros and the monarchy that treatening the future by distroying the past and present for thier own gain.

We are afraid to stand up for our own beliefs, we should not dispite of the persons power or position. Martin was not afraid to walk dispite of the police brutality, and the student in (ah cyah spell it) Tiamin ??? square was not afraid of lock up and de tanks. We more concern bout seeing de game. I really don't believe what I am reading here. I wish I was home now. I would go tuh de stadium even if ah doh have ah ticket tuh stand out side de gate in mih black. 

JW probably reading dis and laughing "look how de fraid meh" You all are giving him to much power. Right now you already give him alyuh mind.  He in alyuh head once he deh de battle already lost.

Get him out yuh head and put de players (present and future)in yuh hearts. Those who fail tuh try........ ;)

Tuh me this is like looking at ah woman getting rape and every one just standing there saying "it eh right but he is we boxing champ so I eh go help she. He might hit meh or never box for we country again."
THIINK ABOUT IT  :o

I believe this is ah great idea. When MLK wanted to march many brought doubts, many had fears of the white man, many lost what they held precious. It did not stop the peaceful protest and the result from the one decision is evident today.

We can not stand by and let this reign of terror continue.

Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 07, 2008, 07:16:15 AM »
i thought id hold back... buh really

occoner, where de f**k yuh bin eh?

you have ticket tuh collect like ah fin with ah heavy foot and ah fast car.

Bin hidin wid Bin laden  :D

What is de vibes my brother..

PS. I dont have the Beer Waggon ( 306 Hatchback ) no  more.

dont worry i ahev meh own ting now... but ah hope yuh out fuh good now eh.

we go linx.

Ah boy, look how hitching ah ride with jeffers.. Ah could drink all I want now without having to worry bout driving.. Lovely..

Yeah O Conner nice to hear from yuh again.  Yuh was the first man to introduce mih around in the first WN family in Marvin Lee Stadium.  But after reading Jefferz earlier post...if yuh hitch a ride with him allyuh might end up parking around West Mall and hadda walk the rest of the way, cause he say he paying *&#$ for parking  ;D

Quagmire, take a chance friend, trust mih, yuh bound to get tickets.  I know a couple men who order they full alotment, and ah know they ent have need for all them tickets.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 07, 2008, 07:39:17 AM »
Yuh was the first man to introduce mih around in the first WN family in Marvin Lee Stadium. 
and now man cyar do widout ya Fish Broth  ;)
you is ah institution, oui
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 07, 2008, 07:42:04 AM »
Man ah go say it like dis who scared tuh stand up fuh de rights is ah bunch ah punks. Scared of ah lil ruff up :o

Lets not forget of the main ting here. Is not tuh go see dis team play England that is an added pleasure. It is to protest the treatment of our heros and the monarchy that treatening the future by distroying the past and present for thier own gain.

We are afraid to stand up for our own beliefs, we should not dispite of the persons power or position. Martin was not afraid to walk dispite of the police brutality, and the student in (ah cyah spell it) Tiamin ??? square was not afraid of lock up and de tanks. We more concern bout seeing de game. I really don't believe what I am reading here. I wish I was home now. I would go tuh de stadium even if ah doh have ah ticket tuh stand out side de gate in mih black. 

JW probably reading dis and laughing "look how de fraid meh" You all are giving him to much power. Right now you already give him alyuh mind.  He in alyuh head once he deh de battle already lost.

Get him out yuh head and put de players (present and future)in yuh hearts. Those who fail tuh try........ ;)

Tuh me this is like looking at ah woman getting rape and every one just standing there saying "it eh right but he is we boxing champ so I eh go help she. He might hit meh or never box for we country again."
THIINK ABOUT IT  :o

I believe this is ah great idea. When MLK wanted to march many brought doubts, many had fears of the white man, many lost what they held precious. It did not stop the peaceful protest and the result from the one decision is evident today.

We can not stand by and let this reign of terror continue.

Friday, yuh might want to read again...because I am yet to see where anybody say dey doh want to wear black because they fraid Jack or fraid 'ruff up'.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 07, 2008, 07:46:57 AM »
Allyuh...look fuh de gir who wearing red.  ;)

On second thought...never mind, doh want to collec' no bottle.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 07, 2008, 08:03:48 AM »
i kinda still dont have mines

morvant promise meh one but i on the market for two more .........my whole family watchin meh bad face cuz dem say i is the football man in the house and i shoulda handle d seen

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 07, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »
hmmm...it possible..
but i doubt he could stop ppls comin in with them kinda nos.
if so his ass should be sued

these bitches figure they could do what they want with their money regardless if it right or wrong
but i eh seein them barring anyone from entering with a black jersey so

cause no matter what, not everyone is going to wear red or white as the case may be
cause i hear they calling for ppls to wear white since England rocking the red kit.
so if come with a red kit or even if i come in a outside colour like blue, what them gonna do?
i will be surprised if he able to even pull that off

jack need to mess with the wrong person who will take his ass to court one day

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 07, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »
edit that....take his ass to court and win! lol

1]; } ?>