April 26, 2024, 11:35:41 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 288171 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ticketing information for the T&T vs England June 1.
« Reply #570 on: May 07, 2008, 09:53:42 AM »
Anyone who paying via Credit Card get a call yet?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 07, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »
SM come to think bout it I eh get ah email yet.... :waiting:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #572 on: May 07, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
omar and touches both had interestin arguements.

but at this point i gunna go ahead and wear black simply because it eh in de england flag... is de one colour we have that they dont and i just know i not conformin to wearin white, ah thought of that from the start... its ridiculous that we're not wearing red during our biggest match on T&T soil next to the Bahrain match self.

it's f**kery and im not givin in... i dont care how hopeless.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 07, 2008, 10:15:07 AM »
D press release say once u get your order  etc u get through check d release
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 07, 2008, 10:52:19 AM »

.....is just that the nice lady on de phone say ah woulda get ah email within 48 hours....but in any event ah goh just bide mih time till de 18th....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 07, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »
allya serious?

ALL Jackula have to say is
"Allya in de UK, allya see all dem black shirts.......dem is MY PEOPLE.........supporting me here in TnT ever since Haiti" ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 07, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
Once you go BLACK, Jack can't turn you BACK  ;D

BLACK is Beautiful  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 07, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »
my whole family watchin meh bad face cuz dem say i is the football man in the house and i shoulda handle d seen

I doh blame them...my family call me monday morning 7:45 to ask if i organise them yet...and to be honest i didn't even mention nuttin to them, but they know who to turn to.

I get thru 3pm that day, but iat least i get thru and i have a printed invoice to prove it. I still doh trust them tho...something could always go wrong and tickets could get ''lost'' or re-allocated.

I hear all d Ministers get brace and were told they have to apply thru normal means, although u sure to see Panday in the VIP.

Then Jack turn around and say he want the stadium for free...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #578 on: May 07, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »

.....is just that the nice lady on de phone say ah woulda get ah email within 48 hours....but in any event ah goh just bide mih time till de 18th....

Check your junk mail folder, dats where i got mine..... or u cud go back onto ttffonline.com and pull up your account, and print the invoice from there also...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
English Hooligans vs. Trini Posse
« Reply #579 on: May 07, 2008, 01:10:16 PM »
Those going to be around POS and the game on the weekend, british hooligans club/firm is coming to cause trouble with allyuh.  Ma cousin in the british navy told me over the phone about his shipmate knows a club name the paul dod club is coming and aware of the legality of free alcohol possession in the streets and unlaws in that "3rd world naton".  I would advise mr manning and warner alert high security in POS that weekend cuz how would you feel about a bunch a drunk british hooligans harrassing we and mash up we beautiful country.  you know that will cause a fight if they pick one of we trini's that dont take chupidness.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: English Hooligans vs. Trini Posse
« Reply #580 on: May 07, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »
Those going to be around POS and the game on the weekend, british hooligans club/firm is coming to cause trouble with allyuh.  Ma cousin in the british navy told me over the phone about his shipmate knows a club name the paul dod club is coming and aware of the legality of free alcohol possession in the streets and unlaws in that "3rd world naton".  I would advise mr manning and warner alert high security in POS that weekend cuz how would you feel about a bunch a drunk british hooligans harrassing we and mash up we beautiful country.  you know that will cause a fight if they pick one of we trini's that dont take chupidness.

Stupes, for dey own good, dem English farts better no wha time it is, dis eh friggin Europe nah.... let dem go dong in d promenade and harass d wrong set a man nah, is level bullet in dey arse ...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 07, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »
this all i can find about this so call bad john paul dodd club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thepauldoddclub/

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 07, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
Doh follow rumours...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #583 on: May 07, 2008, 01:33:29 PM »

I hear all d Ministers get brace and were told they have to apply thru normal means, although u sure to see Panday in the VIP.

Then Jack turn around and say he want the stadium for free...

So the ministers have to get in free to get use of the stadium?

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 07, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »
Eh nuttin a few big stone and cutlass cah fix.  Them fellas go bahave man.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Capello happy with England target
« Reply #585 on: May 07, 2008, 01:55:50 PM »
Fabio Capello believes ambitious targets set for him by the Football Association are achievable.

The Italian is expected to lead England to at least the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup or Euro 2012 as part of the FA's four-year strategic vision.

And despite England's failure to reach Euro 2008, Capello says the targets have not put him under undue pressure.

"We must be positive and my personal objective in every team I have coached was to go to the top," he said.

"I am not under any pressure. It's no problem for me and it's no surprise these targets have been set. I believe that it's important to have these targets and to work towards them.

"We should all be confident of this because the team I have at the moment is capable of reaching these objectives."
Capello led England to a 2-1 victory over Switzerland in his first game in charge in February, but this was followed by a lacklustre 1-0 defeat away to France.

Both games were friendlies and the 61-year-old Capello will not get his first taste of competitive action until the World Cup qualifiers in September.

Before then England have further friendlies lined up with the United States, Trinidad and Tobago and the Czech Republic and Capello is likely to continue to experiment as he searches for a permanent captain.

FA chairman Lord Triesman insists the targets, imposed after an extensive review by English football's governing body, are realistic.

"We've got to work fast in order to get into tournaments and get through at least to the semi-finals, preferably win them," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I'm no different from anyone else, I want us to win them, but I want us to at least make the final mix where you are playing the Brazilians or the Italians or where you are really in against the sides at the top.

"It's not only an immediate thing but it's a middle-term thing. Just doing it once wouldn't be good enough."

The FA's review also recommended the appointment of an international performance director and approved plans to have the National Football Centre (NFC) at Burton up and running by 2010.

Lord Triesman said that whoever takes up the role of performance director will not be Capello's boss, but will be charged with looking after the teams directly beneath the senior side.

"I want the very best person we can get and my clear preference is for someone who is English, if we can find the right person who can do it," he said.

"We need someone who understands sports performance but I feel strongly that unless that person understands football performance as well, they will not be able to do the job properly.

"The performance director needs to be able to understand what it is among our competitors that makes them so successful.

You look around the world at other countries who have done well tournament after tournament, such as Brazil, Italy and Germany and we have to make sure we learn everything they are doing."

Capello backed plans for the NFC, which he believes will play a major part in the development of talented young players.

"It is important to have a centre, to have a home - a place where we can go back and be together, spend time together, feel the spirit of the shirt we are wearing, regroup and achieve the targets that we want to achieve," he said.

"As we all know, only 38% of players in the Premier League are English.

"But having said, that there are lot of young players at the Under-21 level and younger that are very good so there is plenty of talent."

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Need Tickets for T&T vs Eng clash
« Reply #586 on: May 07, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
Ah know it a lil premature as man eh get tickets yet in hand, but if anyone have extra tickets to sell from their orders, ah need to get 2 for some family members... you cud send me a pm to make arrangements...

Thanks

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Need Tickets for T&T vs Eng clash
« Reply #587 on: May 07, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »
Ah know it a lil premature as man eh get tickets yet in hand, but if anyone have extra tickets to sell from their orders, ah need to get 2 for some family members... you cud send me a pm to make arrangements...

Thanks
+
scalping is illegal so dont pm me and ask me for mine !!! :angel:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 07, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »
Somebody send out a SOS for Sam  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
Hooligans in Europe, not just the UK always have some sort of plan for their actions. Much of their violence is linked to or aimed at like minded opposing fans or heavyhanded policing. It's much more rewarding for them to kick off in Europe as these criteria are much easier to get there. How often have you seen UK hooligans scrapping outside of Europe in the past..........never! They also prefer Europe as the local authorities usually just deport them.....for all these reasons I can't see why or the point of Hooligans wasting their energy to kick off in T&T.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Need Tickets for T&T vs Eng clash
« Reply #590 on: May 07, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »

Thanks
+
scalping is illegal so dont pm me and ask me for mine !!! :angel:

I eh encouraging the scalping ting, ah know man does buy ticket to carry dey woman, and den BRAPS!! Dey find out she was flexing dey brother...and all of a sudden mite have a extra ticket available ...so if da happen, ah willing to buy the ticket for meh family and take away some of d pain yuh suffer by puttin a lil extra some some in dey pockey nah...  ;D

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2008, 03:05:17 PM »
Hooligans in Europe, not just the UK always have some sort of plan for their actions. Much of their violence is linked to or aimed at like minded opposing fans or heavyhanded policing. It's much more rewarding for them to kick off in Europe as these criteria are much easier to get there. How often have you seen UK hooligans scrapping outside of Europe in the past..........never! They also prefer Europe as the local authorities usually just deport them.....for all these reasons I can't see why or the point of Hooligans wasting their energy to kick off in T&T.

In that website said those people are already banned from other european countries because what they have done.  So i guess the will take this opportunity to finally go to another country to an england game. just hope customs know about this to block them

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2008, 03:10:24 PM »
Is about time that we just reopen Nelson Island jail and send all our Trinidad gansters and British football hooligans to live together. That is the message manning needs.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 07, 2008, 03:11:42 PM »

In that website said those people are already banned from other european countries because what they have done.  So i guess the will take this opportunity to finally go to another country to an england game. just hope customs know about this to block them

British police are the strictest in Europe when it comes to monitoring their countries Hooligan element. Wherever and whoever England play they always liaise with the local police to update on and tackle threats. Not saying it has no chance of happening but it is extremely unlikely.

Plus, the fact that you say they are banned from most european countries means the UK police already have them on the hooligan database..most on the database aren't allowed out the country around the time of an England away game anyway.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 03:16:28 PM by Rodney »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 07, 2008, 03:13:10 PM »
Is about time that we just reopen Nelson Island jail and send all our Trinidad gansters and British football hooligans to live together. That is the message manning needs.
nelson island wasnt a jail padna u mean carrera and carrera still open. nelson island was where immigrants were quarantined.

ah stand partially corrected by meh nerdy cousin...it was used briefly twice to detain prisoners

butler and again in de 70's riots...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 03:19:03 PM by Organic »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 07, 2008, 03:13:51 PM »
English = Hooligans

Trinidad = Jamet, Old Niggas, Feters, Rum corks or Rum-bos,

Wha you worried bout dem Hooligans for?....steuppes dem hooligans in for ah culture shock :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 07, 2008, 03:14:34 PM »
English = Hooligans

Trinidad = Jamet, Old Niggas, Feters, Rum corks or Rum-bos,

Wha you worried bout dem Hooligans for?....steuppes dem hooligans in for ah culture shock :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
yuh forget bush coolies

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 07, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »
:rotfl: Man, as uncultured, riotous and decidedly dutty as dem Ritish fans can choose to be, dey know better dan to mess wit certain people. Ah hear de Russians done settin' dem STRAIGHT fuh CL Final (somebody start a tread 'bout dat fuh meh) and dey know not to come T&T and ackkup.
  Yuh feel dem British eh know 'bout Lavantee......and Morvant....and Tunapuna.....and Barataria.....and Four Roads.....and Maloney.....and La Horqueta....and Point Fortin.....and JACKULA?!?! :devil: 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 07, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »
when u see a brit and they ask for directions to the national stadium, put dem in a cab that will take them up the hill in gonsalves/laventille and leave them dey.

Offline danellon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 07, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »
Anyone who paying via Credit Card get a call yet?

I got a call back yesterday afternoon from the TTFF Accounts Department about 3:30 pm. They asked me to verify the code given to me when I ordered the ticket. Once verified, I gave them my CC details and the person informed me that I can collect my tickets on the 18th May where I would have to give them the code again in order to get the tickets.
I checked my credit card account a couple hours afterwards and it was charged for the amount of ticket I ordered.
So everything seems set. Lets hope all goes smoothly on collection day.

1]; } ?>