March 28, 2024, 11:11:54 PM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 284963 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #750 on: May 15, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »

u know what, i going back in the thread to see who start up this talk about Jack banning ppl wearing black.

it just takes one person to sow the seeds of discontent

Fella you juss being ah jackass now... which is somewhat surprising, but maybe that's just your true personality coming to the fore.

Throughout the entire thread I have argued vociferously in favor of people wearing black in the stadium.  I simply threw in the caveat for folks to be careful in case Jack was feeling extra vindictive on that day...I put nothing beyond the man.

I really don't know what "seeds of discontent" you're talking about but good luck with your new found crusade.

lol, i ain't even check yet, but i'm guessing it's u, lol  :devil: look ting

Bakes like he have a guilty conscience but it was really Quagmire who bring it up first.

But like I said earlier and Fl! emphasize. If you get stopped because of your shirt...that is a HUGE deal. I telling you, you will become rich.

I will sue the stadium management, the security company, the TTFF, the TTFA, the 2010 S. Africa LOC, the TTFF Centennial Celebrations organising committee, Jack Warner personally (because I will find a way to prove that this attack on his person is the only motive behind which I would get banned), the government (if any police or army intervene when i start to get on bad for my civil rights).

And then I will serialise it to BBC and Sky...

So like I said, I wearing black and I WISH they try and stop me.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

truetrini

« Reply #751 on: May 15, 2008, 01:28:03 PM »
I with ypu spidey, and I want one ah dem shirts Bakes have in he signature too!

I like dat bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 15, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »
I with ypu spidey, and I want one ah dem shirts Bakes have in he signature too!

I like dat bad!

Yours on de way...doh worry  :beermug:

...and check yuh phone

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 15, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »
Fellas..

How this sounding for the group?

Ah giving allyuh till midnight to butcher it...

Subsequent to their excellent performance at the 2006 World Cup that made us all so proud, our beloved Soca Warriors have been put through an almighty struggle by the TTFF.

Having been promised a 50% share of all revenues accrued from the tournament, our warriors were presented with a mere $5000TT per player for their efforts.

It has since been revealed that the TTFF pocketed $173M TT in revenue from the World Cup leading to an on-going bonus dispute between the TTFF and the players.

The culmination of this was the imposing of a blacklist on our Soca Warriors, barring them from representing us and retarding the progress of Trinidad & Tobago football. Even though the TTFF has since publicly ended the blacklist, most of the Soca Warriors engaged in the legal dispute are still being marginalized and victimized by the federation. This can only be detrimental towards our efforts to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

Now is your chance as a fan of the beloved Soca Warriors to show your support.

June 1st, 2008. Trinidad & Tobago versus England.

Wear black to show your disapproval of the TTFF administration and your support for the blacklisted Warriors!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 15, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
I'm not sure if its worth it to go into the details about the dispute.
For one, its sub judice, thogh technically, arbitration might not be considered "court".

Secondly, once you get into the details you upening yourself to a certain amount of criticism that is best be avoided (let the players lawyers handle that)

Thirdly, for me, this isn't simply about the blacklist, exblacklist, brownlist.
This thing going on long time now, and it pass from Burnt Boots to the overselling of the Stadium, to them sending the PFL all Stars to play Jamaica and blaze we tail and having FIFA card it as an official match with it big big on the internet for everybody to see it, the lack of transparency, the financial mismanagement, the impersonation of a Haitian football official by one of Jack's cronies, the Simpaul Saga, the U17 World Cup catering and accomodation debacle, the phantom friendlies, (some might say, the Wim episode), and the blacklist..

Some would say is all Jack fault. Maybe. But it have plenty men who stand up and let him continue to do it. I don't believe JAck is evil incarnate, in all seriousness, and that with enough checks and balances, he could really have done/do good for the sport in this country without doing all the bad.

At the end of the day, is all about the way we administer the sport in this country. The Caudillo scene have to done. Basically we are all fed up of a "third world administration" of the sport we all love, in a country that claims to be moving towards another status.

I know you can't put all that on a tee shirt or on a facebook invitation. And the anti-blacklist stance might be the easy way to galvanise support. But is to get the sense across to the non enlightened that is not because we get to two world cup in two years that all is well. They need to realise that there's something seriously rotten in the Kingdom of the Trinidad and Tobago Football, and that it will only get worse unless someone does something to MAKE the TTFF take care of it.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 15, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
I'm not sure if its worth it to go into the details about the dispute.
For one, its sub judice, thogh technically, arbitration might not be considered "court".

Secondly, once you get into the details you upening yourself to a certain amount of criticism that is best be avoided (let the players lawyers handle that)

Thirdly, for me, this isn't simply about the blacklist, exblacklist, brownlist.
This thing going on long time now, and it pass from Burnt Boots to the overselling of the Stadium, to them sending the PFL all Stars to play Jamaica and blaze we tail and having FIFA card it as an official match with it big big on the internet for everybody to see it, the lack of transparency, the financial mismanagement, the impersonation of a Haitian football official by one of Jack's cronies, the Simpaul Saga, the U17 World Cup catering and accomodation debacle, the phantom friendlies, (some might say, the Wim episode), and the blacklist..

Some would say is all Jack fault. Maybe. But it have plenty men who stand up and let him continue to do it. I don't believe JAck is evil incarnate, in all seriousness, and that with enough checks and balances, he could really have done/do good for the sport in this country without doing all the bad.

At the end of the day, is all about the way we administer the sport in this country. The Caudillo scene have to done. Basically we are all fed up of a "third world administration" of the sport we all love, in a country that claims to be moving towards another status.

I know you can't put all that on a tee shirt or on a facebook invitation. And the anti-blacklist stance might be the easy way to galvanise support. But is to get the sense across to the non enlightened that is not because we get to two world cup in two years that all is well. They need to realise that there's something seriously rotten in the Kingdom of the Trinidad and Tobago Football, and that it will only get worse unless someone does something to MAKE the TTFF take care of it.

alright midnight i feeling what yuh saying there...

but a lil suggestion would be nice too..

midnight yuh have till midnight..

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 15, 2008, 08:38:31 PM »
I finding it hard to read so I changed it
obviously a Very Minor point on my part  ;)

Subsequent to their excellent performance at the 2006 World Cup that made us all so proud, our beloved Soca Warriors have been put through an almighty struggle by the TTFF.

Having been promised a 50% share of all revenues accrued from the tournament, our warriors were presented with a mere $5000TT per player for their efforts.

It has since been revealed that the TTFF pocketed $173M TT in revenue from the World Cup leading to an on-going bonus dispute between the TTFF and the players.

The culmination of this was the imposing of a blacklist on our Soca Warriors, barring them from representing us and retarding the progress of Trinidad & Tobago football. Even though the TTFF has since publicly ended the blacklist, most of the Soca Warriors engaged in the legal dispute are still being marginalized and victimized by the federation. This can only be detrimental towards our efforts to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

June 1st, 2008. Trinidad & Tobago versus England.

Wear black to show your disapproval of the TTFF administration and your support for the blacklisted Warriors!

Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 15, 2008, 08:52:38 PM »
Nice goin Omar especially 4 a man who eh go b dey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 15, 2008, 09:14:10 PM »
alright midnight i feeling what yuh saying there...
but a lil suggestion would be nice too..
midnight yuh have till midnight..
Yeah well you know what they say about those who can ...and those who can't. It kind of late for me to find a way to synthesize all that but I have another idea.

June 1st, 2008. Trinidad & Tobago versus England. Not only does the vendetta against the Soca Warriors continue, but in a coincidence of symbolism, while the adversary of the day sports red - for the benefit of the English team's sponsors - Trinidad and Tobago will be playing at home in its white "away" kit. This magnanimous display of football diplomacy is afforded to our opponents while the TTFF villifies our heros and does everything in its power to ensure that they do not receive their due.
For what is promising to be a sold out event, the TTFF is encouraging patrons to don white. On this day, our crimson clad Soca Warriors will become the enemy and we will be enlisted to whitewash their legacy, serving unwarily as the TTFF's rubber stamp in the process.

On June 1st 2008, wear black to show your disapproval of the TTFF administration and your support for the blacklisted Warriors!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:49:45 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs England Tickets to be collected at Marvin Lee Stadium
« Reply #759 on: May 15, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
D plans lookin real good on paper
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 15, 2008, 09:45:53 PM »
omar post de name of de group if yuh put it on facebook so i cud join and encourage others too
Back in Trini...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 15, 2008, 09:52:19 PM »
How is this for a final draft..

First they renegued on their promises for the players' share of revenues.

Then they grossly misrepresented the income.

The result was an on-going bonus dispute between the TTFF and the players, culminating in a blacklist on our Soca Warriors, barring them from representing us and retarding the progress of Trinidad & Tobago football.

Even though the TTFF has since publicly ended the blacklist, most of the Soca Warriors engaged in the legal dispute are still being sidelined and victimized by the federation. This can only be detrimental towards our efforts to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

June 1st, 2008. Hasely Crawford Stadium. Trinidad & Tobago versus England.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 15, 2008, 09:57:53 PM »
How is this for a final draft..

First they renegued on their promises for the players' share of revenues.

Then they grossly misrepresented the income.

The result was an on-going bonus dispute between the TTFF and the players, culminating in a blacklist on our Soca Warriors, barring them from representing us and retarding the progress of Trinidad & Tobago football.

Even though the TTFF has since publicly ended the blacklist, most of the Soca Warriors engaged in the legal dispute are still being sidelined and victimized by the federation. This can only be detrimental towards our efforts to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

June 1st, 2008. Hasely Crawford Stadium. Trinidad & Tobago versus England.

ah go take it you find de little soliloquy on the white/red symbolism too wordy/deep/superfluous/detailed/abstract/fill in blank. No scene.

I much prefer this version to the first though.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 15, 2008, 10:06:08 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 15, 2008, 10:20:58 PM »
'Reneged'.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 15, 2008, 10:29:31 PM »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs England Tickets to be collected at Marvin Lee Stadium
« Reply #766 on: May 15, 2008, 11:54:04 PM »
hhmmm i hope this doh turn into a mess nah

ALL d tickets...on ONE day?!?! dem real wicked yes
ppls might be outta d country, or even in Tobago for example
shoulda do it over teh 2 days...

and study ma side playing a couple practice games that very morning at the Marvin Lee...lol
hope we get a park!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #767 on: May 16, 2008, 07:30:26 AM »
Bradley calls out the troops

USA roster for England game

GOALKEEPERS: Dominic Cervi (out of contract), Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Tim Howard (Everton/ENG), Troy Perkins (Valerenga/NOR), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake).

DEFENDERS: Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham/ENG), Dan Califf (FC Midtjylland/DEN), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96/GER), Jay DeMerit (Watford/ENG), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard Liege/BEL), Michael Orozco (San Luis/MEX), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock/GER), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United/ENG).

MIDFIELDERS: Freddy Adu (Benfica/POR), DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers/SCO), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen/NED), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County/ENG), Eddie Gaven (Columbus Crew), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Eddie Lewis (Derby County/ENG), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids).

FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore (New York Red Bulls), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Kenny Cooper (FC Dallas), Clint Dempsey (Fulham/ENG), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Nate Jaqua (out of contract), Eddie Johnson (Fulham/ENG), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), Josh Wolff (1860 Munich/GER).

May 28 -- England vs. USA (Wembley Stadium) TV: ESPN Classic -- 3 pm ET; Galavision -- 7 pm ET/PT (delay).

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 16, 2008, 07:55:49 AM »
T&T vs England

STARTERS:

Clayton Ince
Osei Telesford, Keyeno Thomas, Dennis Lawrence, Kern Cupid
Carlos Edwards, Aurtis Whitley, Khaleem Hyland, Keon Daniel
Kenwyne Jones, Stern John

SUBS:

Ancil Farrier, Akile Edwards, Kareem Smith, Kevon Carter, Kevaughn Connell, Jerol Forbes, Darryl Roberts, Jan Michael Williams, Ataullah Guerra.

SUBS In FOR:

Connell for Daniel
Forbes for John
Roberts for Jones
Carter for Edwards
Guerra for Hyland
Williams for Ince
A.Edwards for Cupid
Farrier for Telesford

PLAYERS DROPPED:

Marvin Phillip, Akeem Adams, Stephan David, Jamal Gay, Anton Pierre, Makan Hislop.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:03:22 AM by Flex »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lewwe talk tactics for the England game
« Reply #769 on: May 16, 2008, 09:13:30 AM »
First of all let us not kid ourselves.

The T&T team that takes the pitch at the Hasely Crawford stadium will be vastly overmatched in every position on the pitch with the single exception of Kenwyne Jones.

The gulf in quality player for player is that big.

But I believe we can match them if the right tactics are employed.

England are coming to the restaurant with a new chef but they still cooking with the same basic ingredients. Their play is still unimaginative and their players barring a few exceptions are predictable. They rarely ever try to take on players; you won't see individual brilliance being expressed; they wont confuffle the opposition. They all operate within their limitations.

The major threats from England are from crosses with Beckham/Bentley/Joe Cole who provide quality aerial service and from being able to spring quick counter attacks. Also on the wings, pacy, skillful players like Young, Walcott, Agbonlahor could be a big danger as we saw in the World Cup.

IMO, to match them, I think we have to play a deep and discipline back four that would negate their ability to get opportunities on the counter attack.  We have to let them come into our half and keep men behind the ball and not get caught out of position like we did in Germany. We have to invite them to try to work for openings against our defense as they lack creativity. The central midfielders have to close down Lampard and Gerrard from shooting from outside.

Attacking-wise we need to play to our strengths. Get the ball quickly to Kenwyne and stern and let the hold up the play and get our midfield coming into it. Also we need good deliveries from Carlos and Daniel on the wings. On the set pieces, if we have Tallest, Stern and Kenwyne in the box we could outmatch them for height and nick something if the delivery is good.

We not beating them, but I think we could give a respectable performance if the right tactics are employed.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 16, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »
omar...ya plan sounding like ya tinking of damage control from the get go!???

is a friendly, nothing to lose..

i eh sayin we could run them and pass all around them...thas jus being ignorant and naiive at the same tiem
but to sit back and jus wait...
Lampard and Gerrard to have shooting praCTICE? lampard was off in WC...but we know he still deadly from outside...as well as Gerrard..he eh test Shaka as much as he should have in that WC game...

i eh tink we should do that sit back and wait story...it go be like backs and forwards whole game...and then long ball to kenwyne and stern.
the SAME thing that does kill both of dem strikers...ya cah run shuttles whole game

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 16, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »
what u sayin there reminding of the game i see at the end of the season.
Boro vs Sunderland..

that was one of the ugliest games i see and sunderland was jus boom kicking d ball and hopin kenwyne save dem
d man have real fight...but to ask him to do that against england defense....nah..madness
man like Rio ferdinand who looking like one of the most in form stoppers this yr too eh
and that hard for me to say being a Chelsea fan...
but d man on point

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 16, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »

Official Supporter T Shirt of TnT vs England ?  :-\

http://www.tuftt.com/

Somebody get a contract...and it's in white...and there are baby tees for the ladies...we hadda hook up a black baby tee.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 16, 2008, 12:34:43 PM »
Brownsugar? Bake n Shark? We getting baby-t's in the designs we have in mind?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #774 on: May 16, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »

Somebody get a contract...and it's in white...and there are baby tees for the ladies...we hadda hook up a black baby tee.

Is this a ttgaper's enterprise? That's the website I get to when I click through. I would have thought ttgapers would be partial to the "wear black" cause based on the content of their blog. They should consider a black version.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 16, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »
I not familair with them but if somebody here is we can contact them to print a black option. I sure it will sell quicker than the white.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 16, 2008, 12:42:30 PM »

Is this a ttgaper's enterprise? That's the website I get to when I click through. I would have thought ttgapers would be partial to the "wear black" cause based on the content of their blog. They should consider a black version.

well the fact that they claim to be the 'official t shirt' leads me to presume that they've paid some money for those rights....most prob to the TTFF, so i find it unlikely that they would print black, when the TTFF has publicly stated that fans should wear white
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #777 on: May 16, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »

well the fact that they claim to be the 'official t shirt' leads me to presume that they've paid some money for those rights....most prob to the TTFF, so i find it unlikely that they would print black, when the TTFF has publicly stated that fans should wear white

Maybe, I take "official" with a grain of salt. We had at least a dozen "official" songs for the World Cup, too.
gapers is a poster on here - I'm sure they'll let us know the deal.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 16, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »
Omar breds let it just play out on the field nah.

Yuh saying the English ent have no creativity, dont take on players, no individual brilliance, operate within limitations.

Breds that is against men who as good or better than them.

We cyar let them come in our half ATALL. it ent have no sit back and let them open us up because they can knock the ball. They all can light up Ince with some 30 yard bullet.

Ince will be we saviour in this game. He have to be on point.

England can only dangerous if they have the ball. So we have to keep possession and play basic. either that or put 9 men behind the ball and boom kick it for Kenwyne and Stern to do it alone.

Alyuh men ent realise it have no tacklers or Blade men on this  TT team. No me mum, avery, cyd. The physical presence is lacking. All we have as a work horse is a lame Carlos edwards and a bad mind whitley who go have they work cut out for them.

As Big Mag say, that Germany team was special....all dem fellas was seasoned pros and put in some hard shift...this is a different grap we dealing with.

Let us not predict no score...let us just play cautious, take our chances when it comes and play with blood in our shoes. We will keep it respectable.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 16, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »
Brownsugar? Bake n Shark? We getting baby-t's in the designs we have in mind?

Long time...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:40:51 PM by Bake n Shark »

1]; } ?>