April 25, 2024, 03:35:28 PM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 287859 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs England: We wearing Black!
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »
jack go come out and say that those who support him will be wearing black
changed that for you ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2008, 10:10:25 AM »
TTFF know how FPATT feel, but I'm sure they would be interested to see the feelings of the supporters.

Too right. FPATT jersyes would only make it look like FPATT pay/induce people to protest.

Much better if it comes from the average fan.

Also don't think that the WN should be involved.

Just try and get as many people to wear black as possible, email, post on message boards, take an ad in the paper. If a couple people want to wear the same jersey great but the emphasis should be on getting as many people to wear black as possible. That should be uniform and recognizable enough.

Agreed.

I still say that folks should try as much as possible to wear something with a message printed on it though...otherwise we run the risk of it being written off as being some sort of fashion statement, black being part of the national colors and all.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2008, 10:14:29 AM »
TTFF know how FPATT feel, but I'm sure they would be interested to see the feelings of the supporters.

Too right. FPATT jersyes would only make it look like FPATT pay/induce people to protest.

Much better if it comes from the average fan.

Also don't think that the WN should be involved.

Just try and get as many people to wear black as possible, email, post on message boards, take an ad in the paper. If a couple people want to wear the same jersey great but the emphasis should be on getting as many people to wear black as possible. That should be uniform and recognizable enough.

Agreed.

I still say that folks should try as much as possible to wear something with a message printed on it though...otherwise we run the risk of it being written off as being some sort of fashion statement, black being part of the national colors and all.

This is where the press input will be important in the lead up to the game.

If there is an article in the press that says something like, "Soca Warriors fans plan to wear black to protest TTFF treatment of players and lack of accountability", then at least everyone will know up front what the people in crowd wearing black is all about..

And it will not be just a case of, "wham to dem imps over dey boy dey eh get de memo, is white we wearing".

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2008, 10:15:15 AM »
and fellas remember to sing london Bridge is falling down like in Germany !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »

This is where the press input will be important in the lead up to the game.

If there is an article in the press that says something like, "Soca Warriors fans plan to wear black to protest TTFF treatment of players and lack of accountability", then at least everyone will know up front what the people in crowd wearing black is all about..

And it will not be just a case of, "wham to dem imps over dey boy dey eh get de memo, is white we wearing".

Except the message isn't just geared towards the local media.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2008, 11:20:11 AM »
i am supporting this 100 percent. 6 of us coming from bago in black, and we are spreading the word.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2008, 12:37:03 PM »
So arghm,

Just to clarify....

I chipping in the stadium. I taking squeeze and jam from the thousands who crammed by the entrance. I duck two bite and a kick from the horse that holding back the crowd.

I finally climb on the chain link fence and make meh way on the side to the front of the gate.

As I ready to walk thru the turnstile a BBC camera man/reporter push a microphone by meh face and say..."I see you are wearing black, and you are doing this why  ??? "

What is my response  ??? 

Lemme hear the prepared statement I supposed to make so I don't get ban from any future football events, not to have people on the forum watch meh ahow ( even though they doing so already) Not to offend any players, family, friends, acquaintances. Not have people around the world watch meh and say....look at this ass. Something that Fpatt is cool with, something that people who coming in the stadium with meh wont feel ahow. Something SW management in agreement with and dont get in trouble for since the protest come from their message board etc.

Yuh see I  asking this because I trying to figure out what is the point! What is the desired outcome, what do we want to achieve, how is it going to be measured and finally what determines success or failure.

Spidey..good initiative, you do your thing, I ent fighting yuh down and I ent fighting down anybody who doing this.

But in this world you cant please everybody, and you must not help those who not helping themselves.

So

I have decided to do the following.

I am supporting team Trinidad and Tobago and the players who wear the colours and rep us on the field.

Football to me now is ENTERTAINMENT. A way to pass the time, to ketch some kicks and to enjoy myself.

I overs the fightup of Jack, TTFF, Camps etc.

I am not getting vex over who plays or does not play.

I not on no crusade to save any players, I ent want to rescue nobody from behind the bridge, I not fighting for money for nobody

Bigger protest have pass tru TT and gone..Keith Noel dress up how much people in black, lie down all how and what was the outcome...

Some of you here judging people for going to the game, some of alyuh go be vex if man ent wearing the right colours, some of you might be vex that I even type this but I ent business.

Reality is Jack and the TTFF ent business what colour yuh wear...ent yuh paying 300,600 or 1200 to come in....Story done.

The TTFF/Jack is the end all and be all of football in TT. Like it or not. We cant change nuttin.

Jennings write book, the whole world know he do ratch with tickets, etc etc. If FIFA the governing body condoning it why bother alyuh head.

Money talks that is the game and I dont see how the colour of a jersey..educating people on any issue ( as the whole world knows this already)

None of we could tell a youth man dont play football for TT and dont accept a national call up. None of us giving him the cap to help him fly out. None of us putting the bread on any player table...its they club doing that. If they gettin extra money playing for TTFF/JAck who are we to deny them their dream.

Half of you on this board living foreign and not here, the other half who here is a setta "yeah yeah I dey" when time come..alyuh nowhere to be found.... The rest is a setta peepers who makkoing from the side.

Is to enjoy life and not take on stress...and I not taking on anybody else own.

On June 1 I putting orn whatever clean in my cupboard and I going to enjoy myself.

See you at the game.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2008, 12:43:15 PM »
My major gripe is..

The ones that supposed to be doing this not doing this.

FPATT, the 16 players, they families friends etc.

If them ent looking to help theyself or going about their process in a different way why we have to work up ourselves? Why they have to rely on others who have no nothing to gain and everything to lose.

It supposed to be Harmony across all entities.

All we doing is stirring up ants nest and the only ones gettin bite is we the supporters. Not Jack, Not TTFF, Not FPATT, not the players.

Alyuh must learn to leave bachac nest alone.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »
My major gripe is..

If them ent looking to help theyself or going about their process in a different way why we have to work up ourselves? Why they have to rely on others who have no nothing to gain and everything to lose.

All we doing is stirring up ants nest and the only ones gettin bite is we the supporters. Not Jack, Not TTFF, Not FPATT, not the players.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 02, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »
So arghm,

Just to clarify....

I chipping in the stadium. I taking squeeze and jam from the thousands who crammed by the entrance. I duck two bite and a kick from the horse that holding back the crowd.

I finally climb on the chain link fence and make meh way on the side to the front of the gate.

As I ready to walk thru the turnstile a BBC camera man/reporter push a microphone by meh face and say..."I see you are wearing black, and you are doing this why  ??? "

What is my response  ??? 

Lemme hear the prepared statement I supposed to make so I don't get ban from any future football events, not to have people on the forum watch meh ahow ( even though they doing so already) Not to offend any players, family, friends, acquaintances. Not have people around the world watch meh and say....look at this ass. Something that Fpatt is cool with, something that people who coming in the stadium with meh wont feel ahow. Something SW management in agreement with and dont get in trouble for since the protest come from their message board etc.

Yuh see I  asking this because I trying to figure out what is the point! What is the desired outcome, what do we want to achieve, how is it going to be measured and finally what determines success or failure.

Spidey..good initiative, you do your thing, I ent fighting yuh down and I ent fighting down anybody who doing this.

But in this world you cant please everybody, and you must not help those who not helping themselves.

So

I have decided to do the following.

I am supporting team Trinidad and Tobago and the players who wear the colours and rep us on the field.

Football to me now is ENTERTAINMENT. A way to pass the time, to ketch some kicks and to enjoy myself.

I overs the fightup of Jack, TTFF, Camps etc.

I am not getting vex over who plays or does not play.

I not on no crusade to save any players, I ent want to rescue nobody from behind the bridge, I not fighting for money for nobody

Bigger protest have pass tru TT and gone..Keith Noel dress up how much people in black, lie down all how and what was the outcome...

Some of you here judging people for going to the game, some of alyuh go be vex if man ent wearing the right colours, some of you might be vex that I even type this but I ent business.

Reality is Jack and the TTFF ent business what colour yuh wear...ent yuh paying 300,600 or 1200 to come in....Story done.

The TTFF/Jack is the end all and be all of football in TT. Like it or not. We cant change nuttin.

Jennings write book, the whole world know he do ratch with tickets, etc etc. If FIFA the governing body condoning it why bother alyuh head.

Money talks that is the game and I dont see how the colour of a jersey..educating people on any issue ( as the whole world knows this already)

None of we could tell a youth man dont play football for TT and dont accept a national call up. None of us giving him the cap to help him fly out. None of us putting the bread on any player table...its they club doing that. If they gettin extra money playing for TTFF/JAck who are we to deny them their dream.

Half of you on this board living foreign and not here, the other half who here is a setta "yeah yeah I dey" when time come..alyuh nowhere to be found.... The rest is a setta peepers who makkoing from the side.

Is to enjoy life and not take on stress...and I not taking on anybody else own.

On June 1 I putting orn whatever clean in my cupboard and I going to enjoy myself.

See you at the game.

Yuh right. 

Much better to sit on yuh ass and complain from here 'til eternity about the state of Trinidad football. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »
My major gripe is..

Have you been living under a rock?  What you mean the ones who supposed to be doing this ent doing it?  FPATT and the players who care are doing what they can  on other fronts.  This is supposed to be a fan venture to show solidarity for the cause.  You claim to be supporting the players wearing the colors on the field but your lack of analysis and insight into the situation is telling.  This is not just about the World Cup veterans, but about the rights of future players to go on the field and represent us as well.  Jack standing up on we neck and holding we football down while pocketing money that supposed to be for the improvement of our game...but why trouble that bachac nest, right?  Shame too because you always struck me as an intelligent and insightful fella... real disappointing but say what.

Then again, why I fighting up with you...according to you this just "entertainment".

Wish I could say the same about you Coops but no surprise seeing you here applauding...anything pro FPATT you's de first man critical.  Anything blasting Jack or the TTFF, you's de first man critical.  Doh worry, keep hope alive, one ah deez days Jack go call yuh in fuh dat big wuk yuh holding out for.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 02:12:11 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 02, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »
Touches, I see where you coming from and is no scene with me. My intention at the start was not to force nobody to come there and wage a protest or boycott the game etc.

All I wanted to do was:
1) Show a solidarity or a support with the players who fighting for their money in court in England;
2) Let Jack be aware that all of we not stupid and turning a blind eye to all the bobol he doing with WE football
3)Let the international media know that we not just sitting here like yet another " happy, go lucky, third world country' who accustommed that whenever a black man get in power, he walk over the poor people, exploit and abuse them while we sit in the sun and worship him because we afraid of persecution. We are aware he is corrupt and we want him gone as much as the rest of the world does. What he is doing is not accepted by us either.

True, one passive protest not going to change anything but I think it better than ignoring the problem and just letting it continue without at least drawing some attention to it.

Is like if you know your neighbour chile is a big ganglord. U could just say is not we bizness and let him continue killing or u could at least let ppl know. Is still a question of choice as to whether u want to get involved or not.

Personally, I am not somebody who could just sit by and watch wickedness happening, but I know tha's not everybody.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 02, 2008, 01:41:58 PM »
touches.. have to say yuh kinda let meh down today hoss..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2008, 01:54:30 PM »
My major gripe is..

Have you been living under a rock?  What you mean the ones who supposed to be doing this ent doing it?  FPATT and the players who care are doing what they can  on other fronts.  This is supposed to be a fan venture to show solidarity for the cause.  You claim to be supporting the players wearing the colors on the field but your lack of analysis and insight into the situation is telling.  This is not just about the World Cup veterans, but about the rights of future players to go on the field and represent us as well.  Jack standing up on we neck and holding we football down while pocketing money that supposed to be for the improvement of our game...but why trouble that bachac nest, right?  Shame too because you always struck me as an intelligent and insightful fella... real disappointing but say what.

Then again, why I fighting up with you...according to you this just "entertainment".

Coops I not surprise to see you here applauding...anything pro FPATT you de first man critical.  Anything blasting Jack or the TTFF, you's de first man critical.  Doh worry, keep holding out hope, one ah deez days Jack go call yuh in fuh dat big wuk yuh praying for.

Bakes if it wasnt for spidey throwing out this idea....Who was doing it?

You yourself said that Fpatt and others are fighting on other fronts....ok thats where the battle is supposed to be fought. Has WN, or FPATT come out and endorsed wholesale. Have they given spidey and others help with the cause besides mentioning it to a bbc journalist.

Bakes each party knows there is tension. Each party does not like what is going on. But for any advancement/improvement/any step fwd all parties concerned have to iron out their feelings come to a consensus. SOme have to suck salt, some have to feel aggrieved but everybody cannot be the big bad bully here.

I think you are going out on a limb with regards to the rights of future players etc. If a future player chooses to be represented by Fpatt that is their decision. If they receive any benefit or if they are ostracised that is their own as well.

If Jack pocketing money...so what? He do it since 89..he doing it now..I giving him 300 and the same people who wearing black in the stadium doing the same. How are either of us different...ent we both got him richer? If you not going in the stadium and standing up outside and wearing black..That is a different kettle of fish.

Bakes the ones who care are too few in number. The rest have overs the scene, some have accepted it as is and I looking for entertainment.

This game is not for the die hards....it is a game to make somebody rich. It is simply an opportunity for the die hards to see TT vs good opposition for a change and Jack has made it affordable for us to do so. For others it is the chance to see England.

End of the day stadium will be ram and it is those who dont give a fart/waggonist, those who ent know about Fpatt, WN, who on the field...those are the ones buying tickets and making jack richer.

As I said before Bakes...I on entertainment.

:beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 02, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »
Spidey

Thanks for the reply. I happy you took an idea and I hope it comes to fruitation and you get the support.

I find you going a lil overboard with point #3 But I understand and like your explanation at the end.

You do more than me, well done!!

I just decided to air my feelings on this issue and this is my stance on it. Who disappointed, who vex, no scene. But at least alyuh know my feelings about it.

Cheers  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2008, 02:10:16 PM »
Spidey

Thanks for the reply. I happy you took an idea and I hope it comes to fruitation and you get the support.

I find you going a lil overboard with point #3 But I understand and like your explanation at the end.

I just decided to air my feelings on this issue and this is my stance on it. Who disappointed, who vex, no scene. But at least alyuh know my feelings about it.

and to your stance you have a right, nobody cyah hold it against you.  Just make sure yuh go tuh yuh game and doh let all this talk of protest or wearing black stop yuh from getting yuh entertainment.  If not Jack thiefing we would be some next crook right?  Business as usual and Spidey's Point #3 is proven.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2008, 02:20:29 PM »
Spidey

and to your stance you have a right, nobody cyah hold it against you.  Just make sure yuh go tuh yuh game and doh let all this talk of protest or wearing black stop yuh from getting yuh entertainment.  If not Jack thiefing we would be some next crook right?  Business as usual and Spidey's Point #3 is proven.

Correct is right bakes...as for Spideys point...yuh know maybe he is right...yuh ever check out all our Prime Ministers.  ;D

Anyways...I'm off to enjoy a beverage in the shade of a Palm Tree.  :beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »
My major gripe is..

Touches boy, ah really doh know what to say nah, but in short ah kinda disappointed in your take on the whole affair...ah think you just frustrated about seeing the same ole thing happening for donkey yrs...and nothing change...it's like the ole cliche, once bitten, twice shy...

I know you are a true supporter, and your heart in the right place, but think again about this situation, maybe yuh jus upset that yuh fantasy jump down to th 40s and yuh jus lashing out  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2008, 02:41:20 PM »
Guys i know you all keep saying i does support the TTFF,anything anti TTFF i does jump on the bandwagon etc etc i have always taken the stance of trying to be neutral or weighing the options on both sides of what ever issues there are,i don't think any one on here feels the way i do about Football in T&T past or present,because i too have played under JW and even who was before him,i can honestly say i had some good and bad experiences,that does not mean i have to hate TTFF for that,i know real guys get destroyed by the TTFF and are still being affected today,i'm not saying it's right all i'm saying is the way we going about it will not work.

I applaud Touches because it's the best thing i've read on this topic so far,it's a matter of what makes sense and what does not,for instance,FPATT don't want to get involved or be a part because they don't want to upset what they are doing/relationship with the TTFF,WN don't want to come out because they too don't want to spoil theirs because when they want tickets etc etc it would affect them,all who talking about wearing black shirts will not be at the game,why are we afraid to put FPATT/WN on those black T-shirt,if i am proud of what i'm doing i'll wear it give me one, the only alternative now is to use the public as scapegoats to get the job done.

Football today the real Football fans don't go to Football because they can't afford,people that have money go to Football that's why TTFF will always survive,that's who Jack targets not me and you,they bring the lottery system for tickets, who are the people with Computers at home,the average fans in the village eh getting no ticket where they going,what they protesting for?has anyone thought of giving away black shirts?i think that way we sure to get a lot of support,i going home i'll hand them out if people afraid to do it,that's my contribution.

You know when i look at Football now it really sad,only a few might be able to understand what i mean when i say that because it's two generations i'm talking about,i'm not talking about which one was the best or anything of the sort,all i want to say is it was good Football,i just sympathize with who playing Football today.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »
Just wondering for all those who disappointed in my stance...

If I were to come out like batman. Placard in hand. Talk to BBC, all local papers.

Sit down outside the stadium and watch the thousands going in.

Send a right to the England and Trini bus.

What would be the outcome????

Would everyone here clap and applaud me...

Would any of the players stop the bus come out and give me a 5 and say good job. Thanks for the support!

When the action start you feel the 20,000 inside the stadium farting on me outside.

You feel the TTFF will even acknowledge my presence, if anything I will be removed as a security risk/nuisance.

It is a thankless job of which I am unwilling to do.

Of those disappointed...any of you will be in Trinidad and not going to the game because you want to send a message to Jack?

Fire for dat yes....

I going and watch birds in white short pants. I going and sip some beers with my partners, I going and see them English players who I does see on TV and who I put on my Fantasy league side in the flesh. I going and see My TT team rest some blade on them said players, some spanner and cap. I going and relive the England WC game that I did not attend. This game is my WC and I ent missing this for the world.When I ketchmehself the next day I will do my write up for those interested and life goes on...

I personally have other things to study when the sun comes up. In the scheme of things TT football, Jack, Fpatt, the players and their money all of this...have little or no bearing on my day to day activities......... I have switched off... simple. I will pay my money when the next game comes around and cheer for the XI who take the field.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
Touches- a protest is just an expression of discontent. Don't place the protesters in a category of people with false hope- that's a very unrealistic outlook- protesters are people who have something to say, and are saying it- that's all. I think most of the people wearing black are just as realistic as you are about the chances of the protest making a difference.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2008, 05:48:53 PM »
Just wondering for all those who disappointed in my stance...

If I were to come out like batman. Placard in hand. Talk to BBC, all local papers.

Sit down outside the stadium and watch the thousands going in.

Send a right to the England and Trini bus.

What would be the outcome????

Would everyone here clap and applaud me...

Would any of the players stop the bus come out and give me a 5 and say good job. Thanks for the support!

When the action start you feel the 20,000 inside the stadium farting on me outside.

You feel the TTFF will even acknowledge my presence, if anything I will be removed as a security risk/nuisance.

It is a thankless job of which I am unwilling to do.

Of those disappointed...any of you will be in Trinidad and not going to the game because you want to send a message to Jack?

Fire for dat yes....

I going and watch birds in white short pants. I going and sip some beers with my partners, I going and see them English players who I does see on TV and who I put on my Fantasy league side in the flesh. I going and see My TT team rest some blade on them said players, some spanner and cap. I going and relive the England WC game that I did not attend. This game is my WC and I ent missing this for the world.When I ketchmehself the next day I will do my write up for those interested and life goes on...

I personally have other things to study when the sun comes up. In the scheme of things TT football, Jack, Fpatt, the players and their money all of this...have little or no bearing on my day to day activities......... I have switched off... simple. I will pay my money when the next game comes around and cheer for the XI who take the field.

i THINK you would get one set of verbal cyber applause and well done lad, very god.....etc and then nuttin else.....not one mudda c**t..cause at de end of the day is one set ha talkers yuh conversing with here. talk done...proven time and time again.!!! mouth murders to the extreme save a few. 

its easy to yap, philosophize and condem form the comfort ah they ownhouse in front yuh pc scratching yuh balls......see how everyone quick to laud de idea.....  lewwe see how many ah dem come out......then on de 2nd ah june  they could prouve u wrong.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2008, 06:33:18 PM »
I hear and agree with yuh eh Touches, buh it ain't go lower the taste of the event or the beer 1 bit, if all yuh do is wear ah black WN or your own black designer juzzy.....it's not even ah solidarity or protest ting, as ah statement that yuh  here and/but yuh aware...it ain't no politico overthrow the government tantanaa spidey talkin bout, is wearing ah juzzy, to show we know the time.. ;D if BBC ask yuh if yuh wearin black for the "fight against Jack"...hear yuh prepared statement..."Jack Who, is to match the ting in d white pompom shorts"...Yuh won't make the news, truss meh...personally, I doh think the colour shoulda be red, white or black....the colour shoulda be Blue(sqeeze balls nah) or some neutral colour so...buh enjoy the event and support yuh team still, come back home safe, and give we we report

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »
Touches- a protest is just an expression of discontent. Don't place the protesters in a category of people with false hope- that's a very unrealistic outlook- protesters are people who have something to say, and are saying it- that's all. I think most of the people wearing black are just as realistic as you are about the chances of the protest making a difference.

Kicker I ent place nobody in any category. Me ent care who wear what colour, me ent care who else in the game...I going

I glad Spidey come up with the initiative.

I ent say as yet I not wearing black...I said I wearing whatever I have that is clean.

My first thing was to clear the air as to what was the point for wearing black, what is the symbolism, success or failure determination etc. SPidey the originator gave his views as to why he came up with it, the reasons etc so if anybody ask, we have something to say, to reference and relate to.

I realise I should not have played  :devil: advocate and ask these kinda questions ( It was done so as to inform not only myself but others as to the process behind this).....but anyways in so doing I decided to inject my point of view....which was not popular.

But I spin it around a few times, I look at the facts, I look at the past history and I look at the issue at hand and after being told that my lack of analysis and insight into the situation is telling... I asked myself in the big picture, in the whole and total scheme of things what really was the point.

So I expressed my feelings and others did not agree but say what. I entitled to that....same way others entitled to do what they think is right and what gives them a sense of well being and satisfaction.

I like how the anonymity of the board can let each other express how they feel. At the same time all my friends who know me at whatever level knows me and where I coming from. 

I am simply shifting my focus and emotion to having a good time...lets say it again....ENTERTAINMENT.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2008, 08:13:34 PM »
Touches, Who doh want to wear black doh have to. Is their prerogative.

I don't see what is the point of fighting down the initiative though - its your right to express yourself - but I don't see what purpose preaching your disagreement (and by extension dissuading others) will serve.

Is one thing if you have a constructive comment to make about the pertinence or not of the fpatt jersey (the people who against it make some seriously good points, and i change me mind about it), the sloganwe use, the means of relaying the info etc etc but just pulling down the idea on the basis that it won't work/is a waste of time/doh have the support of the first people concerned doh really do no good.

Dat is what is 'disappointing' about yuh stance, not the fact that you against the idea in and of itself.

Elan contribution more constructive in that regard - and he was a lot more severe towards the idea than you were.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2008, 08:25:58 PM »
Yuh cud wear a black FPATT jersey and explain to the people around you that you wanted to support the players organizing themselves to avoid things like the blacklist.  I think that is a worthwhile reason.
It will not be a protest really cuz it will be about 20 people...maybe 100 if it promoted.
But how the ruling next week going to change things?  if they get plenty $$ I guess you could still wear black?
What about WHITE FPATT jerseys?  Dat way you supporting them and they don't have to worry about anything...they could even get players families and the like to wear the jersey....maybe have some players available for an autograph session the day before at an england vs T&T fans fete match

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2008, 03:12:35 AM »
Guys, firstly, I would absoloutely love to be at that match on June 1st....but the wife and kids have(selfishly) insisted that they get a vacation this year, and I can't afford to bring them...so its gonna be Spain for me!

If I did make it I would wear black. No question. I don't care if England win. Its a friendly. Even more, to me its a friendly against friends. If we played Germany, France or Scotland I would want England to mash them up and I would be wearing my 3 lions on my shirt.

I fully understand Touches comments.

But this isn't initiated by FPATT, the players or SW/WN. Its YOUR plan. The supporters. If people ask why you're wearing black, its because of the death of democracy in T&T football. Its to show disapproval of Jack Warners stranglehold on YOUR game.

It will be briefly covered by the BBC. But, if only for a moment, you will get the attention of 20 million people in England. BBC may even interview a player about the world cup bonus fiasco.

But most of all, it will unite the supporters. You can say "We were there. We made our peaceful protest"

Like the student who stood in front of the tank in Tianamen Square.

Like Ghandi sitting in the road.

Like Mandella in prison for 24 years.

Like Martin Luther King saying "I have a dream".

All you guys have to do is wear a black shirt. A nice peaceful protest.

I won't critisize anyone who doesn't want to join in, you all have to do what you feel. But I know some of you didn't agree with FPATT initiatives, so heres your chance to make your stand for yourselves.

I really think that when I sit at home watching this match, with all the expected vibrancy and colour, its gonna look real strange to see awhole section of the crowd wearing black. The commentators will definately mention this, because it will be an unusual sight and its not a political protest as such.

I remember seeing a match in the 80's when a section of Wolves fans all wore surgical hats and masks. Mind you, that may have been for a more sinister reason.

Anyway, it will cost ou nothing, its peaceful and its yours. I really hope you do it and I wish you all well.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2008, 04:03:17 AM »
Suppose they stop u at the gate ,for wearing black . I would wearing it underneath my white shirt oui ,then put it out . Could someone pm me on how to get a ticket ?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2008, 05:32:53 AM »
Suppose they stop u at the gate ,for wearing black ?

run that by me again?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2008, 05:43:42 AM »
Spidey boy even if is me and yuh alone in de stadium in black...fine....I will be wearing mih black juzzy....and dey could haul mih away in handcuffs if dey want....(yuh allowed to wear makeup and get yuh hair and nails done in jail??....that's my only concern... ;D)

And when de BBC put de mic in front ah mih....ah goh say

"I am against what is happening in the administration of our football" or something along those lines......I eh goh be lying dat is how I feel....

De only thing to deter mih now is not getting a ticket....which in it self is foolishnes....dey 5,000 or so people who does turn up at the "regular" games shouldn't have to be going through this....but yeah daiz wha we celebrating, 100 years of this nonsense!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>