March 28, 2024, 06:12:13 PM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 284942 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 06:50:08 PM »
Of course is d mudder of all fete matches but it all part of WC 2018 so take a chill pill. After d game go Nylon pool and see where Princess Maggie went on she honeymoon
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »
Guys,
         All yuh realize taht this will be the third time we playing an English national team on TT soil.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 08:52:12 PM »
Guys,
         All yuh realize taht this will be the third time we playing an English national team on TT soil.

Actually pre-independence there were more matches. In 1955 for example they send an English FA team and we lost so bad they decided they needed to form a British West Indies Football Control Board. That was inagurated in 1956 in Jamaica, but I'm not sure how long it lasted - if it even lasted until independence in '62.

From four matches that played in 1955 here are the scores (don't have the exact dates of each match):

1-0
6-0
8-1
8-0

That was after we sent a team to England in 1953.

That's from an article in the "Trinidad Evening News"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »
Guys,
Actually pre-independence there were more matches. In 1955 for example they send an English FA team and we lost so bad they decided they needed to form a British West Indies Football Control Board. That was inagurated in 1956 in Jamaica, but I'm not sure how long it lasted - if it even lasted until independence in '62.
From four matches that played in 1955 here are the scores (don't have the exact dates of each match):
1-0
6-0
8-1
8-0
That was after we sent a team to England in 1953.
That's from an article in the "Trinidad Evening News"
oh gaum
boutou did fly then ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2008, 09:09:52 PM »
E-man,
            Thanks for the correction. I remember in 69 they sent an amateur(under the table pros) to TT. They tie 0-0 in the Oval and they beat TT  2-0 in Skinner park. In the Oval the squad was( if my memory serves me right) Jean Mouttet, Tyronne Delabastide(capt), Selwyn Murren?, George Romano, Errol Sebro, Ken Butcher, Ian Bain, Roger Mathews, Buggy Haynes, Lincoln Delandro. I can't remember the rest of the team. E-man contact Guardian or Express for the rest.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 12:11:38 PM »
dis would be  good game still cuz tnt players would get some needed press to the world cuz nuff coverage will come from this game...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
England game most likely off
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 07:52:19 PM »
just heard on news that Spain has been expelled from the Euro..
And guess who is taking their place alongside Russia....

This was on CNC3.
Hope its a super all fools joke...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England game most likely off
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 07:53:55 PM »
Must be another April fools joke

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »
has to be a joke that news would have been on bbc football already
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:00:23 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 07:56:56 PM »
not seeing anything on FIFA website either...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 08:06:12 PM »
"England game most likely off"...is now you know that

OH....... do you mean the June 1st Match in TnT ??? :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »
There was actually talk about Spain getting expelled because of govt involvement in their football
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 08:09:45 PM »

This was on CNC3.

Nice try. If Spain was indeed barred from participating, the team in line to replace them would be Northern Ireland.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »
Bull sh!t!! just got off bbc and nothing! so yuh mean to tell meh that CNC3 does get news about England before the BBC.   small mag beat yuh to it bro ! stop trying!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:16:19 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »
only thing I found was on goal.com and I doh believe anything from this site

England Going To Euro 2008 In Place Of Spain
Spain have been sensationally expelled from this summer’s European Championships due to political reasons, and have been replaced by England.

Several weeks ago Spain were warned by FIFA and UEFA that they risked suspension from international competition due to political interference in their FA’s elections. 

Football’s main governing bodies were up in arms over the Spanish government's request for the (Real Federación Española de Fútbol) RFEF to conduct its elections prior to the Beijing Olympics, as all non-competing Spanish sports organisations must do.

The RFEF, however, has previously operated with four-year terms of administration, with the next election correctly slated for November. 

Spain refused to take the threat from FIFA and UEFA seriously, and they have now paid the ultimate price by being thrown out of Euro 2008. 

“We warned the Spanish government very clearly, through their Sports Council (CSD), that if they continue to interfere in footballing affairs that they will have to recognise that their national team will be excluded from international tournaments,” explained FIFA President Sepp Blatter. 

“They have deliberately and completely ignored our warnings and so we are left with no choice but to pull them out from Euro 2008.” 

Spain’s place at Austria and Switzerland has been taken by England, who are the highest ranked nation who did not qualify for the tournament. 

“Spain have been replaced by England, due to the fact that they are the highest ranked nation not in the Euros,” stated Blatter. 

“The football community welcome Fabio Capello’s squad, and we hope they will grasp this second-chance with both hands.” 

England will be in Group D, alongside European Champions Greece, Sweden, and Russia, who ironically pipped them to qualification originally. 

The Three Lions’ first game of the tournament will in fact be against Russia at the Tivoli-Neu Stadion in Innsbruck on June 10. 

England will be hoping for a repeat of Euro 92’, when Denmark were entered into the tournament late in the day after Yugoslavia had also been thrown out due to political reasons. 

Denmark went on to win the tournament, beating Germany in the final in Gothenburg 2-0.   

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=642831

Més que un club.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 09:30:58 PM »
De author of dat article is signed as "April Fool, Goal.com"

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2008, 10:25:33 PM »
Ey yo i planning my whole f**king big trip around this shit yaknow  doh f**k around guys .
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:08:43 PM by Quagmire »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2008, 10:59:21 PM »

This was on CNC3.

Nice try. If Spain was indeed barred from participating, the team in line to replace them would be Northern Ireland.

Good call - I had already checked that out when the Spain story broke.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:40 PM »

This was on CNC3.

Boss when yuh say good call what you mean ? that the article correct , or it's false and the game still orn.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2008, 02:53:23 AM »

This was on CNC3.

Boss when yuh say good call what you mean ? that the article correct , or it's false and the game still orn.

lol
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 04:43:21 AM »
Quagmire - u planning your whoe trip around this?
U do realise that u are directly planning your whole trip around the TTFF right? (assuming that the Euro story is indeed a hoax).

Until that game kick off I will believe it.
I will not put it past jack to even sell tickets for the game and then announce last minute that England get caught up in something else - save your tickets, it will be valid for...

This is the TTFF we dealing with, so plan carefully.
I only talking from their track record..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 04:52:04 AM by Trini »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »

This was on CNC3.

lol

I was referring to N. Ireland being the replacement in the Euro.

That said, until England arrives in POS I wouldn't place any bets.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Star England footballers to meet the underprivileged
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »
Star England footballers to meet the underprivileged.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

Wednesday, April 2 2008

MEMBERS OF the England football team, who are expected to play Trinidad and Tobago in a friendly football international on June 1, to commemorate the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) 100th anniversary, will have the opportunity to work with a number of underprivileged local children at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Making this disclosure was TTFF special advisor Jack Austin Warner, during a media conference at the La Boucan Room, Trinidad Hilton, St Ann’s recently.

“Basically we shall be taking kids from Laventille and environs,” said Warner. “We shall carry them to the Marvin Lee Stadium.

“Obviously we must take some kids from Chaguanas,” Warner said, in his capacity as Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West.

“But Laventille particularly, we shall take them there and ‘bus’ them, have them there for the day, give them meals and so on. And let them work with the hope to get about 200 kids.

“And that is what we’re looking at,” added Warner, who is also the vice-president of FIFA and president of both CONCACAF and CFU.

He also plans on getting some children from the sister isle Tobago to partake in the proceedings.

“This will be decided by the Tobago FA,” Warner noted. “It’ll be a national effort, so to speak.

“It’s particularly for underprivileged kids,” he continued. “It’s not kids who have skills and so on, it’s kids who will have to look up and say ‘I was there with Beckham’.”

Last year, Warner raised the ire of members of the English Football Association when he was quoted as saying that England should not, by right, be named as the hosts of the 2018 World Cup.

“What I said then, and I say again, is that the English don’t have many friends in Europe,” he emphasised. “I wasn’t in disagreement. That wouldn’t be decided until 2011. And therefore it’s wrong and premature for me to make any kind of judgement at this time.”

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »

This was on CNC3.

lol

I was referring to N. Ireland being the replacement in the Euro.

That said, until England arrives in POS I wouldn't place any bets.

thanx .                           positive.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 11:12:16 AM »
Funny thing is, this dispute over Spain is very real.

I remember when Yugoslavia was kicked out and Denmark took their plac-and won the tournament. Football "experts" said it was due to the fact that the Danish players had a psycological advantage as they only had limited notice and therefore hadn't stressed themselves out mentally. Also, they had the attitude that they had nothing to lose. It was also considered that their opponents didn't have time to scout the Danish team for weaknesses. (Remember, there was not the global TV coverage that we now enjoy).

If Spain are removed, I have no idea if England would replace them. I'm sure there are more worthy qualifiers, although from a marketing point of view, England would be UEFAs first choice. It would also increase Europes dislike of English football!!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 01:47:55 PM »
Funny thing is, this dispute over Spain is very real.

I remember when Yugoslavia was kicked out and Denmark took their plac-and won the tournament. Football "experts" said it was due to the fact that the Danish players had a psycological advantage as they only had limited notice and therefore hadn't stressed themselves out mentally. Also, they had the attitude that they had nothing to lose. It was also considered that their opponents didn't have time to scout the Danish team for weaknesses. (Remember, there was not the global TV coverage that we now enjoy).

If Spain are removed, I have no idea if England would replace them. I'm sure there are more worthy qualifiers, although from a marketing point of view, England would be UEFAs first choice. It would also increase Europes dislike of English football!!
it would be the group runnerup..which would be Northern Ireland.
but anyway i think the Spanish got the election thing sorted out..so they'll be there..and win too

that Danish team played like a team and they wasn't even together that long..ah remember John Jensen who had a good tournament..Arsenal buy him the next year..what ah waste lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
Can any one tell me when the anouncement would be made concerning ticket sales, BC i definitly want to come for the game, and i need to make travel arrangements ASAP. if the game is off or up in the air , i hope they could tell us soon since it might make travel arrangements easier and cheaper.                                               positive.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2008, 11:30:46 PM »
Trini never been to a real game .....I want this to be my first,wont get any bigger than this man .We blackmailing England into coming .Was suppose to come for my niece wedding but ,I need to know if kakajack could pull this off ,cause I want a revenge win ,am also expecting Jack to call back Sancho and Birchall for this tilt ,with Edwards and Roberts at the side of Latas and Yorke.Feeding ball to Kenwyne and Scotland who came orn for Stern,unless he score .Then when Keon come een for latas ......ah yeah ah planning .

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How many foriegn based are making the trip for the England game ?
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
The reason for me asking, i'm trying to organize a trip for the England game ON JUNE 1ST, BC it's been a while since i've been to a warrior match, or any match for that matter, and this would be a good opportunity to break the ice, plus i have to be there in june on business.

my dilemma is , should i hold out for the england game , or should i make plans for the sure game which is the WCQ against bermuda on the 15th JUNE.

When traveling you have to plan ahead to get the best deals, and i need to start very soon or else i'll be paying an arm and a leg , plus it's the summer time and flights will be all booked on the return trip.

should i take a gamble on the england game , or should i go for the sure thing and wait for the 15th against bermuda ? WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

PS:   I don't want to book for the 1st and the game fall's through, that would mean i'll miss both games BC i'll already be commited to the dates i set and i'll have to honor it.                                           positive.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 05:25:18 PM by just cool »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: How many foriegn based are making the trip for the England game ?
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »
'' WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?''

Fire de wuk.............and yuh like football ?  ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>